test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats the problem with Blue Mark of Power ?

thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Blue Marks of Power are the more expensive ones in AH.

Im tired of doing dungeons and coming with empty pockets, haven't found a single one, and its stupid to give 200kAD for one in AH.
Epic Marks of Power are given after doing daily tasks !

Am I missing something ?
Is this logic ?
Is there a trick to get Blue Marks of Power ?
Can a Dev explain the inner logic in this ?

Thx for the feedback
Post edited by thrufu on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only reason that I can come up with that makes the slightest sense is that this is an anti-botting measure.

Of course given that we can now 'refine' enchantments this is not going to stop the botters anyway as low level enchantments are still going to be in demand.
  • dementedghouldementedghoul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know I've gotten one from the artifact lockbox. The second one I own has to be from the Dread (Death?) Forge last night. The junk flies across the screen so fast it's hard to keep track of what came from where.
    Characters:
    Finnigan - Dwarven Guardian Fighter (60)

Dharov - Dwarven Control Wizard (In Training)

Reikaku - Dwarven Trickster Rogue (In Training)
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While I haven't been able to play as much as before this last week, I have run about 4 epic dungeons and no marks of any kind have been gotten within. Outside of dungeons I have gotten 2 green marks from nodes... so yay me?
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    i never see it drop, well i wont lie to u guys it did drop in a box after i opened 20
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    I'll admit that the blue marks are quite annoying to get, but I find this complaint focusing on power to be funny personally. 50% of the marks I loot are power, 40% are potency, 9% are stability, and 1% are union (which is what I need).

Did see a blue mark of union drop in epic cloak tower tonight along with waters of elhazad (sp?). Got lucky and won the mark, but the game glitched and didn't let me roll on the artifact. Think I have 4-5 blue marks of power and a couple blue marks of stability from dread ring stuff.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since update I have done MC 4 times. CN 2 times, maybe 12-15 more epic dungeon runs. (Usually CT, PK or Idris since they are quick) I have seen exactly 2 Marks drop. Both were Stability. I lost both rolls. It is very frustrating.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I have been running every DD I could since the patch dropped, and doing so many dailies that my <mumble> hurts, and I have only seen one blue mark of power so far. Something is amiss.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They certainly drop - i got lucky and won one. But it's rare.

This is obviously anti-botting measure, becuase bots can't run epic dungeons.

And upgrading your artifacts IS really good and it should be relatively are.

If you want to buy, 200k to upgrade? well worth it.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thing is: The progression is completely broken if blue marks are the bottleneck. Why not give blue marks from the campaign and make purple ones actually "very rare"? That would make much more sense.
  • nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Thing is: The progression is completely broken if blue marks are the bottleneck. Why not give blue marks from the campaign and make purple ones actually "very rare"? That would make much more sense.

Agreed. Or a system where you can use BLue in place of Green and Purple in place of blue because they are more powerful.
  • noxisstnoxisst Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2013
    Well remember that with all the dungeon grinding you are still getting salvagable epics, and other assets that should turn into AD one way or the other. One MC fragment is six figures and would easily equate to 1-2 blue marks. You should still be getting items that can eventually be sold or traded for the Marks you need.
    "If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly" -- Walter White
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some are buying Blues for 25k AD from the Wondrous Bazaar and selling them for 200k AD in the AH.
  • aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just might be a string of bad luck it seems. Random system isn't in your favor, guessin devs did the math and says you need to spend some real money now sence you haven't already P:
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some are buying Blues for 25k AD from the Wondrous Bazaar and selling them for 200k AD in the AH.

But not Blue Mark Of Power.

chemboy613 wrote: »
    They certainly drop - i got lucky and won one. But it's rare.

This is obviously anti-botting measure, becuase bots can't run epic dungeons.

And upgrading your artifacts IS really good and it should be relatively are.

If you want to buy, 200k to upgrade? well worth it.

I belive that if we get AD from Dungeons we should spend it in whatever we need, but I like to be proud of myselft if I get one instead of farming one.

I still not got over it of spendink 1M AD to buy the Riser for my Fomorian Fabled Dagger. I could built 2 Fomorian Fabled Swords for my GF with the other parts i got.

The only reason I find is the anti bot measure.

But:

Completely Agree !!!
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey...what are you doing bringing logic into this.

Otherwise I completely agree.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have one from the Jawbone dungeon in the Dread Ring. Purple ones fly off the shelf, I've a ton of them from nodes and chest, all from normal solo travels. The only dungeon I've done since the Shadowmantle update has been the Daily DV, and as seems the norm, got nothing but junk that was useful 1,000 levels ago.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • fixtheserverfixtheserver Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to agree, they need to significantly increase the drop rates of the blue marks that are unavailable elsewhere. If not that, they need to make all available on the WB. Seeing how cheap it is for the later upgrades, all this is doing is preventing low level upgrades to artifacts. I've been running dungeons since the patch came out. I've seen 2 drop but they were won by kids running waters. At least make it so they can only be need rolled by people that can use them. Something needs to be done to decrease their value to a reasonable level.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    obviously there is some way to dupe or glitch them because botters have 1000s of them already.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    obviously there is some way to dupe or glitch them because botters have 1000s of them already.

I wonder about this myself. How is it that there are so many available on AH in such a short amount of time

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wonder about this myself. How is it that there are so many available on AH in such a short amount of time

Do they come from lockboxes?

If not, then it looks like we again have some more 'lucky' players...
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got into the key sale late this time around, which is unfortunate, it turns out. On the last day I had scraped up enough AD to buy the 10 pack of keys. Most anything and everything I got from the Rust Iron Lockbox I put onto the AH to continue a cycle of buying zen, keys, and selling. I should have quit while I was ahead, but after 120 lock boxes I wound up breaking even.
    That being said, for me and my RNG, I did receive many Artifact Provisions Pack (I didn't keep track of the number, sorry) and out of those I recieved 3 Mark of Power and one or two of the stability and union ones. So, at least in my small pool sample, chances weren't that great for getting one since it's sort of like a double blind. But if you're looking to try your luck without spending outright for those marks, go with the AH's Artifact Provisions Packs.

Would I love to see more avenues for being able to obtain them? Heck yes. T.bars would be one place that would be beneficial to both cryptic and players and would also give an improvised price cap for the items. Outright selling them through the wonderous bazzar? Eh... I don't know if I can dig that idea, thanks to botters. But if we keep our voices loud and constructive, there's a decent chance things might get tweaked for this very young system.
    contents to be decided
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    this kinda nails a main issue with the current enchant system. The mark restrictions due to extreme low drop rates and ways to obtain them force players into endless grinds or paying out the nose in AD....for what...rank 6's?7?s >.<
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    MOD NOTE: if you have proof of someone hacking or exploiting, you need to go through the proper channels with that information.
    Rule 3.01 - No Posting of Exploit Details
    . . . . The forums are not the place to post Exploit Reports or name Exploiters or other bad behavior. (See Rules 1.03 & 2.05) To alert the Cryptic team of a cheater or an exploiter, press H key or the ? on the menu bar to contact a GM. Then press the BEHAVIOR button. You can also contact customer service out of game via Support, or E-Mail customerservice@perfectworld.com -- especially if you have screenshots or other details.

. . . . After reporting your findings in game or via email, if you you feel it hasn't been addressed properly or in a reasonable time frame, you can contact our Community Managers, CMPinPointError or Sominator, or one of the Community Moderators via personal message. Naturally, if you think you've found a major exploit that needs the immediate attention of the Cryptic team, report it via E-Mail and PM a Community Moderator immediately.

posting theories and assumptions about cheating/hacking/exploiting is unproductive and just leads to hate and flaming. thanks.

do not reply to this note. instead, send us a PM if you would like to discuss it.
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got one from Cask of Wonders in a DR lair. Seen another drop from a mini-boss, in about 15 dungeon runs. Chances are very low indeed.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Best thing to do is not use/buy any Enchants until the new system is scrapped.
    Then you don't have to worry about the whole mess.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • zamajezamaje Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I do agree that there is a major design flaw with us not being able to use higher up marks for lower requirements. I also do not like how the blues are the bottleneck as someone pointed out. That their drop rate is so low is also confusing. We get 'epic' marks for doing dailies but can't get 'rare' marks after running so many dungeons?
  • michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    I'ts only been a few days since marks have been out and you guys expect to fine them on the first day, go grind some farming. That's what I do and I find plenty of marks.
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'ts only been a few days since marks have been out and you guys expect to fine them on the first day, go grind some farming. That's what I do and I find plenty of marks.

Wow, you must be a very lucky guy !!
    I'm sure that everybody here is just sitting and waiting for marks to drop on our purse. We dont do any Dungeons.
    And it's so logical to you that PURPLE is common and BLUE is epic !!
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I’ve run a dozen different dungeons and have seen and won a single blue mark of potency from Val’s Tower. That’s it. They were supposed to be available from dungeon nodes, dungeon bosses, and even professional leadership tasks (but all mention of that last one seem to have vanished after the first couple of days). As far as I can tell, they are only obtainable through Val’s tower, the magic gauntlet chest (gives a small chance to win depending on the upgrade level of your gauntlet), and there’s reports of them being provided in the chests that require Zen keys.

Basically, they’re rarer than a conscientious games publisher right now.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've found a couple Marks of Power. Just for giggles I put one on the AH and no sooner than I posted it, it was sold. The AD went towards my gear fund and helped me tremendously in that dept. I can always find another somewhere, I'm patient.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead