test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now I wonder what armor Druids will wear. I had assumed Ranger's would maybe get studded leather and the the Druids would get hide but now that Ranger's wear hide and Rouges have normal leather what's left for druids? wooden armor?
    Umm, cloth maybe? Woven and spun fabrics? ... Oohh, Spider Silk Robes for the higher levels ... It's the one area that the game is lacking perhaps, a true 'glass cannon' = A class that wears no armor whatsoever, only robes, but has powerful spells to add magical shields, kinda' like the Barkshield Enchant ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    Umm, cloth maybe? Woven and spun fabrics? ... Oohh, Spider Silk Robes for the higher levels ... It's the one area that the game is lacking perhaps, a true 'glass cannon' = A class that wears no armor whatsoever, only robes, but has powerful spells to add magical shields, kinda' like the Barkshield Enchant ...

Druids wear cloth, leather, and hide. A druid would not be a true glass cannon it would be a primary controller with leader or striker as secondary control. 4E druids use regular form to attack from a range and beats form to attack in melee, so it would be the caster version of hunter ranger with heavier control and jack of trades on striking, and leading. And they have stayed mostly true to 4E so far why wouldn't they for druid?.
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Druid <----4E druid.

Your true glass cannon would be Sorcerer which is a cloth wearing arcane striker, though scourge warlock as equally the potential to be a true glass cannon.
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcerer http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Warlock < A bit about scourge warlock on this page, would be the original warlock bit as well.
    Though warlocks wear cloth and leather, I would hope it would be a pure Striker class and focus on annihilating enemies.

Glass Cannon doesn't mean a class that wears no armor a glass cannon is a class that trades defense for offense. Or in others words it saying would be "offense is the best defense ". I'm not sure about sorcerer but scourge warlocks combat style is to dodge attacks and obliterate enemies with their envocations. I think rouges sort of fit in to the glass cannon category as well.
    edited December 2013
    Though I like the idea of warlocks added, and we defiantly need Bard for main buffer, I think Vampire might be a interesting class for the devs to figure out how to make it fit in. http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire
    Also heres a list of the 4E classes if you guys are interested. http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Class
  • paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited December 2013
    I am frankly tired of all the half demon superz evil DARK LORD 666 type bs in this game. First special mount in game was a nightmare...

What I wanna see is a paladin class and the aasimar race released. Tifling is in game with the grim dark evil side, can we finally get some true good in this game?
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's one thing that worries me about any new classes, so far every class has had it's own unique weapon and armor type. So far they've managed to make it so everyone uses different thing but they're going to run out of armor and weapon types soon. When that happens will we (for example) see GF only platemail and longswords and Paladin or Warlord only platemail and longswords as seperate drops?

Crafted leather shirts and pants are retroactively wearable by HRs as well as TRs now. Armors will probably stay unique, but "the basics" likely will be useable by each class of that type.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't agree for the plain fact that a group only needs one healer and one tank. The rest of the group should be a mix of different DPS, buffing, control type classes. You need a variety of those classes as some people like playing range dps, melee dps, or caster DPS. Some people like to buff or control. There is a big variety of things you can do there.

You can add variety to the DC and GF classes to spice them up, but you don't need another healer or tank.

But there's nothing wrong with having different Healing or Tanking classes. Variety is not a dirty word, and each new tank or healer that NW gets, for the most part, can and will bring something new to the table. Will we see some similar powers or even weapons for these classes? Yes. Will it be confusing for everyone? Yes. I mean, unless the devs can relatively easily change the script that's tied to weapon types, so that all classes that use, say, a one handed sword or axe can share the same weapon without making it a even more confusing mess.
    edited December 2013
    Variety and character customization are the very core of DnD, so bringing a new class into the game can only be a good (dare is say great?) thing, and you can indeed have many different Tank or Healer or CC classes ... The problem mostly stems from players not understanding their roles in dungeons and groups vs how they play the game the rest of the time ...

