test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Petition for HR Respec Token

dortialthemagedortialthemage Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The latest patch made a drastic and severe change to many HR builds with the change to how the "master of archery" feat works. Because of this, I am trying to start a petition to give HR's a respec token so that they can change their character builds based upon this change.

Just to give other players an idea of the power/feats that are chosen by Archers, (ok, maybe just me) and what i use as my build.

Powers.
Rapid shot, Asperct of the Falcon, Rain of Arrows, thorn ward, Aspect of the lone wolf.

Feats
Weapon Mastery, Black Arrow, Correcting Aim, Snipers Aim, Prime Critical

These powers and feats all complement a "Crit build" that is designed to shoot things from a long distance away. Changing "master of Archery" makes this build no longer as effective as it was before, and it means that all the gear that im wearing that is critical chance gear, become less than helpful, as I should now be focusing on another build.

23 Feat points, and 15 Power Points all spent with the intent of being able to crit as much as possible, to take advantage of the 'end game' feat which has been changed so drastically that it makes a "crit build a glass cannon that is now more glass than cannon.

Changes happen to every MMO game, characters are enhanced, and characters are nerfed, (for lack of a better word) but when you change the final feat in a tree, so that an entire build to enhance this feat is changed, a respec token would go along way towards allowing HR's to change their builds to suit the new tree.
Post edited by dortialthemage on

Comments

• Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was just thinking it would be nice if they offered two free respecs for everybody after a new Module. One of them could be locked for a couple weeks later, because there are ALWAYS balance changes that occur, or just simply people need to try some things out and see what works with their first token. They shouldn't be stuck with the first setup, especially considering how much bugged stuff there always is.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So instead of being able to crit and then follow that with a guaranteed crit, all day every day, you are now only able to do this once every 20 seconds? Sounds like a seriously needed nerf. I don't agree with all the QQing in this instance.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was just thinking it would be nice if they offered two free respecs for everybody after a new Module. One of them could be locked for a couple weeks later, because there are ALWAYS balance changes that occur, or just simply people need to try some things out and see what works with their first token. They shouldn't be stuck with the first setup, especially considering how much bugged stuff there always is.

Good idea - allow everyone a free respec at the very start then announce a second (non-stacking of course) one after a couple of weeks after the worst of the bugs have been worked out.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Stop the QQ about a bug fix. The feat was not working as intended and was bug fixed. It's not a nerf or rework.

Also Cryptic does not give Free Respec tokens out for bug fixes like this. So much QQ over a simple change.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good thing Respec tokens are on sale right now.

Look - @OP: I get what you're saying and I agree to the smallest extent I possibly can. But asking for freebies isn't going to go anywhere. I wouldn't lend much, if any hope to it (I'm still waiting for Cryptic to make things right on the Companion unbinding bait-and-switch fiasco).

If it's that important to you: buy a respec token from the Z-Store or wait until, the next round of freebies is tossed about. I am NOT attempting to call you a whiner or anything like that. I really do see your point. I'm just saying hey: it's a game, it cannot possibly be that important, and if it is: the solution already exists, but it'll cost you a whole buck or two.

-shrugs-
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The main issue, Xelliz, is that the crit changed from any power (even any power @ 20 seconds would be dealable with) to encounters. So this means that while the majority of the HR archery focused player's DPS comes from split/aimed, they have to use an encounter to use the proc. My request is to make it a 10 second cool down and return the any ability crit.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    it's not a QQ its a drastic change to a specific end tree feat, I would want a free respec for any class that had that done to them, Im all for a CD timer on it, but thats not just what they did. They changed it from any atk to only encounters + a 20 sec CD...To be honest this effects a large portion of players builds, isnt a bug fix, isnt a slight dmg/stat adjustment

It would be one thing if they decided to change a feat that gave 5% of X to 3% thats a nerf, this is something different

Also I made a similar post last night before the patch, but I dont think they really care enough to give out another one...Guess well have to wait until HR's get their 2nd Paragon path and hope they release one then
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    Also its not a bug fix, if theyre tryin to call it that theyre just attempting to save grace or to find a reason not to give a respec. The skill was working "exactly" as the description said it would work...So its a bug + someone wrote the wrong description in the box? Guess a Dev was drunk that night.

its a rework of a Feat, not a bug...simple as that
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Dev's said "
    panderus wrote: »
    This particular feat was more of a bug fix as it caused a couple odd cases.

The DD chest is fixed, but the note was mixed up elsewhere. I added that in the notes, thanks!
    "
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    So instead of being able to crit and then follow that with a guaranteed crit, all day every day, you are now only able to do this once every 20 seconds? Sounds like a seriously needed nerf. I don't agree with all the QQing in this instance.

If you look at the archery tree, the tree is designed to allow you to crit on a high % chance, and to keep criting, you sacrifice other stats, and less DPS based upon the fact that your crits will make up for it, now they no longer do. An end game feat, such as Master of Archery, that gives you 2-3 extra crits per minute, is not a huge bonus, you are better off not maxing the archery tree, and trying to build the hybrid archery/melee class which the ranger has the potential to be.

I built my ranger as an archer, based upon the power/feats that were given. I collected gear, to compliment a crit build. If the archer was not supposed to go this route, explain all the feat choices that you can spend points in, that are in the archery tree, that are designed to enhance your crit chance, and lower the cool downs of your other abilities when you do.

They didn't change one power or one feat along the way, that wasn't working as intended, they changed they way the archery tree end feat works in game, thus changing the way the entire archery feat tree should be built. Without that feat working the way it is written up in the description, the entire tree becomes less effective. I would be happy with being able to just change my feats, powers and ability scores are where they are, but the entire Feat list for my character would be different if the wording on the "master of archery" feat was listed from the beginning to "may not happen more than once every 20 sec"

Anyone who looks at the HR's powers, and the archery tree feats, see's the potential for a "crit build" Change the wording of the final feat, and how its played in game, and that build isn't as viable as it was before.

Since the patch today, I no longer see any indication that the 'master of archery" is even working. If I am supposed to get a free crit possibility once every 20 seconds or so, and not seeing when I crit, explain how I know when I am criting, and when I should be loading my hawk shot or aiimed shot knowing that its going to crit when it hits?
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    Also its not a bug fix, if theyre tryin to call it that theyre just attempting to save grace or to find a reason not to give a respec. The skill was working "exactly" as the description said it would work...So its a bug + someone wrote the wrong description in the box? Guess a Dev was drunk that night.

its a rework of a Feat, not a bug...simple as that

I agree with this assumption regarding the use of the term, "Bug fix."

I feel that this change is major enough to warrant a free respec token because it alters my perception, as a player, of that entire paragon feat path.
    If you look at the archery tree, the tree is designed to allow you to crit on a high % chance, and to keep criting, you sacrifice other stats, and less DPS based upon the fact that your crits will make up for it, now they no longer do. An end game feat, such as Master of Archery, that gives you 2-3 extra crits per minute, is not a huge bonus, you are better off not maxing the archery tree, and trying to build the hybrid archery/melee class which the ranger has the potential to be.

I built my ranger as an archer, based upon the power/feats that were given. I collected gear, to compliment a crit build. If the archer was not supposed to go this route, explain all the feat choices that you can spend points in, that are in the archery tree, that are designed to enhance your crit chance, and lower the cool downs of your other abilities when you do.

They didn't change one power or one feat along the way, that wasn't working as intended, they changed they way the archery tree end feat works in game, thus changing the way the entire archery feat tree should be built. Without that feat working the way it is written up in the description, the entire tree becomes less effective. I would be happy with being able to just change my feats, powers and ability scores are where they are, but the entire Feat list for my character would be different if the wording on the "master of archery" feat was listed from the beginning to "may not happen more than once every 20 sec"

Anyone who looks at the HR's powers, and the archery tree feats, see's the potential for a "crit build" Change the wording of the final feat, and how its played in game, and that build isn't as viable as it was before.

Since the patch today, I no longer see any indication that the 'master of archery" is even working. If I am supposed to get a free crit possibility once every 20 seconds or so, and not seeing when I crit, explain how I know when I am criting, and when I should be loading my hawk shot or aiimed shot knowing that its going to crit when it hits?

Very well put.
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    The main issue, Xelliz, is that the crit changed from any power (even any power @ 20 seconds would be dealable with) to encounters.

Where do you get that from? The only change was that it can't happen more often than every 20 seconds. Nothing about it only applying to encounters.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Where do you get that from? The only change was that it can't happen more often than every 20 seconds. Nothing about it only applying to encounters.

