test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The CTA lag thread

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Loads queued, nobody getting into the event...
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
Post edited by xcessiveforce40 on

Comments

• xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LAG is unreal in this mess
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • steviefischersteviefischer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It took quite a while to get into a party, and the lag during the entire skirmish makes it completely unplayable. :(
    5peb.png
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With this patch, I have terrible lag and rubberbanding all over PE and CTA - and I never lagged this much in PE, not to mention rubberbanding...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I don't know how my team got through that with all that lag.
  • toxicknight799toxicknight799 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    its server wide they need to fix it fast ,, i cant play like that. i was trying to heal in CTA and its like playing 123 redlight with the server ping right now.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The lag in there is brutal , in it's current state the event is unplayable.
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone tried to refine the Brutal Enchantments? They all say they are at max rank when I try to.
  • twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited January 2014
    Queue times around ten minutes, but the amount of rubberbanding inside
    is unparallelled. Previos event launch debacles such as the Nights of Liira pale in comparison.
    Don't bother trying it out until it's fixed.
  • justin2384justin2384 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lag is bad hope its fixed soon....
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I cannot say I'm surprised by this.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have been looking forward to this. Too bad it's unplayable. Have never had lag this bad! Please fix
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • toxicknight799toxicknight799 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this is obvious issue and im sure they will first restart the server, probably release a small optimization patch and itll be fixed, right now though ,, forget playing ,,, unless you like stop and go rubberband and go again every second
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Lag/Rubberbanding is horrid. I did it once, and will not do it again until it gets better... Ugh.
    va8Ru.gif
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Totally an unenjoyable, unplayable event. Lag and rubberbanding, having to hit keys several times for it to even register for moves or healing. Please fix this, I'd really like to play
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You all mean that this is worst than all that lag with "Monsters on ice"??? They managed to fix that after a little while, so hoping this can be fixed as well.
  • wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    Incredible! Worst case of the rubber banding I've seen in an online game! HAHA! Surprised it was released this way.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was looking for it but the event is currently unplayable. Oh well, won't queue for it until it gets fixed.
  • hoganhellsbladehoganhellsblade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    YIKES! :eek:
    edited January 2014
    radiick507 wrote: »
    You all mean that this is worst than all that lag with "Monsters on ice"??? They managed to fix that after a little while, so hoping this can be fixed as well.

The lag in this CTA is far worse than the MoI , this is quite literal 'unable to play at all lag' , the MoI lag was 'turns the game into a slideshow but still can kill stuff lag' , at least for me xD
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    CTA was unplayable. Nightmare lag.
  • wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    Alt + F4 fixed the issue for me!
  • ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Very bad lag and rubber banding in CTA. You take 2 steps forward and 1 step back and no, I do not mean the song. It really is horrible. You need to get this figured out fast. With the Winter festival, there was horrible lag and now with this, it is even worse and this is not new module!
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another event they tested for 10 seconds and then shipped it out. If not, please explain why the Brutal Enchantments cant be leveled up?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• forumstaklerforumstakler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    WTB fiXX plz
    edited January 2014
    ejziponken wrote: »
    Another event they tested for 10 seconds and then shipped it out. If not, please explain why the Brutal Enchantments cant be leveled up?

What level are you trying to level up? I just checked with a low level one and there are no problems .

Edit - Actually level 3 appears to be the highest level you can get it to so not tested by the looks of it.

Edit 2 - Nvm yes they can be , somebody else in another thread didn't test so I did and they work fine....
  • darkeridodarkerido Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is impossible to play CTA event. When you find any party the lag inside of CTA is unbelievable.

3 Question

When Crypt will fix it?
    It Will give us more time of event?
    What about server inspection? when?
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ditto..

Get your support team to
    a. log into whatever virt software you use like vsphere or whatever
    b. commit more dedicated mem/add cpu/etc..
    c. make sure storage (nas) isn't negatively impacting the performance

Please
  • darkeridodarkerido Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok ok..

My pc is and i7, 16Gb mem DDR3, geforce GTX 560Ti, HD 2 Tb...

This lag happens only in CTA.. any other DG is normal... So i think the problem is not my pc..
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    darkerido wrote: »
    Ok ok..

My pc is and i7, 16Gb mem DDR3, geforce GTX 560Ti, HD 2 Tb...

This lag happens only in CTA.. any other DG is normal... So i think the problem is not my pc..

I am pretty sure xcessiveforce40 was also saying that he thought the issue was server-side....
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    It's CTA only, not your PC.

Did manage to suffer through with a group and complete the run. It was... interesting. I'll give it that much.
This discussion has been closed.