NWO is mostly, whilst leveling up, a Solo PvE game, so many people play and build their class with that in mind, but that playstyle almost never works well in dungeons or groups ... A DC doesn't have to be a walking health pot in dungeons, but it certainly helps groups a lot if they do play a more passive/buff/heal style, rather than trying to compete with the TR for the DPS score ... I'm not trying to disparage any class, I enjoy playing all classes so far, but they each have strengths and weakness, and learning how to play your class in a dungeon group is one of the things that many seem to overlook.

Substituting a HR for TR is doable, as is swapping a GWF for a DPS DC or having an extra CW instead of a CC GF, it can all work, but some groups work better than others for ALL concerned ... All it takes is a little practice, and little willingness to learn ...

When I run a dungeon with my HR for instance, I normally stay around my DC and CW and use my skills to keep adds of them and use the HR's mobility to keep the Boss from closing with them by pulling him away if they aggeo him, while they concentrate on Buffs/Debuffs and CC, and leave the boss for the TR and or GWF/GF for the rest of the time ... It's not a glamourous role, being a trash cleaner, but surprisingly, my HR is almost always near the top for Damage Dealt and Monsters Killed ... And no-one dies ... Wow!

edited December 2013
    I am frankly tired of all the half demon superz evil DARK LORD 666 type bs in this game. First special mount in game was a nightmare...

What I wanna see is a paladin class and the aasimar race released. Tifling is in game with the grim dark evil side, can we finally get some true good in this game?

Its not really that bad,though 4E screwed up Tieflings from being offspring of someone having sexy time with a demon/devil somewhere in the family trees to just being cursed for being a pacter's child. But you no Assimars are not always good, they can be evil though they have urges to be good just as Tieflings can good but have urges to be evil. Though I agree for Paladin so we have another choice for defender, we already have some good races, Wood elves, Moon elves, and Sun elves are normally good. Though personally I would like to see Rock/deep gnomes, and Dragonborn make their way to playable races list with sorcerer and warlock to go with them. Especially Gnomes because you just have to have gnomes for dnd.
    And then Assiamr and Genasai with choice of element would be cool.
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And then Assiamr and Genasai with choice of element would be cool. /snip

As long as they are called Aasimar and not Deva I would be more than happy to play as one.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    by saying "it could be anything" means anything is speculative at this point.
    Of course, but some things are more likely than others. My point was that since GWF and GF are just variations of the same class, it makes a lot of sense that they will continue this with the other classes too, rather than start making entirely new base-classes. It takes too long, so I see that more as an expansion-thing. (assuming they will release full expansions, of course.) So with that theory, it makes sense that Warlock is another form of Wizard, and Druid are a new type of Ranger. Since a lot of people love playing Rogue already, why not release a new Rogue-class, rather than a pet-class, for instance?
    Well, considering the CEO of Perfect World can wake up one morning and say "hey devs, scrap everything you are doing, i want the next race/class to be a ninja turtle", i'd say it can be anything :P
    Hehe, a ninja turtle would be cool. We haven't seen Violet in a while, so it's time for her return. :p

On a more serious note, the CEO can say whatever he wants, but no, there won't be ninja turtles in this game. Even if we ignore the copyright issues, everything they add has to fit into the game. If they added those turtles, it would make a lot of fans hate the game and leave. Bigger games have made less drastic choices, and still had to pay dearly for it. Think about Diablo 3. It's a great game in every way, but fans were so angry at the changes that Jay Wilson was forced to leave his job. So do you really want to add ninja turtles in this game? ;)
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    IIRC, Wizards of the Coast has veto power on anything added to this game, so they could easily shut down Mr. Crazy PWE CEO's plans to introduce ninja turtles. On the other hand, "mutant," "ninja," and "turtle" are all valid creature types in Magic: The Gathering, WotC's most successful franchise, so they might actually go, "Why not?" and troll the fandom.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    WoTC is owned by Hasbro since 1999, a toy and game company.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    WoTC is owned by Hasbro since 1999, a toy and game company.
    Oh, dear... all those times I've yelled "Autobots, roll out!" in groups, I was only joking. I never expected actual autobots to join us... :p
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Anyone of any race can be good or evil. Similarly, a Paladin that worships and adheres the tenets of an evil god would not be good, either...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Anyone of any race can be good or evil. Similarly, a Paladin that worships and adheres the tenets of an evil god would not be good, either...

