test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lands of Mirent Tusk - Please review

kellnaforiankellnaforian Member Posts: 106 Arc User
Campaign: Lands of Mirent Tusk

Quest 1 - Dungeons of Mirent Tusk Daily Qualified (16 minutes)
Quest 2 - The Legend of Prince Brightblade Daily Qualified (35 minutes)
Quest 3 - The Legend of The Lady Daily Qualified (30 minutes)
Quest 4 - Finding the Way Daily Qualified (20 minutes)
Quest 5 - King Mirent Tusk - The Fallen Daily Qualified (50 minutes)

I would appreciate reviews for the quests in the campaign Lands of Mirent Tusk. This is a story based action adventure with very light reading. The quest is designed to be challenging for solo.

Short Code:NWS-DITF6RXSK
Mission Type: Action/Adventure/Light Horror
Amount of Combat: Moderate to heavy well thought out combat
Starts at: Protectors Enclave

Author tips/hints:

-Quests are authored upon the D&D/FR Genre and do not rigidly follow D&D/FR rules.
-Each quest is completable and should be enjoyable in and of itself.
-To understand the complete storyline, you must play all 5 quests in order. They do build off eachother.
-Monsters have been reskinned liberally to suit the story and environment. The reskins should make sense.
-A lot of attention to immersive environment (Sounds, Effects, Settings, Encounters)
-If you are interested in the lore of the Author's world, you may have to search for additional lore items that are not on the sparkly trail.
-Enjoy the quest for what it is: An immersive combat action adventure with rich environments and an overarching storyline.

Mission Summary:

Recent geologic events have uncovered an ancient ruins that you have been called upon to secure. In doing so you unwittingly set events into motion that you must find a way to stop.

Mirent Tusk was a hero, a king, a husband, and a father. His followers of 2000 years ago came to love and worship him for his benevolence.

He rose to great power only to fall and murder his family and wage war upon his own Kingdom.

Is this a story of absolute power corrupting absolutely? Or something much more sinister?

Drow Enclave - Quest 4
TCFhGTs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TCFhGTs.jpg

Inner Caverns - Quest 5
NvWJbvr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NvWJbvr.jpg

Mirentian Catacombs - Quest 5
x7BbF3j.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x7BbF3j.jpg

Throne Room - Quest 5
8yd4v3F.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8yd4v3F.jpg
NWS-DITF6RXSK - All Daily Qualified

Q1 - Dungeons of Mirent Tusk - 16 minutes Featured
Q2 - The Legend of Prince Brightblade - 30+m
Q3 - The Legend of The Lady - 30m
Q4 - Finding the Way -20m
Q5 - King Mirent Tusk - 50m
Post edited by kellnaforian on

Comments

• finalcatalyst454finalcatalyst454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    on my list of foundries to play through.
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dungeons of Mirent Tusk

I played with a lvl 60 DC. I really liked the story, the environments, and the combat. I left you a starred review and a tip. I'll be on to the next one in the series soon.

Playthough notes:

-I was very happy to see " look for historical clues"! Although normally I don't have to kill skeletons to find those.
    -I was a little at a loss as to why I would "know" to kill the portal spawn after I found the books. Maybe an in between objective to get me going in the right direction?
    -the lightning hallway was fantastic!
    -I appreciated the warnings about the optional difficult combat

I would appreciate it very much if you could review Secret of the Mere of Dead Men.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • kellnaforiankellnaforian Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melinden wrote: »
    Dungeons of Mirent Tusk

I played with a lvl 60 DC. I really liked the story, the environments, and the combat. I left you a starred review and a tip. I'll be on to the next one in the series soon.

Playthough notes:

-I was very happy to see " look for historical clues"! Although normally I don't have to kill skeletons to find those.
    -I was a little at a loss as to why I would "know" to kill the portal spawn after I found the books. Maybe an in between objective to get me going in the right direction?
    -the lightning hallway was fantastic!
    -I appreciated the warnings about the optional difficult combat

I would appreciate it very much if you could review Secret of the Mere of Dead Men.

I'm happy you enjoyed it! You have definately given me something to think about on your first two points. I had not looked at it from that perspective. I think on your 2nd point, I could almost get rid of killing the portal spawn quest, as you have to kill them to get to the portal anyway.

