What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kasenpoint's Hunter Ranger Endgame/Hybrid Build

Comments

• Options
    kasen420kasen420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I didn't know that! That sounds awesome. :D This is still a new class as you know, so i haven't figured out everything. but i like to think this build is a great start. Yours is too!
    Member of Warlords of Destruction Guild
    warlordsofdestruction.shivtr.com

Character List
    Old St. Sativa - 12.2K GS Human Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle - DPS Build
    Drizzt Do'Urden - 11.5K GS Drow Hunter Ranger - Archery Build
    Kronos - 10.8K GS Half-Elf Control Wizard - Spellstorm Mage - Thaumaturge + Stone
    Kasen Satanbane - 11.4K GS Tiefling Trickster Rogue - Master Infiltrator - Executioner + Galeb Duhr
    All mounted on a Heavy Worg
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @ikeepit3hunna. I'll be online in 1-2 hours
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    @ikeepit3hunna. I'll be online in 1-2 hours

Can't seem to find you. Add me? @kasen420

Character List
    Kronos - 10.8K GS Half-Elf Control Wizard - Spellstorm Mage - Thaumaturge + Stone
    Kasen Satanbane - 11.4K GS Tiefling Trickster Rogue - Master Infiltrator - Executioner + Galeb Duhr
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kasen420 wrote: »
    i put in the build that i do use aspect of the serpent. :p quite often. thats probably my favorite passive.

You don't even have a point in Serpent according to your pictures and you even quoted your class features section which makes no mention of it at all.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You don't even have a point in Serpent according to your pictures and you even quoted your class features section which makes no mention of it at all.

Ah, you're absolutely right. I was confused i thought you were talking about aspect of the falcon.
    By hybrid i mean that it is not specialized for one specific facet of the game. It aims at excelling equally in PvE and PvP.
    In order to do that, after much testing on the preview shard was to go full archery and only use melee mode to buff your party. Much more damage can be achieved through doing this. I do not enjoy the melee and i do not think it provides the DPS that you need to be an asset to your team. I apologize for the confusion.

Character List
  • Options
    didyoucthatdidyoucthat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would say this is a build for people focused on helping others not so much for DPS. If you use a combo of your melee and ranged abilities you do quite a bit of damage and since you can literally jump in on a group of 5 people blow everything and leap 100 yards away to safety with 6 dodges there is no reason to try and make your life rough attempting to go all melee or ranged your using half your class and boy do I love when I see these full ranged hunters they fall over.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I would say this is a build for people focused on helping others not so much for DPS. If you use a combo of your melee and ranged abilities you do quite a bit of damage and since you can literally jump in on a group of 5 people blow everything and leap 100 yards away to safety with 6 dodges there is no reason to try and make your life rough attempting to go all melee or ranged your using half your class and boy do I love when I see these full ranged hunters they fall over.

I appreciate your input but i respectfully disagree. In terms of maximizing damage in both PvE and PvP archery is just the way to go. If you were shooting for strictly PvP i would tell you to spec into combat as well, but to get the most out of both archery excels. You do way more damage with a full archery tree in terms of both, than you do with a half & half archery/combat. I have tested this.

Character List
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Also, you're not wasting half of your class because if you notice the encounters that i use in melee are buff encounters. You're maximizing your parties damage, while maximizing your own. Its a win win. Thank you for your input though :)

Character List
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ah hence the confusion hybrid has been used extensively on the forum to mean equal amounts of melee and ranged for dps; this is an Archery build.

Why no Disrupting Shot/Stormstep?
    A daily that stuns, does good damage and uses 25% of your AP and a class feature that takes 3s off your cooldowns makes a good combination. Plus see voltomey's comments about Stormstep + Forest Ghost.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ah hence the confusion hybrid has been used extensively on the forum to mean equal amounts of melee and ranged for dps; this is an Archery build.

A daily that stuns, does good damage and uses 25% of your AP and a class feature that takes 3s off your cooldowns makes a good combination. Plus see voltomey's comments about Stormstep + Forest Ghost.

How has it been used extensively on the forums for that? There are classes that dont have any melee? There are hybrid cw and dc guides. hybrid means it is made for PvE as well as PvP. and Disrupting Shot is great but Seismic Shot and Forest Ghost are just too important to me to use it. Stormstep is also nice but i find that having twice the rotation as other classes due to have individual cooldowns on melee and ranged that by the time i finish my rotation my powers are already cooled down. They cool down as fast as i need them and thats why recovery is not as nearly important with this class as say a TR. thanks for the input.

