test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadowmantle Pack - Details Please!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'd really like to know what's in it. We got 3 days until Module 2 launches - we need info.!
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They might not announce it until the module is live, considering how much gnashing of teeth there was over not being able to use Feywild Knight stuff on purchase.

It's not like they've really discontinued any packs, so if budgeting for it concerns you at all, you'll likely have all the time in the world to buy one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One thing I'm almost sure about is that there will be a "cyborg" companion (for guardian/starter pack equivalent).
    How can I tell? At Grand Emporium enterance usually are 2 companions (from lockbox and from pack)
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    One thing I'm almost sure about is that there will be a "cyborg" companion (for guardian/starter pack equivalent).
    How can I tell? At Grand Emporium enterance usually are 2 companions (from lockbox and from pack)

That is not a "Cyborg", that is the Blacksmith :) He *is* wearing some weird eye-patch thing, but that is the only "cyborg-esque" thing about him.

I am more interested in the Rust Monster that is also displayed!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »

According to the collection system, the Blacksmith will be in the zen store. Of course, that could be wrong. We will see.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Details are now up in the Dev Announcements section. Go look!

Or follow this handy direct link: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1046681
    edited December 2013
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1046681

Looks GOOD.

Love the account wide unlock for the pet, and the greater bag of holding is also quite nice. Now we just need to know how much zen this is going to cost.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    would be nice to know also if heroes of the north pack gets a ranger weapon in their greycloak box aswell.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    would be nice to know also if heroes of the north pack gets a ranger weapon in their greycloak box aswell.

yes. /10char
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    slambit wrote: »

I believe that this has been fixed on Mimic.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BTW, the link posted earlier is for a Hunter Ranger Booster pack ... It says nothing about being a Shadowmantle pack, I'm still hoping for a pack similar to the KotFW or HotN pack for Shadowmantle.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • thanatosis01thanatosis01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I saw the news post about the hunter ranger boost pack, and it's cool and all, but it seems like it may have intimated that there is a second, unannounced pack as well. Given the history of multiple packs in the past (including the last module), and given that most of the stuff in the boost pack is geared for new characters, I'm kind of thinking that they will be announcing a second "Shadowmantle" pack as well. Any word on this yet?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, the booster pack seems to be halfway between a starter pack and a regular pack. I'm doubting there will be a standard one of either kind.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I saw the news post about the hunter ranger boost pack, and it's cool and all, but it seems like it may have intimated that there is a second, unannounced pack as well. Given the history of multiple packs in the past (including the last module), and given that most of the stuff in the boost pack is geared for new characters, I'm kind of thinking that they will be announcing a second "Shadowmantle" pack as well. Any word on this yet?

This booster pack is specifically related to the hunter ranger class. Note that no mention has been made regarding a Shadowmantle pack. Personally, it would be foolish for them not to release at least one pack specifically for Shadowmantle.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I read it as them saying "when we released Shadowmantle a lot of people said that we should have released some sort of pack for that, so we made sure to include one this time".

Not saying that a Shadowmantle pack is in the works, just them acknowledging that they heard what the people had to say then and that they are responding to that now.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    merged two shadowmantle question threads.

also, i'm told this is the only pack that's going to be released right now.
  • enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i'm told this is the only pack that's going to be released right now.

Quoting from the News Blog for the HR booster pack: "We received many questions from the community about a Shadowmantle special pack and we’re happy to be able to offer players these unique set of items."

It seems they are treating this booster pack as the new module pack...inline with what Melody found out...
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited December 2013
    They probably figured out that they can make more money by spreading out a pack's content over the Zen store instead of offering single 100$ packs.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was planning on buying a shadowmantle pack. This helps me in no way. The ranger, while cool and wanted by many, is not the main focus here. This is kill valindra and save the day epic content for all classes and races. Where the hell is the "guardian or feywild pack" for this new content? I thought they had set the standard with mount, pet, cloths, some sort of bobble. I guess I'm upset because I was planning on spending money on the game again and I'm just not interested in this pack.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• cruachanxcruachanx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I feel bad for the people that didn't take advantage of the Zen sale to save money for the pack, only to find out the pack is bought with Zen. Got a guildie that's mighty upset about that.

I really don't know what Cryptic was thinking. I don't think it was malicious, but I don't think this pack was well thought through. I'd personally delay the patch for a week, and introduce the packs similar to previous expansions, but I am sure I am in the minority here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does the Hero of the North, Guardian, and Feywild packs give the regular items to the Hunter Ranger?
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Does the Hero of the North, Guardian, and Feywild packs give the regular items to the Hunter Ranger?
    Yes. Everything that applies to "all characters" applies to the Ranger as well. The Ranger-only items (bow and hatchets) in the Ranger Booster pack apply only to the Ranger. But it is unclear if the bow and hatchets will apply to all Rangers you create or only to one.
    edited December 2013
    Yes. Everything that applies to "all characters" applies to the Ranger as well. The Ranger-only items (bow and hatchets) in the Ranger Booster pack apply only to the Ranger. But it is unclear if the bow and hatchets will apply to all Rangers you create or only to one.

I *hope* that the HR only weapons are both inside a single box that you can claim as often as you like, on any character. Only the HR can use it, and they should have no sale value, but that would allow them to be used on any HR that you create while still keeping them as "HR only" items.
  • themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    Im a little confused here on the 3 offensive slots:

"- Bow of the Wild: 87-107 Damage. +127 Power. 3 Offensive Slots: +10 Power, Critical Strike and Recovery. +53 Armor Penetration.

- Hatchets of the Wild: 52-64 Damage. +127 Power. 3 Offensive Slots: +10 Power, Critical Strike and Recovery. +53 Armor Penetration."

Does that mean that the bow and hatchets will have 3 enchantment slots? Or does that correspond to +10 power, +10 crit, and +10 recovery?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Im a little confused here on the 3 offensive slots:

"- Bow of the Wild: 87-107 Damage. +127 Power. 3 Offensive Slots: +10 Power, Critical Strike and Recovery. +53 Armor Penetration.

- Hatchets of the Wild: 52-64 Damage. +127 Power. 3 Offensive Slots: +10 Power, Critical Strike and Recovery. +53 Armor Penetration."

Does that mean that the bow and hatchets will have 3 enchantment slots? Or does that correspond to +10 power, +10 crit, and +10 recovery?

I was wondering the same thing , and if this means they have 3 slots for enchantments then does it mean a possibility of level 60 gear getting more slots too at some point in the future?
    edited December 2013
    Or somebody screwed up copying and pasting the item description from the hawk companion.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited December 2013
    Or somebody screwed up copying and pasting the item description from the hawk companion.

That is my thought too. Especially since the Hawk does have 3 offensive slots.
    edited December 2013
    Actually, your screen cap shows the last slot being defensive.

This is confusing.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    cruachanx wrote: »
    I feel bad for the people that didn't take advantage of the Zen sale to save money for the pack, only to find out the pack is bought with Zen. Got a guildie that's mighty upset about that.

I really don't know what Cryptic was thinking. I don't think it was malicious, but I don't think this pack was well thought through. I'd personally delay the patch for a week, and introduce the packs similar to previous expansions, but I am sure I am in the minority here.

I almost held off because of this, but decided against it, now you're telling me I got a free account wide companion from transferring my Zen purchase into the game, and I can then use that Zen to buy the module 2 pack and get a second account wide companion?
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Actually, your screen cap shows the last slot being defensive.

This is confusing.

That made me lol.