Check again, the feat now only affects encounters. Just read it. I have tested it and it only affects encounters. Also, it's quite bugged when used with certain encounters.
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Check again, the feat now only affects encounters. Just read it. I have tested it and it only affects encounters. Also, it's quite bugged when used with certain encounters.

I've read it a few times now... there's NOTHING that says it only applies to encounters.

All it says is...
    • Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 20 seconds. Simply says "a ranged attack" mentions nothing about encounters to proc it. Any ranged attack will trigger it, and your next encounter will still crit as a result.
    • Feats: Master of Archery: Thorn Ward and Rain of Arrows now correctly trigger and use this feat. This merely means that those two encounters weren't properly procing the feat and now do.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've read it a few times now... there's NOTHING that says it only applies to encounters.

All it says is...
    • Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 20 seconds. Simply says "a ranged attack" mentions nothing about encounters. Any ranged attack will trigger it, and your next encounter will still crit as a result.
    • Feats: Master of Archery: Thorn Ward and Rain of Arrows now correctly trigger and use this feat. This merely means that those two encounters weren't properly procing the feat and now do.

Note the word in bold, red letters.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The complaint is not that the feat won't proc from an at-will crit, but that the follow-up crit which procs will only apply to an encounter power, not another at-will attack. People were using it for guaranteed crits on aimed and split shots, which now isn't an option.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2013

All it says is...
    • Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 20 seconds. Simply says "a ranged attack" mentions nothing about encounters to proc it. Any ranged attack will trigger it, and your next encounter will still crit as a result.

I'm not trying to spam, but I would like to respond.

You see, prior to the change, Master of Archery would, "When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next attack crits." Now, it's, "When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next encounter crits." I hope that you can see the major difference that the guaranteed crit can no longer affect At-Wills, which is where the Hunter Ranger gets a majority of it's damage.
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    I've suggested this elsewhere and it would have been a better change than what we got. Change Master of Archery to work like Eye of the Storm for CWs:

-- Your ranged powers have a 5% chance to make all of your ranged attacks crit for the next 4 (or whatever, three, five, etc.) seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    [QUOTE= Very well put.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

To all the players who are saying that im 'qq'ing" about a "fix or patch or nerf" or what ever they want to call the change that has happened, I am not trying to pull a fast one to get a free respec token, I am simply writing a post to get the Dev's or who ever is in charge of that possibility to consider it. It doesn't matter if you loved the HR or hated the way you thought they were over powered, the simple fact is that they changed an entire feat tree in a drastic manner. I played two rangers to 60 on the test server, not only to help find issues which could be fixed before the update when live, but also to find the best possible build that would suit my style of play. When i rolled my character on the real server, I even chose a wood elf, based upon their racial ability to gain 1% chance more to crit. This is not an option I would have chosen, had the "master of archery" feat had the wording that it does now.

When the game makes changes to a tree system that drastically effects how that tree works, and changes the final feat of that tree, they should consider how that will effect player builds, and should consider the respec token, because after all, most players who are playing the HR as an archer, built the character based upon how the feats were worded.

All I am asking is that they consider the option.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013

All it says is...

lmao.

Anyway back on topic. I dont see the need for the respec, the archery tree is still pretty awesome.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No, from where I sit, it's a lot of QQ. It's an OP feat. A guaranteed crit once every 20 sec on an encounter is still a pretty sweet deal. There is no need for a full respec (or even feat respec) because they changed this one feat.

This hasn't made any drastic changes to how the HR plays. It balances the power level. If you think that's a "nerfing", you need to go hit the books. If the power had been changed to "you now <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> daisies at your enemies, debuffing their defense 20%" - you might have a case. If the whole tree had been changed to "Daisy Farter", absolutely there should be a respec. But you still get the free crit. They just reigned it in a bit. The overall mechanic is pretty much unchanged.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks.

To all the players who are saying that im 'qq'ing" about a "fix or patch or nerf" or what ever they want to call the change that has happened, I am not trying to pull a fast one to get a free respec token, I am simply writing a post to get the Dev's or who ever is in charge of that possibility to consider it. It doesn't matter if you loved the HR or hated the way you thought they were over powered, the simple fact is that they changed an entire feat tree in a drastic manner. I played two rangers to 60 on the test server, not only to help find issues which could be fixed before the update when live, but also to find the best possible build that would suit my style of play. When i rolled my character on the real server, I even chose a wood elf, based upon their racial ability to gain 1% chance more to crit. This is not an option I would have chosen, had the "master of archery" feat had the wording that it does now.

