What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Festival - More Rewards!

Comments

• dadapawadadapawa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so now that we are at the Zenith, I am less then impressed

EXPECTATIONS - what I was hoping for for the zenith period

Stars from trade bar vendor - YAY! (only real useful thing from zenith, IF they ever get them in the actual store)

Double the lights from turning in fish - FAIL!

Add profession task to send worker out to just gather lights - FAIL! (was in Summer Event)

Add another item to the Star Store allowing people to turn in unused stars for a bag of lights - FAIL! (was in Summer Event)

So out of the 4 things I had hopes of they did 1 - Seriously let down by second part of the event......

you like to double post? :P (on diff tread, but still xD)

But I need to agree... seems like there is a lot of stuff in the winterfest event, but most of it is... useless or not used (emblem etc)
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the stars at the tarmalune bar trader issue has been reported to the CMs so hopefully that will be resolved soon. thanks for all the reports!

Ok, well what about this part:

"You can now get your fortune multiple times a day,"

Has that been reported?
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • golddragon13golddragon13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Motes of light can be ultimately crafted into gems suitable for refining enchantments, AND they can be sold, so What is the issue here?

Doubled fish isnt working, so....
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    luthyrr wrote: »
    Okay where is the bar guy hiding the stars?!!!

I couldn't find them either and the Fortune teller told me to go to the mayor who said come back in 11 hours.
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I couldn't find them either and the Fortune teller told me to go to the mayor who said come back in 11 hours.

Yeah same, guess since it isn't with the tarmalune vendor we shouldn't be expecting to get the fortunes multiple times a day yet either.
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
    edited January 2014
    Seems like it... and I doupt they will extend the event, even if the prob come from their end :P (or a second kind of bs they did for companion sales?! :D maybe we all should wait for the last minute :P)
  • bryan1963bryan1963 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Certainly everything is in.. maybe restart the server to make the changes go in? or a re-patch of the patch? do i smell emergency maintenance perhaps?
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't they usually have to patch the game for updates like this? Since there was no patch, I'm guessing this was all baked in from the start. Stars not being available from trade bars then might be something they broke when they patched the trade-bar related bug that was in the in the initial Winter Festival release.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dadapawa wrote: »
    you like to double post? :P (on diff tread, but still xD)

But I need to agree... seems like there is a lot of stuff in the winterfest event, but most of it is... useless or not used (emblem etc)

I posted this here also because at this point I am pretty sure the Devs have stopped reading the other one, if they ever read it, since nothing was addressed that was talked about in it. This being a lot fewer pages gives me a sliver of hope that a Dev might actually read it, and as unlikely as it is, do something about it!
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Motes of light can be ultimately crafted into gems suitable for refining enchantments, AND they can be sold, so What is the issue here?

Doubled fish isnt working, so....

The issue is that many of us have far too many light pods and not enough time to convert them all into gems. Unless the devs decide to allow us to continue this simril crafting profession year round????????????????????????????
  • nonnie190nonnie190 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I started crafting Faintly Glowing Citrine on the Gateway site, its now a Resplendent Citrine and is taking HOURS instead of 15 minutes. I don't see that gem in the crafting menu and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At this point, I do not want them to do anything with light pods.

I held onto them to see what new things might be added, and earlier today I sold everything off. ~1500 light pods at 5 CP each gone and not coming back.

For them to decide now that they are going to add more would be unfair to me and people like me, I think.

The Zenith may not be everything that some of you wanted it to be, but it's not on Cryptic that some people decided that they would be rewarding double lights for turning in fish or whatever.

Heck, I would have liked to have seen something more, and certainly something to do with all of those rings of light and winterkill emblems, but we have what we have, and they didn't promise more than we got as far as I can tell.

Except for maybe the whole "multiple stars a day" thing, which was not reflected in the timer I saw after running that mission earlier.
    edited January 2014
    Except for maybe the whole "multiple stars a day" thing, which was not reflected in the timer I saw after running that mission earlier.

Well... I hope its just like the vendor and god nows what, it might just not be working yet. hope they fix that... NOW xD otherwise, there will be less than 6 days left for its usefullness
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I retract one of my earlier complaints:

Set to go live tonite after maintinence

Winter Festival's Zenith
    Stars of Fortune may now properly be purchased at the Trade Bar Vendor in Protector's Enclave. Get them while supplies last - They'll be vanishing a week after the Winter Festival ends!

Players may now redeem a Star of Fortune for a Shower of Lights, worth 220 Lights of Simril, at the Light of Simril vendor in Twilight Tor.

Well played sir, well played!

