test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF pure PvE dps Iron Vangaurd - Destroyer Guide.

13»

Comments

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Come and get it counters knockback of fls, + it procs AoV /target hit and helps party. with 5 target cap fls will be a must, as well as IBS, so for aoe its nsf vs cagi, imho at higher gear lvls getting mobs lined up for your aoe is better than mediocre dmg aoe, for inst imho nsf might be better, but not by much
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Come and get it counters knockback of fls, + it procs AoV /target hit and helps party. with 5 target cap fls will be a must, as well as IBS, so for aoe its nsf vs cagi, imho at higher gear lvls getting mobs lined up for your aoe is better than mediocre dmg aoe, for inst imho nsf might be better, but not by much

You are correct, the only reason i run NSF over it atm is the speed, but CaGI is very viable and should be seriously considered by anyone running the build.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i think it depends on cw, if your cw are happy pulling mobs with singu or force choke on tab then dont use it, if not then it might be better for pt dps
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shadowbox wrote: »
    Well i would but my powers are a little screwed up so i wouldn't want someone using them atm, just make sure you have all the abilities i mention maxed.

But here are some recommendations.

Might Leap <Useful for getting to some places
    Takedown <Good pvp skill
    Bravery <Good for kiting
    Restoring Strike <Used for solo content

Really solid build and after much trial and error I've evolved my GWF to much the same . I was wondering though why no mention of roar ? Is it because this is a straight dps build ? I can't seem to get away from roar , The damage isn't that great but I get a lot from deep gash w/ it , also it allows me to interrupt most ads when the red appears under me or my party , the determination you build w/ it seems unparalleled as well . One more thing I was wondering is on your boon picks you didn't take the last one that allows the power stack from kills ( I didn't either) . If I stagger onslaught and when rampaging madness kicks in my power goes well above 9k , was curious if the last sharandar boon would stack w/ it . Im not pointing out any flaws in your build Im genuinely curious as to why no one takes roar anymore and still trying to learn myself .
  • Options
    fuacccreationfuacccreation Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was wondering how you calculated those 50% crit chance. I got around 4k crit and my crit chance is at 39% atm
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Updated the guide for Module 3.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was wondering how you calculated those 50% crit chance. I got around 4k crit and my crit chance is at 39% atm

Its when hes fully buffed with weapon master in his passive slot .
    But updated version says 45%.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Its when hes fully buffed with weapon master in his passive slot .
    But updated version says 45%.

Yeah i dropped Vicious Advantage which is what got you up to 50% but powerful challenge with nerfed SotS is just too good not to get.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    why not take executioners style in your feat destroyer tree instead of deep gash.
    Its giving an enourmous dps boost to sure strike and IBS.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    why not take executioners style in your feat destroyer tree instead of deep gash.

It only starts working when the enemy is at 30% hp.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Well for one i'm not using Sure Strike in this build at all, Threatening Rush with Powerful Challenge also let's me get a 15% whenever i want to any ability which isn't dependent on enemy health either.

On top of that if i go Executioner's Style i'm missing out on Deep Gash which is gonna be a lot more damage than the few percent i will get on IBS which is 3% for every 10% health an enemy is missing, which really isn't a ton.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i dont really see the advantage of (lets say u have around 10k power ) a 2k dot in 6 sec from a critical hit which has to be refreshed after these 6 seconds while u can have that enourmous dmg boost with executioners style for your probably strongest encounter ability.
    BTW executioners style does not start when the enemy is at 30% . It starts as soon u hit the target.
    hmm ophelie u never do epic encounters where you have to use single target? pretty surprising as the destroyer tree is mostly for single target dmg.

in your guide theres one line misleading me
    "the Tier 2 Sentinal feat is really good especially with other GWFs who share it."
    can u explain in more detail what u mean with that?
    Does powerful challenge stack(the more marks the mob has the more dmg i get)? do we benefit from marks from other classes (such as gf) or other gwfs when they apply it?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    in your guide theres one line misleading me
    "the Tier 2 Sentinal feat is really good especially with other GWFs who share it."
    can u explain in more detail what u mean with that?
    Does powerful challenge stack(the more marks the mob has the more dmg i get)? do we benefit from marks from other classes (such as gf) or other gwfs when they apply it?

No, but if more GWFs have it then you can all benefit from marked targets which will make it more consistent, and regarding IBS i'm only using it once every 10 seconds, bleed is up 100% of the time on as many targets as there are in a fight and doesn't relly on any other factors, the Executioner's Style feat is only good for boss fights and even then you will want to be using Sure Strike in conjunction with it or it's just not worth it.

And for me Sure Strike is much less damage than Threatening Rush which already has about 30% more base damage anyway and the marked status puts it up 15%, scaling off of a higher base number so it's much better, and more consistently stronger since i'm not relying on any other factors.

Also if you really want to use Executioner's Style no one is stopping you, i just don't think it is the right choice for this build.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    the animation of Threatening rush is longer than on sure strike making it less viable on single target even with the powerful challenge and especially in iwd i would refrain from getting aggro without the right gear. But thanks for your answers.
    only question left is whether other gfs/ gwfs can trigger powerful challenge for us or not which would make the overall fight with gf much easier.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    the animation of Threatening rush is longer than on sure strike making it less viable on single target even with the powerful challenge and especially in iwd i would refrain from getting aggro without the right gear. But thanks for your answers.
    only question left is whether other gfs/ gwfs can trigger powerful challenge for us or not which would make the overall fight with gf much easier.

Well some people may not like this but Threatening Rush can be animation canceled to increase it's speed considerably, and yes Powerful Challenge only states that a target is marked, i would assume it doesn't care who that mark is coming from.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Well some people may not like this but Threatening Rush can be animation canceled to increase it's speed considerably, [...]
    How do you do this without depleting your stamina? Also, I thought this was patched a while ago?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    How do you do this without depleting your stamina? Also, I thought this was patched a while ago?

I requires better stamina management but if you also slot abilities like Battle Fury or Restoring Strike then it's a non issue, and they only fixed animation canceling on Weapon Master Strike i can still use it on Wicked Strike outside of unstoppable, for whatever reason it doesn't work after you are unstoppable, however Threatening Rush can be canceled any time, it just requires very precise timing to make it work.

Another bonus is that Threatening Rush can get you up to your targets immediately without wasting stamina running, so the mobility boost is also gonna increase your uptime on targets.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not sure whether its worth it using wicked strike with animation cancelling bec it can cause rubberbanding.
    Well yeah threatening rush can be animation cancelled but isnt the last hit of sure strike hitting double as hard as the ones before?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not sure whether its worth it using wicked strike with animation cancelling bec it can cause rubberbanding.
    Well yeah threatening rush can be animation cancelled but isnt the last hit of sure strike hitting double as hard as the ones before?

Yes it does but like i said Sure Strike will likely never fit into this build, it is strictly worse than Threatening Rush even with Executioner's Style it's complete lack of mobility and needing feat investment is just not gonna cut it.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    [...] and they only fixed animation canceling on Weapon Master Strike i can still use it on Wicked Strike outside of unstoppable, for whatever reason it doesn't work after you are unstoppable, however Threatening Rush can be canceled any time, it just requires very precise timing to make it work.
    Wat's the exact key sequence you use, though?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wat's the exact key sequence you use, though?

Alright well i went and tested it for an hour or so just to see what the most effective way of doing it was, and so far it looks like alternating between Wicked Strike and Threatening Rush with the cancel is the best way to do it.

As for key presses right now it's MOUSE1 * W/A/S/D + Sprint - MOUSE2 * W/A/S/D + Sprint, Rinse and Repeat

* is a very slight pause to let the damage register, if you don't let it register you will just be flinging your weapon around and dealing no damage.

