What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranger Vines are SOOO Annoying.

2»

Comments

• halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cappricio wrote: »
    GWF is not scary in PVP anymore...someone already owned him...and it's funny GWF holders are crybabies afterall...

what... translate?
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hail the new all controlling, killing, destroying and ruling Hunter Ranger class! Hurray...

Have to swap my ITC for Deft strike when I see more than 1 ranger in the opposite team.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Hail the new all controlling, killing, destroying and ruling Hunter Ranger class! Hurray...

Have to swap my ITC for Deft strike when I see more than 1 ranger in the opposite team.

LoL

What happen when they also have cw?

The most low team I have encountered yet are 2 cw 2 hr 1 gwf.

You can't even imagine. It feels worse than fighting 5 gwf.
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As long as GWF and CW even exist in pvp, I have nothing to complain about from other classes. Rangers are properly annoying imo, but in no way do I feel that they are any kind of an unfair problem. GWF and CW, on the other hand, just do things that are ridiculous.

I rarely have a problem with HR in pvp. If I die to one, it's because I did something wrong or he did something right. Rarely do I feel it's because he has some power he shouldn't.
    edited December 2013
    their vines damage is pathetic, idk why you'd worry about blocking it. I'm more worried about not ever being able to go anywhere or hit anything from the constant sliding. You can't block the sliding even if you block the damage, anyway.

EDIT: GF IS f'd in pvp, though, you're right.

I was talking about if they ever FIX it so block can correctly cancel the cc effect, or maybe it is intentional that vine just goes through block.

But either case GF is fkd lol. I find GF now is like a DC, shine in a legit premade that are in voice chat. When i solo queue and face good player I cry cause I will never be able to kill them, and GF always die fast when they have more than 1 on you. As a matter of fact GF might just become the most squishy class in PVP lol, if we rule out the glass cannon build cw/tr, and don't forget they have much better escape.
  • lylesebastionlylesebastion Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I play every character at 60 and with a GWF being my favorite of all in a pvp setting i can honestly say that i think the way root/snare works, at the moment, is fine.
    Also as a 60 ranger i can also say there are ways to break snare and have seen people figure it out, i have even figured it out as a GWF playing against those sneaky rangers myself.
    edited December 2013
    I play every character at 60 and with a GWF being my favorite of all in a pvp setting i can honestly say that i think the way root/snare works, at the moment, is fine.
    Also as a 60 ranger i can also say there are ways to break snare and have seen people figure it out, i have even figured it out as a GWF playing against those sneaky rangers myself.

Dev has confirmed that vine will be fixed and will no longer go through ITC/Unstoppable. So I guess we expecting a bunch of crying HR.
  • lylesebastionlylesebastion Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cappricio wrote: »
    GWF is not scary in PVP anymore...someone already owned him...and it's funny GWF holders are crybabies afterall...

not true- someone messed up and gave my GWF the GF's frontline surge. As if people didnt QQ about how GWF can keep a person prone already, now i have a ranged CC. Mix that with the ability to have the highest AC and the ability to have the most HP's...
    i didnt use my re-spec right away with my gwf but did soon after a few pvp matches and chose the GF path.

34 ac, 35k hp's with full titan gear, sent build(meaning off the wall regen/ac build) and all encounters set to knock you on your butt- except one actually... i always have restoring strike up... how could anyone win?

HAHA just kidding, sometimes other people win... but they are other GWF's :rolleyes: