test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranger Vines are SOOO Annoying.

lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Honestly... You can't even break free from them even if you use your Anti-CC powers (Villan's Menace).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ...and then, because they are so hard to see everyone else assumes that you are just standing there with your shield up because you are too stupid to try to attack.
    I here ya!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    That they ignore CC is a bug, at least for GWF they confirmed it in bug report section. But yet I agree, the permanent pull back is really annoying.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why do you need to use grasping roots if you have da Split Shot power! Join army of Split Shot spammers now!
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    yah lol, you cant even jump down when you got roots on!
  • inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Only character I've ever managed to break it on is my CW blowing 2-3 teleports to get out of it. Then again maybe it's duration is just wearing off and I think I'm breaking out of it heh.
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Only character I've ever managed to break it on is my CW blowing 2-3 teleports to get out of it. Then again maybe it's duration is just wearing off and I think I'm breaking out of it heh.

yeah. kinda funny how the CONTROL wizard's choke is severely limited in duration in pvp, yet the HR's roots survive 2-3 times as long.

Go figure
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Funny how the wizard choke allows the target to do NOTHING AT ALL. While the roots makes you.. stand in place? Heck, you can still cast, swing, shoot, etc, etc. It just is a 3 second tether. Oh, right, same duration as choke. Huh.. go fig?
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wizard choke allows me to pop unstoppable and pretend it never happened.....
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    Funny how the wizard choke allows the target to do NOTHING AT ALL. While the roots makes you.. stand in place? Heck, you can still cast, swing, shoot, etc, etc. It just is a 3 second tether. Oh, right, same duration as choke. Huh.. go fig?

Funny how HR is a ranged, high burst damage dealer and all melee characters, even blowing all immunities and movements (especially in the case of GWF), in the end can only sit there and take it once the vines come out...

Please, a dev have said its a bug and will be fixed. At the moment, it is literally decimating PvP matches (at least non-premades without their own rooting HR), leading to even more than usual broken teams and longer queues, and players are understandably upset.

Yet another bug that should never have got to Live.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Far as I know, mighty leap, threatening rush both allow you to get to target, even if you have *strong* roots on. If you have weak roots, they just break. I've not been able to test it directly, however you're welcome to try it.

The HR has 1 stun, that happens in intervals. We have another stun that we can do once on a cool down. Then we have roots, to slow stuff down from getting to us if we're ranged. Yes, in a 1 on 1, they can be annoying as you have to deal with taking more damage to the face (not something a GWF is not use to) before getting to them. But you can be slowed by chill from a CW. You pop unstoppable and you negate the CW stuff, the snare hangs on for 3 seconds, so you don't sprint until it's gone. HR only has weak roots on 3 charges. If you run straight at them and they use the root as soon as it's off cool down, guess what? You'll still reach them before the 3rd charge.

personally, I find smoke bomb more annoying than root. Comes out of no where, if you're lucky and not laggy you *might* get a dodge off to get out of it. It lasts when you're outside of the ring. All around it sucks to play against.
    edited December 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Funny how HR is a ranged, high burst damage dealer and all melee characters, even blowing all immunities and movements (especially in the case of GWF), in the end can only sit there and take it once the vines come out...

Please, a dev have said its a bug and will be fixed. At the moment, it is literally decimating PvP matches (at least non-premades without their own rooting HR), leading to even more than usual broken teams and longer queues, and players are understandably upset.

Yet another bug that should never have got to Live.

potential double post: I play a melee HR. I try to strong root everything I can so that I can help my team. A sprinting GWF can still stretch the root that when the second one is applied, they can reach the HR. So even if broken, it's an annoyance, not a detriment.
  • methillomethillo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes it is annoying, but being a sent myself i have noticed in the last couple of days that people quit less on me even if my team get matched up agains 2 HR with their creepy wines that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> slap me all the time xD

I hope they fix the bug but things could have been worse, since i thought with 2 ranged classes i would be geting more cowards on pillars/bridge but instead we got nice ranged people that like to fight with skill right on the ground.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Far as I know, mighty leap, threatening rush both allow you to get to target, even if you have *strong* roots on.

You got pulled back right after using any dash ability while affected by strong grasping roots.
    The HR has 1 stun, that happens in intervals.

And it's undodgable.
    HR only has weak roots on 3 charges.

And melee part plus another ranged Strong Grasping Roots applier that roots 2 targets. Plus knockdown and silence on low CD.
    personally, I find smoke bomb more annoying than root. Comes out of no where, if you're lucky and not laggy you *might* get a dodge off to get out of it. It lasts when you're outside of the ring.

It takes you 1.5-2 seconds to walk out of smoke bomb. It takes you eternity to walk out of GR's.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here's a thought though... if roots don't work, what's is the HR's options against GWF? We've discussed this and without roots, GWF will just HR alive, eat CW, alive, eat, TR alive... well... you get the point ^^
  • halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the GWFs think that 'balance' means taking the entire enemy team to kill them
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    You got pulled back right after using any dash ability while affected by strong grasping roots.

And it's undodgable.

And melee part plus another ranged Strong Grasping Roots applier that roots 2 targets. Plus knockdown and silence on low CD.

It takes you 1.5-2 seconds to walk out of smoke bomb. It takes you eternity to walk out of GR's.