I think the first point you made may just be changing how it is worded? I'll think on this some more.

I will definately run yours tomorrow morning!

finalcatalyst454 I hope you enjoy it!

edited December 2013
    <
    History Professor. Don't worry about the first point, I was being silly.
    edited December 2013
    <
    History Professor. Don't worry about the first point, I was being silly.

That's awesome!

edited December 2013
    It looks like this post generated some traffic. Thank you! To the person with the astute in-game observation regarding Demons, I have made some changes, although the Foundry does not allow much for Demon Costume options so I improvised (going to keep working on this as it was a very good observation). With respect to a "white out" on the first map, I'm really not sure what that means.

I could really use feedback on quests 3-5 as these have only been run by a few and are the ones where I finally started feeling more comfortable with using the Foundry, which allowed me to start being more creative with the environments. I am a little concerned about how dark the areas are. I've run on both a low end and a high end PC and do not have any problems, but your feedback is appreciated.

I'll be running others quests today as I owe quite a few of you for taking the time to run my quests. Again, thank you!

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It looks like this post generated some traffic. Thank you! To the person with the astute in-game observation regarding Demons, I have made some changes, although the Foundry does not allow much for Demon Costume options so I improvised (going to keep working on this as it was a very good observation). With respect to a "white out" on the first map, I'm really not sure what that means.

I could really use feedback on quests 3-5 as these have only been run by a few and are the ones where I finally started feeling more comfortable with using the Foundry, which allowed me to start being more creative with the environments. I am a little concerned about how dark the areas are. I've run on both a low end and a high end PC and do not have any problems, but your feedback is appreciated.

I'll be running others quests today as I owe quite a few of you for taking the time to run my quests. Again, thank you!

Here is the picture that shows the problem I had with the first quest for you. I hope this helps.
    hxq2.png
    "http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8232/hxq2.png&quot;
    edited December 2013
    Prince Brightblade

I played this with my lvl 60 DC.

I didn't think the story of this quest fit together as well as the first one. Since this is coming from older material of yours it might just be that there are some pieces missing that you already know.

I wasn't sure if the intro portion (anything outside the crypt) really added to the story. I already knew about the lost civilization and its royal family from the previous quest. So when I got to the crypt my reaction was "Oh, finally, here we go." It may be that these other characters were more important in the NWN world but I didn't have any real attachment to them. I starred and tipped the quest based on what I think it will be once you have a few more passes at it, it certainly has the same potential as the first quest.

Detailed notes play through notes below:

-You might want to take off the first dialogue with the urchin. He has one line really and then sends you across town. It doesn't add to the story really.
    -the walls in the keep in the mere are tilted out at a strange angles and floating above the terrain in some areas. I'm guessing you wanted them to look old? I would recommend leaning them side to side instead and pushing them further into the ground since the marsh maps are uneven.
    -the left hand torch as you enter the keep is floating
    -the left-most vine hut is also floating
    -you have a couple of stacked encounters. Opinion on this is divided. People who want really tough fights like the challenge. Others frown upon this. It is tough on DCs since we are dodging instead of casting and getting interrupted.
    -the ruins map is very big. I might recommend cutting some of the cave rooms. I wasn't sure why the orcs were there. If there was an explanation in that area I missed it since I ran around to avoid having to fight a Battletested Orc and an Ogre at the same time.
    -so I get that the two training the trolls were orcs but I wasn't sure what the connection was to the rest of the story?
    -for example: who am I avenging when I avenge the fallen? Vargo was killed by the Lizardmen, so just the other adventurers?
    -I really like the crypt maps
    -how did Vargo get down there? Were the lizardmen and the trolls (with the orcs) all working for the undead?
    -in the conversation with the Forgotten One the player answers "Don't expect help from me" you are missing the apostrophe in "don't"
    -Hunvar's name was a little confusing. Normally a Smithy is the place and the Smith was the person
    -do any members of the royal family have their own names? It seems the land and all the royal family have only one name to share?

Hope that helps give you some ideas! I'll keep playing through the others.
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Here is the picture that shows the problem I had with the first quest for you. I hope this helps.

