test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forest Ghost Nerf with new patch?

savetheprincesssavetheprincess Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Is it just me or did they ninja nerf the Forest Ghost + StormStep combo?
Post edited by savetheprincess on

Comments

• Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    it wasn't a ninja nerf it wasn't working as it was supposed to its only supposed to proc when the daily is activated not when it hits.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Exploit fixes are never noted in patch notes. Hope this is true and that it's fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ^ agreed good Sah!
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Did they fix the bugged roots too? They just need to do that and tone down sent GWFs and pvp will be much better.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I also just logged in and noticed that split shot doesn't close anymore so the aoe at full charge looks like about 70-80% charge before this maintenance I found it weird but its fine to me so long as the damage at full charge wasn't nerfed.
  • Options
    savetheprincesssavetheprincess Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow, I expected an answer from other HR's... not a bunch of salt from PVP'ers... silly me.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    yeah it looks like forest ghost was fixed, it just hits the target once and each hit will still reduce cds by 1 sec, so its basically a 1 sec reduction per mob in range.

edit: Forget the above paragraph, when i tested i forgot it reduces cds by 3secs and not 1s, and coincidentally i was hitting 3 dummys... its 3 secs per activation.

bb single target burst.

I had noticed the split shot change in preview already, cant be quite sure but i think it hits as hard as charging it all the way.

Ps: this wasnt an exploit it was a bug... they screwed up in the coding, so it shopuld have been mentioned in the patch notes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lol, now they just need to fix the fact that oak skins heal can be deflected even if its' low I'd still rather heal 150-ish than only like 60 because they deflect it.

Savetheprincess - I am a HR 90% pve; but if something is not working right then it should be made to work right imo.

And yeah it does hit as hard just the look is different; fixed I might say because it still basically hits the same area.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Wow, I expected an answer from other HR's... not a bunch of salt from PVP'ers... silly me.

I play my HR quite a bit, doesn't change the fact that it was an exploit.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great news! Finally!
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yay exploit fixed.

Split Shot's graphics now match what it actually targets according to the patch notes.

Fox's still works the same as it did before patch (and hopefully they change the tool-tip not the power its really our only melee power that produces good damage).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This will remove a large chunk of damage from combat and nature builds.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    trterror1 wrote: »

If, if, it reduces their dps by a great amount on well thought out builds, that means that the specs need a buff. You do not balance a class on an exploit.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Only if you were using the exploit...
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So what is the change with Split Shot, and why was it changed at all?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    So what is the change with Split Shot, and why was it changed at all?
    The glowy cone while charging actually shows the area that will be hit now rather than the way it was where the cone was narrower than the reality of what you would shoot.
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014

I haven't lost a single point of damage since I didn't rely on abusing a bug unlike a lot of the scrubs out there on HRs atm.
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Good news, probably they will also look into Roots.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can finally put Forest Ghost back on my bar.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ahh ok ok.

They fixed Forest Ghost............Why didn't they fix Fox Shift, as well as Oak Skin heals being deflected?
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ahh ok ok.

They fixed Forest Ghost............Why didn't they fix Fox Shift, as well as Oak Skin heals being deflected?

Do you mean the "strike each target only once" thing? This would be such a huge decrease in single target burst that I kinda hope that it's just the tool tip that is flawed as of now. Especially talking PVP and the preliminary upcoming changes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    Do you mean the "strike each target only once" thing? This would be such a huge decrease in single target burst that I kinda hope that it's just the tool tip that is flawed as of now. Especially talking PVP and the preliminary upcoming changes.

Yes that's what I mean.

If the tooltip just needs to be changed, then they need to give us a "like" encounter for use with Ranged that acts like Fox Shift.

Other than that, it needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ahm if Fox Shift is working as intended and the tooltip is wrong, why do we need a ranged encounter like it? Split Shot hits just as hard and its at will...
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Given it is the only melee encounter that does any real damage, nerfing it would be rather comical. Low damage encounters wouldn't be so bad if the melee at-wills did real damage like Split ****/Aim Shot do for ranged.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good. Now I can shelve my hr and play much better classes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Given it is the only melee encounter that does any real damage, nerfing it would be rather comical. Low damage encounters wouldn't be so bad if the melee at-wills did real damage like Split ****/Aim Shot do for ranged.

I guess the way I look at it is this.

If you are a combat spec'd HR, its obvious you do more melee damage. They have Fox Shift which is excellent damage. But, they can also use Aimed/Split shot and do considerable damage.

However, if you are Archer spec'd, Fox shift does "damage", but not even close to that of Combat. Our ranged encounters do "decent" damage. But, other than aimed shot/split shot doing good damage as an Archer spec(which we have to spec into btw to get good dmg), we don't have one single ranged encounter, that even remotely matches the amount of sheer burst dps that Fox Shift puts out as melee.

That being said, if Fox Shift IS working as intended, they should re-evaluate some of the ranged encounters. Either increase the base damage of them, or give them a (multiple hit)functionality like that of Fox Shift.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Good. Now I can shelve my hr and play much better classes.

I'm still waiting for you to "double my dps" in a dungeon with your HR.

No one here cares about your hatorade comments towards the HR, I thought you would have learned that by the last thread you got flamed out of...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Munkey81 the best ranged encounters are not about dps in the burst sense that Fox's is, they are about the effects they provide; slow, debuff and roots and creating hostile zones (Eg Sky & Thorn). Melee is about burst damage and sometimes effects (roots, prone). I gather the idea is to be able to set up a hostile zone (Sky/Thorn) and then get in it and do burst damage while the enemy continues to be punished in that zone. I don't think the idea works well in 1 character (mostly because melee at-wills are bad) but it certainly goes nicely with a balanced party.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Munkey81 the best ranged encounters are not about dps in the burst sense that Fox's is, they are about the effects they provide; slow, debuff and roots and creating hostile zones (Eg Sky & Thorn). Melee is about burst damage and sometimes effects (roots, prone). I gather the idea is to be able to set up a hostile zone (Sky/Thorn) and then get in it and do burst damage while the enemy continues to be punished in that zone. I don't think the idea works well in 1 character (mostly because melee at-wills are bad) but it certainly goes nicely with a balanced party.

I agree. Which is why I think Fox Shift "isn't" working as intended. The tooltip clearly states it cannot hit more than 1 person at a time.

It needs to be fixed to match what the tool tip says, not the other way around.
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I agree. Which is why I think Fox Shift "isn't" working as intended. The tooltip clearly states it cannot hit more than 1 person at a time.

It needs to be fixed to match what the tool tip says, not the other way around.

I think the wording lacks clarity, and should be something like, "will not hit a target more than once if there are other targets in range".

Like many other tooltips, it seems to have been written with the assumption that everyone follows the same process of thought as the writer.

The animation vs. a single target makes me think it is working as intended - if it were only supposed to hit each target once, it most likely would not teleport around a single target, hitting from all angles. (it would just keep hitting from the same spot each time)

Just my opinion.

PS: I'm very glad for pvp that stormstep action was fixed! Not so much for pve :(