test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Girlfriend or neverwinter

2»

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I started playing Neverwinter before my husband did. It took me 3 months to get him playing, but now he plays just as much, if not more than I do. Couldn't be happier. So just find a significant other who love gaming, and get them playing Neverwinter. It's a win-win situation.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I started playing Neverwinter before my husband did. It took me 3 months to get him playing, but now he plays just as much, if not more than I do. Couldn't be happier. So just find a significant other who love gaming, and get them playing Neverwinter. It's a win-win situation.

BEST advise so far :3 !

Cheers! - Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A virtual computer game over a real life girlfriend? Man I'd take the girlfriend. Games; sure they require time but it's something you can re-do if it doesn't work out. A girlfriend though, you mess up - you screwed. Girls don't come with second, third or even fourth chances. They come with one ^-^ And that one chance should be cherished.
    Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Depends on how invested in the relationship. I mean.. Girlfriend? A Dime a dozen. If you still call her your girlfriend, and she isn't firstly your FRIEND, who cares? And if you are choosing NW over spending time with her, then obviously, you don't need her. And her displeasure with the situation is understandable, but anyone who touches my computer dies. Simple as that. I'm married 26 years. My wife computes 3 feet from me and we share stuff. I bring home the bacon, I don't mess with other women, and I don't disrespect her. I get off my chair when something needs done, and she let's me do whatever I want to do with absolutely no grief. If any part of that ever changes, I am absolutely ok with being entirely by myself. Dogs are better than people anyway.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    girlfriend, but none wants me so i have to play neverwinter all the time.
    i`m so sad. i`m addicted to it because no one looks at me ;p
  • Options
    theheroshieldtheheroshield Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Usually a geek's GF plays the Cleric in the same MMO where her BF is the Knight or Warrior or Mage.

Huh. My husband plays the CW and I play the GF. I'm a GF GF. :P

Or a Wife GF. That's less cool, actually. :/ And yes, he's all man, I can atest to that.

Anyways, for the joking side you always get a wife in say, Skyrim. But nothing in any game will replace a real girlfriend. It can't hug you, kiss you or, ahem, anything else. And once the server's gone, so's the game. A girlfriend can stick around forever. Ignoring your galpal so you can run CN for the thousandth time just shows you've no idea about priorities and you shouldn't have her. So feel free to enjoy singledom. :P

That said a girl who cannot at least tolerate some of your time devoted to gaming isn't worth any of your time at all. She needs to know you have every right to enjoy your hobbies just as she can enjoy Glee, Gilmore Girls and every other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing girls tend to get into nowadays. It's all about compromise and respect; so long as you still give her some of your time what you do on your off time ain't none of her business (within reason).

That said, the suggestion of getting a gamer girlfriend (especially one that gets into Neverwinter) is ideal. No one has to feel neglected or guilty and everyone has a good game of it. Unless you end up on opposites teams in PvP. Bad, bad idea.

Incidently, I'm told I'm a knock-out so whatever images of bags o' meat you had, simply because I game, don't fly. Deal with it, folks.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unless you end up on opposites teams in PvP. Bad, bad idea.

"Honey, if you kill me, you don't get any for a week." Been there, done that.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Honey, if you kill me, you don't get any for a week." Been there, done that.

can live with that, not getting any for years.
    just because i choose to, i`m not realy easy :(
    and not meeting anyone anywhere, and if someone talks to me in real life i`m so ..distant,
    think i rather have a gf who doesn`t play that much, or totaly not i don`t mind, can do other things together.. like..
    no, this time in the dots there`s no adult thing ;p unless watching tv is.
    or walking outside ;p
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't see why you can't have both the GF and NW.

Being in a relationship doesn't mean taking up 100% of each other's time. Each person still needs personal time. Otherwise you'll smother each other.

It also helps if you both have you're own computer. I've been married to a gamer for years. If we didn't have our own computers there would be problems. :)
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    sibencankasibencanka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    helllooooo i am new here... :)
  • Options
    icusheyicushey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Usually a geek's GF plays the Cleric in the same MMO where her BF is the Knight or Warrior or Mage.

So you can live together forever
  • Options
    drecq87drecq87 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd say girlfriend...but my wife would not be very happy with said response...therefore...Neverwinter it is :)
  • Options
    moanah980moanah980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    both of course
  • Options
    tricksterknighttricksterknight Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2014
    kind of an old topic, but here goes my take on that matter.

you both handled that situation wayyy wrong,

She started off wrong by being absolutely rude and not respecting you in the middle of something.

And you by telling her to move out over the pc.

BUT and heres the but, obviously yall had issues that led up to that,,, probably her jealousy over not paying attention to her or some bs like that. in which case you guys shouldve established a balance. and if she or you cant respect that balance, then its not worth it for either of you. wasting eachothers time and need to grow up some.

My girl got me into neverwinter, she was playing this before i ever knew about it but shes a gamer chick so it works out well.