test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadowmantle PvP Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140114b.2

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • General
    • A small handful of powers that prone targets had their durations increased more than intended. Most commonly seen affected powers were Avalanche of Steel, Frontline Surge, and Ice knife.
    • Resolved an issue where prone was not being properly resisted by immunity and resist effects.
    • Healing Depression now correctly affects Temp HP as much as it should.
    • Regeneration is now properly affected by Healing Depression.
    • The floating health potions now play and pickup fx and go away more reliably when you walk over them.
  • Devoted Cleric
    • Feat Linked Spirit: Can now be triggered by the first tick of heal of time effects. Can no longer cast a non divine spell and then activate Channel Divinity to receive the bonus.
    • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Mighty Leap: Tooltip updated to mention that it dodges attacks.
    • The Iron Vanguard path now has a description when choosing paths.
  • Guardian Fighter
    • Feat Crushing Pin: Fixed bug causing this to also debuff the Guardian when triggered. In addition, no longer triggered by Lunging Strike Encounter unless you also have the Powerful Strike feat.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Forest Meditation: Is no longer considered a melee attack.
    • Grasping Roots: Duration can now be properly resisted, in addition will no longer ignore control immunities.
    • Master of Combat: Fixed issue where in some cases this could trigger against yourself.
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Dazing Strike: Minor Typo fix.
    • Vengeances Pursuit: The dagger throw is no longer labeled as an encounter in your hotbar.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice fixes :)

For the fix to Linked Spirit, could you confirm that Enduring Relief, Anointed Holy Symbol and Invigorated Healing are fixed in that regard as well, as they can be proced by activating Divine Mode afterwards as well?

What about Astral Seal (At Will) procing Linked Spirit if you swap to Divine Mode and teammates attack the target whilst you are still in Divine Mode?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Trickster Rogue
    • Vengeances Pursuit: The dagger throw is no longer labeled as an encounter in your hotbar.
    [/List]

I would just log in and check, but the server isn't available yet. This seems wrong. VP has been labelled as an at-will attack in the hotbar since Module 2 went live, in spite taking an encounter slot. I'd think that's what's been corrected, giving it the cooldown it's presumably meant to have.

I really want to check this out....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interesting. Finally logged in, and while VP is now labelled as an encounter, it continues to have no cooldown time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good, a new nerf again to linked spirit. No more cast-tab sunburst and must 100% use it in divine mode (i wonder when i push away all enemies to buff them when melees are fighting, will i be blamed?) Astral Shield finally can activated Linked Spirit but 99% of pvp cleric uses sunburst as BIS encounter.... Now i got to change my feytouched to plaguefire....
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This game already has a low enough cleric population. For a class that's basically required for dungeons, thinning the herd will only make things worse.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Astral Shield and Healing Word are my two go-to heals for parties -- I never use Sunburst except for the knockback when I'm soloing. I am thrilled that AS will now proc Linked Spirit. Thanks for this. :D

Question for anyone who knows: will Linked Spirit proc off divine-mode Forgemaster's Flame as well? If so, I'm a super-happy nebula. If it doesn't, it really should.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    Question for anyone who knows: will Linked Spirit proc off divine-mode Forgemaster's Flame as well? If so, I'm a super-happy nebula. If it doesn't, it really should.

Yes, divine FF has been changed on Live for a couple of patches to do so.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interesting. Finally logged in, and while VP is now labelled as an encounter, it continues to have no cooldown time.

I hope it stays that way. Even without the CD, it's not game-breaking at all. It actually makes the Whisperknife a little usable. Still not as good as MI.
  • gex91gex91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    any news about fey weapons? when you put them back in the store?
    Gexy - Devoted Cleric - Lv60 - GS 12k- Guild : N e v e r W i n t e r O r d e r
  • macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    [*]Devoted Cleric
    • Feat Linked Spirit: Can now be triggered by the first tick of heal of time effects. Can no longer cast a non divine spell and then activate Channel Divinity to receive the bonus.

As a player of a linked DC as my main, I think the only way I would be comfortable with this change is if the knock back was moved from divine Sun Burst to some other ability. Sun Burst is just too important for a linked spirit build in dungeons where people are moving around a lot to avoid aoe.

