test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact Drop Rate Discussions

Comments

• Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I personally want it only for the stats. My CW could use more defense/lifesteal, but trying to get this **** artifact is so annoying.
    Once again i wish they did something like they do with seals. You run the mini dungeons enough times and you can eventually buy it.
    Damned RNG.
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I think this is the last day I try to get it for my 3rd artifact. I'm just so very tired of getting peridots for weeks. It's a mockery of the AD I spent to make these gauntlets. I'll just buy the waters and give up.

Gave up, bought Waters, made it epic, done with this.

I bet that if I run lairs again it will drop. I am 99% sure.

Too bad it will be useless by then.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still looting Peridots… worst Cryptic flop since the Arcane Reservoir ban wave.
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I have been farming VT since the module and I have yet to find the t2 chest piece but it got me wondering that the artifact drops are insane rare. Out of all my friends none of us have seen the artifact drop not even once. I have done VT successfully probably more than 50 times. I have everything you can get except the chest and an additional 500 seals with nothing to do with but refine. So I have done VT quite a lot.

This leads me to think artifacts are too rare. That the chance that they drop let alone you win the roll is highly unlikely. So if you want the artifact you basically have to resort to the AH. At 8 mil for a Val artifact that is also highly unlikely unless I wanted to farm CN for a month straight which I rather not do. I'd love to see them put drop rates in that actually give a f2p player a chance instead of the horrible ones they have. Everything in this game has horrible drop rates which makes me wonder.
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    one of my guildies got the Eye from the arcance chest and we have been working on trying to tap the code of getting them. the one time he isnt trying to figure it out and was talking with soemone and randomly looted the arcane chest he got it. i have 7 toons 5 with the adamantiume gauntlet and 0 eye of lathadner artifacts so far and i want 3 of them =/
  • Options
    eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    i have yet to get this extremely-raretifact
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kunekaden2 wrote: »
    One person in my guild (Essence of Aggression) now has this artifact. One.

No other reports as of yet.

Please look at the drop rate.

You named a person yet your post was not censured or the thread is not locked, when someone names a exploiter etc the post gets censured or the thread gets locked. The rules dont apply when someone says this person found this woow etc, when someone is warning others about someone thats a criminal act and needs to be stopped.
  • Options
    elieli04elieli04 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sir, I opened my first chest today, and I got one. No problem with this. :/
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    elieli04 wrote: »
    Sir, I opened my first chest today, and I got one. No problem with this. :/

Because of such <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> RNG mechanics, they should let us buy the Eye with a considerable amount of scrips etc. from the campaign. "Prove" you're a dedicated player that ran the zone daily for a while, and you get the artifact, instead of praying that RNG gods are with you.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Because of such <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> RNG mechanics, they should let us buy the Eye with a considerable amount of scrips etc. from the campaign. "Prove" you're a dedicated player that ran the zone daily for a while, and you get the artifact, instead of praying that RNG gods are with you.

This is a good idea - perhaps set the price at thirty days worth of items obtained from doing all the quests, and only available if you have maxed out your gauntlet and got all the campaign upgrades.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Yep. Keep the actual rate but make it an automatic drop after 100 attempts.
    By the way, I got mine less than one week after forging my adamantine gauntlet.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, either of the two suggestions above would be good. I mean, RNGs are what they are, and I'm okay with that... but it'd be kinda nice to know that I'll definitely get the thing eventually.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I find it good, that the artifact is rare. I have on my both chars at least one(one of them have it the second time). And buying it with VS is simple unacceptable. Then this artifact will be a P2W one too as the other 3 from lockboxes(you gain VS from lockboxes) or heavy farmable. 5+ VS per DLS. This is with your rate of 30 days ~100 Skirmishes at max. So no. No better achievable version of this. You are only mad because you haven't the skill to await. After 3 Month the threads arise that this artifact as loot is BS and need to be removed, because all got 5+ of them at least...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    I have on my both chars at least one(one of them have it the second time).

You are only mad because you haven't the skill to await.

You have been extremely lucky to get the artifact three times - many people have been running the quest every day on multiple toons (like me) and not even had it drop ONCE.

And I can't possibly see how you can claim it is anything to do with skill......
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    You have been extremely lucky to get the artifact three times - many people have been running the quest every day on multiple toons (like me) and not even had it drop ONCE.

And I can't possibly see how you can claim it is anything to do with skill......

If you don't check the part with the skill: The dev can reduce the cost for all boons and more to 1 VS that everybody achieve it within 1h. But mean this it's worth it? Sometimes it take only time. If you can't wait for it, then you lack the skill of patience easy said. It's not that you lost something within the time. You only not get the item and? I have it and it's only good for 70% of its stat, even for some not.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Translation issue... I'd say it more like "virtue of patience".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Translation issue... I'd say it more like "virtue of patience".

Thanks for that - the post was hard to understand.

It has to be said though that is easy for someone who was so incredibly lucky that they had at least three artifacts dropping for them to say that it is good that it rare, and there shouldn't be any non-random option to obtain it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Oh well, i will just enjoy the fun of peridots, they are green and shiny.

My plaguefire enchants think they are yummy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    17 days straight of opening coffers and nothing that I would not have received with the lesser gauntlets yet.
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Actually, I think that's the real problem. If they changed the adamantine gauntlet loot tables to give aquamarines instead of peridots, rank 5 enchantments instead of rank 4s, and blue marks instead of green, I don't think I'd mind the incredibly low odds of getting the Eye so much. It's just that using the one gauntlet a day and getting nothing but trash day in, day out is so disappointing that makes people annoyed about the drop rates.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A ten minute mini-DD? You get a Greater Mark (3750 RP), maybe an Epic item for RAD, and an extra chest.

Why are we complaining?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    17 days straight of opening coffers and nothing that I would not have received with the lesser gauntlets yet.

49th Adamantine Gauntlet here. Today will be 50. Nothing but trash.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    49th Adamantine Gauntlet here. Today will be 50. Nothing but trash.

Think I am on a combined total of over 60 Adamantine Gauntlet tries over multiple characters and no artifact....
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, around 2000 shadowmantle seals won, 1700 in my inventory + 280 i used to buy the both dread parts.
    Shadowmantle module started two months ago.
    I have never seen a single shard of the crown droped by Valindra.
    I m not talking to win the roll, of course but just to see this ***** artifact. . .
    What about you guys? feedback about this one or others artifacts?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I had a post earlier about this topic and it was merged into eye of lath discussion. The drop rates are stupid low. I seems like a 1% chance for val crown and if you wanted to win you have a 20% chance to win so your chance is like .02% to get it. I have done VT a lot I am at 600 seals and have never seen this artifact nor have I seen the cw chest piece keep getting blues and t1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Cryptic sure does know how to make their gamers mad. Drop blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in end game dungeons and give you horrible drop rates on everything. I wonder if they have meetings on how to upset gamers.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If eye of lathandar droprate is 1%, there is something like a 30% chance of not getting it after a full year of running dread lairs. I think this is rather bad way of doing things because even though the other two hard to get artifacts, emblem of the seldarine and valindra's crown may also be ~1% drop rate, it is BoE so people could buy it instead of farming and possibly getting screwed by RNG.

I've been in maybe around 80 vt's since mod 2 started and seen two valindra crowns drop. My guildmates and I have probably done over 150 vt's and those two crowns were the only ones we have ever seen. We've also done altogether about 200 mc's and only one emblem was seen dropping. Let's assume the droprate is 1%, then on average a person would have to do 500 runs before he gets his emblem of the seldarine or shard of valindra's crown. This could become 2000-3000+ runs if someone is in the 10% least lucky players, but at least for these two artifacts you can do other things to earn AD and buy them, and in fact it very often makes more sense to do other things to earn the AD to buy these artifacts because when you divide the profit from an artifact by 100 (assuming 1% drop chance), you get something like 70-80k ad profit from crown for every run (~15k if split 5 way), or 40-50k ad profit from emblem for every run (8-10k ad if split 5 way).

