test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think Neverwinter is Trying to Be?

2»

Comments

• dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To me many aspect of this game feel like a Frankenstein. The only think i like about this game is the combat, which is also the reason why i like DDO.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »
    You have ilterally unlimited content with the Foundry, and it's still not enough? Sorry to say it, but there will never be enough PvE content for you. Ever. In any game thorughout history.

0 rewards, 99% amateur content, limited tools for the creators, no PvP.

So... why Foundry?
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What did I say about flaming other people's posts you lot? :mad:
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The OP was trying to analyze this:
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    So since asking the developers directly in a forum post is against the rules (if I remember correctly) I'll ask all of you. What type of direction do you think Neverwinter is taking right now?

Is it going the pure PvE route? (otherwise known as D&D Online)
    Is it going the generic route? (too many examples to name)
    Is it going the PvP and PvE mixed route (otherwise known as the Guild Wars 1 route...I choose to believe GW2 doesn't exist)
    Is it going down a route I haven't named? (like Fury...yeah I bet none of you remember that one)

That aside here's the productive part, what route do you want it to take?

Here's mine:

I personally think that Neverwinter is trying to go down the PvP and PvE route but isn't quite making it. They're stumbling around trying to figure out how to balance the game, fix the bugs, and on top of it all add more PvE. I'm not sure how closely they're listening to us on the forums but if it's even a small amount then they have a ton of suggestions to sort through and figure out the order for. To the point it's currently down a really twisty road which is fun but'll get you car sick if you're on it too long.

I'd like for Neverwinter to go down the PvP and PvE mixed route perfectly. I'd love to see a variety of arenas and various forms of PvP so that I never get bored in the endgame. I still hope that Cryptic can improve the storyline in PvE (as in give it more replay value) alongside any new additions to PvP. I want to have fun both leveling my character and having my character at max level.
    and my answer regarding PvP or PvE future:
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    PvP offers currently. 5vs5 PvP and Gauntlgrym. Developers has stated that during this year sooner or later PvP will get a major update. There is no information what it could be perhaps a new area different then Gauntlgrym and/or new form of PvP example Capture the Flag.

Personally I would love to have Capture the Flag or a nice big outworld map like Alterac Valley 40vs40 in WOW. That said I take happily any new content I get to PvP.

PvE: Well we got the BOON grinding that is not my favorite part and huge time consuming. However I do like the Dungeons and Valindras Tower, Malabog Castle, Castle Never etc.

I think this game takes turns like waves.... next update will very likely focus on PvP, but it could be mixed zone(compare Gauntlgrym). The update after that will likely focus on PvE again.

Now regarding economy this game is very challenging. I am 100% free player. I don't have any rank 10 enchants. I do have a couple of rank 9 and many rank 8 enchants. My casual real life friend sticks to what his budget can afford so rank 5-6 enchants. Oh and my alts(not my main) have cheaper enchants rank 5-6 mostly.

As always there are happy customers and dissatisfied customers. It was quite recently there was amazing 60% discount of NPC companions and after that they reduced more or less permanently prices though not so much as the temporary 60% discount.
    I have 6 character slots and the reason I have so many is actually that I decided to get 2 more when one weekend they had discount instead of 500 ZEN if I remember correctly it cost like 300 ZEN during that weekend.

I have fastest available horse mount AD traded to 2500 ZEN. No I don't get everything I want so I don't get rank 10 enchants and I must admit that the Unicorn mount looks very beautiful and cool and Tiger mount is also more cool then my armored horse. However it is in like in real life. I book to 2-3 stars hotels and some people book 4-5 stars hotels. There is nothing wrong to pay for what you want and I respect also those players. My casual real life friend that is a free player will perhaps earn his armored horse mount during 2014 and at least he seems very determined to do it and slowly gets more ZEN. It could also happen that my friend decides to pay with real money a mount at some point and if he does that he will absolutely remain my friend and I respect him regardless what he decides to do.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You have ilterally unlimited content with the Foundry, and it's still not enough? Sorry to say it, but there will never be enough PvE content for you. Ever. In any game thorughout history.

When I play I still want new items/gear or lvl up the ones I have so I can compete in PvP. Doing Foundry gives nothing at all.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Unless you are doing a fey blessing farming map there is zero reward for ever stepping into a foundry.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Unless you are doing a fey blessing farming map there is zero reward for ever stepping into a foundry.

other than being entertained from someone else's creativity? i'm going to assume that you haven't seen some of the fantastic work that exists in the foundry. with the daily or the foundry xp bonus schedule, it's not exactly epic gear but it's not exactly nothing.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    other than being entertained from someone else's creativity? i'm going to assume that you haven't seen some of the fantastic work that exists in the foundry. with the daily or the foundry xp bonus schedule, it's not exactly epic gear but it's not exactly nothing.