Character List
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Plus with the Royal Guards set your cooldown is 30% faster anyway. Just seems like a waste :X

Character List
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Plus with the Royal Guards set your cooldown is 30% faster anyway. Just seems like a waste :X

I agree with this if your a Hybrid Ranger Recovery Royal guard and Feats like agile Hunter will be enough for CD management. But if your a Purly Ranged Archer and only switch to melee to Buff your self Storm-step/Twin-blade Storm and Forest Ghost+Disrupting will allow you to go even harder on dps and with the incoming nerf to MoA my archer will be leaning to Grand warden Set now so i will need assured CD management and not a percentage chance.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nishijounishijou Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    People over the forums are saying not to get Electric Shot, but I'm dying to know what it looks like via a video or something before I decide myself. Yet your build has it maxed. What's your opinion on it. I currently like to use Split as the main and Aimed as my 2ndary.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    I agree with this if your a Hybrid Ranger Recovery Royal guard and Feats like agile Hunter will be enough for CD management. But if your a Purly Ranged Archer and only switch to melee to Buff your self Storm-step/Twin-blade Storm and Forest Ghost+Disrupting will allow you to go even harder on dps and with the incoming nerf to MoA my archer will be leaning to Grand warden Set now so i will need assured CD management and not a percentage chance.

Yes, sad to say but this build will pretty much be obsolete when they nerf that. :/ I just am not a fan of Disrupting Shot. I love the CC of Seismic.

Character List
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    nishijou wrote: »
    People over the forums are saying not to get Electric Shot, but I'm dying to know what it looks like via a video or something before I decide myself. Yet your build has it maxed. What's your opinion on it. I currently like to use Split as the main and Aimed as my 2ndary.

I really wanted to love electric shot. But it just wasn't doing aoe damage like split shot was. Dungeons are basically you just spamming split shot haha. I would definitely put points into something other than Electric Shot. Like disruptive or stormstep.

Character List
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes, sad to say but this build will pretty much be obsolete when they nerf that. :/ I just am not a fan of Disrupting Shot. I love the CC of Seismic.

I don't use disrupting either forest ghost is just better and i am usually to busy to try rupting boss attacks
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013

That's why you have Seismic, Ghost and Disruptive at 3/3 so you can choose the right combination for the situation. Because sometimes a stun and interrupt is far better than a push and sometimes its the otherway around. (Also Ghost isn't always needed.)
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    I don't use disrupting either forest ghost is just better and i am usually to busy to try rupting boss attacks

voltomey, what do you think about a Wise Ranger build? Its something i've been wanting to try. Get incredibly high wisdom strictly for the purpose of having all that crit. then you wouldn't have to stack as much crit, nor armor pen because our armor stacks so much of it anyway. that would leave a lot of stats to devote towards life steal/deflect/regen

Character List
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voltomey, what do you think about a Wise Ranger build? Its something i've been wanting to try. Get incredibly high wisdom strictly for the purpose of having all that crit. then you wouldn't have to stack as much crit, nor armor pen because our armor stacks so much of it anyway. that would leave a lot of stats to devote towards life steal/deflect/regen

If you gonna reroll a ranger roll with a 18 wis 18 dex Build that should do the trick its easy for us to stack Armor pen to easy if you ask me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TbJhoxeWOM PvP compilation of this build. Thanks for your interest guys. :)

Character List
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi, I really liked your build, do you mind if I can add it to mmominds.com?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    not at all. go right ahead. link me once you've done it. as long as credit is given to me, i dont care at all.

Character List
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    dreadnitedreadnite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    is this a pvp only build? cause i do pvp but not a hardcore one, so is it good for pve as well?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dreadnite wrote: »
    is this a pvp only build? cause i do pvp but not a hardcore one, so is it good for pve as well?

it is used for both PvE and PvP alike. That is why i referred to it as a hybrid build.
    like i said above though, due to the nerf to the master of archery feat this build's dps has been greatly reduced.

Character List
  • Options
    dreadnitedreadnite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    okay cool been gone since beta so i need to catch up on new things lol
  • Options
    diablorfdiablorf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it is used for both PvE and PvP alike. That is why i referred to it as a hybrid build.
    like i said above though, due to the nerf to the master of archery feat this build's dps has been greatly reduced.

Hey kasen, any ideas about ur next build? Will it be pure raged or ranged/melee? Because I like to play a pure ranged class, but with this changes I think the only way is to go melee/ranged...(((
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The reduction in DPS is not that significant tbh. Oh there is a clear reduction, you want just slot vorpal and allways top DPS charts now, but its not a complete lost cause.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    have to say, the power selections is all kinda bad. no fox cunning which is prob the best single target damage (melee), great versus boss fights. Also targets perma stealth rogues when they are nearby (depletes their stealth too as well as half their hp)

stormstep action and distruptive shot.... thats alot of damage gone by not using distruptive shot all the time (or most the time.)

I would post my hybrid build, and explainations/analysis but got enough to take care of with my wizard guide. :(
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    shadowslay9shadowslay9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey kasienpoint is this build still viable for the latest patch? If it isn't viable or needs tweaking what would you tweak regarding the latest patch? (gear, skills, ability score, feats, paragon, boons)