test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot refine Brutal Enchantments

midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I was able to beat the CTA despite the lag and attempted to refine the new enchantment only to find that you cannot do so. The "Refine" option is greyed out making it impossible to level up the enchants. I'm not sure how that got past quality testing...
Post edited by midnightfang93 on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is the enchantment you are trying to use it on ready to upgrade? I just tried one out on a bunch of different weapon , armor and regular enchantments and the only ones that remained grayed out were the ones that are ready to upgrade.
  • kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    He is referring to refining the enchantment, not putting it into a weapon/armor.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're just lagging out before the refine can finish ;)
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Is the enchantment you are trying to use it on ready to upgrade? I just tried one out on a bunch of different weapon , armor and regular enchantments and the only ones that remained grayed out were the ones that are ready to upgrade.
    You're just lagging out before the refine can finish ;)

You were saying?
    6vr6i.jpg
    edited January 2014
    No, they all have "refine" greyed out and tell you they are at their highest level. Finish? you would need to be able to start first.
  • hoganhellsbladehoganhellsblade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was able to beat the CTA despite the lag and attempted to refine the new enchantment only to find that you cannot do so. The "Refine" option is greyed out making it impossible to level up the enchants. I'm not sure how that got past quality testing...

You can refine without inserting them into armor by double clicking them. This works even if the "Refine" option in the drop-down is greyed out.
    edited January 2014
    You were saying?
    6vr6i.jpg

Wow rank 3 is it's max? I tested it on rank 2 to 3 and it was working lmfao , another useful addition to the game >_<
    edited January 2014
    Wow rank 3 is it's max? I tested it on rank 2 to 3 and it was working lmfao , another useful addition to the game >_<

It says the same thing for Rank 1 for me. I can't do anything to them.

Edit: Opening the refining window with another enchant and the dragging the enchant over works; right clicking does not. Its still bugged partially.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You were saying?
    6vr6i.jpg
    Joke.

You.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
    edited January 2014
    Turns out double-clicking on them will work for refining, even when they are greyed out.
    edited January 2014
    It says the same thing for Rank 1 for me. I can't do anything to them.

That's weird , I just tried with a rank 2 to 3 then 3 to 4 and onward's and it worked , sounds messed up to me look -

brutal_zps8ab6356d.jpg

brutalsucess_zps27f2e3d8.jpg

brutal34_zps99860aae.jpg

brutal45_zps0ebd15d3.jpg
    edited January 2014
    -snip-

It does work with anything except right clicking, which is kind of stupid.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tangent, but... is the graphic identical to cruel enchantments? Looks like it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .Okay folks, please calm down. The right click refine option is clearly bugged. Please double-click them as the work-around method for now. Thanks!
  • ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am only able to refine rank 2 Brutal Enchantments. I cannot refine any other level. It is greyed out as everyone else has said. Even the Rank 3 that was created from the leveling of a Rank 2.
  • duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    double tap the enchant works too. brings up the window to refine it. this is a minor problem compared to the disaster that was the CTA.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had no trouble combining 1s and 2s into a 3 to maske a 4. You didn't by accident click on a 1 or 2 and try to add the same enchant to the refine slot it will stay grey and put a RED x where you tried to add the same enchant.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, Right. My first time through with my DC we finished, but it was hard. Second time through with my GF was easier , and I didn't die once. All three of my chars had no problem enchanting.
    double tap the enchant works too. brings up the window to refine it. this is a minor problem compared to the disaster that was the CTA.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, Right. My first time through with my DC we finished, but it was hard. Second time through with my GF was easier , and I didn't die once. All three of my chars had no problem enchanting.
    It does work with anything except right clicking, which is kind of stupid.

Yes, I found that out afterward and just didn't bother editing the OP. I've always only used right clicking to refine (not sure why, but its simply become a habit) so when I went to do so, it didn't work. Now, since I've only used right clicking before, I didn't think to use the other methods to refine it because I've never even thought to do so before, ever, not even once, so I forgot that they even existed. I tried it afterwards and it does work, but my initial reaction was "It doesn't work" simply because my habitual method is broken, thus the thread.
  • losttraverserlosttraverser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noticing that the enchantments from the event cant be refined at all is this a bug and the chest don't seem to be dropping anything but enchantments and medallions now. would like to know if this is how the stuff is to be or if something is still wrong.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    You can refine the Brutal Enchants, you just have to double-click them instead of whatever you're doing to open the refinement window.
  • kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited January 2014
    hey everyone any idea why i cant refine any of my brutal enchantments?

i have
    19 rank 1
    6 rank 2
    1 rank 3
    1 rank 5

but cant refine any of them
    edited January 2014
    You can't refine them using the dropdown menu or tooltip , double click the enchantment and you will be able to refine it as usual.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Just stopping in to confirm this is a known bug and the devs are working on a fix. Thanks!
  • drakossidrakossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can't refine them using the dropdown menu or tooltip , double click the enchantment and you will be able to refine it as usual.

but why would you even bother, they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • kragar00kragar00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Over the last event I collected over 500 Brutal enchantments of various levels and none of them, on my one character, can be refined. I am not sure why as I have tried refining on another character and it can be done thought it may have been a leftover from another event. I get the same error and can not refine a lvl 1 even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " A hero is no braver than anyone else....they are just braver five minutes longer"
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not even if you double-click the enchantment?

Have you mailed them to another character to see if you can refine them there?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia