test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats going on Cryptic?

berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Im doing GG T2, every opportunity i get to farm Dwarf Kings Crypt and to do PvP.
Well it has been fun until the last patch that was a so called "Foundry" fix. Because other things you fixed was loot in DK.

After some guy made this thread about DK beeing profitable, you fixed that so its not profitable anymore:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?529131-Gauntlgrym-Dwarf-King-Dungeon-can-be-very-profitable

EVER since your foundry fix patch my groups have been getting nothing but rings and belts from that dungeon, and your playersbase talks to eachother, so its like this will all the groups we have spoken to. Now why would you change instance loot drops and drop chances without telling your players?

Now i understand you dont want people to earn any AD in this game at all besides the daily cap you put up. Becuase the chances are higher they will buy some ZEN. But this is no way to treat your players.

You have also changed CN, last boss, numerous of times, so that the fight would be different, or i dont actually know at all what you are thinking. Who changes an instances after its released anyway?
You said in a post that pushing mobs of the ledges at Draco was a part of the fight? Now, you havent been able to do that for quite a while now, and why?

The most important thing here is, to communicate with your playerbase. I was angry as *cencored* yesterday, because you did it again. As you did with CN, and all the other "dungeons", you did now with GG and DK.
Also thank you to that guy who made the thread about DK beeing profitable, next time, maybe you should not tell cryptic when you have a moneymaking idea.
Post edited by berzergera on

Comments

• Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think it should be obviously by now, with ideas and changes such as:

- BoP drops
    - blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops in MC and upcoming VT
    - insignificant weapon upgrades that take an eternity of farming (or an AD shortcut, obviously)
    - upcoming need to activate campfires/complete dungeon objectives to progress
    - CN changes to make the fight progressively more difficult (I don't think we've seen the last of this...)

... that the direction this game is going is a slow but steady limitation of farming possibilities.

To put it simply, they don't want you to get good gear and enchants fast enough, they want you to buy Zen, and exchange to AD.

Seems completely obvious to me, and I will never buy Zen exactly for this reason, and when the farming will be beyond my endurance level, I will leave for greener pastures.
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well they must realise if there is nothing to farm. there is no reason to play?

I really dont mind the campfire changes because Ancient weapons are too cheap now anyway. But the fight changes to an instance and changing boss fights after the content has been released its just silly. The last 4 months its been probably 5 or 6 diffrent strategys to kill draco. I wonder how they will force us to kill him after next patch... If only they told us what they have changed, so we dident have to guess.
    Now im not doing GG again, because obviously they made only rings and belts drop, i really really wonder what i will farm after they kill CN.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    berzergera wrote: »
    Well they must realise if there is nothing to farm. there is no reason to play?

I really dont mind the campfire changes because Ancient weapons are too cheap now anyway. But the fight changes to an instance and changing boss fights after the content has been released its just silly. The last 4 months its been probably 5 or 6 diffrent strategys to kill draco. I wonder how they will force us to kill him after next patch... If only they told us what they have changed, so we dident have to guess.
    Now im not doing GG again, because obviously they made only rings and belts drop, i really really wonder what i will farm after they kill CN.

Well I'm sure they would like to make the CN drops BoP, but then there would be a small revolution. I assume the next change will be more invisible walls, until all we can do is burn everything. Which is possible, but not easy at all and might be not worth out time any longer...
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, GG T2 (among other things) is pretty weak, Cryptic. I've stopped running T2s and MC all because of the horrendous drop rate. DKC was a common run for me, but now it's not to attractive. CN is getting the shaft soon. The AD from GG is nice, but considering I have over half a million rough AD, I don't think I'm missing out on anything if I don't participate.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sigh. Seriously? I didn't get to check this GG, I had the queue bug.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i do know that there are forthcoming changes to the gauntlegrym mini dungeons that are going to eliminate "speed runs". it would seem abundantly clear to me that when these kinds of changes are made, it's to correct something that wasn't working as intended. that would include the addition of invisible walls, the addition of doors, etc. as for the drops from these dungeons, are you sure that the ratio isn't just RNG bad luck? even if this was a specific change that was implemented, all MMOs have specific clauses in their terms of service that states they can change anything in-game at their discretion. while some players have serious issues with that, you really have only one recourse against such actions. but you'll be hard pressed to find a game company that will ask it's community first if it's okay to make certain changes before implementing them.
  • Options
    captkickasscaptkickass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    berzergera wrote: »
    EVER since your foundry fix patch my groups have been getting nothing but rings and belts from that dungeon, and your playersbase talks to eachother, so its like this will all the groups we have spoken to. Now why would you change instance loot drops and drop chances without telling your players?

i haven't noticed any difference in the loot from DK. i got a couple nice drops just yesterday (t2 boots and weapon). might this just be a case of RNG being RNG?
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If people wouldn't be constantly exploiting the living hell out of every single bug they can find, the developers would not have to change the boss mechanics/dungeon progression and put up more invisible walls/ gate items behind BoP.