And you gave me 2 stars? That's overly generous for that mess! :)

I am still somewhat at a loss as nobody else reported this. I am going to get rid of the rain as I wonder if that's the cause. Anyone else see this on map 1 in quest 1?

edited December 2013
    And you gave me 2 stars? That's overly generous for that mess! :)

I am still somewhat at a loss as nobody else reported this. I am going to get rid of the rain as I wonder if that's the cause. Anyone else see this on map 1 in quest 1?

Ok, I was able to replicate this issue. I am wondering if you have your "World Detail Distance" at the Minimum setting of 25%? If you were to slide that up one notch to the next setting which was either 50% or 75% (cant remember) then this issue goes away. I am not sure why they have it working this way. Maybe a bug?

However, I have changed a "Black Fog High" setting and this seems to have resolved the issue, even with detail set to 25%. You should be able to play it through if you try the Quest with today's date on it.

Unfortunately, this makes the map a little brighter.

I play around a lot with lighting and effects in all of the quests. Generally, I like a dark setting if it's night or you are in a cave. Personally, it helps with immersion. However, with the understanding that I would like people to enjoy the content, I will go through my quests to try and make sure this is not an issue.

Thank you for completing the quest. I think if this was the first map I logged to in a quest I would have exited immediately!

edited December 2013
    Prince Brightblade

I played this with my lvl 60 DC.

I didn't think the story of this quest fit together as well as the first one. Since this is coming from older material of yours it might just be that there are some pieces missing that you already know.

I wasn't sure if the intro portion (anything outside the crypt) really added to the story. I already knew about the lost civilization and its royal family from the previous quest. So when I got to the crypt my reaction was "Oh, finally, here we go." It may be that these other characters were more important in the NWN world but I didn't have any real attachment to them. I starred and tipped the quest based on what I think it will be once you have a few more passes at it, it certainly has the same potential as the first quest.

Detailed notes play through notes below:

-You might want to take off the first dialogue with the urchin. He has one line really and then sends you across town. It doesn't add to the story really.
    -the walls in the keep in the mere are tilted out at a strange angles and floating above the terrain in some areas. I'm guessing you wanted them to look old? I would recommend leaning them side to side instead and pushing them further into the ground since the marsh maps are uneven.
    -the left hand torch as you enter the keep is floating
    -the left-most vine hut is also floating
    -you have a couple of stacked encounters. Opinion on this is divided. People who want really tough fights like the challenge. Others frown upon this. It is tough on DCs since we are dodging instead of casting and getting interrupted.
    -the ruins map is very big. I might recommend cutting some of the cave rooms. I wasn't sure why the orcs were there. If there was an explanation in that area I missed it since I ran around to avoid having to fight a Battletested Orc and an Ogre at the same time.
    -so I get that the two training the trolls were orcs but I wasn't sure what the connection was to the rest of the story?
    -for example: who am I avenging when I avenge the fallen? Vargo was killed by the Lizardmen, so just the other adventurers?
    -I really like the crypt maps
    -how did Vargo get down there? Were the lizardmen and the trolls (with the orcs) all working for the undead?
    -in the conversation with the Forgotten One the player answers "Don't expect help from me" you are missing the apostrophe in "don't"
    -Hunvar's name was a little confusing. Normally a Smithy is the place and the Smith was the person
    -do any members of the royal family have their own names? It seems the land and all the royal family have only one name to share?

Hope that helps give you some ideas! I'll keep playing through the others.

You definately picked up on the fact that I am struggling the most with this quest. I am also confused as to why people seem to enjoy it as much as they indicate in their reviews. I am completely rethinking this entire quest. However, I can answer some of your story questions.

The orcs, trolls, and undead are in the area as The Forgotten One is amassing an army. You will find out more about this as the campaign moves a long (Quest 5). However, I tried to hint at this through the first conversation on the Mire map. Someone is armoring the trolls, which means someone is preparing for war. I will try to make this more clear.

I "tried" to build up Vargo and his adventuring group so that players would feel some sort of connection. He was a Captain in the City Guard and a former adventurer. The Lizardmen killed his party in the Mire and the Clerics of The Forgotten One raised him for their army.

I'll fix Hunvar's name. That was his name in the original NWN world.

Mirent Tusk is the last name. They do have first names, but they are lost in history. This is something that I was going to add at a later date, once I have all the "mechanics" of the quest down. It would be optional lore that players could find along the journey that would explain the history more. Those that enjoy that content would have it and those that do not can bypass it.

