test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF pure PvE dps Iron Vangaurd - Destroyer Guide.

Comments

• Options
    darkdankdarkdank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my stufs

stats1.jpg

stats2.jpg

stats3.jpg
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    a few points to add for discussion on that may help improve builds:

1. potion of heroism and camp fire alows us to start the math from 22% instead of 24% of armor reduction (as every boss has a camp fire close to it)
    2. crit above 3.2 k seems a waste of stats as they go better in recovery anytime: from 3.2k to 4.2k crit your crit goes up by 2%=2%extradmg (this with a PVorpal) while for recovery it gives you at same numbers 3% ap gain 3% recharge speed and 2% dmg due to disciple of war, or maybe power.
    3. from my math battle awareness gives you between 1% and 1.5% increase dmg per point spent also goes better with high recovery and high power.
    4. Does WM beat WMS for a destroyer only cause TR is spamable?:P

Edit: AoW gives 1350 rec also = 337 ar pen that can also be made into power.
    Edit2: Disciple of war doesnt give arpen from recovery received from AoW... so disregard edit 1 (bug or wai dont know)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    deleted...........
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ya the crit is from my avatar sword knot and weapon, my arp is fine i will not lower it past 24% even with fire buff due to arp = negative defense witch stacks up with all our other debuffs and its a pluse in pvp witch i do verry well as destroyer with tank/regin gear ya its not a sent but its tanky with more overall dps then sen witch makes a party based pvp match more use full then a sen in my opp. i would pref more power over any thing if i were to swap it out recovery is nice but with avatar up constantly in pve its not a must because u are always at soft cap for me any ways if not over already the thing i see. keep this post up though every one got an opp and id like to hear it ill test any thing ppl offer and try to put up how it seemed to dps parse

almost_300k.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @dark i would like to see a the parse of yours in a VT run, gives us a more clear picture of what;s going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ahh i do great vt i switch up skills though most deff but ill deff take some ss of vt and put em up here im moving today so tommorow or tonight ill put some picks up
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    if u wana run a vt or something i am Osiris@darkdank as well hit me up any time
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    darkdank wrote: »
    ahh i do great vt i switch up skills though most deff but ill deff take some ss of vt and put em up here im moving today so tommorow or tonight ill put some picks up

i had an ACT scrn in mind, wanted to see the average dmg of your hits and EncDPS from skills. Like this:
    parse_zpsaaf33662.jpg

Unfortunatly it doesnt rly record well from others as nwo combat log only picks data in a certain area but numbers can be compared. I would love to do a vt run and see how my gwf fairs vs a full dps GWF as i am a more tanky build and i am an instigator.
  • Options
    thefirsthipsterthefirsthipster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ha, I love this! I totally did a build very similar to this soon as Mod 2 came out. Been loving it. Mine is a bit more jack-of-all-trades as opposed to straight DPS for more survivability and a bit of PvP viability (just for those dailies.) It's really fun to top meters in VT and have people say things like, "Wow. Didn't know GWF could be so beast." Glad to see others out there promoting the IV Destroyer!
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    darkdank wrote: »
    TY FOR HELPING ME MAKE THIS BUILD LEEROY
    << image removed >>

Glad to see others out there promoting the IV Destroyer!
    It took PandaPaul and I a few days/week(s) to convince Osiris to go IV, but since then he hasn't looked back... :)

Fun to PvP with as people assume he is a Sent, and then he crits them to death in one rotation. So much rage! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi shadowbox

I really liked your guide, can I add it to mmominds.com??
  • Options
    shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi shadowbox

I really liked your guide, can I add it to mmominds.com??

Sure thing.

Just give credit, and link to the original.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    nwnchestynwnchesty Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Curious how your build stacks up against this one. Sadly I can not afford a full respec/gear change to test yours. If you are at all familiar with the build I am using let me now how it compares to yours.

http://mmominds.com/2013/08/23/meeggtoast-destroyer-dps-guide/
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Curious how your build stacks up against this one. Sadly I can not afford a full respec/gear change to test yours. If you are at all familiar with the build I am using let me now how it compares to yours.

http://mmominds.com/2013/08/23/meegg...yer-dps-guide/

Will trump that build any day of the week for pure damage.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Fair enough, I am guessing the survivability takes a hit and it requires a significant regear? Since I am using nearly all the gear from that build. Minus aving slotted almost all power in every slot now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Updated the guide with more readability and proof reading, should be more clear and concise now.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    zelstrom74zelstrom74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm guilded with shadowbox, I run a straight destroyer spec GWF. The first time I grouped with him I thought the DPS score board was broken, I'd never been out DPSed so badly.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zelstrom74 wrote: »
    I'm guilded with shadowbox, I run a straight destroyer spec GWF. The first time I grouped with him I thought the DPS score board was broken, I'd never been out DPSed so badly.
    He is awesome.... But guild quotes mean jack <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    krasaffka1980krasaffka1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Could you please post a picture of your Sharandar / Dread Ring boons? Just so we can check if we was doing it right =)

Also, a question about enchants - all Radiants in offense slots? Then what about Defense / utility slots?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    thevillmeisterthevillmeister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    just wondering..do you always get groups instantly with that build? 'cause i fear maybe they would not let me into t1/t2. thats my kind of build though. TR for chasing "runners" in pvp. kill them with deep gash while they run like hell + you get tons of damage.
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi shadowbox,

I already added your post, check it at mmominds.com

Ty once more for let me publish it
  • Options
    pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    if you up for another race vs gelflin let me know I wana try my sent build vs your destroyer again
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Could you please post a picture of your Sharandar / Dread Ring boons? Just so we can check if we was doing it right =)

Also, a question about enchants - all Radiants in offense slots? Then what about Defense / utility slots?

Thanks in advance.

Always make sure your primary stats are capped first, then you can go all radiant from there.
    just wondering..do you always get groups instantly with that build? 'cause i fear maybe they would not let me into t1/t2. thats my kind of build though. TR for chasing "runners" in pvp. kill them with deep gash while they run like hell + you get tons of damage.

Not exactly sure what you are asking but this build is NOT for PvP, but yes i generally get groups fairly easily.
    if you up for another race vs gelflin let me know I wana try my sent build vs your destroyer again

Yeah maybe at some point :) i just hate doing MC.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    roufdimi1roufdimi1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Possible to give us a picture of your Boons too ?
    Thanks a lot for the guide really good job !
  • Options
    vill0228vill0228 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i wonder if this build is better than SM Destro...? been comparing cupcakes' and yours. :)
  • Options
    omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nice build for sure, here's some constructive feedback

come and get it vs frontline surge - in clears i really prefer the former for 2 resons:

1) the knockback. Really, i think in pve this is the worst possible effect in 99% of the cases. Sure, the damage is great, but if it makes a party member miss an encounter it's value goes down fast. Also, spreading mobs is bad for aoe. I only slot FL surge for boss dps for that reason (IBS, restoring and FL surge is my current boss dps setup).

2) i find come and get it to be a HUGE asset for clears because it gathers up all the mobs for an immediate IBS(which seems to hit multiple targets only if they are very tightly packed) as well as buffing the damage on IBS. Further more everyone else gets to wreck their aoe on the mobs as well. As a result, you can always use it instead of waiting for an opportunity for FL surge to make sure it won't disrupt anyone.

Here's what I'm thinking about the feats though. I'm currently running with unstoppable action as well, but i'm considering dropping it for toughness since it seems to me the actual % of daily damage (of overall damage done) is actually very low. Less so in boss fight's i imagine, but i haven't given it a proper look with ACT yet to see how much dailies factor in there. Granted survive is not an issue at all in pve thanks to unstoppable and in MC the slam has to be up, but in pvp that extra hp would come in handy. Would appreciate the results if anyone has made a good ACT log with this build on a boss-only fight, to see how much intominable str actually factors into total damage.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Loving this build! I swapped my def down to 2k (36.5% DR) deflection 1k (12.5%) then stacked 10.2% Life Steal. This is all the def you need. AGAIN "This is all the Def this build needs". I prefer the life steal over the paltry 2.5% extra DR I could get running Def Enchants. If I need more healing, Which is rare with 35% crit chance base (not counting boons, para etc) I just slot Restoring strike in place of front line and literally heal 20k+ Life in a single swing. I can run VT with ease even without a cleric and still pull 20Mil DPS. Recovery at 2500 is fine for this build considering I ALWAYS have my AOW proc which bumps to 4k. As you can see with my CON bonus I am at 23.3% AP which is fine. ( I would switch to Orc in a second if I could, wish I knew when I started).

I rarely even need cleric heals between Unstoppable and my 10% life steal if I do I slot Restoring Strike in place of Frontline and a single hit is a 20k heal everytime.

Overall I am loving this build. I am trying to find ways to squeeze more power into this and even with all rank 10 I will only hit 8k.
    34o6h3r.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/34o6h3r.jpg

I would recommend this build to any experienced GWF as others said "Not **** friendly".
    Has anyone tested spinning strike vs Slam? When I used both especially in large groups with a sing I could easily pull 1/2 mil on spinning strike and no where near that using slam. Granted I use slam when needed aka MC etc I generally slot only Spinning and IS.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited January 2014
    nwnchesty wrote: »
    Overall I am loving this build. I am trying to find ways to squeeze more power into this and even with all rank 10 I will only hit 8k.

Blue jewelry (see original post). But, as always, you're going to lose out somewhere else.
  • Options
    hersheysbonerhersheysboner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ive been looking around for destroyer builds for a gwf im starting, how does this compare to others? also what boons you chose?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Edit: post used to contain boons but i put them into the guide so this post is irrelevant.
    Stats.png