You reap what you sow, guys. It is how it is, expect it to even get worse for the future content.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    If people wouldn't be constantly exploiting the living hell out of every single bug they can find, the developers would not have to change the boss mechanics/dungeon progression and put up more invisible walls/ gate items behind BoP.

You reap what you sow, guys. It is how it is, expect it to even get worse for the future content.

I'm not at all for exploiting, but how are you supposed to get AD decently fast without quick runs and dungeon farming, if you don't feel like making an army of invoking/leadership chars? In this game it takes forever to get BiS compared to other MMOs, and it has very little content to make up for the very long run.

IMO these are not measures to deal with exploiting, rather to gut as much as possible AD revenue and farming, even the legit type.

Again, this is from the perspective of a f2p player, obviously you can buy BiS (almost) everything and never worry about farming.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm earning AD by doing a specific foundry mission, over and over again. (Today, i have gotten a dragon egg drop from it and i'm happy.) This involves hours of grinding and takes some time but works very well with the fey enchantments which grant bonus gem drops. I make huge amounts of AD that way, because often times i find piercing berserker belts, aswell (they sell for 75-100k AD each). The highest amount i have ever earned, just by playing non-exploit foundry grinders is around 650-700k AD in a day.

This isn't for everybody, but if you don't mind a little grind it's perfect.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Today, seems to be my lucky day, played for about 50 minutes and logged off with 75k+ AD gained already.

Have fun, good luck, and embrace the grind!

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Today, seems to be my lucky day, played for about 50 minutes and logged off with 75k+ AD gained already.

A few of the guildies and I work the AH for AD. It's not hard, and it doesn't take too much to get started. There are other ways to make AD besides grinding. I'm not too concerned with T2 GG. It's to be expected, of course.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Such flukes can happen, but for me to get lucky, RNG needs to be on my side, and it was today 3 times in a row. I won't say how much this day will probably earn me but yeah... enjoy farming while it lasts, because PW/Cryptic are clearly intent on limiting it severely.
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I like the idea of farming, but I have never done any foundry before. I've just been trying repeat grinding the first shardanar dungeon. I had no idea you could get these kind of drops from it either. Can either of you message me the foundry or any other little tips you might have for doing this?
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    instead of changing the bosses in dungeons, they are changing things that are not really worth doing right now waste of time. They should change the bosses how adds keep coming and coming, and all the boss does is two to three attacks and more adds then more adds. Change the bosses and have less adds not what there doing now, all it is is the boss stands in the middle and adds keep coming around him or her. give the bosses more attacks and less adds, change that not what your doing now.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    instead of changing the bosses in dungeons, they are changing things that are not really worth doing right now waste of time. give the bosses more attacks and less adds, change that not what your doing now.

Lame and simplistic "more red, more adds" boss "mechanics" is a common complaint in the forums... for months. There were some insignificant changes to the "more adds" part, but "more red" still stays strong.
  • Options
    moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Lame and simplistic "more red, more adds" boss "mechanics" is a common complaint in the forums... for months. There were some insignificant changes to the "more adds" part, but "more red" still stays strong.

are u 12? less ads not more ads wtf is wrong with you
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    moogle71 wrote: »
    are u 12? less ads not more ads wtf is wrong with you

She means that cryptic changed the old boss fight mechanic of "more adds" a little bit with the Sharandar content. MC has fewer add spawns, but more powerful adds.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    She means that cryptic changed the old boss fight mechanic of "more adds" a little bit with the Sharandar content. MC has fewer add spawns, but more powerful adds.

Intelligent people comprehend. Other insult when their limited comprehension ability is challenged.
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well as far as cn goes. They make it harder because the prices on cn items become garbage fast. When I see cn below 500k its just dumb. Almost BiS should not b this cheap.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I heard fragments drop in MC.