Just like how my DC is a lawful good cleric of Chauntea protecting the world with universal love for all beings, whereas there are evil priestesses of Lolth (based on their bios) running around as DCs too....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited January 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    Just like how my DC is a lawful good cleric of Chauntea protecting the world with universal love for all beings, whereas there are evil priestesses of Lolth (based on their bios) running around as DCs too....

That and the Armor of Lolth is dead sexy on a female DC ...

Has anyone seen any more "sneaky peeks" on Preview yet? IF they are releasing a new class soon, and the "coming Soon" in the class selector isn't just Games Industry Speak for "yeah whenever" then surely their should be something on preview??? (Ppwease?)

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any more "sneaky peeks" on Preview yet? IF they are releasing a new class soon, and the "coming Soon" in the class selector isn't just Games Industry Speak for "yeah whenever" then surely their should be something on preview??? (Ppwease?)

If we are lucky, we will see something on preview a month before release, but not always. And we are still well off from Module 3. I wouldn't expect any news, at all, until sometime in mid to late February.
  • sadorsador Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Peer into your crystal balls(or brass or whatever they are made of) and look across the mists of time and foretell, what do you see as the next class that will be added? Will it be the guardian of the faithful and servant of justice, the paladin? Or will it be the friend of the wild places, shifter of shapes, the druid? or will it be something completely out of the blue?
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Necromancer please.... fight fire with fire an all that..
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warlock or whatever.

I rather have new dungeons to play because even with a new class, the game is gonna be boring to just play CN another 1000 times.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• ravynbloodravynblood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I keep hearing druid..I would def make a druid..Can't wait for the new class whatever it is.
  • aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most likely: Warlock, then Druid.

Wish for: Bard.

Highly unlikely to ever appear, but still want: Battlemind.
  • gillman58gillman58 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How about a steam-punk type class. Like the Dwemer Dwarves in Elder Scrolls.
    Battle Engineer I guess could be a working title. Gadgets and more gadgets. Think McKyver meets Go Go Gadget.
    Less magic, more machinery. Yes? No?
  • aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gillman58 wrote: »
    How about a steam-punk type class. Like the Dwemer Dwarves in Elder Scrolls.
    Battle Engineer I guess could be a working title. Gadgets and more gadgets. Think McKyver meets Go Go Gadget.
    Less magic, more machinery. Yes? No?

No, thank you. Would rather this stay as fantasy as possible, without bringing engineering into the mix. Wouldn't mind an alchemist or artificier, but no more steam-punk.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    If you want gadgets, can go play DDO. :)

This is pure forgotten realms, DDO is based in the variant with gadgets and stuff.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So we have 2 fighter classes and 2 rogue classes, the next class has to be a caster class or healer class. I dont see a new healer class coming any time soon so im betting its a caster class. Im hoping for a conjurer, the thayen magic punches and summons they do are pretty cool. Could see dailys that summon monsters that debuff or draw draw agro.

Evoker would cool as well. Im not the biggest Warlock fan but i guess it would fit the bill. Also where are gnomes? That would be another priority for me. Should have been there before another elven race.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• soldeadeyesoldeadeye Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28
    edited January 2014
    I Vote for another Melee Class Since Hunter ranger was input for the range. for the next class i would love to see A
    Brawler That Use His Fist For Melee.
    Filled With Rage This Class goes Berserk.
  • sadorsador Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So a Monk or a Berserker.

I dunno, I like the idea of a summoner mage. Bigby's spell family would be a welcome addition.
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    man i want completely out of blue and wants cryptic to surprise us with a completely new class.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Scourge Warlock is what it will more than likely be.
This discussion has been closed.