test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Greatfire Guild (NW-DL7W63QAW)

ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Well, hello,

I would want people to try my Quest "The Greatfire Guild" (NW-DL7W63QAW). In return, I am willing to try quests of you. Just say it on the comments and I will try your quest :D

Summary: There has been some rumores lately around the Greatfire Guild and a group of goblings. You've been chosen to investigate tha real truth behind the rumors and to solve the problem.

The first step is to go to the Guild and search for clues and witnesses who can bring some light to the matter.

Thank you ^^
Post edited by ladypeanut66 on

Comments

• Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Playing this now -- if you could play and rate Tempest in a Freepot (NW-DC8KGKXGH) in return, I would be forever grateful.

--

With Giniel, why not make her Hurt, sitting so we can talk to her face instead of her shoes, THEN swap her with a dead body afterward. Also, dead Giniel is hovering over the floor.

The language is well-spelled, but the syntax is odd. I am guessing English is not your first language, in which case I am truly impressed. I couldn't write this well in another language.

I didn't follow the sparkly line, but instead went off looking around, through the teleport and stuff, and came to a large room with the foundry treasure chest in it. If I was not supposed to be in this room at this time, I shouldn't have been allowed to come here. also, the chest is hovering off the floor.

The adjustable difficulty is nice, but even on Hard mode, this is pretty easy.

Was Uhory supposed to be a drow? Yeah, Master Goblin says he's a drow, but he's human.

Also, I was wrong about that other treasure chest. The actual treasure chest is in with Uhory. This is a very short adventure. The teleport and stuff doesn't seem to be important to the quest and should probably be removed. The final room was pretty easy, even on Hard mode -- consider making the final fight more of a boss fight. Your adventure just -- kinda ended.

Reviewed and tipped. Thank you!
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have played your quest and review it. As you guessed, I am not english so, excuse the vocabulary or sintaxis... Or whatever with the language, just learning :D

--

On your quest, now: When they travel with the sparkly crystal, after talking the first time with the gnome king, I am really curious about how you did that animation. And really loved it, the times and everything.

Now, in the city on ths stables, the animals' names are displayed, and some of them are like 'Horse 1', 'Horse 2', etc. Maybe you should change them to just 'Horse'.
    The Guard Chiken make me laugh!

Also, a great job with the ship and the city, both are awesome. The transition to the Island, as well as the combat before, is okay. Maybe too much fire boxes?
    It was funny having bears following me ^^
    The ending was a bit... Confusing, but I love the effects and the thing with the illusory island; anyway, the las interactable object cleared my doubts about this quest.

And, a little question: I did have a lot of locked options on my play, and a letter I kept as an item but didn't know who needed it.

Maybe you could say on the summary that space on the inventory is needed, i found myself discarding items because lack of space :(

In conclusion, i loved your maps and the story. Maybe you could put more sparkly path, but it is not that relevant.
  • Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On your quest, now: When they travel with the sparkly crystal, after talking the first time with the gnome king, I am really curious about how you did that animation. And really loved it, the times and everything.

That's something I developed for "The Sealing of Najena's Lair". Since you are supposed to be teleporting between worlds, I wanted to make it look like that was something that was not easy to do. I have an event which is "Wait for Syndal/Pham to cast the spell". This is actually a "kill enemies" story objective. The enemies spawn in a room not connected to the "Non-descript House". I have waiting for them several friendly guards who immediately begin to kill them. The magic spires start when the event begins; they disappear when it ends, and the magic circle and wisps appear, and the crystal sound begins playing. That leads to the map transition via the crystal.

I do the same thing again, but out in the open, on the beach of the ancient isle. If you use the Stool of Bowing there, you will see the ghost of King Alfonso. He refuses to say anything aside from "Avenge me!". However, if you run off behind the rock to the left, you'll see the cats that were on the ship, fighting with an island cat. When they kill the island cat, the ghost of the king fades away.
    Now, in the city on ths stables, the animals' names are displayed, and some of them are like 'Horse 1', 'Horse 2', etc. Maybe you should change them to just 'Horse'.

Bug! Must fix! Thank you!
    The Guard Chiken make me laugh!

He's a clever chicken!
    Also, a great job with the ship and the city, both are awesome. The transition to the Island, as well as the combat before, is okay. Maybe too much fire boxes?

Most of the cargo that was tied to the deck is now in flames cuz fire elementals. This is actually straight from the play. One of the few things :P
    It was funny having bears following me ^^

I was wondering how many people would bother doing the optional quest!!!!
    The ending was a bit... Confusing, but I love the effects and the thing with the illusory island; anyway, the las interactable object cleared my doubts about this quest.

I had to hurry through the last map, unfortunately. I was running over my time budget. I'm trying to come in at around half an hour. There's an encounter I didn't even get to -- the Oracle of K'Arnon was supposed to turn up.
    And, a little question: I did have a lot of locked options on my play, and a letter I kept as an item but didn't know who needed it.

The options for the epic weapon and the astral diamond are Easter eggs. If you return to the beach after you see them, you'll see some objects which chide you for not seeing them on your way up :) There are two letters. One is for the guard you see on the ship (and later, on the beach). He'll help you if you hand him his letter. The second is for Kizdean Gix in the police station. He will help you if you mail the incriminating information in the letter. You won't have gotten that letter if you didn't say the correct things to Drelzna, in the market. She wants Kizdean to kill you, but that wouldn't be an issue for a hero :)
    Maybe you could say on the summary that space on the inventory is needed, i found myself discarding items because lack of space :(

I think in general having free inventory is a good thing...! There's a quest in Neverdeath Graveyard to give you another pack.
    In conclusion, i loved your maps and the story. Maybe you could put more sparkly path, but it is not that relevant.

Thank you so very much for playing it, and finding more bugs for me to fix!!!!!!
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi again,

I remake partially the quest. I changed the Guild's map (because I was not convinced by the other), added some details and a Sewer map adittionally to have a longer quest...

Soooooooo, I would like my quest to be reviewed again.

People of the Foundry, I'm waiting your quests for trading reviews :)

Edit (13/02/2014): I played your quest adn reviewed it on your thread, chinspinner
  • Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll take a look- will post comments in a bit.

Any chance you can pick up mine in sig as well.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The quest is now on New Tab. Still open to reviews
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Playing through now.

1.) Guard Frinko dialogue: "complain" should be "complaint".

2.) The goblins could use some customization.

3.) Biam refers to Giniel as "he".

4.) Going into the vault, the transition says "Go to Next Map".
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.