Actually, you can dodge the arrow that shoots it. A GWF can't dodge anything. Unstoppable ignores it. Unstoppable breaks it. I've had plenty of hindering shots dodged, however, so that's not an issue.

The melee part of hindering shot (hindering strike) is on a 12 second cool down. It hits anyone in the PBAoE of the ranger. If a ranger is in melee with you, to apply said strong roots, then you don't have to leap to them. If they are using the long cool down hit one time with strong roots (plus anyone behind you) then a) it's at half range and b) you *still* can reach them with the leap.

If the smoke bomb is dropped outside of stealth then yes, it's a quick step out. If it's dropped from IN stealth it's a snare (like roots!) and you can't dodge (which you CAN do while rooted) so the TR that just dropped it is about to kick your can in. Even snared by roots, you still have your defensive capabilities.

With all that said, in response fairly close to order that Meh said, meh. Devs said the bug is a bug. Which means that eventually ITC/Unstoppable will no longer be rootable, which'll change how the game plays back to what it was of 'dance of death around the GWF/TR and pray.'
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about let another character type get some actual advantage in PVP besides the standard GWF or TR. It seems someone is always complaining about another class. Here's a thought, sit back and allow the new HR class to have some lime light. The GWF regen clones have been in there long enough. Give the QQ a rest.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • eisrabe1902eisrabe1902 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited December 2013
    the GWFs think that 'balance' means taking the entire enemy team to kill them

Thats an observation applying to all classes at a certain gear score.
    But I understand it is way more frustrating for you do die when the killer jumps right in your face instead of killing you gently with a stab in the back or an ice knife from above casted from unseen range with the potential of killing you twice or more with one power...

Yes its very frustrating that you SEE the top geared GWF right in front of you, when he kills ye
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Here's a thought though... if roots don't work, what's is the HR's options against GWF? We've discussed this and without roots, GWF will just HR alive, eat CW, alive, eat, TR alive... well... you get the point ^^

I think fixing the abilty to sprint cancel spam threatening rush the same way they fixed weapon master would help a lot. You can do 3 threatening rushes without losing stamina by holding down left/right in the time it takes a GF to do 1 right now. Being able to sapm it like that also keeps mark up for 23% more damage much more consistently and allows me to run trample the fallen instead of bravery for another 15% damage on my prone combos.

That is why it is nearly impossible to get away from GWFs right now. They would still be highly mobile even if it is fixed, but you could time getting away form them better.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    i would like to kindly ask the devs WHY they didnt fix this bug allready while its so huge it destroys pvp and maybe pve too (i heard it gets bosses too)
    on purpose?
    do something asap
  • inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Uh no, choke lasts nowhere near 3 seconds in PvP. Seems more like 1.5 seconds at most. Just because root allows you to still do actions doesn't mean you're not getting screwed any less. My CW doesn't want to be rooted in front of 3-4 enemy players. Doesn't matter if I can cast because I'm probably still about to explode.
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
    edited December 2013
    no, I have no issue with GWFs or anything else killing me, killing is what pvp is about.

It's when the GWF is doing the killing of 3 people, while not dying or coming close to dying, or being cc-able, that I have a problem with.

Your GWF tears of 'zomg one thing that actually affects my perma cc immune' are delicious.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited December 2013
    no, I have no issue with GWFs or anything else killing me, killing is what pvp is about.

It's when the GWF is doing the killing of 3 people, while not dying or coming close to dying, or being cc-able, that I have a problem with.

Your GWF tears of 'zomg one thing that actually affects my perma cc immune' are delicious.

+1 to this! GWFs have absolutely no right to complain about pvp right now!
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was expecting to see this fixed on the patch notes. Disappointed again.
    edited December 2013
    Was expecting to see this fixed on the patch notes. Disappointed again.

This isn't an easy fix. It's obvious this isn't an easy fix from how long it took for unstoppable to be fixed. There's also other things that work on unstoppable/ITC/Villiand meanace through the 'immune to cc' thing too. So most likely when they figure out that bug, they'll get to the 'root' of the problem and fix all of them.
  • vvcephei767vvcephei767 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Those roots don't interact correctly with Impossible to Catch. That's needs to be fixed.
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I wish I had the post saved, but it was officially stated that roots ignoring ITC and unstoppable was a bug that is going to be fixed. This post was very shortly after release, so I cannot imagine it will be too long before it is fixed. Another thing I've noticed too is that dodging doesn't seem to have any effect on whether the roots attach or not which is something that should also be changed.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I dunno how it is gonna be fix for GWF or TR, but I concern about GF the most, because in order for GF block to work u have to face that direction, so a HR can simply place the aoe center behind you so if you block u turn around the HR can free shot u lol.

GF is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> no matter the vine is fixed or not tbh.
    edited December 2013
    I dunno how it is gonna be fix for GWF or TR, but I concern about GF the most, because in order for GF block to work u have to face that direction, so a HR can simply place the aoe center behind you so if you block u turn around the HR can free shot u lol.

GF is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> no matter the vine is fixed or not tbh.

their vines damage is pathetic, idk why you'd worry about blocking it. I'm more worried about not ever being able to go anywhere or hit anything from the constant sliding. You can't block the sliding even if you block the damage, anyway.

EDIT: GF IS f'd in pvp, though, you're right.
  • cappriciocappricio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    GWF is not scary in PVP anymore...someone already owned him...and it's funny GWF holders are crybabies afterall...