test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Moudle 2 changes to Coalescent Ward from Coffer of Wonderous Augmentation

blueknightblueknight Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hi

I was really looking forward to module two. Until I read the following.

Items and Economy

General

Vault of Piety: The contents of the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation are now Bind on Account. They can be sent to other characters on the same account via in-game mail, but may no longer be traded in person or on the Auction House.

Well that is going to massively force the price up of coalescent Ward in terms of there value in AD and keys.

It has been one way that people had the chance to gain keys, to gain AD - Now the fact that the Coalescant Ward is bound to the users account and can no longer be traded is going to stop this.

Then again looking at it another way, on the ZEN market a Coalescent Ward is worth 1000 ZEN and well a single key is 125 ZEN (just under a 100 if you buy the 10 pack) So I suppose that 4 or 5 keys to one ward is more of a fair price.

Can see though that the over all affect though will be to push all items up in value, be it in AD or gold.

p.s

If this is going to be bind on account then they should make other things. Such as items bought on glory, from gaunt coins, seals.
Post edited by blueknight on

Comments

• Options
    parrhesiaparrhesia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm with you. It's like they are trying to get us to leave the game...
  • Options
    noxisstnoxisst Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2013
    most wards on the AH come from the Tarmalune trade bar merchant obtained through lockboxes.. i would imagine very few come from CoWA boxes as a 25% once per week if you happen to log in every day, would not populate the AH very well.
    "If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly" -- Walter White
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    noxisst wrote: »
    most wards on the AH come from the Tarmalune trade bar merchant obtained through lockboxes.. i would imagine very few come from CoWA boxes as a 25% once per week if you happen to log in every day, would not populate the AH very well.

Unless of course there were companies running lots of invocation bots....
  • Options
    sternerrsternerr Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    blueknight wrote: »
    The contents of the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation are now Bind on Account.

Are you sure?
    I just checked, the coffer itself is BOP. The content I don't know, but it now drop peridots and aquamarines, and there's plenty on AH already.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, the contents of the coffers are BoA (and mailing to self did work).

This isn't the only way to get peridots and aquamarines. The ones on the AH could have come out of lockboxes or epic dungeon skill nodes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sternerrsternerr Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just wow then. I'm grabbing my popcorn and waiting for the damage control show :P
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's also true that with the new system you now need much less coal wards.

Before update:

to make a Greater weapon/armor enchant, you needed

4x lesser for normal= 4 coal wards
    4x normals for Greater= 16 coal wards

After update:

to make a Greater weapon/ armor enchant you need

2x lesser for normal= 2 coal wards
    2x normal for Greater= 4 coal wards

It a lot less coal wards required.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    It's also true that with the new system you now need much less coal wards.

Before update:

to make a Greater weapon/armor enchant, you needed

4x lesser for normal= 4 coal wards
    4x normals for Greater= 16 coal wards

After update:

to make a Greater weapon/ armor enchant you need

2x lesser for normal= 2 coal wards
    2x normal for Greater= 4 coal wards

It a lot less coal wards required.

But.... You need (2) Epic Marks which is 100k AD each so 200K + 400k AD Ward. So how is it cheaper.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sternerr wrote: »
    Just wow then. I'm grabbing my popcorn and waiting for the damage control show :P

Youre just a bit late. This isnt drama, the real drama happened weeks ago. When the original plan was to simply remove the coffer and use 6 day Sharandar coffer as the ONLY consolation and alternative.

Massive drama and outcry got the box returned. Bind on account was the compromise. So, its not something I expect is going to change. I feel lucky we got it back at all.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    People should stop throwing that 100k AD number around. Blue marks are already on the AH for slightly over half the price from the Wondrous Bazaar. Right now, people are trying to sell the purple marks for higher than the WB, but that won't last. The people who are already farming epics will just start selling marks. As supply increases, the prices on the AH will drop.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I agree that the prices will drop off, both as supply increases and the day-one demand decreases. I'm mostly only seeing them for more expensive than the WB so far though. Just checking at the wrong times, I guess.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I grabbed a four pack of blues for 58K earlier. It's likely the reasonably priced ones don't last long.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bought two CWards from the AH today for 110k each. *shrug* Don't see much difference in pricing, to be honest, and the supply will continue to come in. Why? Keys are the number one seller from Cryptic. That means more Tam bars, which mean more C Wards.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would speculate that coalescent wards will increase in price due to the bind to account, however it is being offset by boxes at the moment due to sale on keys and the new box dropping so everyone is cracking them open. Give it time the love for the new boxes will fade and coal wards will start to be scarce. I think the bind to account is a good thing it stops people from praying with a bunch or characters or makes it harder for them to get ad for their coal wards. For a standard player it isn't hard to come across four shards and make a lesser enchant and trade that as if it is a coal ward. Shards will begins to rise in price if this occurs but lesser enchants should fall if people start using the bound coal wards to fuse to make ad. Ultimately i think it's good it makes it more difficult for the people with 50 characters to make ad from praying or bot characters for praying. Has no real effect on casual players just a minor inconvience that we should be able to live with.
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has no real effect on casual players just a minor inconvience that we should be able to live with.
    Just dropping in to say I am a casual player.

I play 1-2 hours a day,10-15min of which is spent praying.I've spent money and supported this game.

I have ~40 characters that I pray with and use mainly to get my AD because I nowadays don't have the time to 'grind' delves/CN and for me Its boring to grind the same 2-3 dungeons for a year.

I'm not really outraged with the new system ,I guess I will use the reagents to upgrade my own enchants/or just stop praying at all/ so its almost the same thing although getting AD is now not an option for me ,and I'm not a fan of being forced into playstyles.

