Install Arc
Options

Kasenpoint's Hunter Ranger Endgame/Hybrid Build

13»

Comments

• Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For an Archer build this is still useful, for the most part.

I used this build for my own HR, although I had some changes here and there, but it does do high damage. Just read through the post and make the necessary changes that others suggest, and/or make your own as you see fit for your playstyle.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,1li3i3c:6z55v:6u000:60000&h=0&p=swd

Is the modification of this that I've opted to go with, could you give me your thoughts? The basic changes: 3/5 Predatory Action and 2/3 Disciple of Dexterity instead of 5/5 Swift Footwork, Also dropped 5/5 Ghostwalker in favor of 5/5 Retreat Technique
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    ariakan79ariakan79 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just recently got into this game and I have tried all the clases and HR is by far my favorite class. This is the only full detailed guide I have been able to find. Will this be updated soon? I want to level my HR and while I don't mind paying for a respec token if I have too, it would be nice to have an updated guide to look at if it is out there. If not, any idea when it will be if at all?
  • Options
    mallaphaarmallaphaar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have that same question ariakan When will this be updated?
  • Options
    muramirimuramiri Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just a little info on a RDD HR build:

i think i should advise not to use the upper guide for pvp.
    stormwarden is not the best for pvp (nothing really usefull from skills), excelent for pve, but not pvp.
    i recomend the pathfinder.

skills for pvp:
    at-wills: Split-shot and hunters teamwork (aoe dmg, target dmg, debuff, +high AP gain from carefull attack)
    encounters:
    1, must have skill) Fox's cunning (dodge the first attack- good against warlok, GWF, GW, TR, other RDD hunters, the mele fox-shift provides +speed and short time imun that can save u, it also slows down the hited targets)

2) Maradeur ( really good escape, mele helps finishing low hp using maradeur+foxshift)

3) Hindering shot (good dmg per shot, the mele strike can help u finish the target after foxshift, +1sec roots-no one escapes) / Thorn ward (one of the best debuffs and it helps keeping under control the check point, deals a lot of dmg)/ Constricting Arrow (just high dmg and multi-target roots)/ Binding Arrow(good dmg, the mele oak skin heals well)/ Commanding Shot (good debuff, together with hunters temwork ~ -20%dps for the enemy and a little -armor, stag heart provides a usefull buff)

Daily:
    1, must gave skill) Disruptive shot (high dmg, and ~2.5 sec the target can't use any skills, without this skill u will be unable to kill a cleric or wizard)

2) Forest ghost (escape, bonus speed, good for initiateing but has a very unpleasant bug: any control skill will dispel it)/ Seismic shot (very high dmg with good area of effect)/ Slashers marc (more actual for mele but also good for RDD if you need to finish someone or not to leave him a chance to escape, provides regen for Shifts when the marked target is attacked, also-high dmg on solo targets in pve)

Class fatures:

1) Pathfinders actions (activated by Disruptive shot which is used as the CD passes, provides deflection, helps surviving)

2) Aspect of the lone wolf (more, more, more deflection, you become really hard to kill)

Feats:
    http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,1xi0iii:1zu5z1:100000:100000&h=0&p=pfr

Predatory Action- more dmg for disruptive shot (used frequently) and any other daily skills
    Weapon Mastery and Toughness- no coment (more hp and more crit)

Endless Assault- pleasant +dmg for encounters.
    Lucky Skirmisher- i think u have allready understood me :)

Disciple of Strength- no coment. Of cource Extra Action is good to but DoS is better and carefull attack provides enought AP.

Stillness of the Forest is not used because in pvp battles it will be not as usefull as it is in pve.

i know that the guide is not actual, and i hope that this info will help at least 1 person :)
    the upper given tips are just "my honest opinion", u can modify the bild as u need/want

PVE tips:
    used skills: Rain of arrows, Thorn Ward, Fox's Cunning/Hindering shot or Binding arrow (or any other encounter u like)
    at-wills: Split shot and Hunters teamwork(+Carefull attack, use it on any big fat *** mob)
    class features: aspect of the pack and lone wolf or aspect of the flacon.
    Daily: Slashers mark and Seismic shot

if u are Stormwarden (or want to be) use in pvp the same skills exept pathfinder's, u can use Aimed shot insted Hunters teamwork and Stormstep instead pathfinder's actions. Also, split the sky can be used as a buff (mele) and check-poin controll skill.

P.S. sorry for my poor English, i'll be realy glad if someone will help to correct the grammar/spelling mistakes.
    Sorry if it is necro-posting, i have not found other thread about RDD HR.