test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Feedback: Direct3D and DirectX Errors

Comments

• Options
    delushindelushin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also getting errors relating to DX mine is:

"Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) While creating a render target view"

i7 2600K @ 4.8
    GTX 580 sli
    16gig Ripjaws
    SSD
    Win7

I have to start the game in safe mode regardless of what settings I select and then boost everything up, then the game will run fantastically until I quit and reload without safe mode then I crash and hang to the point where I cant even screenshot as I have to restart. This is still happening even with the latest drivers or a roll back 2 stages.
    "He who never fell, has never climbed"
    - Unknown
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have had many crashes mostly just protectors which always seems to be swarming with people seems to happen when theres alot of spider mounts around, my wife has also experienced significant lag when there has just been 1 spider mount near her
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    mlibecap1mlibecap1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello I played this game on a level 10 control wizard and it crashes every time I am in protectors enclave and it wont let me leave because i cant make it to the gate can you please help me my computer specs are:
    Intel Core 2 Processors
    2046 MB Ram
    Windows Vista
    Please and Thank you
    Redic
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cathgar,

I've made a fix for one instance of the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED problem. It may be a complete fix, but usually we see this error only long after the problem that actually caused it, so I'm not sure if there are other root causes still waiting to be found. The fix will not be released for a while, unfortunately.

We've found the root of the problem for some UI textures flashing solid color for a frame (if that's what you're seeing) and that's been fixed. I guess in this case I'm not certain there are other similar bugs remaining, but I don't think so. I'm also not sure of the release timing for this bug.

Dave
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reilz1981,

We're working on the E_OUTOFMEMORY problems. You could try reducing your character texutres detail settings (particularly when in Protector's Enclave).

mlibecap1,

Tour forum post doesn't contain enough information for me to really comment on it, but I assume you are getting the same E_OUTOFMEMORY crash. You should really post the Cryptic Error ID or a screenshot of the error message if you'd like to know the status of your problems, or we just have to guess.

Dave
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mortarrkang,

Thanks for the report!

Can you please send me your DXDiag?

Dave
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hithereyou wrote: »
    reilz1981,

We're working on the E_OUTOFMEMORY problems. You could try reducing your character texutres detail settings (particularly when in Protector's Enclave).

mlibecap1,

Tour forum post doesn't contain enough information for me to really comment on it, but I assume you are getting the same E_OUTOFMEMORY crash. You should really post the Cryptic Error ID or a screenshot of the error message if you'd like to know the status of your problems, or we just have to guess.

Dave

Im getting this out of memory error to. I also seem to get random crashes at al areas but i get a crash every 1-2 minutes in protectors enclave. Ill try the player texture setting in a min. I posted this though because i dont have an option anywhere in trouble shooting to switch to directx 9 which i want to try since im running windows vista 32bit and it only supports up to directx 10.5

Edit: reducing graphic sliders and charactrr textures to the lowest setting seems to fix the issue for me, or st least give me more time beteen crashes. Was happening every 1-2minutes and i was just in PE for at least that long with no issue. Kind of anoying to change graphics but better than crashing. Looks like ill be building a new pc sooner than expected.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    mikacymikacy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

I am getting this problem

Fatal error:unable to create DirectX render device! One of the following may help you resolve this sissue:restart,update video or contact technical support,

technical details"Direct3DCreate9Ex(D3D_SDK_VERSION=0x20)failed.GetLastError()=0. The operation completed succesfully

Actually what is the problem?
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Blackmoon,

I believe I've managed to find the error report for the crash you're experiencing (E_FAIL while resetting the device). It's something I'm working on, but I don't have an ETA on a fix, partially because I can't repro it, so I'm making some speculative changes to the engine. Does it happen randomly, or just when using fullscreen modes?

Dave

I hate speculative changes....it always introduces new anomalies!!!!!!

What your team should do is purchase new gfx ards and mobos with different chipsets over time and use those to try and reproduce and test patches and fixes and issues if you don't do that already.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    After seeing folks chatting about how you could enable d3d11, I did so and the game ran fine. I logged off for the night a bit later; today, after logging in to the launcher and pressing "Play," got two pop-up boxes in a row (both with the same message):

Couldn't create D3D device. D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)

I am using Direct X 11 on a AMD ATI 7570

This was followed by a third pop-up box with the prompt of

If I click on the "Options" on the launcher and select "Safe Mode," then I am able to launch the game without a crash. However, I have to manually readjust my windowed mode, screen resolution, etc again. I've given it permission to verify the files and even selected "Force verify" from the same Options menu, but it doesn't appear to actually do anything ("Patching" does appear under the shard select window, and the button says "Cancel" instead of "Play," but there's no other indication of a verification process.)