There are some very challenging encounters throughout the quests. The way that I design some of the encounters is so that you do have to think about which group you are "pulling" first. If you charge in on some encounters, you will get overwhelmed. Sometimes you need to watch the way the groups of monsters are moving to find the perfect time to "pull" them to you. It sounds like you handled the Orc room as it should have been. :) If you do not do this on the last map in quest 5, you will not be able to make it through on pretty much any class.

All great feedback and it is greatly appreciated. I have a lot to consider in this quest!!

edited December 2013
    Ok, I was able to replicate this issue. I am wondering if you have your "World Detail Distance" at the Minimum setting of 25%? If you were to slide that up one notch to the next setting which was either 50% or 75% (cant remember) then this issue goes away. I am not sure why they have it working this way. Maybe a bug?

However, I have changed a "Black Fog High" setting and this seems to have resolved the issue, even with detail set to 25%. You should be able to play it through if you try the Quest with today's date on it.

Unfortunately, this makes the map a little brighter.

I play around a lot with lighting and effects in all of the quests. Generally, I like a dark setting if it's night or you are in a cave. Personally, it helps with immersion. However, with the understanding that I would like people to enjoy the content, I will go through my quests to try and make sure this is not an issue.

Thank you for completing the quest. I think if this was the first map I logged to in a quest I would have exited immediately!
    That might be it, first time I encountered the issue though. I have to keep my distances down for the most part though because I play on a laptop that just uses intel hd video. Going to higher starts lagging me out. Will log in again tonight and check things out when I get a chance and take a few ss again on whether the problem is fixed or not.
    edited December 2013
    Cool, Charononus. Please let me know.

Melinden, I completely deleted the Mire map and made a new one this morning. Tria'Van better explains what is happening. I will be adding more detail tonight, but the quest is much shorter now. :)

edited December 2013
    You are probably running up to one of the limitations to moving stories from one format to another. It makes sense that in another game players would develop an attachment to a character they see all the time. And of course you are attached to your own character. But here they are strangers to the players. Getting attached to a stranger you get 3 lines with is really tough. It is one of the reasons I like to have established NPCs appear in my quests. The players know them. I do go online to re-read their text so I can try and get the same tone when I am writing for them as well.

Maybe make Vargo Sgt. Benton's brother or Knox's nephew or something like that? Tie him to this game world for the player to latch onto.

As for the encounters consider chaining them instead of stacking them. Have new encounters spawn when the old ones die. You still get long fights that are tough but might be considerably less frustrating to some players. I pull very carefully, move mobs around corners and past doors so this is WITH careful pulls. Inside this is easier than outside.

I'll try the new one tonight
    edited December 2013
    Cool, Charononus. Please let me know.

Melinden, I completely deleted the Mire map and made a new one this morning. Tria'Van better explains what is happening. I will be adding more detail tonight, but the quest is much shorter now. :)

Much better now
    kwtz.png
    "http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6162/kwtz.png&quot;
    edited December 2013
    Charononus, I'm glad it's working now. Thanks again for your patience and re-review! If you happen to try any of the other quests and discover any issues, please let me know.

edited December 2013
    You are probably running up to one of the limitations to moving stories from one format to another. It makes sense that in another game players would develop an attachment to a character they see all the time. And of course you are attached to your own character. But here they are strangers to the players. Getting attached to a stranger you get 3 lines with is really tough. It is one of the reasons I like to have established NPCs appear in my quests. The players know them. I do go online to re-read their text so I can try and get the same tone when I am writing for them as well.

Maybe make Vargo Sgt. Benton's brother or Knox's nephew or something like that? Tie him to this game world for the player to latch onto.

As for the encounters consider chaining them instead of stacking them. Have new encounters spawn when the old ones die. You still get long fights that are tough but might be considerably less frustrating to some players. I pull very carefully, move mobs around corners and past doors so this is WITH careful pulls. Inside this is easier than outside.

I'll try the new one tonight

That is definately part of the problem. It's a rather long story that I am trying to tell with as little writing/reading as I can get away with. I am trying to create a very light reading adventure. I am wondering if I should almost call it...hack/slash...there I said it (kidding)!

Really the only carry over of characters are the Mirents, Hunvar, Nulfoso (killed in 1st major encounter quest 1), and The Forgotten One(though he had a different name).