If this change was mainly due to botters then this was a bad decision because it influences a lot more legit players.It's not like the market had crashed or anything.
    I have many friends in my guild that have a few 60's and I'm guessing there alot of other people with 1-12 characters and from what I heard being discussed in chat pretty much no1 was excited about this change.
  • Options
    pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Seriously? I figured you were trying to make things EASIER for the general public, not harder.. with the way this new enchanting system is setup and wards being bound and everything being expensive is insanity.. NOW to top it all off, the new Wondrous Coffers where you used to get Blue/Green ward, you now have a third option to get a piece of junk Peridot worth 500 Refine points and NO Green Preservation Ward OR Blue Coalescent Ward. This to me, just makes it harder to achieve our free wards to get our enchants atleast maybe once a month and now the chances I am assuming will drop to 1/8 to receive a Blue Coalescent ward due to the new third option reward creating more possibilities of NOT getting it.

Please revert to the very FIRST drop rate now that boxes are bound, this will be the second nerf on boxes and you are really just harming the people with few characters trying to get their one-two free wards.

Also, put the Peridot into the top bracket where you receive enchants or a rank 5, this would atleast make it so you atleast get your preservation ward once a week.

My two cents,
    Pestilence
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously? I figured you were trying to make things EASIER for the general public, not harder.. with the way this new enchanting system is setup and wards being bound and everything being expensive is insanity.. NOW to top it all off, the new Wondrous Coffers where you used to get Blue/Green ward, you now have a third option to get a piece of junk Peridot worth 500 Refine points and NO Green Preservation Ward OR Blue Coalescent Ward. This to me, just makes it harder to achieve our free wards to get our enchants atleast maybe once a month and now the chances I am assuming will drop to 1/8 to receive a Blue Coalescent ward due to the new third option reward creating more possibilities of NOT getting it.

Please revert to the very FIRST drop rate now that boxes are bound, this will be the second nerf on boxes and you are really just harming the people with few characters trying to get their one-two free wards.

Also, put the Peridot into the top bracket where you receive enchants or a rank 5, this would atleast make it so you atleast get your preservation ward once a week.

My two cents,
    Pestilence

From a sample of 1100 coffers the drop rate for a coal ward was 5%. Down from 15%. It's more accurately called the mediocre coffer of junk.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The coffers weren't the only thing to suffer. This whole game took a nose dive.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tornnomar wrote: »
    The coffers weren't the only thing to suffer. This whole game took a nose dive.

Um is it? Its very human not to accept changes i know ;). But you know - sometimes it just sounds like old people talking about how good everyhting was back then...
  • Options
    sithxardhasithxardha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited December 2013
    Those new system is kind of joke right? wait, its not April 1..
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I believe they felt there were too many wards getting into the system from the coffers; especially with so many prayer-bots being run. This does reduce that; until the prayer-bot legions grow by a factor of three. As a casualty of their attempt to slow them down, the rest of us have to deal with a factor of three lower drop rate. To me, I've stopped logging my alts in every day to pray. The lower chance of getting good rewards from those chests has led me to question whether it's worth my time and bother.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nurmood wrote: »
    Um is it? Its very human not to accept changes i know ;). But you know - sometimes it just sounds like old people talking about how good everyhting was back then...

Yeah back when it was actually realistically possible to get unbound coalescent wards from the coffer , nowhere near as good as it is now with a measly 5% drop rate and account bound to boot , this new coffer is wayyyyyyyy better ......
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was perturbed to see that the Wondrous Coffers were now BoA; that nerfed a significant portion of my AD income (since I'm too lazy to actually run Foundry quests, dungeons, and skirmishes, I found the weekly dose of 17k-20k AD on each toon to be a godsend). However, if I can get my alts all up to a significant level, I should start seeing an appreciable difference. Cryptic may have caught me off guard, but they didn't stop me.

PRAYER-BOT 4 LIFE!!!

Just kidding... maybe... kinda...
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this worth purchasing anymore? If not, what should we be spending the coins on?
  • Options
    kraventh1kraventh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    Just dropping in to say I am a casual player.

I play 1-2 hours a day,10-15min of which is spent praying.I've spent money and supported this game.

I have ~40 characters that I pray with and use mainly to get my AD because I nowadays don't have the time to 'grind' delves/CN and for me Its boring to grind the same 2-3 dungeons for a year.

I'm not really outraged with the new system ,I guess I will use the reagents to upgrade my own enchants/or just stop praying at all/ so its almost the same thing although getting AD is now not an option for me ,and I'm not a fan of being forced into playstyles.

If this change was mainly due to botters then this was a bad decision because it influences a lot more legit players.It's not like the market had crashed or anything.
    I have many friends in my guild that have a few 60's and I'm guessing there alot of other people with 1-12 characters and from what I heard being discussed in chat pretty much no1 was excited about this change.

I'm in the same boat .... what a load of baloney this is!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this worth purchasing anymore? If not, what should we be spending the coins on?

If you want to make weapon/armor enchantments these are worth getting. Otherwise I am not sure.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the CoWA needs a new icon = The Troll Face! As obviously that name is meant as a joke by the devs - See I'm smiling?

Personally I just save up my AD from Daily's, Professions and Invoking and buy already upgraded Enchants and Runes from the AH, let the bots do all the work I say.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2013
    So should Coalscent wards drop now more rapidly?

I must be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of luck then, 12 coffers, 0 coalscent wards after the new module..

:(
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    blueknight wrote: »
    Well that is going to massively force the price up of coalescent Ward in terms of there value in AD and keys.

How that? If it is bound, there can be no sale at all, no price.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    How that? If it is bound, there can be no sale at all, no price.

People can still sell ones they've bought with trade bars, or even gotten out of rune/enchantment coffers from the Nightmare lockboxes.

Neverwinter Census 2017