Options

Forest Ghost Nerf with new patch?

2»

Comments

• Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for you to "double my dps" in a dungeon with your HR.

No one here cares about your hatorade comments towards the HR, I thought you would have learned that by the last thread you got flamed out of...

You said you'd do a dungeon with me if I didn't abuse stormstep and forest ghost. Obviously two hr's who just spam split shot would do similar damage regardless of skill or equipment so it wouldn't say anything about whether or not I understand the class which was the issue since people on this forum think I don't know about hr. Good job missing the point. And I stopped posting in this subforum not because I was chased out, but because the stupidity here made me stop replying.

Have fun with your nerfed hr, and keep deluding yourself about how good hr's are while I do what everyone else does and stack cw's. No one I know wants any hr for castle never or vt, and not even my near BiS hr anymore after stormstep debuff.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    You said you'd do a dungeon with me if I didn't abuse stormstep and forest ghost. Obviously two hr's who just spam split shot would do similar damage regardless of skill or equipment so it wouldn't say anything about whether or not I understand the class which was the issue since people on this forum think I don't know about hr. Good job missing the point. And I stopped posting in this subforum not because I was chased out, but because the stupidity here made me stop replying.

Have fun with your nerfed hr, and keep deluding yourself about how good hr's are while I do what everyone else does and stack cw's. No one I know wants any hr for castle never or vt, and not even my near BiS hr anymore after stormstep debuff.

So you're stating that you only understand the stormstep/forest ghost usage before the fix, as how an HR is viable. So what if multiple people have proven otherwise, without use of that setup?

You're welcome to leave. Mage forum <-- that way.
  • Options
    howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good. Now I can shelve my hr and play much better classes.

whining.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Lol agreed Howitzer and shadow so many whiners no one wants to figure their class out and work with them because they whine. I don't get any trouble getting into anything because people see what I do within the first 5 minutes of the dungeon - how many attacks I fire rapidly and the fact that it usually works out with me in the group; maybe try not spamming just split shot.

I'm sorry you don't like the class but no need to grief over it just play what you like, no one is forcing you to play the HR.

I've never felt weak with either of my HRs; even my nature one is fairly strong and the buffs/debuffs more than make up for lacking of damage.
  • Options
    trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forest Meditation is still resetting cooldowns each tick but thats not a useful as forest ghost was.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Is it? I've noticed that it doesn't deflect 100% like it should but that? Dunno.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    whining.jpg

I knew a howitzer back in the Guild Focus in Tera. You wouldn't be the same howi would ya?
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    now that i have removed stormstep from my bar Ive noticed i barely miss it as i rarely used the combo, just for specific singletarget burst and not even that much on bosses as if i stayed that long near by id end up eating an aoe or wasting half of the duration dodging out of it.... or foxing near by adds. basically i just miss it for bursting down portals or single slow elites i had on me.

my dps has actually gone up now that i have slotted aspect of the serpent instead as i make use of it all the time. More fun too as i have to be more conscious about stance switching to get a better benefit from it. It really beneefits from one hit aoes like split / hindering strike where u get the 15% damage bonus on all targets at once and consume the charges at once.... so its one hit to use the charges and then a second one to build up the charges for the other stance. Also rain of arrows and split the sky dont use or build up charges, not sure if they benefit from them either... ill have to test that.

Ps: it also gives me a reason to use rain of swords XD
  • Options
    howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I knew a howitzer back in the Guild Focus in Tera. You wouldn't be the same howi would ya?

Yes. Same one. XD

wtf SCOTT IS THAT YOU!? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I'm glad they fixed it. I just am not sure that I'll switch back to it.

I'm combat spec, so I use blade storm for unmitigated damage. Then I also use lone wolf to boost my DR. I add on to that boar skin and it makes me fairly tough to fight. I may drop blade storm for storm step, as a speed up on skills is always welcome. However I really don't know one way or the other. I'll have to try it and find out.
  • Options
    spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Why so many refer to forest ghost+stormstep as an exploit in this thread? It was a bug that was exploited, not exploit itself imo.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Because they're talking about the bug of the interaction between those two skills as the exploit. We all know those two together isn't an exploit. However talking specifically about exploits is a no-no on forums. :)
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fox shift is not working as intended as currently it will target summoned effects like shard of endleass avalanche with one of the three hits it does.this combined with the fact that the power does not match the tooltip description clearly shows it is broken.they still haven't fixed the route of fact breaking through immunities and dodges which in my opinion is the larger issue. I have basically shelved my ranger until they get these things straightened out which is a shame sense of I did enjoy playing the class. We will see what comes with the next few patches.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    0-59 bracket in pvp I still find that combat HR's are especially strong, especially if you have reasonably timing and good awareness of what's going on around you. The storm step exploit was nice but its not a deal breaker for me in pvp. Last night was a good example as I was still able to keep my usual pvp attacks/rotation going in melee and still take down most with relative ease. Having good regen and deflect means I can usually take on sentinel gwf's and wear them down as well, something they most definitely don't expect.

Some burst is still there through master of combat and when it procs, its totally awesome and must give the guy you are attacking a wtf moment when he goes from hero to zero :)
  • Options
    kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    Good. it fixed. Now it won't bother me much. I mean, it was too OP, even on hybrid HR like myself. Sometimes, its unfair for HR to become so strong because of some exploit.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Is it? I've noticed that it doesn't deflect 100% like it should but that? Dunno.

100% chance to deflect. :3
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Not saying this is the case with you. But..many people think 100% deflect means they take no damage. That's not the case. Yes you deflect every single attack while its active, however, we don't have 100% deflect severity. So you "will" take damage, just "deflected" damage though..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The deflect part works well with the PVP gear of healing if you deflect. There's also the boons that does stuff if you deflect.

but 50% severity for deflection means half damage. That's why you can still burn down a rogue in ITC if it's not popped from stealth. They're at 75% deflect severity, so they negate 75% of what you do is all. Save the big burst for when ITC ends.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    The deflect part works well with the PVP gear of healing if you deflect. There's also the boons that does stuff if you deflect.

but 50% severity for deflection means half damage. That's why you can still burn down a rogue in ITC if it's not popped from stealth. They're at 75% deflect severity, so they negate 75% of what you do is all. Save the big burst for when ITC ends.

i really hate TR with ITC, wasting me a time a bit.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It can be frustrating. Combat Mastery ignores it. So does bladestorm. I tend to eat through TR fast, if they don't know how to shut me down.

Of course, I have to deal with single dodge of HR not being far enough to avoid DF. Now THAT particular bug is annoying as heck, when facing good TRs.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    TR is a easy pawn for HR. but when they got ITC, little bit harder. same as Sentinel GWF. Sen GWF MAKE ME SICK!!!! hybrid HR rotation combos cant kill them easily. >.<
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sent GWF is easy. ME out of reach and spam split shot while running/jumping. Keep pressure on to reduce the regen they have going, soon as you see unstoppable end, stance switch, MR, boar rush, fox shift. Disrupting shot so they can't stand up to counter stun you and start beating on them. 2 swings, dodge the first encounter, 1 swing, dodge the next, watch unstoppable pop, repeat. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    Sent GWF is easy. ME out of reach and spam split shot while running/jumping. Keep pressure on to reduce the regen they have going, soon as you see unstoppable end, stance switch, MR, boar rush, fox shift. Disrupting shot so they can't stand up to counter stun you and start beating on them. 2 swings, dodge the first encounter, 1 swing, dodge the next, watch unstoppable pop, repeat. :)

basicly the same way like hybrid HR. whenever sen gwf pop out the unstoppable, i kite him a bit, then continue combos when he done. that's what i really hate. makes me sick, wasting time so much to handle that type of GWF, shouldn't they nerf a bit?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's just it. You drag the GWF off the point if he's actually engaging you to be kited. if not? Then you aim shot that bad boy. Even if they're at half deflection in unstoppable, that means every other shot from aimed shot will be a 10k hit. They can't take too many hits like that and their determination doesn't go up from damage while in unstoppable. That's why it's important to NOT do an aimed shot while they are not unstoppable. It's a fast refill. Instead, dodge to interrupt your aimed and dash in to hit em. So they either take the abuse, or they leave point, which gives your team points.

... and this is why I'm always hunted by 3 members of the enemy team. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    yeap, sometimes I did that too. aimed shot when got perfect spot after combos rotation. Btw,i really hate that Sen GWF. WHY WOULD THEY EXIST? >.< I'm not whining, it just i hate that CREATURE!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    heh heh. :)

There's always a tank for PVP. I'm happy for this tank in that they can do damage too. There is a way around them. They're just slower to kill than other stuff. The critical part is to always always always, did I mention always, remember that PVP is a team match. A GWF will crumple fast with 2 people on them. Especially chain proning. If it comes to it, do it. (I hate chain proning). However, it's a team game so play as a team. Even if that means you have to rotate 2 back. Just expect them to keep it up.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Not saying this is the case with you. But..many people think 100% deflect means they take no damage. That's not the case. Yes you deflect every single attack while its active, however, we don't have 100% deflect severity. So you "will" take damage, just "deflected" damage though..

Right, I know what deflect is what it looks like and what it does I use the ability and sometimes it deflects nothing I just get hit for normal damage is what I was saying.

If the ability says both it should do both.
  • Options
    arkiiaarkiia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I haven't lost a single point of damage since I didn't rely on abusing a bug unlike a lot of the scrubs out there on HRs atm.

Same here and frankly I do very nice DPS in all Epics using a mostly archery build. There are a lot of ways to play the class and builds around SSA+FG were just one of them. The people using these are going to have to change to a new build and yes it can be done and DPS good.

However I think we still need a buff to some of the ranged encounters and a lot of the melee encounters. Moreso the melee ones but a few tweaks to the ranged would really make it nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    arkiia wrote: »
    Same here and frankly I do very nice DPS in all Epics using a mostly archery build. There are a lot of ways to play the class and builds around SSA+FG were just one of them. The people using these are going to have to change to a new build and yes it can be done and DPS good.

However I think we still need a buff to some of the ranged encounters and a lot of the melee encounters. Moreso the melee ones but a few tweaks to the ranged would really make it nice.

I think we already have enough buffs, it just they need improve some of it, like oak skin, the regen is terrible.
    Perhaps, if they can ship new paragon they more focus to nature build?
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    arkiia wrote: »

Ranged is fine as it is, their encounters provide great utility (they don't need high dmg encounters since their at-wills hit hard as hell). The melee encounters are also fine, it's most of the melee at-wills that look subpar and that is mainly due to the fact that blades have a weak damage range.