With respect to the encounters, I would rather toy around with stacking than chaining them. Personally, when I am playing, the chaining breaks the immersion. However, I am open to feedback on areas where the encounter strategy is not working as planned, like the Ogre and battle tested Orc encounter (edit note: Made encounter easier)

I did not have time last night to iron much out, other than completely redoing the 1st map in Quest 5. I like it a lot better and it gets players into the Caves/Crypts within 3-5 minutes.

Thanks again for all of your feedback. The time you take to thoroughly review quests, not just for me but everyone, is really great and appreciated.

Also, Quest 2 is now eligible for Daily! Thanks!

edited December 2013
    I added 1 more encounter to Quest 1 - Dungeons of Mirent Tusk. This encounter will provide a little more back story on the Princess. Enjoy!

edited December 2013
    Someone reviewed that Quest 1 had a fairly generic dungeon. Still gave 5 stars for the quest, which is appreciated. However, I am not trying to make something generic! :)

I redid several parts of the dungeon. One area is completly custom with 2 levels.

One more play on Quest 3, The Legend of The Lady and it's a daily! :) Thanks for playing!

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Someone reviewed that Quest 1 had a fairly generic dungeon. Still gave 5 stars for the quest, which is appreciated. However, I am not trying to make something generic! :)

I redid several parts of the dungeon. One area is completly custom with 2 levels.

One more play on Quest 3, The Legend of The Lady and it's a daily! :) Thanks for playing!

Just replayed the first quest and it feels a lot less generic.

The first dungeon fight against the traitor was challenging on my level 60 8K GS Sentinel GWF and seemed a lot tougher then the final fight. (Probably because I didn't have a good stun or single target skill slotted so that taking down the healer was a slight issue). Shouldn't be an issue for anyone in decent gear although freshly minted level 60 DCs might perhaps have some trouble.
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

The first dungeon fight against the traitor was challenging on my level 60 8K GS Sentinel GWF and seemed a lot tougher then the final fight. (Probably because I didn't have a good stun or single target skill slotted so that taking down the healer was a slight issue). Shouldn't be an issue for anyone in decent gear although freshly minted level 60 DCs might perhaps have some trouble.

Ha awesome thanks! I am wondering when you played it again? I thought that same fight was too hard as well. I toned it down this morning a little. I really do not want it tougher than the final boss. Thanks again!

Edit: I think you mean the Religious Fanatics, with the healer. That's really good feedback. I spread out their walking paths so that the Fighters can be pulled solo.

The traitor spawns after. I changed the title of that encounter as I can see where it was confusing. I'll think about this some more.

-kell

edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Ok, thought about this last night and made some changes this morning. I think the flow is much better now and the fights are progressively more difficult through to the final boss. Thanks again for the great feedback!

-kell

• boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Campaign Review

Maps: This is the strong point of the campaign. Very strong well moving maps that uses some unique features. Love the finale maps they are well worth the time it takes to complete. Really solid in all five maps.

Story: Love the story, in some ways in others just leaves me wanting a little more. My suggestion here and would take a ton of work so not sure you would want to do it, but add a companion. Perhaps a member of the Queen's family who wants to finally put her to rest. Would be a way to add a little dialogue to the quest and a few more tidbits of your lore in the world you set up.

Overall though the story flows very well from son to daughter to queen to king. You feel bad for the family, and want to see them at rest at the end.

Combat:Good variety, I was all over your final map with my ranger on the last battle. It felt like an epic fight as I was using environment to help with the victory. Nothing was to easy or to hard. Could add some staging to a few of the bosses if you wish to add more drama to it........wouldn't mind a boss prologue at the end when fighting the forgotten one!

Flow: This is the weak point of the story in some ways. Like I said a little family tie type companion, perhaps a hot cleric looking to put her great great great great aunts spirit to rest. This NPC could be the driving force to link the story for PC's who would hate to work with a demon like in part 3.

This campaign though leads you wanting to complete it more and more after part 3. I spent a few weeks doing the first three after part 3 though I couldn't wait to get to the conclusion.(That and I had some time off yeah winter break) Your enemies are well skinned, your staging all works, there are few to no bugs, and the maps are epic. I really enjoyed this campaign and hope other p[layers will as well.

Working on the finale of my 7 part series now.......so I know how much work you spent on this. Try "Higher Justice." if you want to see how you can include NPC companions to your campaign.(Or you can play the whole series to see how I build a party the pc travels with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    Campaign Review

Maps: This is the strong point of the campaign. Very strong well moving maps that uses some unique features. Love the finale maps they are well worth the time it takes to complete. Really solid in all five maps.

Story: Love the story, in some ways in others just leaves me wanting a little more. My suggestion here and would take a ton of work so not sure you would want to do it, but add a companion. Perhaps a member of the Queen's family who wants to finally put her to rest. Would be a way to add a little dialogue to the quest and a few more tidbits of your lore in the world you set up.

Overall though the story flows very well from son to daughter to queen to king. You feel bad for the family, and want to see them at rest at the end.

Combat:Good variety, I was all over your final map with my ranger on the last battle. It felt like an epic fight as I was using environment to help with the victory. Nothing was to easy or to hard. Could add some staging to a few of the bosses if you wish to add more drama to it........wouldn't mind a boss prologue at the end when fighting the forgotten one!

Flow: This is the weak point of the story in some ways. Like I said a little family tie type companion, perhaps a hot cleric looking to put her great great great great aunts spirit to rest. This NPC could be the driving force to link the story for PC's who would hate to work with a demon like in part 3.

This campaign though leads you wanting to complete it more and more after part 3. I spent a few weeks doing the first three after part 3 though I couldn't wait to get to the conclusion.(That and I had some time off yeah winter break) Your enemies are well skinned, your staging all works, there are few to no bugs, and the maps are epic. I really enjoyed this campaign and hope other p[layers will as well.

Working on the finale of my 7 part series now.......so I know how much work you spent on this. Try "Higher Justice." if you want to see how you can include NPC companions to your campaign.(Or you can play the whole series to see how I build a party the pc travels with.

Thank you so much! I am glad that you enjoyed the whole Campaign! The story does take a while to build and this is something that I am seeing in the number of plays per quest also. They seem to drop off after Quest 2. I've gone in and made some significant changes to Quest 1 over the last couple of days in order to draw people in more from the beginning as I learn that people want a little more depth in the story. I am going to start fixing up Quest 2 tonight.

Quest 1 was my first quest in this toolset and there is a learning curve, which shows throughout the campaign. Now I can go back and work on the details.

I do like your idea of a companion as well as who you think it should be. I will play around with this.

Without giving too much away of the story, I really wanted the player to feel like they are alone in this quest. They are being manipulated by something/someone evil and have to work to fix what they started by putting the Princess to rest in quest 1. It was the right thing to do in putting her to rest, but now so much more needs to be done to save the world, because of that first decision. In subsequent quests, it seems that whenever the character does the right thing, it just leads to more bad. Which is the Forgotten Ones plan.

I'm glad you enjoyed the last couple of maps. I love playing the final map as there are so many different ways it can be played.

I will certainly be playing your campaign.

Thanks again!

-kell

edited December 2013
    I've now redone a large part of quest 2, The Legend of Prince Brightblade. The final area is completely new and original using the Dungeon Builder for the first time. Interesting tool, but I guess I prefer turning an outdoor area, like in Quest 5, into an indoor area.

If anyone is interested in testing it for me, I'd appreciate it! I ran it a couple of times and seems ok. I do think the last fight is almost too hard. Would appreciate feedback from any level 60's that want to run it. Use the whole new final area to kite if you need to.

edited December 2013
    It seems I am getting some plays, which is wonderful! Some of the feedback I have received here and in reviews have given me some great advice. I really wish those that gave low reviews would have given a reason. I'll just consider them trolls if no review was offered for a low score.

-More of my world lore: I've gone through and started adding this lore in interactables throughout all quests. I'll be adding more, time permitting. These are not required quest objectives. Some are hidden behind invisible or moving walls. This is for those that enjoy exploring, completion, and lore.

-Making some of the earlier quests less generic. I've gone in and redone much of Quest 1 and 2 layouts and have actually just started overhauling the final encounter in quest 1 for the fun of it! Should be done this weekend, I hope.

-Final map in Quest 5. I've received a lot of compliments on this one. However, some are having a hard time as it is a huge multi-level catacomb (see picture on OP) that was intended for exploration. It is challenging to navigate using the overhead map. However, I do not think people are noticing that I associated each objective with its own color. I have gone in and made the colors more intense and they disappear once the objective is complete.