Also I've done about 120 sword coast adventures tier 6 dungeons and haven't found lightfoot thief yet. I haven't seen one in the AH for over 2 weeks, and I check the AH for lightfoot thief several times a day every day.

I don't like these super low odds not just because there's long dry spells in between getting profit, but because it makes mc and vt not really worth farming. If they retained the trollish drop rate, but at least changed the blue drops to some decent purples, if only transmutes, then it would be a lot more rewarding than constantly seeing trash t1's and blues drop in MC and VT. Sure there are dread fragments and malabog fragments, but these simply aren't enough to make the two dungeons more profitable than say gauntlgrym or farming t2's. Probably nothing will be changed though.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't even think transmutable blues is a good idea for an end game dungeon. I also don't think they will ever drop anything worth selling in future end game dungeons since they don't want people to farm things for ad. They could have had it drop t2 stuff but they didn't and the t2 stuff it does drop is BoP so you can't sell it. I guess we will be forever stuck to cn to acquire ad that's guaranteed.

But you said it right trolling drop rates. And 8 mil to purchase it stupid expensive. Go ahead buy that with zen your looking over 100$ for an artifact no thank you. They need to start putting some realistic drop rates before they loose people because their current business plan has me thinking twice about the longevity of this game as well as some of my friends. Yeah there should be a grind but at least give people a reasonable chance to acquire things.
  • Options
    krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    This is a good idea - perhaps set the price at thirty days worth of items obtained from doing all the quests, and only available if you have maxed out your gauntlet and got all the campaign upgrades.

I'm all for it, even if it is 60-80 days worth of quests, it IS some kind of "reward for insistence", that is severely lacking ATM.

Some funny numbers. If drop rate is 3% (and there is reason to believe that it is way below that)...

40% of the people will not get it in a month

6,5% of the people will not get it in 3 months.

While this number is fairly low, I think that doing the dailies during 3 months and still not get your prize (that you can not get otherwise, mind you!!) is alienating. Everyone should have the right to eventually get the artifact, since it takes no skill nor gear.

EDIT: The fact that, right now, Vanguard Scrips have exactly 0 uses does not help.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't even think transmutable blues is a good idea for an end game dungeon. I also don't think they will ever drop anything worth selling in future end game dungeons since they don't want people to farm things for ad. They could have had it drop t2 stuff but they didn't and the t2 stuff it does drop is BoP so you can't sell it. I guess we will be forever stuck to cn to acquire ad that's guaranteed.

But you said it right trolling drop rates. And 8 mil to purchase it stupid expensive. Go ahead buy that with zen your looking over 100$ for an artifact no thank you. They need to start putting some realistic drop rates before they loose people because their current business plan has me thinking twice about the longevity of this game as well as some of my friends. Yeah there should be a grind but at least give people a reasonable chance to acquire things.

Well, there are still enough people around who are willing to drop that kind of real money for in-game stuff. Too bad Cryptic doesn't realize how many people that spent 2000 $+, and would've spent much more, they have lost in the last days/weeks, just because of the fact that the Eye of Lathander is BoP with an unrealistic drop rate. Especially pay-to-winners/"pay-to-collectors" are easily driven off by the fact that there is no way to acquire something (I play a lot, I know people, I'm actually in the game and I see what's happening).

When you're done with the Dread Ring campaign, which takes 31 days, it is not realistic to force people into running those dailies for a year. Today is my 51st Arcane Coffer with Peridots in it and I can't see those dungeons anymore. Not because they are bad, but because one gets sick of running them consistently without any reward (or at least hope, something like: "51st out of 100 Arcane Coffers; Eye of the Lathander drop rate 100 % on 100th Arcane Coffer"). Now imagine people that are used to pay real money in order to get their stuff. Cryptic, you're losing money.
This discussion has been closed.