test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 1-2-14, 10PM PST

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance this evening at 10PM PST (when is that in your time zone?) to correct an issue with the Winter Festival Zenith.

After tonight's maintenance, you'll be able to exchange Stars of Fortune at the Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant in Protector's Enclave and be able to purchase Lights of Simril with Stars of Fortune.

Originally, we intended for players to be able to receive multiple buffs per day. However, that feature was not working correctly as the blog post went live earlier today, so we had to disable it. Again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and hope you continue to enjoy the event update and new items.

Estimated downtime is 90 minutes, and patch notes are available here.

Thank you! :)

Update 1 (10:00PM PST): Scheduled maintenance has begun!
Update 2 (10:45PM PST): Maintenance is ongoing. Thanks for your patience!
Update 3 (11:00PM PST): Maintenance is complete, ahead of schedule! Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    Still nothing more to do with the globes and shields?
  • Options
    skippymcjuniorskippymcjunior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I looked in the Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant's store and didn't find any stars of fortune. Is this a bug or what?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I looked in the Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant's store and didn't find any stars of fortune. Is this a bug or what?

They are getting added in tonight's maintenance.

Still nothing more to do with the globes and shields?

Even just some way to trade them for Lights of Simril would have been better than nothing , well look on the bright side , at least we have enough globes and shields for the next 10 years worth of Christmas events ....
  • Options
    skippymcjuniorskippymcjunior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Scratch that. I just saw a post by the devs about it. Nevermind
  • Options
    konariraidenkonariraiden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't wait for the patch! Until then, ALL THE FISHING! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Options
    yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is this the 3rd time in a row you are doing a second maintenance after a maintenance? At least they're short ones so no biggie.
  • Options
    nukita9nukita9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't understand something , Winter event started 19th of December , today is 15th day u can get Stars of Fortune , it is because you can't trade them yet before next patch . So how is it possible that already 2 players put Frost Mimic worth 18 Stars of Fortune on AH ? Where did they get those 3 missing Stars ?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nukita9 wrote: »
    I don't understand something , Winter event started 19th of December , today is 15th day u can get Stars of Fortune , it is because you can't trade them yet before next patch . So how is it possible that already 2 players put Frost Mimic worth 18 Stars of Fortune on AH ? Where did they get those 3 missing Stars ?

I got told the stars were on sale in the trade bar store by mistake earlier in the event and got removed.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok. So effectively multiple Stars per day is off the table right?

Combined with the Lights/Stars-trade the Zenith would have finally lived up to its name. So it's one big bag of meh.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol who would want to trade stars for lights?
    lights are ez to get.. 220?? pff can get that in 1hr now.
    stars = only 1/day.

rofl
  • Options
    brozajbrozaj Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    until what time? :(
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    stars = only 1/day.

rofl

Those of us with 1000's of trade bars that can now get 30,000 lights in 10 minutes... rofl
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    stars = only 1/day.

I agree. However I am getting the mimic companion. So I will have 3-4 stars leftover. May as well get something for them. I haven't come close to 3,200 lights on some of my characters though and doubt I will. I'll just sit on them until next year and get the fawn companion then. I sure am not going to pay 400k+ for something I'd never use but I do like to collect them.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I didn't get to check... Were you going to do anything with the Dwarf telling stories in the
    graveyard area of T.Tor? Area kinda seemed 'dead'. ;)

Tho the ski jump is pretty fun for a non-event.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    I didn't get to check... Were you going to do anything with the Dwarf telling stories in the
    graveyard area of T.Tor? Area kinda seemed 'dead'. ;)

I saw him near the standing stones area... thought it was odd that there wasn't anything going on there, either...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dadapawadadapawa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Originally, we intended for players to be able to receive multiple buffs per day. However, that feature was not working correctly as the blog post went live earlier today, so we had to disable it.

So If I understand right... we were suppose to be able to get more than 1 star a day, but since it dosnt seems to work, you simply disabled it?... so... no extra stars? ... so ... wth is the zenith for than? :D (not that most of the increased stuff from zenith is... quite disappointing, but ... well yea, its disappointing) Extra stars was probably the only "ok" thing there was xD

PS: Im not mad at you (Cryptic), just that I kinda wonder how you guys deal whit your players?

"There, take 3 chocolate cookies. Oh wait, sorry they arnt chocolate cookies but raisin cookies. Sorry for the mistake *take back the cookies* now, there, take 1 raisin cookie :)"
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »

How do you get onto the jump? I saw a video of someone doing the jump but it did not show how to get up there.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    brozaj wrote: »
    until what time? :(
    Maintenance is scheduled to conclude around 12:00 am (midnight) Pacific.
    We will be performing shard maintenance on January 2nd from 10:00PM -12:00 PST (0600-0800 UTC January 3rd).

• Options
    bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited January 2014
    You guys sure are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up a lot lately. Don't mean to sound negative, but cmon and get it together, seriously!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dadapawa wrote: »
    "There, take 3 chocolate cookies. Oh wait, sorry they arnt chocolate cookies but raisin cookies. Sorry for the mistake *take back the cookies* now, there, take 1 raisin cookie :)"

Oh man I hate oatmeal raisin cookies trying to pass themselves off as chocolate chip!
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    they were 20 for summer event if i remember

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yet another scheduled maintenance? I though they were scheduled only once a week.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    they were 20 for summer event if i remember

You are correct.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Yet another scheduled maintenance? I though they were scheduled only once a week.
    . . .Scheduled Maintenance is whenever it is scheduled. Their is typically one scheduled every Thursday morning. Tonight's was scheduled earlier this evening to correct some issues.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, let's play the Gateway swordcoast game, as the regular game is having a scheduled maintenance. Oh but no, the gateway is also having a maintenance.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok, let's play the Gateway swordcoast game, as the regular game is having a scheduled maintenance. Oh but no, the gateway is also having a maintenance.

Yes it would be too cool if the servers were different and there was different maintenance times so we could do just that.
  • Options
    digitalzoidbergdigitalzoidberg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm late to the winter event due to just joining the game but that "multiple stars per day" part made me very happy, so it's a bummer that it didn't work out. No complaints, stuff happens, just my two cents. Hope everything goes well with the patch.
  • Options
    jgraham7897jgraham7897 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Really wish they would have added a crafting recipe for stars since the more than one a day is not working.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    . . .Unfortunately, the Gateway calls for information from the game's server. So naturally, when the game server is down, so too will the Gateway be down. Yeah, I am sad too for this but it is to be expected.
This discussion has been closed.