Install Arc
Options

Keep fishing in the game!

13»

Comments

• Options
    holiferholifer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I too really want fishing continued in the game.

Mining would also be great, always loved mining.

( Probably wouldn't if I had to do it for a living :p )
  • Options
    xycatxycat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    +1

Yes, keep fishing! But perhaps develop it a bit more. :)
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Only caught the end of the winter event/fishing but would be nice for the fishing to stay in game somehow but more fleshed out:)
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I didn't come to Neverwinter to play runescape, we've already got a runescape. It's called Runescape.

Have I mentioned that Neverwinter needs to cut off this particular limb before it grows nerve endings?
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Oh man I'm still seeing those holes in the ice in my dreams......
  • Options
    khalith01khalith01 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2014
    If you do bring back fishing please make it the day 1 incarnation before the "fix." I enjoyed being able to sit there and look around the zone mashing my F-key, no need to run around, no mobs to fight, no despawning pools, it was absolutely perfect as it was. If fishing is to come back I hope it's in that incarnation on the first day of the festival. Not the one after that made me stop fishing entirely.

The skeletons were incredibly annoying, I would have ignored the different quality pools as well if the white ones didn't despawn.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    khalith01 wrote: »
    If you do bring back fishing please make it the day 1 incarnation before the "fix." I enjoyed being able to sit there and look around the zone mashing my F-key, no need to run around, no mobs to fight, no despawning pools, it was absolutely perfect as it was. If fishing is to come back I hope it's in that incarnation on the first day of the festival. Not the one after that made me stop fishing entirely.

The skeletons were incredibly annoying, I would have ignored the different quality pools as well if the white ones didn't despawn.

The skeletons and disappearing fishing holes were actually there to prevent botting.

• Options
    khalith01khalith01 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2014
    The skeletons and disappearing fishing holes were actually there to prevent botting.

I know "why" they did it. Doesn't mean I like it or that I won't leave my own feedback that it was perfectly fine as is before the "fix."
  • Options
    alderonthemasteralderonthemaster Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not difficult to implement a collect system because it already exists in the game. The only problem is that it provides items for all professions at the same time, even if you do not possess them. It is not so difficult to create a deposit for each profession. There are already 5 (nature= alchemy; Dungeoneering = Leadership; Thievery = Leatherworking; Arcane = Artificing; Religion = Tailoring).
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    +1 for fishing as a profession :) great low stress time waster but lets lower the spawn rates for those skeletons!
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not difficult to implement a collect system because it already exists in the game. The only problem is that it provides items for all professions at the same time, even if you do not possess them. It is not so difficult to create a deposit for each profession. There are already 5 (nature= alchemy; Dungeoneering = Leadership; Thievery = Leatherworking; Arcane = Artificing; Religion = Tailoring).
    Not that I don't agree with the general idea,but why are religion kits supposed to give tailoring materials?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Lots of ideas :)
    Any $ coming out of any of them ? No - not good idea :D
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    Lots of ideas :)
    Any $ coming out of any of them ? No - not good idea :D

What a waste of a post...
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Then they need to come up with an anti-botting measure that isn't an annoyance to those playing next time then. Even something as simple as having the skeletons drop something useful would have reduced the irritation.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    A skill check should be involved, like it is with Skill Nodes. Maybe when the fish bites you would have a 2 seconds interval in which you would press F to pull the fish out of the water or else the fish gets away. Bait should be something that you buy or find. Just a few thoughts.

It should be fun, but what would be the use of fishing? What would you get from fising?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Personally I liked the Twilight Run much more. So if we going to keep an event from Winter Festival, I'd rather it be a steeplechase type event than the fishing derby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bigdan2011bigdan2011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fishing would be amazing..