What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gift of the Gods - Loot Feedback

Comments

• Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly, Im working on gear not fashion. Idc about the mantle to be honest. I would really like to see an exclusive 110 % speed mount though, in a similar event. That would be epic. And make me care about the event, I basically ignored it since the loot is not really worth my time.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pprandom wrote: »
    This reward boxes could even be a regular mechanic, not a 3 day event. I mean potions are worthless, enchants and runes are really common drops, you rarely get an ardent and the deity-themed cape is a bop blue item. The only nice thing is the change of monotone in grinding, wich is why as a regular mechanic could be nice.

I would've preferred just grinding them tbh. Tymora's gifts I tried to grind for, the god's gift even though it was done a little more interestingly, you still have to grind the mobs and do something extra to get the gift. Some of the challenges are silly like the 3 crafting in 20 mins which is kind of bad if you actually need to use those slots for something actually worth while, unless you happen to be levelling up a non leadership task. Classes like HRs can also breeze through the tasks more easily too since 3 dailies= no problem, they can just use a 25% ap daily, and they can also kill mobs pretty quickly, and even though the tasks are very easy, other classes may find it slower to grind. They also don't drop in dungeons which is stupid. As a casual thing, can't complain, you get something for nothing even though I've not got anything worth while yet, otherwise I've not been too into the event.

Also the survive 30 secs in combat under 50% health. You fail that if you lifesteal over 50% health and are unable to try again on the same or another mob group which fails.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As disappointing as the event is. Its not all that bad, as a minor bonus for basically normal play. Still, I feel it could of been improved vastly by simply letting us collect the challenges so we can choose when and where to use them.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I finally somehow managed to complete Corellon's challenge twice in a row on my DC. I don't know how I did it but somehow I didn't die. :eek:

Also:

jmQfh7y.jpg

My DC is thrilled and I am a super happy nebula. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . I've opened over 150 boxes on my main character and over 50 on another and not a single cloak was granted to me. I am very sad the gods have forsaken me. Going to try again for a bit, was hoping to get the cloak on a few toons. Seems I may not even get one. The RNG god is evil, I do decree. Tymora needs to lay the smack down and take back control of this horrid "luck," indeed! I am still having fun though, just wish I could get a cloak... or two.

. . . I also wish the event lasted a could weeks and not just a weekend. I don't like it when events are only on the weekends for there is usually far too many other things to do on the weekends. Longer events please. Seriously! Aye, aye!
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sominator wrote: »
    Sorry about this issue! We're working on a fix for future events.

Thanks!

This makes me smile. A little communication to let us know you are listening goes along way. Thank you
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    As disappointing as the event is. Its not all that bad, as a minor bonus for basically normal play. Still, I feel it could of been improved vastly by simply letting us collect the challenges so we can choose when and where to use them.

This would have been great. I would have spent hours collecting the challenges to sell on the AH if they was not BOP for those obsessed with opening them.

I was all excited about the event thinking I could get closer to obtaining the angel companion but do not seem to be getting any coins. As I read the event description it led me to believe this was the point of the event. O well better than no event at all..............
  • Options
    paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited February 2014
    throsbi wrote: »
    This would have been great. I would have spent hours collecting the challenges to sell on the AH if they was not BOP for those obsessed with opening them.

I was all excited about the event thinking I could get closer to obtaining the angel companion but do not seem to be getting any coins. As I read the event description it led me to believe this was the point of the event. O well better than no event at all..............

A lot of people believed this, since 360 days is a silly amount of time to get that companion. It means never missing a single day, no bad weather, no vacations, no work, no obligations.
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    A lot of people believed this, since 360 days is a silly amount of time to get that companion. It means never missing a single day, no bad weather, no vacations, no work, no obligations.

Uff... The 360 day angel isn't hard or difficult to obtain. You only need 5-10 minutes(depend how fast your PC boot + game play) and then shortcut for praying(or clicking the icon) - done with it. Not a science test or grind to do. If you can't spent this spare time for the simple invoking, then you may have big problems. Having family/Job/many to do is i silly excuse. Easy doable if you can organize.
  • Options
    diachr0ndiachr0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    Umm. Am I the only one who actually likes the event so far? The challenges aren't too difficult or too time-consuming (which is GREAT because I get afked a lot) and they're amusing to do. Knowing my luck and the fact that my playtime is limited right now (couldn't even play the first day of the event), I'm probably not going to manage to get a mantle for my DC even though she wants one really badly, but I'm still having fun while it lasts.