Also they mention the multiple star mission thing - seems it isn't working right so they had to disable it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nonnie190 wrote: »
    I started crafting Faintly Glowing Citrine on the Gateway site, its now a Resplendent Citrine and is taking HOURS instead of 15 minutes. I don't see that gem in the crafting menu and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

When you are making a recipe in the light crafting, you can't view it because it's not available (unless you can view on an alt). This one was added today and the gem gives 500 refining points instead of 25 (and uses accordingly more stuff).

If you don't want to make it, you can cancel (upper right corner of task on overview) and your materials will be refunded.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • purplegrrrlpurplegrrrl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Also they mention the multiple star mission thing - seems it isn't working right so they had to disable it.

They did? Where? I saw no mention of the broken multiple horoscope mission in the patch notes. And frankly, this really sucks for those of us who have no Tradebars. "The cake is a lie." :-(
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At this point, I do not want them to do anything with light pods.

I held onto them to see what new things might be added, and earlier today I sold everything off. ~1500 light pods at 5 CP each gone and not coming back.

Who bought your light pods? was it someone with a funny name? The only way I can think of to get some use out of them is to have 50 characters refining them 24/7 until the festival is over.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They did? Where? I saw no mention of the broken multiple horoscope mission in the patch notes. And frankly, this really sucks for those of us who have no Tradebars. "The cake is a lie." :-(

It was in one o0f the other threads. And in addition on the news post that now has a nice strikethru over that portion.
  • xdaftydudexxdaftydudex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aswome, can't wait
    edited January 2014
    giggliato wrote: »
    Who bought your light pods? was it someone with a funny name? The only way I can think of to get some use out of them is to have 50 characters refining them 24/7 until the festival is over.

A vendor bought them, for 5 coppers each.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They are updating the game so that everything they said will work, though they did mention that the multiple fortunes thing was not working as it should so they made it better. It does suck that those people without trade bars are stuck out, but they are trying to make the game as fair as possible for everyone. I would like to see a few more things like real apparel (ie shirts, trousers, and hats like in the summer festival) , but I like the changes. As far as the double lights? I have received such during the events. 15 lights instead of 9 for copper bracket and 30 instead of 15 in the silver. Not sure about gold as I have yet to score that high :D
  • drrowdrrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is it fair to giving more lights ? What about ppl who farmed them hard on the beginning ?
    edited January 2014
    drrow wrote: »
    Is it fair to giving more lights ? What about ppl who farmed them hard on the beginning ?

The in-game calendar description has always said there would be bonus lights for the final week of the event.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• drrowdrrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The in-game calendar description has always said there would be bonus lights for the final week of the event.
    Thats not true.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    drrow wrote: »
    Thats not true.

Yes it is true , where did you think people got the idea that there would be bonus lights?This has been on the in game calendar since at least the beginning of November .
    zenithnotifification_zpse559a4bd.jpg
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Soooo lame. My power was out for 6 days last week from an ice storm, so I'm pretty much screwed as far as the mimic. Then they tell me I'll be able to get a few extra stars by getting to do the fortune quest a few more times, got excited....then they tell me it's broken, they cant fix it, but I can spend $20 to get the extra stars I will need.......REALLY?

How about letting us turn in 220 lights for a star? Eh? Please?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nap1985 wrote: »
    Soooo lame. My power was out for 6 days last week from an ice storm, so I'm pretty much screwed as far as the mimic. Then they tell me I'll be able to get a few extra stars by getting to do the fortune quest a few more times, got excited....then they tell me it's broken, they cant fix it, but I can spend $20 to get the extra stars I will need.......REALLY?

How about letting us turn in 220 lights for a star? Eh? Please?

Within a few days the mimic will be super cheap on the AH with everybody either turning trade bars for stars or non payers finally getting to the 18 day mark on multiple accounts , I'd be surprised if they don't drop to the low thousands for a while. Having to pay isn't as good as getting it free but at least you shouldn't have to pay too much for one.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    giggliato wrote: »
    A vendor bought them, for 5 coppers each.

Exactly that.

I couldn't imagine any player wanting to buy them, so I just dumped them on a vendor.
    edited January 2014
    They are updating the game so that everything they said will work, though they did mention that the multiple fortunes thing was not working as it should so they made it better. It does suck that those people without trade bars are stuck out, but they are trying to make the game as fair as possible for everyone.

How does not delivering on something that was promised make it better? How do the changes make it more fair for everyone? What's fair is giving people the option of *either* spending real-world money to get extra Stars *or* spending more in-game time farming (i.e. doing the horoscope quest multiple times per day). And how difficult is it, really, to change the quest timer? Seems more like a blatant cash grab to me. And very unfair to those of us on tight budgets who don't have extra money to throw into the game. :-\
    edited January 2014
    rapticor wrote: »
    It was in one o0f the other threads. And in addition on the news post that now has a nice strikethru over that portion.

Yeah, I saw it, thanks. Not buying the "it wasn't working so we had to disable" line, though.