There is also no challenge. Even running ones flagged group content, or scaling content for 5 people like the arena of calimport quest. I have not seen one that could kill me. If you can't die, and it has poor rewards, the only thing it could have is a story, but if I want that I have a nook. Now if they could make a foundry that had a snowballs chance in ____ of killing me. It would be a different story.
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    Foundry here we go again and this time let me say honest truth. Honestly I have lost my interest in Foundry content at least temporary until I have finished of boons for my max level characters.

Foundrys greatest asset comes for me and many other powergamers an alternative way to level up a character(and dayly AD rewards while doing it). As it is it very good way to do it I like a mix of quest areas and then every now and then Foundry. I have a level 5 Ranger. Sooner or later I have finished boons with all my 3 max level characters and then I start more levelling my level 5 character.

Shortly said generally BEST PvE content for me is NOT Foundry(except rarely 4,5 or 5 star adventures that are equal to best Dungeons for me). I like more Dungeons period though of course it is subjective taste. Don't tell me that I have not tried playing Foundry content. I have tried more then 100 adventures. Of all creators out there only one earned full 5 star from me though I had a list of many 4 and 4,5 stars adventures.

That creator of 5 star Neverwinter adventure(in my taste) was a creator from original Neverwinter Nights. Do you know that Neverwinter Nights the original had so hard learning curve in creating it suggested that you are expert programmer if you start creating? I mean many of Neverwinter Nights creators were truly smart and talented and it took a lot of effort.

Anyway it is hard for Foundry creators I do understand since Neverwinter is so limited in freedom what you can create. Look at Skyrim it has mods for 100% nude content. If we forget about eyecandy then how about freedom to create more new texture maps for world terrain etc. As I have understood as it is much more restricted in Neverwinter.

Therefore generally Foundry has not delivered to me same satisfaction Neverwinter Nights community did. However it is a good start(and much easier and less time consuming to create adventures then in Neverwinter Nights) and I hope Neverwinter Foundry creators get more freedom to create in the future custom created content.
  • autechrelp5autechrelp5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a simple, easy to use MMO for the pesants mass's, with a low amount at will/encounter skillz so its easily ported to the consoles. multiplatforming, is the death of PC RPG's
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    What do I think Neverwinter is trying to be? I don't know. I don't think Neverwinter knows what it is trying to be. It has lost it's way since the original concept of being a online D&D co-op game. In it's conversion to a MMO it has had to try please a too diverse crowd of people in order to be a commercial success. I think it going to try and go down the hybrid PvE/PvP route. Something that is going to complicate the path of development is how successful D&D next (5th Ed.) will be, and the choices that are made on that success or failure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    elewyndyl wrote: »

Therefore generally Foundry has not delivered to me same satisfaction Neverwinter Nights community did. However it is a good start(and much easier and less time consuming to create adventures then in Neverwinter Nights) and I hope Neverwinter Foundry creators get more freedom to create in the future custom created content.

NWN was unique in that respect. The products developed and moderated by the community using the base game ended up being games which outlasted the original. I can't even imagine how incredibly good NWO would be if community developers had the same level of modding/hosting ability with nwo as they had with nwn.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What do I think Neverwinter is trying to be? I don't know. I don't think Neverwinter knows what it is trying to be. It has lost it's way since the original concept of being a online D&D co-op game. In it's conversion to a MMO it has had to try please a too diverse crowd of people in order to be a commercial success. I think it going to try and go down the hybrid PvE/PvP route. Something that is going to complicate the path of development is how successful D&D next (5th Ed.) will be, and the choices that are made on that success or failure.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if the developers just said "Screw it! Back to 3.5"
    edited January 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    NWN was unique in that respect. The products developed and moderated by the community using the base game ended up being games which outlasted the original. I can't even imagine how incredibly good NWO would be if community developers had the same level of modding/hosting ability with nwo as they had with nwn.
    Yes persistent Online worlds. Actually that creator that I mentioned has in addition to adventure modules also been part of creating a Persistent Online World. I played many months on such a World.

Anyway Persistent Online player hosted Worlds is not realistic wish. I can not see how it would fit into Perfect World thinking since money control is important to them. All I wish that could be done is that creators could get more freedom to create custom created content that are valid inside instance adventures so called Foundry adventures. I also like PvP. It would be nice if players could create PvP maps.