What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Crashes when Logging into a Character

Comments

• Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are a lot of crashes going on right now. My main character got trapped and locked up when he tried to go to the Dread Ring. I hope they patch whatever is messed up now ASAP.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe a tow truck to pull out your horse from the snow bank?

• Options
    midnitesagemidnitesage Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got me too, game keeps crashing on startup for that character now
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    We're definitely looking into this. Hang tight.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    We're aware of this issue and we're investigating it. Thanks!
  • Options
    jesttic01jesttic01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My CW was camped out in the dread ring and crashes when I try and log her in. :(
    I can log in all other toons fine
  • Options
    sjm1111sjm1111 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for letting us know.........any updates you can provide would be really appreciated. Thank you :)
  • Options
    donblacksheepdonblacksheep Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Right after the servers came up again, i moved my HR to Dread Ring map, and got the Cryptic Ops crash error while the map was loading.
    Now every time i try to connect my HR i have the mesage asking to choose "Normal login", "Safe login", and again while the map is loading the game crash with the same error.
    Anyone else with the problem?
    Blacksheep - Trickster Rogue Forever <3
    Meatball - Control Wizard
    Criminal Cheater - Hunter Ranger

<Enemy Team> Guild Leader.
  • Options
    eriolyukito3eriolyukito3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    new update:

1) Client crashes at map loadding with selected character
    2) My other character ON SAME ACCOUNT was able to log in normaly ;-)
  • Options
    sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. Even if i change to an alt, it works fine but crashes in the first 5 minutes.
    At least in new winter area.
  • Options
    dnkleoufdnkleouf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi guys. Sry for my bad english, but I think I've understood your problem and I've the same. Was in winter area, my game crashed 5min ago and now every time I try to connect my game crash.. any solution? thanks
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I patched and logged in. Selected a character and while loading the game crashed.

Restarted the game, yet same issue.
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Apparently they are aware and "investigating it"..............
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bijik wrote: »
    same, keep crash every time i try log in on char ....... help

Same as well. Probably will lose out on my celestial coins... again.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same as well. Probably will lose out on my celestial coins... again.

Go to Gateway. You can keep them current with Sword Coast Adventures.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Go to Gateway. You can keep them current with Sword Coast Adventures.

Thanks, had no idea. Guess I should read up on the Sword Coast Adventures.

Update: "Neverwinter Gateway is currently unavailable due to heavy load. Please try again later."

Apparently everyone else is trying this too.
  • Options
    linknigrilinknigri Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My map is crashing in the winter fastival, I crashed when I was on the race event and now I cannot log in anymore with my ranger. Since it seams to be an area problem, is it possible to relocate my character to another area?
  • Options
    texxo1texxo1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mine keeps saying a part of the patch is locked and it cant install it during the update....so what do I do??
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, had no idea. Guess I should read up on the Sword Coast Adventures.

Update: "Neverwinter Gateway is currently unavailable due to heavy load. Please try again later."

Apparently everyone else is trying this too.

Well, I have logged out of it - so that is one less user. :/
    Sorry mate.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    dzaileendzaileen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Log in without issue, character selection is fine but once it's loading up the map, it crashes and I get the message that a pigg. file is corrupted, something about tatoo hand. I didn't screenshot it. So I am wondering whether to delete that file and relaunch or just create another character and hope I'll eventually be able to reaccess them. I wanted to buy some Zen but that really dissuaded me otherwise.
  • Options
    texxo1texxo1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mine cant even finish the patch with an error 32 part of the patch being "locked" for some reason, anyone else having this issue??
  • Options
    kanjaeskanjaes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I can get to the character selection screen, but when I try to load into the game, Neverwinter crashes
  • Options
    xczsftgddsssxczsftgddsss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    any1 know what to do im stil crasing when i pick my main char and login in when i get half loading bar im geting crash..
    u going to fix it or what?
  • Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes and will take them the better part of the day to FIX this problem so while others have fun we have to wait while our toons are in no mans land......
  • Options
    woodroggwoodrogg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Had my game crashing as well, I resetted video settings to default, then I could log in normally.
  • Options
    zolronzolron Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    Yes and will take them the better part of the day to FIX this problem so while others have fun we have to wait while our toons are in no mans land......

I feel the same way, finally have some time to play with a buddy and have my toons unable to login :( I have spent alot of time and money on this game and enjoyed it very much....however, depending on how quickly and efficiently they handle this problem, it will leave a bad mark on the game for me..too many bad marks and it will be time to look elsewhere for my entertainment :(

...Looks like the old WOW saying of "never play on patch day" may hold true here as well :)
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just crashed on The Twilight Run and now cannot log in that character as it crashes immediately. nice
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    any1 know what to do im stil crasing when i pick my main char and login in when i get half loading bar im geting crash..
    u going to fix it or what?

A red name already said that they are aware of and looking into the issue. Obviously they will fix the problem once they determine what it is. It will take them a bit of time to do that.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »

Bugs happen. When they do it takes time to fix them. It's a long festival, not a one day event, so it's not all that bad.
  • Options
    khebelnkhebeln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I cant use any chat for all of my characters after i entered the new zone lol....