test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20131111a.4

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Here's a full list of today's patch notes:
  • Addressed a portion of new characters being created ending up on the Foundry servers away from the rest of the player population (this was hotfixed already).
  • New characters that ended up on the Foundry servers instead of the regular play servers will now be transferred to the rest of their adventuring brethren.

- Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh...how about that Sword Coast Adventurers mini-game ? :(
  • omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Oh...how about that Sword Coast Adventurers mini-game ? :(

I think it is comming with the Module 2 Update as far as i have seen/read somwhere...I too wish it would be sooner :D
  • theclansman35theclansman35 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just that?
    4 hours for just that?
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    omuhao wrote: »
    I think it is comming with the Module 2 Update as far as i have seen/read somwhere...I too wish it would be sooner :D
    Yeah ._.

I just hope there will be some unique rewards for the mini game in future. It's still as fine as it is now on preview though ;P Loved it!
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    4 hours for that stuff???

You got to be joking Cryptic!!!! I hope there are a lots of unlisted changes/fixes as well...
  • pappy43pappy43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah, foundry really is a mess, if you think about this particular fix, putting the right characters, in the right places, and at the right times, its gona take at least 4 hours. that, is a lot, of code, to clean up. oh yeah, that mini game? its a gateway thing, yes its coming with the expansion, the rewards arent all that unique but worthwhile, and the ranking? only counts for the mini game of sword coast, their rank, IN that game, not their actual rank.....sad phil :,,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Does this look infected to you?"
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Such a bad time to put it :/ just came home and wanted to play for a few hours. Guess that aint gonna happen...
  • sirslidessirslides Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At least the new players finally get a chance to distract themselves from the flood of numbers and interact with us now ! :P
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    4 hours for that stuff???

You got to be joking Cryptic!!!! I hope there are a lots of unlisted changes/fixes as well...

The extra time is due to them having to transfer characters on the foundry server to the live server.
  • raylex25raylex25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm a new player, i'm pretty grateful for this, and like dardove said, it'll take time, but in the end it'll be worth it and they wont have to do anything like this for a very long time.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I'm well aware non of you ( including myself) are online MMORPG game developers. Yet you have the nerve to actually complain about the time needed to fix something like that.

That's just sad.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patch notes from 10/29/13: "Sharandar: Players should no longer get stuck in combat unexpectedly while standing near the Dark Fey Enclave quest givers and entrance."

This is still happening quite frequently to me. It's a minor bug at best...hit Change Character, choose that same character, and re-enter the game, and you're out of combat mode...but it's a pain, and one that was supposed to have been corrected.
  • pappy43pappy43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    whats sad is badgering a guy for his personal frustrations. there's a lot of folks who feel that way. at least forums gives them a place to vent modestly without being jerks about it >>>>>

i mean, forums is here to help people right? not knock them down just because they're a little miffed? happens to all of us.
    Such a bad time to put it :/ just came home and wanted to play for a few hours. Guess that aint gonna happen...

no biggie rj. while ur out of game, why not explore forums, news, or maybe even some vids to help improve your gameplay? oh and uh, welcome to forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Does this look infected to you?"
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I understand why it may take 2 hours or so but 4 hours is Extreme,

Always the down time affects UK/Europe time zones when we want to play most :(
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They run the regular scheduled patches first thing in the morning in the developers' time zone, so they have all day to fix it if something goes wrong.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They run the regular scheduled patches first thing in the morning in the developers' time zone, so they have all day to fix it if something goes wrong.

Their Timezone sucks :>
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I remember Nightmare Thursday very clearly...sometimes even innocuous patches have unforseen consequences. I will not begrudge PWE/Cryptic the time to make things better for us, even though I'm off from work today and could be well into slaying the monsters of my imagination by now even though I slept gloriously late.
  • valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    myles08807 wrote: »
    This is still happening quite frequently to me. It's a minor bug at best...hit Change Character, choose that same character, and re-enter the game, and you're out of combat mode...but it's a pain, and one that was supposed to have been corrected.

It's happening to me as well, nearly every time I log in with my GF.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    lol please nex time you have a so long downtime tell us 1 or 2 days before. I will loose all my coin if i don't pray in 30 minuties from now. They don't expire, but after i must go out of home and i cannot came back before 4 hours, when it will be too late. Usually i don't have problems and can pray after the downtime, but usually it last 1 or 1.5 hours, not 4 lol.

Ty
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It was posted up on their social media (facebook and twitter) 12+ hours ago as well as on the forum a full day in advance.

12 hours is a nice window of warning time, but you should always expect maintenance on Thursdays around this time anyway, as that has long since been their habit for the live server. Sorry that you're losing your C. coins.
    contents to be decided
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is something more to that lat patch. My GF is now procing his weapon enchant with both sword and shield atwills. I saw something in the preview patch notes last week about fixing the long time issue and they must have snuck it into this one. Stoked! I had put his gear and enchant progression on hold for a long time because of the problem.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    It was posted up on their social media (facebook and twitter) 12+ hours ago as well as on the forum a full day in advance.

12 hours is a nice window of warning time, but you should always expect maintenance on Thursdays around this time anyway, as that has long since been their habit for the live server. Sorry that you're losing your C. coins.

i dont have facebook and dont have twitter... i think that one place should contain all ibformation
    , i cant follow three things. So any news/warning should be posted in the forum.
    P.S.
    at the end server went up in time and i could invoke^^
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i dont have facebook and dont have twitter... i think that one place should contain all ibformation
    , i cant follow three things. So any news/warning should be posted in the forum.
    P.S.
    at the end server went up in time and i could invoke^^

They do post the downtime notice on the forums as well.
  • d1sn3yd1sn3y Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Here's a full list of today's patch notes:
    • Addressed a portion of new characters being created ending up on the Foundry servers away from the rest of the player population (this was hotfixed already).
    • New characters that ended up on the Foundry servers instead of the regular play servers will now be transferred to the rest of their adventuring brethren.

- Dwight

i dont mind the weekly maintenence, but the map over Pirate's Skyhold is still gray/white, have been like that for weeks now =/
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    They do post the downtime notice on the forums as well.

yes but too late: i sleep, go to job... lol
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's also shown in a bold bright red message on the game launcher window, you couldn't really miss it
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited November 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    It's also shown in a bold bright red message on the game launcher window, you couldn't really miss it
    Usually a day in advance too.
    -Rajani Isa
  • fistiganfistigan Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So with new patch today 12/03 You guys have been doing this a lot lately you can just patch with NO patch notes? getting a little shady around here im thinking
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only patching going on is pre-Shadowmantle stuff. Maintenance today was just kicking the servers, so there were no notes. This was detailed in the sticky thread (now unsticked and locked because it's complete) about maintenance in the general forum, which is where they always put the maintenance update topics.

It might be nice if they stuck a note in here as well about how there are no notes some weeks, since some people apparently only look here.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    around the holidays and long weekends, most companies don't implement changes to avoid having to pull people away from their families and planned vacations. from a logistical standpoint, it's good business.

as for ninja-patching or patching without patch notes, the terms of service states they can make changes at their discretion with or without notifying the player base. fixing things that aren't working as intended or exploits isn't something they usually include in patch notes. again, it is entirely at their discretion.
This discussion has been closed.