When the game makes changes to a tree system that drastically effects how that tree works, and changes the final feat of that tree, they should consider how that will effect player builds, and should consider the respec token, because after all, most players who are playing the HR as an archer, built the character based upon how the feats were worded.

All I am asking is that they consider the option.

Stop freaking out. It was a simple change and not game breaking or class changing. It was a simple fix on a bugged feat just like they fixed the bug with fox cunning allowing cc immunity. The class plays just as it did before the fixes.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    No, from where I sit, it's a lot of QQ. It's an OP feat. A guaranteed crit once every 20 sec on an encounter is still a pretty sweet deal. There is no need for a full respec (or even feat respec) because they changed this one feat.

This hasn't made any drastic changes to how the HR plays. It balances the power level. If you think that's a "nerfing", you need to go hit the books. If the power had been changed to "you now <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> daisies at your enemies, debuffing their defense 20%" - you might have a case. If the whole tree had been changed to "Daisy Farter", absolutely there should be a respec. But you still get the free crit. They just reigned it in a bit. The overall mechanic is pretty much unchanged.

100% EXACTLY...

When Stalwart Bulwark was "Reworked" from:

Each time you block an attack you gain a stack that gives 5% of our max HP as power. Stacks up 5 times

to

When you are blocking, strikes against you generate stacks of Stalwart Bulwark. Your next power deals 20 bonus damage for each stack of Stalwart Bulwark on you. You may have up to 10 stacks.

Went from the BEST 4pc Armor set for GF's to complete garbage over night and CRYPTIC did squat for the GFs. They gave us not even a single response to the massive up roar and thousands of posts asking for a free unsocket of our enchant. That's all before the new gold unsocket system and players like myself had to spend about 5 MILLION AD (or $150 if you paid cash.) to unsocket all of my enchants.So don't come QQ in forums asking for hand outs or even a response from DEVs. The DEVs have already responded and that's more than they do most of the time.

Let them get back to working on bug fixes and spend your tiny amount of 140k AD to respec and get over with it.
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A respec token is around 150k AD.
    If you spent the time you've been complaining on the game you could've had one by now.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is a bug fix whether you like it or not. It was doing it for every damage skill. It wasn't supposed to be like that.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    It is a bug fix whether you like it or not. It was doing it for every damage skill. It wasn't supposed to be like that.

It was a bug fix that also changed the way the power works in 2 ways. So it is not "just a bug fix". I do not even use the Ranged tree (I went combat), but I think it would be a good gesture from the devs to give all HRs a free Feat Respec.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It seems a badly thought out nerf , lol glad I stuck with CW xD
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    to the OP, don't you think if they thought this change called for a respec, they would have given it? case in point: they rolled out new paragon paths = huge change = respec token. or previous to that: many class balance changes = huge change = respec token.

the current change is 1 class = not a huge change = no resepc token. at least not a huge change to all the other times they've granted a free respec.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    to the OP, don't you think if they thought this change called for a respec, they would have given it? case in point: they rolled out new paragon paths = huge change = respec token. or previous to that: many class balance changes = huge change = respec token.

the current change is 1 class = not a huge change = no resepc token. at least not a huge change to all the other times they've granted a free respec.

Correct. Also would like to point out that since I've been playing NW, the DEVs have NEVER given out respec tokens from petitions. You are wasting your time and filling the forums with spam. When Cryptic does a change that drastically changes how the class is played or they move a feat from one tree to another is when they give a free respec. Otherwise if you are not happy with a nerf, buff or change it's your dime to respec.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You know some of us (many of us probably) don't build a toon purely to take advantage of what was obviously a bug/exploit, one that the devs have even stated was never meant to be, particularly on a class that has only been live for a couple of weeks.

Some of us (probably many of us) play the game for entertainment and enjoyment, and as we level up our toons and get new feats/power and gear we try and tailor it to suit our play style. Feeling a bit 'squishy'? Maybe need more defense/regen/lifesteal. Feel like need more DPS? Maybe get some Power/Crit/ArmPen ...

AFAIC ... Storm + Teacup + Exploiters = This whole issue ...
    Just sayin'
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
This discussion has been closed.