-A major challenge is that while each quest was made to be run and has it own completable objective, one needs to play the whole Campaign to really understand the whole story. You will not "get it" until you play the whole campaign. I am trying to make each quest more satisfying upon completion...A work in progress.

I'm really impressed with this community. Thanks for all the great advice!

• chieorichieori Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Greetings!

Attempted to run your quest Dungeons of Mirent Tusk tonight. However, I encountered a problem in, I think last room or near last room. When I finished clearing the room, I was at "Make your way through the throne room to the Princess (2/3)". At this point, there were no more creatures I was able to find or kill to continue.

After looking around the room for a bit, I found if I walked back up on the platform at the top of the stairs coming into the room, I was put into aggro and something was hitting me. My companion disappeared into a wall nearby, in an attempt to get to it, I assume. I was unable to find it or damage it though. My companion was also unable to reach it. Not sure if an encounter got knocked under the ground there or maybe you have a trigger under there? Either case, I wasn't able to complete the quest.

I will try again tomorrow and see if it does it again.
    Campaign: Ashmadai Incursion
    [1] Devils in the Sewer :|: NW-DQ9WRV8HX :|: Daily Eligible :|: Featured
    [2] The Summoning :|: NW-DGG95NROO :|: Daily Eligible
    [3] Temple of the Winds :| NW-DM5JFJ3UL :|: Daily Eligible

Clan Ravenclaw :|: NW-DU3QXH237 :|: Daily Eligible
    Children's Babble :|: NW-DUD5EUH8A :|: Daily Eligible
    Solstice Academy :|: NW-DRJG6BIZM :|: Daily Eligible
    edited December 2013
    chieori wrote: »
    Greetings!

Attempted to run your quest Dungeons of Mirent Tusk tonight. However, I encountered a problem in, I think last room or near last room. When I finished clearing the room, I was at "Make your way through the throne room to the Princess (2/3)". At this point, there were no more creatures I was able to find or kill to continue.

After looking around the room for a bit, I found if I walked back up on the platform at the top of the stairs coming into the room, I was put into aggro and something was hitting me. My companion disappeared into a wall nearby, in an attempt to get to it, I assume. I was unable to find it or damage it though. My companion was also unable to reach it. Not sure if an encounter got knocked under the ground there or maybe you have a trigger under there? Either case, I wasn't able to complete the quest.

I will try again tomorrow and see if it does it again.

Thank you very much! Someone else mentioned this and I ran it a few times, but could not see a problem. However, with your details, I THINK I see where the problem is. I fixed it and once we are able to publish again, I will do so.

• tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    NWS-DITF6RXSK -- many spelling and grammar errors in introductory text. Overuse of mission info font.

I like the weather effects leading to the dungeon. Liked the optional fight before the entrance.

It's spelled "religious".

I like the church interior very much. Loved the zombie room. Nice "go faster" sparks in the hall to the portal room -- that was new to me! Loved the portal room.

Science Fiction novel? Odd thing to mention.

I couldn't continue past there because apparently a mob bugged out -- Emptied the room of all mobs, but the quest still says "Make your way through the Throne Room to the Princess (2/3)". Princess is there, room is empty, can't continue.

I liked the map making quite a lot, but the spelling and grammar need work.

Thanks!
    dec2014nwsig.png
    edited December 2013
    NWS-DITF6RXSK -- many spelling and grammar errors in introductory text. Overuse of mission info font.

I like the weather effects leading to the dungeon. Liked the optional fight before the entrance.

It's spelled "religious".

I like the church interior very much. Loved the zombie room. Nice "go faster" sparks in the hall to the portal room -- that was new to me! Loved the portal room.

Science Fiction novel? Odd thing to mention.

I couldn't continue past there because apparently a mob bugged out -- Emptied the room of all mobs, but the quest still says "Make your way through the Throne Room to the Princess (2/3)". Princess is there, room is empty, can't continue.

I liked the map making quite a lot, but the spelling and grammar need work.

Thanks!

I wish you had run it a couple of days ago...it seems that it was just featured. This is good news, but bad timing lol! I am hoping they allow me to move the skeleton. It seems to work for some and not for others.

Kell