test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CtA: Storming the Keep temporarily disabled (server maintenance ; Complete!)

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all!

We've had to bring the Call to Arms event down temporarily to fix the lag issues. We'll keep you updated in this thread on our progress.

The event will likely be extended to make up for this downtime.

Thanks for your understanding! :)

Update 1: We're still working on fixing the CTA lag issues, and hope to have the event back up soon. Thanks for your patience!
Update 2: We'll be bringing the shards down at 7:30PM PST for a quick maintenance to fix the CTA issues. Thank you!
Update 3: Maintenance has begun, hopefully this won't take too long. We'll let everyone know when the servers are back up. Thanks!
Update 4: Maintenance has completed. Servers are now back up. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Update 5: The CTA event issues seemed to have been resolved. Because we had to take the event down earlier today, we will be extending the event to Tuesday 1/28 10 AM PST. Again the event will be extended until 24 hours. We will continue to monitor the event and this thread, so please alert us if there are any further issues with the event. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's a relief.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for letting us know som :)
  • kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you!
    For sorting it (fingers crossed) and extending it.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool Dear Sominator , can you please tell us if the Artifacts can drop from the CTA events like they do from regular skirmishes please? I'm going to spam the event in any case but the possibility of knowing an artifact can drop would be nice :D
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    how long it will take ? will this fix an issue with Brutal Enchants ( they are not upgrade able )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    how long it will take ? will this fix an issue with Brutal Enchants ( they are not upgrade able )
    If you double click on them it works for me atleast it does
  • blueknightblueknight Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Due to the problems - Will the CTA event be extended to when so that no time is lost?

Be best if this was done so that as soon as it back up, we have the same amount of time......
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gman118 wrote: »
    [how long it will take ? will this fix an issue with Brutal Enchants ( they are not upgrade able )]
    If you double click on them it works for me atleast it does

but when u right click at them the Refine button is grey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited January 2014
    blueknight wrote: »
    Due to the problems - Will the CTA event be extended to when so that no time is lost?

Be best if this was done so that as soon as it back up, we have the same amount of time......
    The original post says "The event will likely be extended to make up for this downtime."
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all!

We've had to bring the Call to Arms event down temporarily to fix the lag issues. We'll keep you updated in this thread on our progress.

The event will likely be extended to make up for this downtime.

Thanks for your understanding! :)

also, when you right click the Brutal Enchantment, the refine option does not come up. You have to double click the enchantment to bring up the refine window.

and also, the Dread Knight Companion is not on the Zen Store.
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just double left click i'm aware that the option is grayed i've already made a couple rank 5's
  • eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    lawl i was just gonna log in for CTA Storming the servers event . :c
  • dracorn2dracorn2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hahahaha looking forward to running this
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Multiple previous events that had time limits and problems that caused downtime were met with "we will extend it", followed later by "we checked into it and we can't extend it." Winter festival for instance.

Maybe they fixed that.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Multiple previous events that had time limits and problems that caused downtime were met with "we will extend it", followed later by "we checked into it and we can't extend it." Winter festival for instance.

Maybe they fixed that.

Not to mention that multiple CtA events launched with horrific lag. The persistent seismic shot bug made Winter Festival Monsters on Ice thoroughly unenjoyable.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They extended the first CTA due to issues with the queue. I'm sure they'll do the same here.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited January 2014
    Winterfest was different. You didn't queue for winterfest so it was a different system.
  • phobiaxxxphobiaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How long till its back on ?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Love how people always focus on the negative and never point out the positive , talk about entitled , last CTA that had major issues - extended -

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?439961-Known-Issue-Call-to-Arms-queues-Event-EXTENDED!&highlight=event+extended
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all!

We've had to bring the Call to Arms event down temporarily to fix the lag issues.

Well that is unfortunate. I was enjoying stacking 5 or more Tabbed RoE's on the bosses and watching them plummet in health . (yes I know it was probably just because of the lag and did not actually stack, but it was still fun ;-)
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    . . .Folks, let's remain positive. There's no need for negativity. This thread has been cleansed of disrespectful chatter and off-topic remarks. If you have something to say, please say it in a respectful manner, there's no need for rude back-talk. Also, if you have an unrelated question or comment, please make a new thread or find a relevant one to post it in. Thanks!

. . .Please do not reply to the moderator notice, as doing such is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!
  • randwulf114randwulf114 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    but when u right click at them the Refine button is grey

I noticed the same thing. Right clicking and the refine was grey, but when I double clicked it I was able to refine them.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . The issue with the Brutal Enchantments not being able to be refined through the context menu is being looked into. For now, a work-around is to double-left click the enchants to open the refinement window. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Thanks for the reports!
  • randwulf114randwulf114 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can say one this about the lag issue. It sure made the skirmish more challenging when you took three steps forward and then fell two steps back and with none of your at wills, dailies, etc seeming to fire in the order you pressed the buttons. lol, it was kind of like the last time I had 4 or 5 drinks too many... ;)
  • darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2014
    Is there an ETA for when this will be fixed?
    edited January 2014
    darminion wrote: »
    Is there an ETA for when this will be fixed?
    Not as of yet. We'll keep you all posted here in this thread!
  • spearwolfedspearwolfed Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good your working on it hope to be able to do the CTA again soon.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, the lag was making it more challenging to be certain. It took me forever to get my cleric to not be in divine mode, as I would hit tab, but it would not want to come out of it. But I was able to run the event 5 times so far, so that is a positive.
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It sure made the skirmish more challenging when you took three steps forward and then fell two steps back

Paula told me it was cuz opposites attract.

;)
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • anzrielanzriel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah casting Shard seven times before the blasted thing popped up was good for a laugh if nothing else.
This discussion has been closed.