EDIT: I thought I had already swapped it back to d3d9 mode, but I hadn't; having done so, it no longer crashes

I am using Direct X 11 on a AMD ATI 7570 for in game settings with no issues.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mlibecap1 wrote: »
    Hello I played this game on a level 10 control wizard and it crashes every time I am in protectors enclave and it wont let me leave because i cant make it to the gate can you please help me my computer specs are:
    Intel Core 2 Processors
    2046 MB Ram
    Windows Vista
    Please and Thank you
    Redic

Your CPU means nothing how about what gfx card you are using!!
  • Options
    mikacymikacy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    anyone can solve my problem?posted yesterday.thanks
  • Options
    dirkdiggler80dirkdiggler80 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    reilz1981,

mlibecap1,

Dave

hithereyou / Dave,

I'm getting this E_OUTOFMEMORY crash consistently when I beam down to New Romulus (Ticket 25664044). Let me know if I can help with any debugging or testing of engineering codes.

LChu
  • Options
    ididitfortehlulzididitfortehlulz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) While creating index buffer.

Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887 a0006
  • Options
    besmit1besmit1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    /newattachment.php?do=manageattach[/IMG]rfectworld.com/newattachment.php?do=manageattach

someone knows what it is?? plxxx

i dont know why it happnes?

thx
  • Options
    imbrifer0imbrifer0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am currently getting this error when trying to run Neverwinter in safe mode (it just crashes on the Origin screen if not in safe mode):

"Fatal Error: Unable to create DirectX render device! One of the following may help you resolve this issue: restart your computer, ensure your video drivers are up to date, contact technical support.

Technical Details: Direct3DCreate9Ex(D3D_SDK_VERSION=0x20) failed. GetLastError() = 0 "The operation completed successfully."

I have a Radeon HD 6900 and I have restarted, reinstalled the game 4 times, updated DirectX, and update my drivers. Still no dice. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    tedebearnctedebearnc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I started having crashing issues on the 12/30 after the game all of a sudden decided to start in windowed mode instead of fullscreen for some odd reason. While trying to sort that out the game at one point only displayed in one quarter of the screen. I finally went into the gamepref file and manually set it to fullscreen to force it to start in fullscreen again. Later that day I crashed once. Yesterday I crashed multiple times while I was in the Tower District. Here's the two errors I've seen:

(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating texture.

Technical Details: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED while creating 2D
    texture size 256 x 256 (9 mips, RTEX_DXT5, usage 4, Mgd Y, GS N)D3D11
    Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating a render target view.

Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

I've been spending most of my time in Twilight Tor fishing on my HR and have had no problems there except low fps sometimes. Once I took my TR to the Tower District though I started having issues. I don't recall where I was the first time it crashed, maybe Protector's Enclave or it could've been in Twilight Tor. I didn't really pay attention as I thought it was an isolated incident at the time.
  • Options
    noruinithnoruinith Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello, I am getting this error when starting the game.

Couldn't create D3D device. D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)

Could you help me please? I do not have a clue what to do to fix it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    noruinith wrote: »

I am curently using Direct X 11, which should be the right version for Windows Vista with service packs.
    Also Gw2, Rift and Tera was running just fine so I am surprised Neverwinter does not even start.
    When I chose to log in with lower setting option, game started with black screen and I did not see anything.

Thank you for any suggestion.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    noruinith wrote: »

I was browsing internet and this is official response from Crypic in case it could help somebody.

Originally posted by Crypic Tech Support:
    Hello!

Please try the following and see if they help resolve your issue.

In the Launcher, go to Options and check 'Disable On-Demand' patching. See if this works.

You can then try to 'Force-Verify' to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.

You can also try to run in Safe Mode as well.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Stop any processes that may be interfering with the networking and causing issues with your connection.

Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster. You may also need to close programs such as Teamviewer.

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.

If the above does not work, please respond with answers to the following:

1) What exactly did you try from the above, and what were the results? (If you have tried them already, let us know exactly which you have tried)

Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

I did advices from above, but it did not help (veryfing data, safe mode, lower setting, firewall, defender, antivirus, start-up programs, actualizations). It shows note suggesting that my graphic card driver may not be actual but if I manualy actualize the driver it says my graphic card driver has latest most compatible version.
    I am not very aware about my current graphic cards abilities as it was changed few months ago because old one simply passed out, but it runs Guild wars 2 fine so I guess it is still quite decent one.

My system values are:

Operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate
    Processor: Inter(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9100 @ 3.06GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 3036 RAM
    DirectX: 11
    Graphic card: ATI Mobility FireGL V5725
    Total graphic memory: 1514 MB
    Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Main driver: atidxx32.dll, atidxx64, atiumdag.
    Driver version: 7.15.0010.0149

(DrirectDraw: Yes, Direct3D: Yes, AGP: Yes)
  • Options
    xenbrexenbre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DVICE_REMOVED) while
    creating a texture.

Technical Details: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED while creating 2D texture size 194 x 38
    (1 mips, RTEX_BGRA_U*, usage 4, Mgd Y, GS N)D3D11 Device removed due to
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
  • Options
    strikefullstrikefull Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got this three times:
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating index buffer.
    Technical Details:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
    I installed the most current drivers for my graphics card. When the game crashes, my monitor will flash out a random color, mostly white, then, if I don't quit fast enough, it will slow all of the audio coming out of my PC and it locks my computer up.
    I've never experienced any situation like this before so I am quite confused. Any help would be appreciated. :)

managed to solve your problem with the video card playing neverwinter?
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got this three times:
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating index buffer.
    Technical Details:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
    I installed the most current drivers for my graphics card. When the game crashes, my monitor will flash out a random color, mostly white, then, if I don't quit fast enough, it will slow all of the audio coming out of my PC and it locks my computer up.
    I've never experienced any situation like this before so I am quite confused. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Yo if you find a way to fix your problem with white colors pls pm or mail me i have this problem too.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello this is the first time ever i´m writing in a Forum so please be Kind.
    I also have the fatal error: Direct 3D issue and have it temporarily fixed.
    To do this i raised the voltage for my graphics Card (gtx580 3gb zotac) with the MSI Afterburner for 0,025 V. Since doing this i have never experienced the error again. Starting with Standard voltage sooner or later leads to the error.
    The weird thing is that neverwinter online is the only game i have the issue, every other game works fine, nevermind if the Card is overclocked or running on Standard clocks. Please note that the Card is running on Standard clocks in neverwinter, nevertheless i have to raise the voltage.
    I hope i could be of some help to somebody.
  • Options
    aka8bitaka8bit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    imbrifer0 wrote: »
    I am currently getting this error when trying to run Neverwinter in safe mode (it just crashes on the Origin screen if not in safe mode):

"Fatal Error: Unable to create DirectX render device! One of the following may help you resolve this issue: restart your computer, ensure your video drivers are up to date, contact technical support.

Technical Details: Direct3DCreate9Ex(D3D_SDK_VERSION=0x20) failed. GetLastError() = 0 "The operation completed successfully."

I have a Radeon HD 6900 and I have restarted, reinstalled the game 4 times, updated DirectX, and update my drivers. Still no dice. Can anyone help?

I have been going through this same problem for the past two day's! I'm new to this posting stuff but i found a fix.
    -Go to the start menu
    -go to run
    -Type dxdiag
    -press enter
    (It will bring up a DirectX Diagnostic Tool)
    -go to display
    (It's a tab on top one the screen)

you will see "DirectX Features" with a enable and disable option for
    DirectDraw Acceleration.
    Direct3d Acceleration and
    APG Texture Acceleration
    Enable these options, and you should be good to go! ;) Hope This helps you, or anyone having this problem.
  • Options
    aka8bitaka8bit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Happy i get to play again!!
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited October 2014
    I have a new 8GB Windows 8.1 ASUS N550JK laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M (2GB Video RAM) and the latest drivers. If I go into the game menu and change the display settings to Fullscreen from a different mode (e.g. windowed mode etc.), it crashes the game with the message:

"Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_NOT_FOUND) while SetFullscreenState failed changing display mode.

Technical Details: 1366 X 768"

This happens in DX11, but has also happened in DX9.
  • Options
    oktaw01oktaw01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Здравствуйте! У меня возникла проблема с входом в игру Neverwinter.Пишет (Fatal Eror Unable to create DirectX render device....)
    DirectX 11 у меня последняя версия > Windows 7 .Что делать что-бы исправить подскажите?
  • Options
    duffehduckduffehduck Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey, since i tried dl-ing the game and running it, every time it starts running, after a few seconds it crashes and opens two windows :
    1. " CrypticError: Oops! . "
    2. "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

How can I fix it ?
  • Options
    duffehduckduffehduck Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    anyone knows ?