test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sword Coast Adventures stuck in dice roll

kentunekentune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I was at the dice roll screen in an adventure, and as I got the last die I needed to complete the battle, I clicked it but it didn't register. Now I'm stuck at a screen where it tells me to assign the die, but no die are selectable. I can't find a way to exit the battle and I can't find any way to proceed. Any suggestions?
Post edited by kentune on

Comments

• syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had a small blip like that happen and it just worked itself out. I don't know if logging in and out would fix it.

Best I got atm, sorry. Could be due to server load with so many people trying to get into SCA?
    contents to be decided
  • kentunekentune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, tried relogging, different browser, launching from in game, etc. Upgraded the rank of the companion in the battle too, no change. Was hoping there was an adventure timeout, but haven't hit one yet.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    SCA is bogged down and overloaded. Check it tomorrow morning when things have calmed bait. I'll bet it will all be worked out.
    edited December 2013
    SCA is still stuck waiting for me to select a die... here is a screenshot (didn't realize I didn't add this on the first post).

http://imgur.com/n6b2yI6
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hm... sounds like the process might need to be reset on their end or something? and I noticed its with the new Damaran Shepard as well (dunno if that has anything to do with it or not)
    contents to be decided
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I had this too. All I did to fix it was go to my inventory and then back to SCA. SCA saves your progress, so you can close the browser or go to another character or area of the Gateway and still come back where you left off. When I did this, the die was highlighted and clickable.
    edited December 2013
    I was hoping the patch last night would have reset it too... I've switched out from SCA in the gateway, logged out and back in, logged in on a different browser, and in a different PC. I've done everything short of discarding that companion and there has been no change. When I go back to SCA I'm presented with the screen in the screenshot every time.

Edit: What's unusual is it says there is a hit, but the only remaining die (even though it is greyed out) is incorrect and I should have to discard it... instead it acts like it's the correct type and want's me to select it to win the battle.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    kentune wrote: »
    I was hoping the patch last night would have reset it too... I've switched out from SCA in the gateway, logged out and back in, logged in on a different browser, and in a different PC. I've done everything short of discarding that companion and there has been no change. When I go back to SCA I'm presented with the screen in the screenshot every time.
    . . . . Clicking the top right corner of the border, the golden trim inner border (not the border with the ?-mark), should allow you to close that out but it may make you loose your progress in that dungeon. I wouldn't delete your companion, no no.
    edited December 2013
    Where the little golden corner crest is? Clicking this (and the area around this) has no affect.
    edited December 2013
    kentune wrote: »
    Where the little golden corner crest is? Clicking this (and the area around this) has no affect.
    . . . . . Yeah, the golden crest that looks like a fancy triangle. Hmm, that is odd for sure as clicking that area in the windows should act as an X to cancel the battle. I know it sucks, but I would wait for support. Definitely do not delete your companion!
  • r3t1mr3t1m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problem as the op. if any solution is found plz share. Thanks in advance
  • kuurickuuric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm getting the same issue too. Let me know if anyone fixes it.
  • fnbreezefnbreeze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was playing Sword Coast Adventures winter event scenario on CHROME under Windows XP when it appears to have locked up (maybe looping) during a round. Reloaded several times, tried different PC - same result. It's stuck on the screen where all the dice and all the buttons are in a disabled state with one symbol is remaining to be matched. When it reloads it flashes the green HIT message, then I assume it is waiting for me to input --- but no input is enabled. I don't care if lose game in progress, just want to be able to play again. Any way to break out of script / abort a game?
  • dannon0dannon0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have been having a problem sorta of like this too, when I login to gateway it automatically go to my sword coast adventures and it says Congratulations! You have successfully completed Lost Dungeon! and then I click ok and it says Disconnected from Gateway
    There was an internal server error.

After that it puts me back to the login page and then entire things repeats....how to get out of this loop!?
  • arboriusarborius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I found a way for the last bug to break the loop. Simply remove /adventures string from the Url and you are able to load the main page with professions etc.
  • ckwatt2ackwatt2a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Similar problem here, stuck at the roll dice page. It's been 5 days already, nothing that I can do resets it.

This is what I see every time I go to SCA:

ZSZKxco.png?1
  • dannon0dannon0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bump just cause I am still having this problem :P
    edited December 2013
    I've had the bug OP mentions since the day it went live. Made a post in this forum with a screenshot showing it. Filed a bug report in game too. No resolution yet. Hoping if the do server reboots tomorrow things will clear up, but since SCA saves progress it may not.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i would try clearing internet cache. also make sure you're going to the main gateway page:

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com
  • ckwatt2ackwatt2a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have SCA stuck in this state for several days now. Cleaned cache and cookies, logged in and out, switched browsers and whatnot.

I opened a support ticket couple of days ago with a screenshot and description of the problem. Also posted a bug here in another thread as well. No word from support yet.

Can't complain much since the game is free, right? You get what you pay for, I guess.
  • darkwing26darkwing26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Sword coast adventure its freezed on the roll page, i cant select the dice or do anything in that page, I cant restart the mission and I am stuck on that page, on all the devices, PC, mobile. Can somebody help me?
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dannon0 wrote: »
    I have been having a problem sorta of like this too, when I login to gateway it automatically go to my sword coast adventures and it says Congratulations! You have successfully completed Lost Dungeon! and then I click ok and it says Disconnected from Gateway
    There was an internal server error.

After that it puts me back to the login page and then entire things repeats....how to get out of this loop!?

Same problem but locked up on a defeat instead of a win.

"Disconnected from Gateway
    There was an internal server error." ---> Loop...
  • dippyjamdippyjam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bump to OP's bug report. I am having the same problem as op mentioned. Here's a screenshot to help you understand. Will somebody please look into it urgently as I have to lvl my fawn to max so that it glows :P16gjzg4.png
    edited December 2013
    Server reboot today didn't seem to help. I suppose now we wait for an actual patch to roll.
    edited December 2013
    Any help here?
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Guess there is just no help for this issue. Annoying as hell, anyone had a ticket answered on this yet? Mine is a couple days old and still no reply so far...
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    try logging in another character... ? deleting cookies... going into non sca parts of gateway like auction or profesions.
    loging into NW make sure all your pets are trained even the idle pets.
    edited December 2013
    I tried all that things, it happens on my mobile phone too. There is an image, I cant pick any of the dices nor even discard.

leVtLo4.png
    edited December 2013
    I've had no response or seen any dev comment about this bug yet. All the screenshots I've seen with this bug appear to be the same pet too.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    devs do not respond to bug reports unless they need additional information and bug fixes aren't always listed in patch notes. patches are usually pushed once a week but due to the holidays, there won't likely be a patch coming for another week or so.

some work-arounds you may try include clicking on a different area of the gateway and logging out of the gateway, closing the browser window, clearing the cache and then re-entering the gateway.

hostile/demanding and antagonistic posts will be removed without notice. thanks.
This discussion has been closed.