Now the reason i say alternate is that each attack has an internal cooldown that won't let it deal damage until after it's recharged, so even if it looks like you are attacking faster it won't work, which is the fix they put in place originally for M2 but if you alternate with canceling it will switch between the 2 internals and allow for artificially faster swing speeds.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Alright well i went and tested it for an hour or so just to see what the most effective way of doing it was, [...]
    Fantastic!

Off to practice, thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    are u going for the full 3 swings on wicked strike or just 1?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    are u going for the full 3 swings on wicked strike or just 1?

Just one, then rotate back to Threatening Rush and so forth.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just updated the guide, fixed a bunch of stuff and redid the layout, i also be posted it too mmominds.com and it is currently pending.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just updated the guide, fixed a bunch of stuff and redid the layout, i also be posted it too mmominds.com and it is currently pending.

I used to have the IV sent build and I just switched to this.... it is beast.....love it man thanks
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Part 1: Feats.
    Unstoppable Action.

Tier 1 Sentinel
    Tier 2 Sentinel

CON: our next major score is left fairly low, reasoning is explained above.

Human: Recommended.
    Drow: Solid Pick.
    Teifling: Decent Pick.

Now if you wish to venture away from these 4 choices when picking race remember it will not be optimal, though Haflings and Dwarfs are also fairly solid races just not great for this build.

Sharandar: Other than Dark Fey Hunter, Elven Ferocity, and Elven Resolve you are free to pick whatever you like, none of the other choices will matter much and are mostly preference.

Dread Ring: This tree is much more specific and you will want to follow it exactly, get Reliquary Keeper’s Strength, Evoker’s Thirst, Forbidden Piercing, Shadow Touch, and Endless Consumption which is incredibly powerful with decent LS, if your LS is very low Rampaging Madness is also good, but you will need to respec into Endless Consumption at some point if you take that route.

Icewind Dale: This tree is pretty much entirely preference, however like Sharandar there are a few that stand out from the rest Rapid Thaw is a great choice as it will scale with Disciple of War, Cool Resolve is the other choice that is going to be the better choice, other than that have fun.

-Galeb Durr: Gives you 1% extra damage for every 10% of life you are missing, is gotten on the Auction House or from the Zen Market.

Unstoppable Actions sucks rather take the HP. Cause its hard to get HP on PvE build i barely got 25K if i want more i make huge sacrifices, luckily its enough.
    Sentinel sucks. You'll never mark targets (except bosses when you can use threatening).
    Student of the Sword and Vicious Advantage in Instigator are million times better.
    Best roll is 27STR/20CON/17DEX you can stack crit easily and its hard to stack Armor Penetration an optimal build. ( you gotta use crappy epic jewelry o.o ).
    Half-Orc is best no questions asked. Its like this |=========== and this is Human |=== and this is Drow, Tiefling, Halfling, Dwarf |=
    Sharandar is not preference. More AP gain = more OP. More Power = Vegeta will RAGE.
    Endless is for pussies. I run Madness and 550 lifesteal. (when the new artifact is aviable its 250 from the boon which i might change too.)
    I can solo clear T1s and CN bosses. Unstoppable is no free pass to stay in Red Circles.
    There is so much potential in the stats of IWD. Stats you can only stack with boons and artifacts not with normal gear. Much though has be made.
    If you miss HP a lot something is going wrong. And a few % dps boost won't help. Tested Galeb on Preview he gave me something under 0.0001% dmg bonus on a CN run.
    You end up with very low power on this build and im not sure if you hit the 24% Armpen that is mandatory since your the TR that can pull stuff now.
    Sure Strike is a no brainer. Switching between Sure and Wicked is best thing you can do on a GWF at-will wise.

Overall this build is a 7/10 to my mind. Has good sides but lacks depth. When you go DPS build you should go real DPS build. Hope you can improve.

Piece BlackyLuke

PS: Feel free to PM me.