test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZAX 10% up in 24 hours?

krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi people..

As the title says, the ZEN/AD ratio has rised sharply in the last hours and is rising further. It was around 340 yesterday, now it is 375 and rising. I am not aware of any ZEN promotion, which usually causes such spikes. This change does not have any aparent cause...

Now, now, there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation I am not aware of, but are we entirely sure that there is nothing, shall we say, less than legitimal causing a huge influx of AD? It seems strange that such a sharp trend is caused for no apparent reason. Maybe it is just some people with a *REALLY* obscene amount of AD driving the market up (ALA the real stock market). But I can't help raising an eyebrow.

Just wondering :)
Post edited by krimbarbarroja on

Comments

• chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Smart people (myself included) are investing in zen before new lockboxes which will be introduced in 3 days that many people will buy keys with AD so a spike to 500 is not unreasonable.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    Smart people (myself included) are investing in zen before new lockboxes which will be introduced in 3 days that many people will buy keys with AD so a spike to 500 is not unreasonable.

How do you find out about promotions so early as the only information I can find is http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1091351
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    How do you find out about promotions so early as the only information I can find is http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1091351

That's probably how he found out ,it's 5 days old , or he could have guessed because they got removed from the test server too but I'm not sure if that was before or after the news report.
  • amendoimdoceamendoimdoce Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    this is sad, the zen's price increase and we don't know why and why so fast
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But we do know why. ZAX speculators have been banking on the demand for Zen to purchase keys to spike on Thursday. Buying all the lower Zen offers to hold and resell has created the current jump. It's not that complicated.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But we do know why. ZAX speculators have been banking on the demand for Zen to purchase keys to spike on Thursday. Buying all the lower Zen offers to hold and resell has created the current jump. It's not that complicated.

yeah i had some guy in guild who braged he bought over 200k zen for 340 and he plan to sell it for 450+ when new lock box come ....they need to block buying a lot of zen on exchange to some 2-5k per month on the same account or make the zen u buy on exchange bound and u can not sell it back
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    yeah i had some guy in guild who braged he bought over 200k zen for 340 and he plan to sell it for 450+ when new lock box come ....they need to block buying a lot of zen on exchange to some 2-5k per month on the same account or make the zen u buy on exchange bound and u can not sell it back

No, they don't. Some people make their money through playing the zen exchange market, just like some people play the AH. Its a free market for all to play, just because some people get better deals doesnt mean it should be regulated like that.
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »

Why do they need to do that? it's a completely legitimate way of earning AD.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Why do they need to do that? it's a completely legitimate way of earning AD.

I concur. Buying low and selling high is a classic market strategy. The AD exchange is one of the best aspects of the game, as it allows people with more time than money to still get the stuff they want - and those with more money than they have time, can benefit from the efforts of the first group.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All true, but cornering the market only benefits the extremely rich and hurts everyone else.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    All true, but cornering the market only benefits the extremely rich and hurts everyone else.

If you pay attention to the market, it can help you too. It's certainly helped me a bit.
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No it doesn't. We are usually bouncing the diamond market between 330-345, which keeps the value of AD in a good sweet spot for everyone. Right now though we are betting big on Zen, but only in the short term. We will have AD back to 335 in about a week or so.

Also, if you have enough AD to exchange for 1 Zen you could be doing the same thing, so it doesn't just benefit the rich.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hooli78 wrote: »
    Also, if you have enough AD to exchange for 1 Zen you could be doing the same thing, so it doesn't just benefit the rich.

This is true. Even I exchanged AD for a little extra Zen beyond what I wanted when it was 332 AD/Z, knowing that it would go up in value soon, and I'm broke by most standards. You don't have to be "rich," although it helps to be if you want to buy lots of Zen at once.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »

And this, my friend, was the data I was missing. New lockboxes soon.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    If you pay attention to the market, it can help you too. It's certainly helped me a bit.

Yes, but artificial demand ends up hurting the majority. Essentially the prices will collapse in about a week or so. Sure you can take advantage of it...... But so did the Hunt brothers.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The price stayed at or around 500 for over a month at the end of last year. There are factors beyond just a new lockbox that influence that price. Before, it was several weeks of desirable sale items and the new items and class introduced in module 2. The topic of the time was whether or not the 500 cap on Zen prices would have to be raised. The prices of the last month are as low as they've been for a long time, possibly since the time of the official launch. People said the sky was falling when that happened too.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    The price stayed at or around 500 for over a month at the end of last year. There are factors beyond just a new lockbox that influence that price. Before, it was several weeks of desirable sale items and the new items and class introduced in module 2. The topic of the time was whether or not the 500 cap on Zen prices would have to be raised. The prices of the last month are as low as they've been for a long time, possibly since the time of the official launch. People said the sky was falling when that happened too.

Nah, the AD:ZEN price went down to around 260-270 at one stage. It then went up to around 340-360 as people started to get level 20 Leadership and salvaging came in.
    edited February 2014
    I don't keep an eye on it as much as I should. Only keep up with now because when the price dropped this last time, I had the resources to take advantage.
  • jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Zen/AD fluctuates, it happens. Trying to artificially set the exchange rate is a terrible idea.

The important question is: So what is going to be in the new boxes?

Jorm
  • kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There already is regulation on Zen/AD exchanging. It's the 50 minimum and 500 maximum.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2014
    jormunrek wrote: »
    The important question is: So what is going to be in the new boxes?

Some guesses flying about this thread , that's all there is ATM since nothing official has been announced - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?600661-Last-Chance-Rusted-Iron-Lockbox
  • starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Inb4 this becomes exactly like PWI (Perfect World's first game). The amount of game currency needed for one zen is so astronomically high that people turn to goldsellers and the amount of cash shop items distributed goes from "everyone has at least a couple things" to "only the goldfarmer-tier grinders can obtain zen for free." If this trend keeps up, the game currency will become so inflated that people start using other items as currency in a barter-like scenario just like in PWI because the game currency is so plentiful that it's useless. Just wait until it hits 900+/zen and then when it hits 2500/zen. Pretty soon the towns will have unreadable chat from gold spammers. This happened from PWI open beta to the 3 year mark. Neverwinter is only like a year old right? Well in a year or two have fun with super inflation.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    starcher wrote: »
    Just wait until it hits 900+/zen and then when it hits 2500/zen.

Can't. Capped at 500.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh okay, sweet
    edited February 2014
    Prices are dropping rapidly, this might be bad.
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Eh, I think they'll go back up a little once the late comers realize there's a new box to open.
    edited February 2014
    It has dropped 40 Zen in 24 hours, that's not a fluke.
    edited February 2014
    Exchange down to 367 as of the time I wrote this , lots of people going to get burnt unless there's a huge jump in interest again XD
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you are clever, it is very very very hard to get burned buying ZEN with AD. Just saying.
    edited February 2014
    You only get burnt if you are relying on a quick turn around and have to sell at a loss to buy something else. If you are patient, eventually you'll make a profit. In the meantime, you have Zen if you need it and while prices are low, you can replace what you use.