test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes NW.10.20140107a.3

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
User Interface
  • Resolved a few cases where multiple Need or Greed rolls would cancel one of the rolls preventing proper loot distribution.

Classes and Balance
  • Hunter Ranger Split Shot FX now better matches where the power will hit. It was previously slightly behind.

Content and Environment
  • A Scrying Stone in Tower District is no longer covered in colission.
  • Throne of Idris Dungeon Delve chest can once again be claimed when the event is active.
  • Defend the Temple and Ebon Downs Complete achievements complete properly.

Enemies
  • Rimefire Golems deaths no longer shake the camera of everyone on the map.

Gateway
  • Sword Coast Adventures: Kossuth power dice, Tempus power dice and Lolth power dice have had many of their combat-faces improved. Any result that would have previously shown "Combat 4" will now show "Combat 6" instead.
  • Sword Coast Adventures: Tear in Reality now requires fewer dice to complete to bring it more in line with other challenges.
  • Sword Coast Adventures: Added an option in the Help menu to attempt to unstick the current trial.
  • Sword Coast Adventures: Added a potential fix to prevent the dice getting into a stuck state.

Items and Economy
  • Scrolls of Fate can now be peroperly searched for in the Auction Hall.
  • The Companions Con Artist and Dwarven Shield Maiden are now appropriately for sale for 2 Gold at the Emporium.
  • The Frost Mimics damage has been slightly increased.
  • The Ranger bow from the Invocation store now has a proper icon and text to go along with it.
  • The boxes rewarded from Leadership tasks have slightly improved chances to drop refining stones.

Localization
  • Many cut scenes that displayed only in English will now display the correct language.
  • Turkish item tooltips now properly display again.
  • Changed the default keybind for "Toggle Cursor Mode" to F2 for users playing in these languages: Russian, French, German, Italian, Turkish, or Polish. These defaults are based on the game client language instead of the Windows input language.

User Interface
  • Character Select: The Buy Rename button is now enabled in some cases where it should be.
  • Fixed an edge case that could cause loss of a recently upgraded enchantment that is being slotted into an item.
  • Powers Window now supports the Wizard's Spell Mastery slot for the right click hot key menu.
  • When multiple Need or Greed rolls appear the order they appear will not change to reduce unintentional player choices on rolls.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    Coming to Preview shortly.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know there is going to be some happy people about fixes to SCA and glad to see the Con Artist and Dwarven Shield Maiden finally getting added.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Loot roll issues fixed at last? Thank Selune!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great to see Idris getting fix as well as the Need/Greed window bugs. And the new companions finally showing up!

Edit: Looked at the new companions. In the store the shieldmaiden is listed as "Adbar Shield Maiden", but everyone else it says "Shieldmaiden".
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes! The Split Shot thing drove me nuts in the Winter Festival but I blamed it all on my graphics. Good to know it was an actual thing. And now I can sell all these exp- and glory-boosting Scrolls of Fate that I have no use for and have been desperately wanting to sell. This patch makes me a happy nebula. You guys are awesome. :o
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone have pics or other info on the upcoming Emporium companions? I thought I saw them in the collections window already...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They have been in the collections window for quite sometime now. They just were never available to purchase yet.
    edited January 2014
    OK, I got a chance to login to the test server, below are screenshots of the 2 new Emporium companions. They're both white-quality, and they appear to be gender-swapped version of the Man at Arms and Sellsword:

Con Artist (Male half-elf or possibly half-orc w/ no fangs):
    ConArtist.jpg

Shield Maiden (Female dwarf):
    ShieldMaiden.jpg

*Note that these are their base skins... I'm not going to bother spending time to rank them up...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Many cut scenes that displayed only in English will now display the correct language.

Will this also fix english clients randomly getting cut scenes in foreign languages? For instance I think I only see the english cut scene for dread legion 1/4 of the time.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some good fixes here , especially the need/greed problems , Throne of idris bug and the new companions , great work guys.

Also for anybody interested the Rank 30 versions of the new companions can be seen here - http://imgur.com/a/tcTkB Rank 30 Con artist looks very cool and it looks like the Shield maiden has two small dinner plates covering her chest lol.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh man, I must have that dwarf, but it's a shame I'll never see her at max rank.
  • cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Very cool. I like this patch. :)

Now if only those broken great swords would be fixed...
  • futuunfutuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey!

At last roll issues fixed :)

However I'm worried by new Bug in version NW.10.20140107a.3 Glade Stalker's Blades
    My blade on preview server looks like sh.. :mad:
    0LQASjV.png
  • shanawdithitshanawdithit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Some good fixes here , especially the need/greed problems , Throne of idris bug and the new companions , great work guys.

Also for anybody interested the Rank 30 versions of the new companions can be seen here - http://imgur.com/a/tcTkB Rank 30 Con artist looks very cool and it looks like the Shield maiden has two small dinner plates covering her chest lol.

does any one have a hunter/archer companions on the preview server yet? if yes got any pics? how effective are they etc?
    edited January 2014
    futuun wrote: »
    Hey!

At last roll issues fixed :)

However I'm worried by new Bug in version NW.10.20140107a.3 Glade Stalker's Blades
    My blade on preview server looks like sh.. :mad:

The apparatus looks soooooo much better. Why isn't that one in game. sad face
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    does any one have a hunter/archer companions on the preview server yet? if yes got any pics? how effective are they etc?

There are no ranger companions currently in the game, either on the live server or the preview server.
  • stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    These are great and all, and I'm glad the Idris bug and loot roll were fixed, but now how about some class balance fixes? HR vines going through immunity, their reducing of cooldowns of encounters and even artifacts, pots, and soulforged. GWF animation cancelling and deep gash damage. These are the immediate fixes that are needed right now.
    edited January 2014
    stoxforum1 wrote: »
    These are great and all, and I'm glad the Idris bug and loot roll were fixed, but now how about some class balance fixes? HR vines going through immunity, their reducing of cooldowns of encounters and even artifacts, pots, and soulforged. GWF animation cancelling and deep gash damage. These are the immediate fixes that are needed right now.

The animation cancelling is a bug, but with your comment about deep gash you are just asking for a nerf.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its not a nerf, its a fix, because it does a lot more than the tooltip states it should do.

I'd also like to see a number of exploits fixed such as dungeon ones and the Devoted Cleric exploits (activating divinity after casting, High prophet endless stacking) and Hunter Ranger exploits (Storm Step Action, Stance switching)
  • shanawdithitshanawdithit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    There are no ranger companions currently in the game, either on the live server or the preview server.

ok thanks, i wasnt sure if they are testing them on the preview server or not yet...
  • stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The animation cancelling is a bug, but with your comment about deep gash you are just asking for a nerf.

Last I checked GWFs didn't have over 300,000 power. So it is a bug fix I am asking for. It didn't do that much in mod1 and even with buffs it's doing way more than it should.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    patch notes: "Feat: Deep Gash: This feat now benefits from Strength and other damage bonuses."

and how this bug 300000000000000000 of power did nothing more than equal the damage gwf (destroyer / dps) to the cw.

but assuming that is not a bug: the time of the preview we showed several logs on the bleed on the topic of feedback, I think neither of the two classes need suffer nerf.

ps:I edited to avoid discussion.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    great your fixing the "scolls" of fate can i please have my lsting fees back? :P

Also more importantly can u please fix the fact that my listed coffers of wondrous augmentation wont show up in AH searches?
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »

Wasn't the last charge rewards companion a female elf archer?
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Wasn't the last charge rewards companion a female elf archer?

Ok, one ranger companion. I'm assuming he meant the one in the pictures though which aren't ingame.
  • pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    any chance of a Come and Get it fix it don't all ways Give aow stack and it don't count as cc for trample of fallen(broken from like day 1)

Other issues ioun stone allune passive don't work slow never seems to prog

*Please don't beg for nerfs to classes, it causes flame wars*
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »
    any chance of a Come and Get it fix it don't all ways Give aow stack and it don't count as cc for trample of fallen(broken from like day 1)

Other issues ioun stone allune passive don't work slow never seems to prog

*Please don't beg for nerfs to classes, it causes flame wars*

Agree. To be honest, I'm a little upset of defending gwf. Not to mention the dismay of creating projections for the character.

So the question of which I'm afraid to know the answer is:

the deep gash is working as it should?

if yes, is it possible to change the text? I think this is the third most discussed topic at the moment, with the "sentinel iv that does not die" and the "kick" option.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tested Dagger Threat (Whisperknife feature) on Preview just now but can't make out whether it actually works or not.

Both on crit and noncrit, my Disheartening Strike seems to be more or less the exact same damage from 40' or 5' when Dagger Threat is maxed out to 3 points.

It also doesn't show up in the combat log, but I'm guessing thats normal.

Also, Razor Action (Whisperknife feature) doesn't seem capable of critting

----

GWF's Armor Specialization feat doesn't increase the total damage resistance calculated on the character sheet. Would be nice if it did :)
  • trohkarrtrohkarr Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    stoxforum1 wrote: »

You are sadly mistaken with Deep Gash sir. It is working like intended. -- > http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1055571

"Feat: Deep Gash: This feat now benefits from Strength and other damage bonuses.
    Feat: Deep Gash: This feat no longer incorrectly ignores damage reduction from armor and deflection."

They only need to fix the tooltip, since it is still showing the same text from pre module 2.
    edited January 2014
    Even with Strength and Damage bonuses it still does more than 15% of power (+bonuses) over 5 seconds.

Primarily because 15% over 5 seconds = 3% per second, not 15% every second

Also, the fact that it does different damage based on which attack it originated from suggests there's there is something else wrong as well.
This discussion has been closed.