Lies I say...all lies!!!
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The BIGGEST issue with ALL of this is:

They made the risk/reward or in this case time/reward meaningless in dungeons.

I am fine with alot of the changes but Cryptic needs to do something for the players when they change this.

Mainly, LESS ads!

What is the reason people speed run and throw mobs? Because killing mobs over and over and over and having boss spawn mobs over and over and over is NOT fun! Its NOT something people want to do!

Why do people speed run and play GG dungeons? Because its a relatively short run, and the rewards CAN be good.

Dont want people doing that? ok cool, but then change the current dungeon system! Seriously! A group of full T2s should be able to BREEZE through T1s.

A group who can farm MC, SHOULD be able to BREEZE T2s.

Im sorry but the epic dungeons NEED to get reworked BEFORE you make all these drastic changes to player farming.

Your really not making any friends right now, nerfing PVE so bad and not complying to PVP players at all either, what is there left to do?

If things are not changed to bring FUN back to the game, I really hate to say it, but players are gonna jump ship fast....
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think, people like being rewarded with a lot, for doing nothing. That's why people do "speed runs".
    Believe it or not, the ad spawning is common amongst D&D games. Try to play: D&D chronicles of mystara. You are going to be like... "Wth!? this is like neverwinter, in 2D". Besides, people have tested it already, the ads do not even keep on spawning infinitely. It just takes some time to finish them all off, this alone is the reason for some peoples behaviour > impatience & greed.

I know it's sad, since it's a reflection of our irl society.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I heard fragments drop in MC.

Lies I say...all lies!!!

Normal day in MC...

JR0SkGP.jpg

...is never as good as this. In fact, this is pretty much the only time I've ever seen a double epic drop in MC.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think, people like being rewarded with a lot, for doing nothing. That's why people do "speed runs".
    Believe it or not, the ad spawning is common amongst D&D games. Try to play: D&D chronicles of mystara. You are going to be like... "Wth!? this is like neverwinter, in 2D". Besides, people have tested it already, the ads do not even keep on spawning infinitely. It just takes some time to finish them all off, this alone is the reason for some peoples behaviour > impatience & greed.

I know it's sad, since it's a reflection of our irl society.

I agree with this post, but overall I still hold the reason dungeons are boring is because there are so many ads and NO rewards for killing the adds.

Honestly I think T1 ads should drop Rank 6 enchants and T2+ should drop R7 enchants. This would give a really nice reward for killing those ads...

Also, ads should be reduced in total number and the boss should spawn less ads in total number, I dont care if its infinite, its just so ridiculous. Why do you think people knock off ads?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    True, if you want to get rid of speed runs, make trash mobs rewarding. I'm not gonna detail, yet again, how it is done in other smarter games. You gotta make people want to kill that trash.

As for boss having just red zones and trash waves as mechanics, it's a lack of developer imagination and probably resources. if you want to keep players happy, make elaborate, epic encounters, with many boss mechanics, and actually dangerous bosses. Trash should never be more dangerous than a boss.
  • Options
    skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    loot is still good in DK, got miracle healers helm, and shadow weavers tunic yesterday
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    skylher12 wrote: »
    loot is still good in DK, got miracle healers helm, and shadow weavers tunic yesterday

Will kill for this helm. After 20 completed SP runs with nothing to show, will keel for it. Everytime. EVERYTIME I do GG t2 I end up with the darn prophet champion helm. I got one on the AH right now qq.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    I agree with this post, but overall I still hold the reason dungeons are boring is because there are so many ads and NO rewards for killing the adds.

Honestly I think T1 ads should drop Rank 6 enchants and T2+ should drop R7 enchants. This would give a really nice reward for killing those ads...

Also, ads should be reduced in total number and the boss should spawn less ads in total number, I dont care if its infinite, its just so ridiculous. Why do you think people knock off ads?

Your idea is great.

I'd like: Epic bosses, should have rank 7 maybe up to rank 8 gem drops (BoP), added.
    Thrash mobs should have a chance of dropping rank 5's. Imagine, how people would
    immediatly stop exploiting and play through every dungeon, making sure no mob is left
    out, on the way to the boss.

One can dream, ok? ^^

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One thing to consider, is that while they're not adding these to the mobs' drops, blue marks are being added to Epic skill nodes and chests. The only other way to get those is paying 25k AD at the Bazaar. Epic bosses will have a chance to drop the purple marks.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother