test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Items: Rusted Lockbox and More!

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited February 2014 in News & Announcements
As we're getting Module 2: Shadowmantle ready for everyone, check out the new Rusted Lockbox.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1038941
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I want that Rust Monster and Thayan Outfit! Too cool!

. . . . . So...
    "No one knows who Kwalish was, or why he wanted to ride in a mechanical crab" ... does that mean we ride IN it and not on it? That would be too cool if so!
  • meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can't wait to get down to opening up the lockboxes. I am hoping to get the rust monster and the new mount.
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm

Artifact Provisions Pack – Contains Refining Stones which are a key component used to upgrade Artifacts during the Refinement process. It may also include one Rare Artifact.

Wonder if the artifact is tradable or BOP
  • drrowdrrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've got mixed feelings about this mount. What will be next ? Rifles, cars, airplanes, phones ? As unique in npc possesion it could be funny but now i see soon whole city cover by mechanical mounts . Are you sure you want to follow Wow ?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    drrow wrote: »
    I've got mixed feelings. What will be next ? Rifles, cars, airplanes, phones ? As unique in npc possesion it could be funny but now i see soon whole city cover by mechanical mounts . Are you sure you want to follow Wow ?

The Apparatus of Kwalish already exists in D&D. It is not unique to Neverwinter.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meangean88 wrote: »
    Can't wait to get down to opening up the lockboxes. I am hoping to get the rust monster and the new mount.

how many Keys did u save :)
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The thayan equipment scales with the character or is that a tooltip error and they work like previous equipment from equipment chests, and come in levels of 10?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I've got mixed feelings about this mount. What will be next ? Rifles, cars, airplanes, phones ? As unique in npc possesion it could be funny but now i see soon whole city cover by mechanical mounts . Are you sure you want to follow Wow ?
    . . . . . Mechanical automatons have always been a part of the Forgotten Realms, since the early days before the gnomes were enslaved by the Netherese and then after the fall of Netheril. This is nothing new and this mount comes straight out of canon lore for the Realms.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »

"No one knows who Kwalish was, or why he wanted to ride a mechanical crab" ... does that mean we ride IN it and not on it? That would be too cool if so!

Nah its just a area on top that is lower that looks like a saddle / seat . Very bottom image - http://imgur.com/a/tcTkB
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Nah its just a area on top that is lower that looks like a saddle / seat . Very bottom image - http://imgur.com/a/tcTkB
    . . . . . Ah yeah.. true that. I've always assumed Kwalish was a gnomish inventor from the Bakluni region of Oerith. However, no one really knows what race or even class he was, as such details were never revealed and barely even hinted at. Assuming he was gnomish, that would make sense why he could fit inside one and ride IN it.
  • drrowdrrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I see you didn't understood me. I didn't said that is no part of canon lore. I ment i'm worry how it will look when hundreds of ppl will ride/drive by this. Is this normal in forgotten realms ? :rolleyes:
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I see you didn't understood me. I didn't said that is no part of canon lore. I ment i'm worry how it will look when hundreds of ppl will ride/drive by this. Is this normal in forgotten realms ? :rolleyes:

As normal as everyone on a unicorn.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    As normal as everyone on a unicorn.

Not really. While unicorns are supposed to be rare, the Apparatus of Kwalish would be unique... As in only one in existence.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not really. While unicorns are supposed to be rare, the Apparatus of Kwalish would be unique... As in only one in existence.

Well. Guess we know the drop rate then =P. Lol. j/k there's plenty on the AH already.
    contents to be decided
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They could just rename it to "replica apparatus of kawalish".
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • malkavianitemalkavianite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    They could just rename it to "replica apparatus of kawalish".

No dammit! I'm a special snowflake and will not settle for a mere "replica"!! :rolleyes:

Does it really matter? It's not as if it has a big sign sticking out of it saying what it is. If it bothers you for RP purposes, either don't get one or pretend it's a replica.

As for how many of them will be running around, I doubt it'll be any different to any of the other mounts. There are a hell of a lot out there now, and not everyone is going to want this new mount. Personally, I see far more horses running around than any of the more exotic mounts, so I wouldn't worry about getting overrun by mechanical mounts.
  • malkavianitemalkavianite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    The thayan equipment scales with the character or is that a tooltip error and they work like previous equipment from equipment chests, and come in levels of 10?

Yeah, I read that as levelling up with my character. I'd hate to open it on a lowbie and find it stuck as a level 10 item.
  • frikiman777frikiman777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello, I would like to know which is the 7th class and take to get out as it is to know whether play this or other.thanks in advance
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello, I would like to know which is the 7th class and take to get out as it is to know whether play this or other.thanks in advance

Nothing has been announced yet and we probably won't get solid info on it until the module it will be part of is getting close (like a month and half before release).

That being said, the safe bet is on it being scourge warlock. If we are lucky, maybe mod 3 in 3 to 4 months?
  • frikiman777frikiman777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ty for you info ^^ is a sad, i don't like any class in the game now xD
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi
    Tell me what use is thayan relic fragments?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi
    Tell me what use is thayan relic fragments?

They can be traded towards progress in the Dread Ring campaign, available at level 60. If your character is not level 60, you can save them until you can use them, or you can sell them on the auction house.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok! thanks!
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any chance you'll add this stuff the the foundry?