Install Arc
Options

Split shot - The one and only

2»

Comments

• Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh lonewolf works. I tested it out. Gives u a ton of dr. Not on page but it does make u tanky
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Really? Dang. Now I need to respec. Bah.. I'll wait until level 50 to respec. That gives me room for more testing as I level up before settling on a build.

Oh and so it's on topic: Split Shot rocks. :)
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lucky for a lot of players split shot/aimed hits alot with blues on ranger. U just need to have a good bow and a vorpal
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lol, I finally got around to getting one of those Muhorand Bows, and *** ME they are powerful!
    I socketed a Lessser Terror and a Lesser tene ... o.0 ... I've actually had elites and bosses RUN AWAY from me!

But split is definitely the bets all round At-Will, I regularly hit for 21k plus on a single target, sometimes with only half charge.

Adds spawning bosses are the most fun, because i just run around the outside of the 'arena' and spam split, it takes out the trash quickly, and before you know it the boss is down as well, and the chest is glowing! ... I Lurve the HR !!!
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    decitusdecitus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I tested Rapid vs Split on dummies at the Trade of Blades... Both rank 3. Tested till I didn't crit at all to keep it simple...
    10 sec, Rapid = 4.6k
    10 sec, Split = 4.8k

This is single target.
    (Repeated 3 times, same numbers. Not a lot of trials I know, so if anyone wants to test please go ahead)
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You only need to read your tool tip and look at the casting times to see that Split does more dps than rapid, that isn't actually the point.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Split shot will be more of an advantage only in certain situations where you have time to charge at range to boost it's output. Otherwise, against a single enemy with low hp or who is close to death, Rapid Shot is a little better.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it gets less powerfull later on unless you have proper armor penetration and some key feats, and even then its nothing impressive or worth using over some encounters when it comes to elite mobs or "champions" or any of the more armored targets.

It does feel weird when lvling up though, that you can clear whole areas very efficiently by spamming split shot only on any trash mobs, yes i agree to that.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I only do solo or sometimes paired PvE, so I cant comment on PvP, but I normally just use split on groups to clear the trash and damage the Elite, usually get one or two more splits against the Elite before they close, then use vines, break their shins, and if they have any health left after that, I switch to blades and kill them, that tactic has worked all the way up to the Chasm so far. On Bosses or Super Elites, like Golems, I just hit them with focused Split, then kite and spam Unfocused Split + Stag and use rapid (with the extra %dmg x distance feat) when they are into one of their lllooonnnggg windup attacks.

When paired with a good tanky GF, I let them run in and grab aggro, and I just sit back and melt them with split/rapid, it kills almost everything with just a few hits, and the GF can just stand their with shield up, not getting a scratch.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png