I'm with you-- I've enjoyed this event so far. When I'm in the mood to engage the challenges, they're quick and easy. When I'm not in the mood, I ignore them. It's a nice opportunity to get more rank 4 enchantments.

That said, calling these rewards "epic" is misleading and devalues the label. Cryptic, save yourself some grief and don't use that word unless purples are in play.
  • Options
    diachr0ndiachr0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    I finally somehow managed to complete Corellon's challenge twice in a row on my DC. I don't know how I did it but somehow I didn't die. :eek:

Also:

jmQfh7y.jpg

My DC is thrilled and I am a super happy nebula. :D

That cloak looks great on your character. Did you dye the rest of your gear?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    diachr0n wrote: »
    That cloak looks great on your character. Did you dye the rest of your gear?

Yep. The armor is the War Prophet set dyed with High Harvest dyepacks. I didn't dye the cloak because I liked the contrast. Unfortunately it clips a lot when she's just standing still, but it's not too noticeable in actual gameplay since DCs have to move a ton to be effective. ;)
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I've opened over 150 boxes on my main character and over 50 on another and not a single cloak was granted to me. I am very sad the gods have forsaken me. Going to try again for a bit, was hoping to get the cloak on a few toons. Seems I may not even get one. The RNG god is evil, I do decree. Tymora needs to lay the smack down and take back control of this horrid "luck," indeed! I am still having fun though, just wish I could get a cloak... or two.

I hate to suggest it since it defeats the point of taking challenges, but if you aren't short on AD, you might consider watching the AH for cheap stacks of gifts if you run low on time. Last night they were 1500-1600 apiece or occasionally in stacks for a unit cost of 1000. I had to resort to that last night when eyestrain from fighting in Hotenow was killing me and sure enough, the cloak was in the 12th box I bought.
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    keppoch1 wrote: »
    This just happened to me as well. I completed the Sune Challenge and when I opened the box, it said I had gotten an epic reward. All I got was a potion of major healing and a potion of major rejuvenation. I would not call that epic. I did submit a ticket.

Every single one I've opened, on 5 toons, has stated epic, but mostly been potions or enchants. I did get a few injury kits. Can't see much point in bug reporting, it would be too time consuming for that many bugs.
  • Options
    tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly, I wish this event to be on the same hourly timers as the other events like the professions, skirmishes, ect. It's meh as a special event, but would be awesome if it was on a few hours a day. Or better yet, replace the profession events with this. Just food for thought.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Rite of Invocation has jackked up my one character I'm leveling up. I received it last night, about 10 minutes before my timer was to be reset. I had already used my 3 invocations for the day. I thought this was good, I'd get a shot at a potion, use the rite, invoke again, get a coin and be all reset.

Nope. I used my regular invocation, popped the rite and my timer reset. I invoked again and not only did I not get an ardent coin or xp or AD's, now all of my other characters invokes have reset, but this guy is still getting zilch.

Yes, I've already put in a ticket.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mystagogue wrote: »
    The Rite of Invocation has jackked up my one character I'm leveling up. I received it last night, about 10 minutes before my timer was to be reset. I had already used my 3 invocations for the day. I thought this was good, I'd get a shot at a potion, use the rite, invoke again, get a coin and be all reset.

Nope. I used my regular invocation, popped the rite and my timer reset. I invoked again and not only did I not get an ardent coin or xp or AD's, now all of my other characters invokes have reset, but this guy is still getting zilch.

Yes, I've already put in a ticket.

It doesnt work like that thats why...

When you first get the reward from the challenge, when you open it you get the invoke inventory item and at the top of the box it also awards you one ardent.

When you use the invoke item all it does is reset the hour so you can pray again & will not gift you more ardents/celestials, also if you have already prayed your x amount of times a day and got your xp/coin/potion (i think its 3 times a day right?) then all you will get is the boon that you get when you pray.

These items arent a keep using and reset your invoke like people think otherwise by now the AH would be full of Ardent collected Angels
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Definition of "appropriate for your level"should be reevaluated as well. Since you receive a rank 3 silvery enchantment for a quest at lvl 30, you should be getting double and not 2 rank 3s but a rank 6 at lvl 60. And they drop during events end chest so this being an event reward they should drop.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Definition of "appropriate for your level"should be reevaluated as well. Since you receive a rank 3 silvery enchantment for a quest at lvl 30, you should be getting double and not 2 rank 3s but a rank 6 at lvl 60. And they drop during events end chest so this being an event reward they should drop.

Nothing higher than rank 4's drop from enemies - hence, what's appropriate for a level 60 character are rank 4 enchantments. You *do* get the greater potions, though...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »

Then the quest reward for the lvl 30 need to be toned down as it is to OP for that level.
    1-15 = lvl 1
    16-30 = lvl 2
    31-45 = lvl 3
    46-60 = lvl 4 enchantment.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    philmanpw wrote: »
    So what about this event? Just worthless then? It says you have received an epic quality reward and the only thing in the box is a level 4 enchant. how is that epic?
    The event is sadly pretty standard for this game. They make it sound realy awesome, but in reality, it's just yet another BS event. At least this one can be done while you're doing your normal things anyway, so it's basically just free stuff. Crappy stuff, but hey, you get what you pay for.

Why is it so darn hard to make an event with useful stuff? I'm not asking for much, only that we can get unique stuff we can actually use. New dye? Geez, no thanks. If I want the dye, I'll buy it cheap of the AH. Yet another cloak I won't use? Thanks for that. Scarfs? That isn't even cosmetic? Pointless. Sure you can transmute it, but what do you do when you've upgraded to a new item? Pay 50k ADs to transmute it again? So you're paying at least 50k ADs for a scarf? Yay...

What we should be getting is new cosmetic clothes, new mounts, new companions (not the green one, but a useful one) and stuff like that. Pretty much just give me a reason to want to log in to the game again. But with the disappointing Sharandar and Dread Ring, plus a whole bunch of horribly boring "events" that pays me with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I have to grind forever to get in the first place, it's no wonder even I are getting bored of this game.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It doesnt work like that thats why...

When you first get the reward from the challenge, when you open it you get the invoke inventory item and at the top of the box it also awards you one ardent.

When you use the invoke item all it does is reset the hour so you can pray again & will not gift you more ardents/celestials, also if you have already prayed your x amount of times a day and got your xp/coin/potion (i think its 3 times a day right?) then all you will get is the boon that you get when you pray.

These items arent a keep using and reset your invoke like people think otherwise by now the AH would be full of Ardent collected Angels

Regardless of the way it's supposed to work (and that's not at all clear by the description), it is fact that I didn't receive a coin at any point, after opening the package, invoking - whatever. No additional coin. All it did was reset my timer AND broke my character to where he as out of sync with the invocations from my other characters. I just checked and did get finally get my invocation reset.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Tymora's gifts were much better, didn't need to bother with the extra tasks and if you didnt get a crown, you still had a high chance of getting either a dragon egg or 10k rough AD. This event you get rank 4s or pots, not even the special potions the tymora event gave you. Granted it probably did spoil us.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Tymora's gifts were much better, didn't need to bother with the extra tasks and if you didnt get a crown, you still had a high chance of getting either a dragon egg or 10k rough AD. This event you get rank 4s or pots, not even the special potions the tymora event gave you. Granted it probably did spoil us.

...and then people complained about the collapse of the dragon egg market on the AH and all the metric tons of rough AD that would take them forever to refine. I think Tymora did spoil us.
  • Options
    vehementinaconvehementinacon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sominator wrote: »
    Sorry about this issue! We're working on a fix for future events.

Thanks!

Might I suggest just giving us tokens so we can buy the stuff? It's a band aid approach to future missions but you know... It stops having to deal with a broken rng system. I rather know how much of X i'll need to get Y and be done with it rather then being that unlucky guy that grinds till frustration and gives up.

Does make me sad that one of the two things I cared about was the ardent coins and they don't work but at least we got these nice injury kits.

Almost had those 3 days I missed over winter break back from missing my prays.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    307 Gifts opened in total on my main character and not a single cloak. The Gods have forsaken me for sure...
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My biggest gripe so far is doing this all weekend and investing extra hours to this event just in the hopes of getting the cloak and after opening about 100 gifts of the gods not one cloak. Three ardent coins, other than that a few random enchants and a lot of pots.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Great, last day and still no cloak.

This "event" can now be officially labelled as the most significant catastrophe in NW history, hands down.
  • Options
    invalidcode123invalidcode123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Concept of the event is pretty good. Although some 'challenges' are...well 'use 10 healing potions'.

Drop rate of the cloak, a non weapon-cosmetic item. Did you play tested it?

EDIT: Just use the reward system from Storm the keep last time instead of RNG please.
  • Options
    starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The event is fail. If I get a drop, I hope I'm questing solo because otherwise I'm competing to kill mobs in a specific way with my team. Also sucks when I'm doing a foundry that's not an arena-style. There's no companion, no contests between players, and I haven't seen any R5 stones drop like last event. I'm not really caring about no companion seeing how I already have more than I need.