test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Other PW games...

baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Off Topic
Just wondering if anyone has played many of the other PW games?

Noticed Raiderz go on steam yesterday but heard its pretty dead, add to that it wasnt accepting my act info so oh well..:p

Forsaken? War Of Immortals? Blacklight?

Any good?
Post edited by baronvonboom on

Comments

• zackwalters13zackwalters13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forsaken isnt BAD but its just now getting Support and Staff coming in to help out with its problems... and what a surprise they started with the Cash Shop XD
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol.. oh ok

Im gonna give blacklight a try as ive heard semi decent things about it, maybe forsaken later:)

tx
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I play the other CRYPTIC games (STO and CO) but not any of the PWE games. I've looked at their marketing and most of them just don't seem to appeal to me - not by theme (the themes look really interesting) but rather the play-style. There is one or two I've been leaning toward installing and giving a go, but I just haven't taken the leap.

I use (and actually love) ARC - it does make it drop-dead easy to install (and uninstall) PWE properties, so I think I'm leaning a bit more toward giving some of the PWE titles a go. Hell, I still have a buttload of freebies from my Hero of the North Beta-access purchase a year ago! LOL

Please give your feedback report here, OP. :)
    edited January 2014
    Yeah will do sprite, thanks for the input:)

The codes are actually the reason i was asking, curious to see whats worth investing time into is all
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I mod 3 other PWE titles, for what it's worth: BOI, WOI, and RaiderZ. Play BOI a lot, WOI a bit, RaiderZ...well, I'm just the forum muscle there pretty much...
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited January 2014
    I mod 3 other PWE titles, for what it's worth: BOI, WOI, and RaiderZ. Play BOI a lot, WOI a bit, RaiderZ...well, I'm just the forum muscle there pretty much...

An if i can ask whats the dif between BOI & WOI? shoot me if necessary:) Is one a newer incarnation of the other or?
    edited January 2014
    An if i can ask whats the dif between BOI & WOI? shoot me if necessary:) Is one a newer incarnation of the other or?

I second this question. I find the similarities too uncanny to be able to make a clear decision (I would;t want both, but which one to go with is a bit confusing). I might go for a PWE title this weekend and see how it goes.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's a toss up. People argue that WOI is just BOI under a shinier new wrapper. Having played both, I disagree, I think WOI is more guild/legion centric.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited January 2014
    It's a toss up. People argue that WOI is just BOI under a shinier new wrapper. Having played both, I disagree, I think WOI is more guild/legion centric.

Believe it or not, your perspective is massively helpful in helping me to decide which to give a go with. Thanks! I think I'll throw a nod to BOI for a couple hours. If my interest survives beyond that then I'll give the weekend (for me = Friday through Monday). Then I'll report back. -winks-
    edited January 2014
    Same here lew its muchly appreciated:)

An not to jump on your bandwagon sprite but i'll download BOI tonight an also give it a whirl 2mrw sometime so feel free to gimme a shout etc..
    Halfway done on downloading Blacklight now as well for some pew pew action..
    edited January 2014
    Downloading Battle of the Immortals and Forsaken World right now. I'll give these a gander tonight and if they look good, I'll see how they go over the weekend.

I would't even think of trying these out if it were;t for the ease of the process ARC makes it. (It's web browser still needs to work, tho') :)
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited January 2014
    Played both BOI and WOI...<Redacted for 3.08>
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I played Champions Online and Star Trek Online quite a bit at launch. CO was a lot of fun, but I quickly went to DC Universe Online instead (and still play it from time to time.) Star Trek Online was a disaster at launch, but I have heard a lot of good thing about it lately. They even got an expansion recently with romulans. I've been thinking about picking it up again, but haven't found the time.
  • discordia6969discordia6969 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I play pwi, i have a level 103 5.0 aps sin
    edited January 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »
    I played Champions Online and Star Trek Online quite a bit at launch. CO was a lot of fun, but I quickly went to DC Universe Online instead (and still play it from time to time.) Star Trek Online was a disaster at launch, but I have heard a lot of good thing about it lately. They even got an expansion recently with romulans. I've been thinking about picking it up again, but haven't found the time.

STO is a 500% *Different* game than it was at Launch. Abso-fekking-lutely serious about this. If you enjoy the I.P. or even just enjoy "space genre" - it's definitely got a lot more content and better game-play paradigm than the first 1.5 years of its life.

Now you have three factions (they've added Romulans) and the KDF has a full level-up story from 1 to 50 and the Fed side has been totally revamped (no more required "patrol" missions=epicwin - though still optional). You actually now have *more* end-game content at level 50 than you do as you level-up.

Seriously: you *have* to take another look. Put it this way: there are no longer forums posts about adding content and the entire game mechanics are seriously revamped. I cannot wait until Neverwinter is at the same "maturity" level as STO. A lot of whining will simply fade away (there are still "panic" comments in STO forums there, but most are speculative knee-jerk type.)

@Discordia6969 - yeah, I went ahead and grabbed PWI and also a couple others while I'm at it. I figured 'what-the-heck, since I'm already in the process' I figured I may as well just explore all of them that look interesting to me. Now I need to dig-up all those freebies (redemption codes) I got a year ago! Makes me glad I saved THAT email! hahahah
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . I've played Forsaken World off and on for a few years. I have a love/bored relationship with it. I get bored after a month or two and then find my way back to it and really enjoy it for a time again. I played Perfect World International for a short time before trying Forsaken World and just never went back to PWI. I also played Raiderz for a short time and while I really enjoyed the combat and the game world, I didn't like the seemingly forced grouping for much of the content, as my play-time and health doesn't allow me to always play with others and I prefer to only play with friends I have made, not random players.

. . . Star Trek Online and Champions Online I have both played since they were released, STO having played it in testing prior as well. I still play STO from time to time and the only reason I do not play STO, CO, and FW more often is because my new Windows 8 doesn't allow the Windows Speech Recognition Macro Tool to function. STO just has far too many buttons and things I need to press all the time for me. For such games, I need Speech Commands to be available as an accessibility tool. This is why I now prefer games with combat systems like Neverwinter, that have a minimal amount of keys that need pressed to play. This is also why I am REALLY looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online.

. . . I started MMO gaming back in September of 1997 with Ultima Online and have played nearly every MMO under the sun and moon since. One of my all-time favorite Science-fiction type MMOs is EVE-Online. I also really enjoyed Anarchy Online. Asheron's Call, Lord of the Rings, Everquest 1 and 2, and of course Ultima Online were some of my all-time favorite Fantasy MMOs. My favorite now, of course, is Neverwinter and my favorite Sci-fi MMO is currently Star Trek Online, if only I could play it with WSRM again. If EVE ever went free to play, I'd probably jump back in a heart-beat, at least until I couldn't manage the controls anymore.

. . . I've digressed a bit, but suffice to say, Forsaken World, give her a go! You might just like it too! If you do, you'll soon see where our "invocation" and "cosmetic" systems evolved from that we have in Nevewinter. ;)
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    STO is a 500% *Different* game than it was at Launch. Abso-fekking-lutely serious about this.
    Thanks for the tip. I enjoyed the space-bit a lot at launch, but the ground-combat was a big lowdown for me. I hated the feel of the combat, the graphics really bad and animations nothing to write home about. Still, it did have it's moments, and I do like some Star Trek stuff. Not TNG, though. Yeah, I'm weird. :p
  • faerenifaereni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've played PWI and FW in the past. Much like a few previous comments I had a love/bored relationship with them (they could get a little grindy) and I never went back to PWI after I tried FW. I enjoyed the heck out of FW's bards and PWI's venomancers.

I didn't enjoy the kiss function of PWI... Yes thank you kind sir for giving little lost me a lift out of the scary high level zone I ran blindly into... but did you have to kiss me? *wishes she had a comical slap function*

I ended up walking from FW for the simple reasons that my old rig couldn't take it anymore and just never went back when I got a new one.... annnnnd well there's a point where (might have changed) you *had* to be in a guild... and then another point where the guild you were in *had* to have a base for you to continue more or less. Oh and the fact that I'm dumb and can't seem to get my old account information even after using username and password recoveries. I do wish PWE would let me merge both my PWE accounts, as well, if I got a hold of my other.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Play raiderz if you actually enjoy killing bosses instead of adds and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> inside a dungeon. But be warned, with the recent update they made it more grindy and more farmy... In a crazy way I mean. They Also buffed the hp and damage of all the mobs and bosses.

But all of that you wont notice if you're a new player, maybe your learning Curve will be quite steep at endgame wit 1 hit k.o. Boss fights and whatnot but... It May be enjoyable for you as its quite fast paced, highly dependant on your skill to dodge, block and attack at the right times but you still need high end equipment to deal a decent ammount of damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
    edited January 2014
    Well I tried WOI today for a cple of hours and on first impressions its not bad, Im not hugely familiar with Asian style mmo's as I find the colour palette akin to having fireworks let off in my pupils but I gave it a go.

Garish colour scheme aside I found the intro levels insanely easy but being dropped in the main area I instantly felt like a new kid at school... We shall see what happens..
    edited January 2014
    Okay so I've downloaded and played most of the other PWE games and I am finding some real inconsistencies in play style (I also understand many of these were acquired by PWE and not build by them). I find that Forsaken World is cute and I might keep with that one.

The Blacklight Retribution looks almost identical to Cryptic's paradigm, but there are some issues I'm having with game control (the scene just spins wildly to the left - likely due to my having a joystick on my system - asking me to remove it is a deal-breaker). PWI just didn't look good on my screen - text was fuzzy and whatnot. Jade Dynasty wash;t doing it for me. As for Battle of the Immortals, I don't like the windowed aspect.

Overall I think PWE has some pretty good titles covering all the great genre's (when you include Cryptic's titles) and great for all age-ranges, too (Forsaken World appears at first-blush to be very kid-friendly).

So I'll see if I have any freebie codes for FW and maybe give the others away.

Anyway - that's my feedback contribution to the thread. :)
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I play both CO and STO both are excellent games if you get used to their "Quirks"

CO it takes a while to get used to cartoony graphics after playing NW a lot. I suggest you turn off the cell shading lines and Lower bloom reflections and post production at first it will look like NW on minimum graphics. then as you get used to it add the graphic options back in. CO also runs much faster without cell shading lines. but on the opside you ave the most

STO is an example of what you get with TO MUCH customization, expect To spend a few hours keybinding and in the tailor playing around with sliders for every single pet(Bridge officer).

NW as you know issue is trying to get friends to stay on NW long enough to get used to the Action interface.

Once you are Used to the games all 3 games are awesome and unique ad really fun. there are many elements of CO and STO I wish they would add to NW like pet customization. and costume slots. I also wish the VIP codes had stuff for CO/STO.

Ive been tempted to try PWI and other games but ive never gotten around to it..probably cause they don't have the shared chat that NW/STO/CO has. and the out of game chat.
  • therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a lifer for Cryptic's other two properties (CO and STO) Star Trek Online is an absolutely phenomenal game right now, despite me hating it on launch. I'm just quite burned with it, so I'm doing Neverwinter for a while. CO is a game I binge on occasionally, and is also very good, but I have to admit I wind up needing to take it in doses, especially seeing as I'm not all that fond of their art direction with it compared to the "City Of X" games.

That said, the only PWI game I really tried was "Forsaken World" and rolled a Vampire since that seemed a bit different, to be honest I liked a lot of the features, but I couldn't quite figure out what to actually do with it. It seems straightforward at the very beginning but then when I get to the first town it seems I'm leveling up just by running errands and stuff back and forth within the town, no real need for quests, and honestly I lost track of the quests I had, probably because by the time I felt I had really explored the town I was so horrendously outleveled for them.

I looked at one of the "immortals" games but it seemed like a heavily cash shopped "Diablo" type game albeit with some really overdone artwork, and this is coming from someone who has enjoyed Anime and a couple of Asian MMOs in the past.

For old time Cryptic players like me, remember that old bit in the "City Of Heroes" strategy guide (I think it was) where their advice on costumes was "Make a costume, look at it for a minute, and then turn your head away and close your eyes, if there isn't a magenta flash burned into your retinas that needs to fade it's a good one"... it seems like "Immortals" (don't remember which one) failed even that little bit of advice because I mean wow... just wow... it was like there was some secret warehouse of designs hidden by Liborice for being "a bit too much" which were then coated by the explosion of a factory exclusively making pastel paints... before finally making it into that game. Things don't always need to be brown, or gray, bright colors can be very nice, and stylized artwork is cool... but yeesh... that said it seems some people really like it and they made two of them, so I guess it appeals to some people.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I play a Kindred in Forsaken World. I'm not too far in the game but it is sorta fun. Its a break from Neverwinter.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just wondering if anyone has played many of the other PW games?
    Any good?

Not completely perfect world, but definitely cryptic: Star Trek Online.

I'm a huge star trek fan and enjoyed playing this game for two years. I have a lifetime sub there. The legacy of Romulus and season 8 expansion were a huge let down to me though. Endgame is dead, overly easy, killed by new power creep features, gear and ships, and new endgame content is designed for fresh max level players in freebie ships (those ships have 20% inferior stats) with green gear. So, endgame is basically repeatedly smashing the space bar if you're a veteran with all the shinies. Even my (so called) "No-win" scenario fun fade away, after two months or so with only victories. Sometimes i log in and have fun soloing 5 man group content...

The game should soon enter maintenance mode. The Executive producer left (he did it a few years ago, when the Atari boat was sinking), which isn't a good sign when you know the man. If you're new to the game and like Star Trek, it's worth a try though. You should enjoy it for a few months maybe. :)

I only hope the neverwinter devs don't do the same mistake, and scale new content for top geared players instead of making it accessible to fresh newbies with blue gear and a green artifact, or I'll have to quit NW too. :rolleyes:
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Not completely perfect world, but definitely cryptic: Star Trek Online.

I'm a huge star trek fan and enjoyed playing this game for two years. I have a lifetime sub there. The legacy of Romulus and season 8 expansion were a huge let down to me though. Endgame is dead, overly easy, killed by new power creep features, gear and ships, and new endgame content is designed for fresh max level players in freebie ships (those ships have 20% inferior stats) with green gear. So, endgame is basically repeatedly smashing the space bar if you're a veteran with all the shinies. Even my (so called) "No-win" scenario fun fade away, after two months or so with only victories. Sometimes i log in and have fun soloing 5 man group content...

The game should soon enter maintenance mode. The Executive producer left (he did it a few years ago, when the Atari boat was sinking), which isn't a good sign when you know the man. If you're new to the game and like Star Trek, it's worth a try though. You should enjoy it for a few months maybe. :)

I only hope the neverwinter devs don't do the same mistake, and scale new content for top geared players instead of making it accessible to fresh newbies with blue gear and a green artifact, or I'll have to quit NW too. :rolleyes:

he did not left he works on new cryptic game also noone play only a bit harder cotent in sto look just queue noone queue or play into the hive while u got 100+ ppl queued for more easy stfs so why would they then add more hard cotent?