What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gift of the Gods - Loot Feedback

Comments

• Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ALSO, what ever happened to the reward for the Gift of the Gods affected the older Tymora boxes. I purchsed 10 on the Auction as a gift for someone. all rewarded the same lvl 60 potions even when the reward said epic, rare, or uncommon. This was not the case before.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mmaiammaia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Absolutely agree, the way this event is made has completely thrown me out of even doing the challenges. I just ignore them. Very disappointed with the outcome, not expecting purple gear or companions to drop off the sky, but this seems completely a waste of my time. I'd rather do dungeons and get the same enchants while opening the kits, by the way for 300 AD I buy 99 skill kits on the AH.

Try to introduce something a bit more exciting to the event, and I think then it will be a REAL event.
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    I second this, 100% .... sorry Cryptic, this was a FAIL. I would have probably planned something bigger with the certain HUGE beta going on right now.
  • Options
    mmaiammaia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is just plain ridiculous. Not even gonna say anything else.
    ALSO, what ever happened to the reward for the Gift of the Gods affected the older Tymora boxes. I purchsed 10 on the Auction as a gift for someone. all rewarded the same lvl 60 potions even when the reward said epic, rare, or uncommon. This was not the case before.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lol I did one where you had to use 10 heal potions.

the reward was... 3 heal potions.

whooops???
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In the zone chat somebody said 3000 Gifts returned 11 Mantles.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    It resets the 1 hour invocation cooldown. Why would you need to use that out of game?
    Oh, I thought it extended the life of Celestial Coins. Thanks for clarifying that.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Absolutely Right! Your Purple epic gift is usually Green. The worst challenge is Moradin's where you have to clear 3 slots and gather lowest level mats for 10 min. A better challenge would be - here's a Purple Dragon's Egg, craft something rare and I'll make it tier 3 epic. (BOP)
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I read up on the loot we get from CotG, and honestly, I haven't even bothered logging in to the game yet in a few days. Not sure if I even will, and if so, it certainly won't be for this crappy event. I was really looking forward to it, but then I read what it was all about... geez... no thanks, as usual. Great game, horribly dull events.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Umm. Am I the only one who actually likes the event so far? The challenges aren't too difficult or too time-consuming (which is GREAT because I get afked a lot) and they're amusing to do. Knowing my luck and the fact that my playtime is limited right now (couldn't even play the first day of the event), I'm probably not going to manage to get a mantle for my DC even though she wants one really badly, but I'm still having fun while it lasts.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    IMO, the rewards don't all need to be "epic", but they should be unique to the event. The special potions, dye kits, and injury kits are cool, because you can't get them elsewhere...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've had a lot of fun with the mini-quests, & I got the mantle & a dye pack on the first day in far less than 100 gift boxes -- more like 20-25 or so total to get both items.

Having said this, I agree with those who are mostly let down. I would have preferred something actually challenging, something worthy of the GODS themselves, not "kill 10 mobs in 3 minutes without using Daily powers."
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Having said this, I agree with those who are mostly let down. I would have preferred something actually challenging, something worthy of the GODS themselves, not "kill 10 mobs in 3 minutes without using Daily powers."

I dunno, I've kinda been taking the relative easiness of the quests as a sign of the gods' sense of humor. I mean seriously, they've seen us all kill a dracolich over 9,000 times -- that kind of thing gets boring to watch real fast. But watching a high-and-mighty GF who's saved every citizen of Neverwinter a billion times strip off all their armor and run around like a maniac with a bunch of zombies trailing him/her, just for the promise of a chance at getting a fancy cape to show off what crazy things they were willing to do for their deity? Now that's entertainment!
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    snotty wrote: »
    And btw, who is telling the devs that refining points are whats stopping player from upgrading enchants? Not me. No for me its those **** blue reagents or that **** purple potency that seem to never drop.
    Actually the blue's are going for pretty cheap right now on AH, way more cheap than trying your luck to farm it. and many purple potency is on 100k wondrous bazaar, it doesn't drop. But I do agree that the rewards on these are pretty lame! Honestly, I really think an event will make me want to play NW for 1-2 extra hours, but after 2 gift boxes i gave up because, its ridiculous. And also here's your epic gift was a JOKE. Hopefully some way they have a way to fix those.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    As far as the invocation goes, you can get an Invocation Gift when you open Gift of the Gods. Each character can only receive one of these per day. When you open the Invocation Gift, you are awarded 1 Ardent Coin and another item (forgetting the name right now) that when used resets the 1 hour cooldown on invoking.

I think this fact is causing confusion in this thread. The Invocation Gift gives you 1 Ardent Coin at the time of opening and 1 Rite of Invocation that is a separate item which you can use later. The Rite of Invocation does not reset your daily invocation timer -- it resets your hourly cooldown on invocation. I can't say whether this is intended behavior or not, but this is how I interpreted the gift's behavior after reading the text and this seems to be how it behaves in-game.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    I dunno, I've kinda been taking the relative easiness of the quests as a sign of the gods' sense of humor. I mean seriously, they've seen us all kill a dracolich over 9,000 times -- that kind of thing gets boring to watch real fast. But watching a high-and-mighty GF who's saved every citizen of Neverwinter a billion times strip off all their armor and run around like a maniac with a bunch of zombies trailing him/her, just for the promise of a chance at getting a fancy cape to show off what crazy things they were willing to do for their deity? Now that's entertainment!

This 100% There is nothing more dangerous than a bored God. Nothing.
  • Options
    haguun34haguun34 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I personally like the event, it adds some more flavor to the daily quests that we have, especially when you have more than one level 60 character. When I get a message that says congratulations your gift of the gods package contained an item of epic quality and there is nothing but either potions or rank four enchants, it is disappointing. The idea of epic means something purple, now that said I think that this event is good but could do with a bit more extra, like say maybe an epic item that serves a transmogrification purpose. Something at least that makes us feel like the reward is epic and not just a green item.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2014
    sominator wrote: »
    Sorry about this issue! We're working on a fix for future events.

Thanks!
    Same issue here. So, basically, this event is useless then?
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the idea of this event but the rewards are quite dissapointing. I thought I'd be able to grind some ardent coins but it seems like I was wrong.
    Won't grind up CoTG as I did during Tymora's event for sure. Perhaps a couple of hours for those dyes but not more than that for sure :P
  • Options
    vallis9729vallis9729 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think the loot is bugged.

Does anyone else notice that many drops announce in big purple letters that you got an epic reward, and when this happens the loot is all white? This was happening to me on a regular basis last night.

I think the idea is pretty good, but don't believe the loot is working as it should.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vallis9729 wrote: »
    I think the loot is bugged.

Does anyone else notice that many drops announce in big purple letters that you got an epic reward, and when this happens the loot is all white? This was happening to me on a regular basis last night.

I think the idea is pretty good, but don't believe the loot is working as it should.

I dont think its bugged in the sense that you/we are all missing out on loads of epic items, its just worded wrong is all.
    The fact its stated as 'Epic' and then highlighted in purple is driving some to people to froth at the mouth at the indignation of it.. how dare they! Is this a joke!! Harumph etc etc

As for the inv issue that some people are having, as explained before when you first open that little inv gift it auto gives you the 1 extra ardent for that day + the little inv reset item. Probably a few people havent seen that & are swearing blind they havent got the 'free' ardent when invoking..

I personally like the Challenge Of The Gods and just think some people are getting too hung up on the 'Event' word, its a fun little extra while your going about your business with some goodies thrown in and theres nothing wrong that.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    and many purple potency is on 100k wondrous bazaar, it doesn't drop.
    Wrong. Purple marks of Potency drop off dungeon bosses. Got two last DD. A pretty regular drop too.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Potions and enchants, over and over.

The reward box might as well have just been some silver.
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So what about this event? Just worthless then? It says you have received an epic quality reward and the only thing in the box is a level 4 enchant. how is that epic?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It seems to be using the wrong type of window for each reward, such that it uses purple epic windows to display green-level rewards (i.e. enchants). At least, I'd much rather assume that's the case than assume that I really was supposed to get that spiffy cloak all the times I've seen a purple window. D:

Personally I like that it's generous on the enchants because I've been able to start outfitting my new companions from the last couple of events, but I do so want that cloak for my DC....
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dont think its bugged in the sense that you/we are all missing out on loads of epic items, its just worded wrong is all.
    The fact its stated as 'Epic' and then highlighted in purple is driving some to people to froth at the mouth at the indignation of it.. how dare they! Is this a joke!! Harumph etc etc

Yeah I think this is the main problem , if I remember correctly the Tymoras gift and Waukeen events had different windows for different drops , a plain one for basic drops and a fancy one for the epic drops , this event only has the one fancy looking window with the 'you won an epic reward' message or whatever it says.

as for the event I actually like the event mechanics ( as long as some plank doesn't wander in and heal you or 'help' you kill stuff) the rewards are just lackluster and simply not worth farming , Tymoras gift and coins events made me happy to stay online for hours more than I usually would , this event I do dailys and pray on my alts and then log off lol .
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    as for the event I actually like the event mechanics ( as long as some plank doesn't wander in and heal you or 'help' you kill stuff)

Yeah it's hard to turn off the healz-on-wheelz instinct when you're a DC and you see someone at 10% HP surrounded by a very large mob. D: I learned real quick to find deserted areas in the interior of a zone to minimize the chances of getting in someone's way.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I don't have an issue with the rewards as they are. I wasn't expecting any mounts or companions from this anyway. The wording of the reward boxes could have been done better. The only thing that really annoys me is the low drop rate for the cloak. I would really like to be able to get one of those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This reward boxes could even be a regular mechanic, not a 3 day event. I mean potions are worthless, enchants and runes are really common drops, you rarely get an ardent and the deity-themed cape is a bop blue item. The only nice thing is the change of monotone in grinding, wich is why as a regular mechanic could be nice.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pprandom wrote: »
    This reward boxes could even be a regular mechanic, not a 3 day event. I mean potions are worthless, enchants and runes are really common drops, you rarely get an ardent and the deity-themed cape is a bop blue item. The only nice thing is the change of monotone in grinding, wich is why as a regular mechanic could be nice.

I wouldnt be surprised if its a test for something like that, after all the players complained about missing certain level skirmish's so they took that on board & created us CTA.

There has also always been a constant request of making deities more involved be it with invoking or otherwise and here we go again, theyve listened and implemented something.

I dont think we realise that they actually are taking a lot of what we say on board & in a constant rush to appease everyone things arent always going to go to plan but hell give them a break. Sure rank 4's are not to everyones tastes but as an added extra thrown in while doing your daily stuff its actually quite entertaining & a bit rude for people to scoff at being given something extra for free..
  • Options
    keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This just happened to me as well. I completed the Sune Challenge and when I opened the box, it said I had gotten an epic reward. All I got was a potion of major healing and a potion of major rejuvenation. I would not call that epic. I did submit a ticket.