Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for new Foundry authors from a D&D veteran

2»

Comments

• Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't advocate ignoring lore. I love the lore and I have started to enjoy reading it again and using it but I say it still offers flexibility. And while I use the wiki a lot I should also point out that the wiki definition of lore and canon on FR might actually differ from that of the FR copyright holder.

And just because I advocate allowing creativity and tweaking at the edges is not the same as me saying anything goes. Things still have to work. Even if you erased all lore the things put in would still need to work. ;) Also, I bet there are folk that consider this game's mechanics as canon and could justify it in this version of FR - but if I want to use a Turn undead spell in my foundry and can justify it then I will. ;)

I don't want dragons rampaging through the foundry for upstarts (heroes), under the spell of Neverember, to use as canon-fodder but that doesn't mean that some thought shouldn't be given to incorporating them with budget limits, earned credits etc etc. Ofc, ultimately it might be decided that it won't work and it probably won't - but I'd still be happy for someone to try and do so.

Truth be, I just don't like it when people say 'no' or 'don't do it' or 'can't' when 'shouldn't, unless you can make it work' is more appropriate.

There, I'm all cleansed now.
  • Options
    liquefierliquefier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for this post great guidelines
  • Options
    malrocks1malrocks1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a lorehound for stuff, but honestly, it doesn't matter.

Just label your Foundry quest appropriately. "Silly quest, serious lore is not in here"; stuff like that.

If you don't, I'll review your quest appropriately regardless. "Does not remotely follow D&D lore, but kind of fun, 2 stars."