test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guestimation's for the release of Shadowmantel

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The bonus XP weekend coincides with an American holiday. I think that's the main reason they're having it, even though the scheduling looks odd alongside an unannounced-but-soon launch date.

The main reason for thinking it won't be then is that it's too close. They're not going to just drop the module on us without making a big deal over the release date for at least a few weeks before.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The main reason for thinking it won't be then is that it's too close. They're not going to just drop the module on us without making a big deal over the release date for at least a few weeks before.

Don't forget giving us time to buy the pack for this module.
  • dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Before Christmas for sure.
  • sorytdrewsorytdrew Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The bonus XP weekend coincides with an American holiday. I think that's the main reason they're having it, even though the scheduling looks odd alongside an unannounced-but-soon launch date.

normally i would agree with you but star trek came out with season 8 at a random time with no prior warning and it added just as much content as module 2 will.

with the amount of dev blogs coming out that you can see via the launcher, if there doing what they did on sto, I would give it 1 or 2 weeks

Update: (6:41 pm 11/20/2013)
    mysterious patch banner appeared on my login attempt, set for tomorrow morning with no patch notes in forum.
    This is what they did on star trek hopefully tomorrow Shadowmantle is out.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    Well the year is getting old already and I think they want Module 2 out before the Xmas holidays, ideally 1 week before the vacations start, so that they have time to fix some emergency bugs, since I doubt their full staff will be available between the 24th and 1st. My uneducated guess based on nothing is either the 12th or 19th.
  • hoodster7hoodster7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was hoping you could give us a date if not a better sense of the time frame when the expansion is coming out module 2 that is. I thought at first that this patch tomorrow was going to be it but then you said the only reason its going to take so long is to transfer those characters.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With a 4+ hour maintenance tomorrow, it makes you wonder...
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Until they announce the date, it is safe to assume any given patch is not module 2.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hoodster7 wrote: »
    I was hoping you could give us a date if not a better sense of the time frame when the expansion is coming out module 2 that is. I thought at first that this patch tomorrow was going to be it but then you said the only reason its going to take so long is to transfer those characters.

Before the end of the year.

One way to have a better idea is to keep following the patch notes on Preview.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• irdillonirdillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited November 2013
    2x Exp next week, that seems like a big hint, but I'm not so sure.
    edited November 2013
    irdillon wrote: »

Pretty sure that is just due to Thanksgiving.
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Pretty sure that is just due to Thanksgiving.

I guess, but what good will that be for 60's? I guess Cryptic expects people to make new toons just because it's Thanksgiving.
    edited November 2013
    I guess, but what good will that be for 60's? I guess Cryptic expects people to make new toons just because it's Thanksgiving.

Getting companions ready for Sword Coast Adventures?

Of course it is not like every event needs to good for every single character.
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Getting companions ready for Sword Coast Adventures?

Of course it is not like every event needs to good for every single character.

I guess that works, I forgot what the event description was but did it apply to quests too? Like sharandar dailies? That'd be very nice for leveling companions
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    With a 4+ hour maintenance tomorrow, it makes you wonder...

the four hour maintenance is to fix this:
    We will be transferring characters that were accidentally created on Dungeon (the UGC shard) over to Dragon (the play shard).
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The event may also be thought out so that people who still need to level can do so quickly to get ready for the new content.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't want Shadowmantle in its' current state. Ever.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    killmehplz wrote: »
    November 14th or 19th. Corresponding with the CTA event. Duhhhh

NO it wasn't Duhhhh!

Of course it wasn't going to be.
    They would not run a CTA the same time as a new release content. People would get frustrated and confused and complain that they can not do everything + They want people in the game for the most amount of time in a year - why would they give people an excuse not to log in, if everything is done at once why would they!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I pick New Years Day with a big countdown new years eve,followed by an emergency update 1 hour after launch that pushes it to sometime new years afternoon,(or the 2nd if the devs are to drunk to patch.)
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013

I seriously doubt that. The ranger is the best content update since months and they want to keep players busy with it for at least a while. Also leveling in this game does not take long, they won't shorten the novelty of a new class by giving 2x xp upon it's launch.
  • valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm guessing the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Surprised there was no pack this time, though.
    edited November 2013
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's official: December 5th now. I commented on the "delay" LOL

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?531991-Shadowmantle-delayed-No-matter!