The only other possibility I see is to change divine power generation rate so other skills can be used in divine mode more often. Currently Divine Fortune is virtually required to be slotted in any dungeon run. Even with that slot always tied up and all the divine power generation talents taken a DC can really only be expected to cast one spell in divine mode constantly, and that is almost always Divine Shield.

This game is hard enough to heal in and even harder to heal _well_.

Really if divine Sun Burst still has a knock back after this patch and nothing else is changed, I think there will be even less people willing to play DCs as main characters.

There are very few viable endgame ways to play a DC. It's almost always mass aoe healing other than specific bosses. I feel the DC class in general needs more play styles to attract players with different healing preferences. I'd like to see a single target healing spec. Such as adding charges to Exaltation with a talent with possibly removing some of the buff portion.

My basic point is, I don't feel the DC population can take a blanket nerf without getting something in return. Doing so will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a TON of DCs off.
    edited January 2014
    My basic point is, I don't feel the DC population can take a blanket nerf without getting something in return. Doing so will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a TON of DCs off.

I disagree... They <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> us off because we are the least playing community (absuutely not TONS) and by nerfing us they can make other 99.99% players happy.

Now:
    "That cleric heal his hp up!!! OMG I just managed to hit him till red hp for 5 minutes!!!"

Future:
    "Nah, i stop attacking and give you 5 minutes to heal, and i will use 1 minute to burst him down you nub DC, quit pvp pls!"
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Astral shield is still labelled as a regen, and not a HoT, so it will NOT trigger Linked Spirit. This sunburst fix makes Linked spirit mostly useless. I don't see myself bumping mobs around me to give melees some extra stats, and bastion of health is kind of silly. No divinity except if we use the lowbie feat, divine fortune, no damage, the CD is still long, and people tend to move a lot.

These patch notes only means that Linked spirit will work as soon as you use divine healing word on someone. W00t... :(

I hope we get a free respec token soon for some reason (or why not a class change token, since clerics slowly lose all of their major shinies). I see more and more groups doing T2s without a cleric these days because of the "speedrun" mentality forced into player with the delve event constraints and the huge pressure F2P players feel (be it legitimate or not) to earn as much ADs as they can. This for sure won't help.

All heil the CWs overlords! Since the dungeons are only filled with super low HP controllable mobs, there's nothing else you need.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    According to my tests on Preview Astral is HoT and procs linked on every tick now, so you have 100% uptime with AS alone.

And considering DC is my main as well, I am really happy with the changes because:
    1. I don't like that people who exploit have an advantage
    2. I don't use Linked Spirit anyway and still do great

I also don't use sunburst in my healing build and never have issues with divine power generation, and I cast 2/3 encounters in divine.

It would really help if people gave feedback objectively rather than cry "omg nerf" "omg i quit" whenever a bug for their class is fixed.

In terms of the patch notes, DC (non abusers) actually got buffed.
    edited January 2014
    I see something... maybe it is not so bad.
    Sunburst>Tab= current linked spirit + rising hope + anointed holy symbol
    Tab>Sunburst>Tab= future playstyle
    We just cost 2 more sec to turn in div mode only.
    edited January 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    According to my tests on Preview Astral is HoT and procs linked on every tick now, so you have 100% uptime with AS alone.

My tests seem to indicated that AS procs linked on first tick only, as the patch notes indicate.

And as for the devs, if you fixing Divine mode healing talents, I'd point out that Enduring Relief still procs off all heals, divine or otherwise.
    edited January 2014
    My tests seem to indicated that AS procs linked on first tick only, as the patch notes indicate.

And as for the devs, if you fixing Divine mode healing talents, I'd point out that Enduring Relief still procs off all heals, divine or otherwise.

No, they are not fixing this cast-tab feature but only control the proc of linked spirit so our sunburst is not too OP. If u want LS, cast SB in div then tab into normal, or else cast normal and tab it to get AHS and Rising Hope. They fixed LS, not directly fix our BIS sunburst. I appreciate this.

If u say bug, BoH even not targeting ourself we still got divine advantage bug. But why so serious? Anyone spamming BoH in this era? Ignore it. Dread healing boons got righteousness but it does not proc divine advantage, so is it our heals or not? We got the negative side effect but no proc of feats when it counted as our own heals. Bugs and nerfs everywhere, DCs are OP.
  • limeye3limeye3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101
    edited January 2014
    So the only good thing about this patch is:

The floating health potions now play and pickup fx and go away more reliably when you walk over them.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thought I'd raise this Bug Report here regarding this most recent patch for PVP. GF's Steel Defense will no longer proc its damage immunity after using a Daily. But before this patch was implemented in the Preview Shard, with the previous PVP patch, Steel Defense was working fine. I sincerely hope this helps pinpoint where the error may be lying.
  • madtracksmadtracks Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tested the new patch as GF in preview server. Really good job on that. Probably wont be as hard to maintain aggro now from hard hitting GWF's. abit more aoe dmg was really needed too, even though TR's lack aoe damage too

I still dont see any difference yet with Knight's Challenge. I expected a toggle skill that wouldn't replace an encounter tab anymore, like swapping the Mark, Tab. But it has not really changed i think? only reduced cd.

One think I hope to see for GF's, that Terrifying Impact is more usable when a CW's is using Singu... It is a slow, but strong skill. I hate when i use my daily for my only true aoe, a CW uses its Singu skill, and I wo'nt do any more dmg at all.... My suggestion is, the first few seconds mobs are still on the ground, TI should still knock and damage them.

haven't tested pvp yet. but surely hope, it won't be as bad as people state.. fingers crossed.
  • guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY happy with the changes for Guardian Fighters, it's not beyond hard to keep aggro right now but it definitely its missing some stuff, this will help a ton. There are 2 things i need to say, suggestion, first the other marks the ones from threatening rush should be like not disappearing right after you get hit but give it like 2 or 3 seconds to disappear so we can hit the mobs once, just once. And second, most players have in their power trays, 2 encounters that they always use and one that its being constantly changed, one for single target and one for aoe..how about adding a 4th encounter in the power tray so we don't have to be constantly changing and have better selection of encounters, its being probably proposed before, but just had to say it. As for pvp, well i dont pvp, i hate pvp, (in any game) well idk what else to say, BUT, that doesn't mean i dont want the pvpers to get some love, so please explain some of your changes to them more clearly so they understand, they deserve the same love as us only-pve players. Oh and thanks for the LS being proc from AS, if its really working, would like to know if its on first tick or on every tick.
    edited January 2014
    Oh and thanks for the LS being proc from AS, if its really working, would like to know if its on first tick or on every tick.

First tick only.
    edited January 2014
    First tick only.

From my testing it works on every tick of AS now on Preview.
  • guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you both
    edited January 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    From my testing it works on every tick of AS now on Preview.

Cast an AS outside of yourself, then walk into it. You don't get any linked spirit.
  • cwforumpostercwforumposter Banned Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Heard a rumor that you guys are considering dropping the armor penetration suppression. As someone who does NOTHING but PvP, I think that it is a good idea. People are too tanky right now. Whenever we do premades, nobody ever dies.

I think it would be a much better balance. Please at least try it :)
  • zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I wonder why nobody ever seems to read this: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php :)
    edited January 2014
    Ok. That does make sense except one thing.

Can a dev please explain to me why we are all being forced to use "PvP" gear? I am a CW and the PvP set bonus is TERRIBLE for PvP. High Vizier is 100000x better. I need to know why because right now I feel like you are too lazy to balance multiple set bonuses. I know that isn't fair, so I would love it if someone could clear that up a bit. Thank you :)
  • saved81saved81 Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2014
    Ok. That does make sense except one thing.

Can a dev please explain to me why we are all being forced to use "PvP" gear? I am a CW and the PvP set bonus is TERRIBLE for PvP. High Vizier is 100000x better. I need to know why because right now I feel like you are too lazy to balance multiple set bonuses. I know that isn't fair, so I would love it if someone could clear that up a bit. Thank you :)
    L2read (the devs posts).
    edited January 2014
    Oh sorry. I thought I was asking the Devs. I guess I was asking you.

L2R my posts :)
This discussion has been closed.