test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Banks and Bind on pickup.

Comments

• stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I have an XP Booster on one of my characters, still unused since I got the Guardian pack. It is account bound.

There is no way to give it to another of my characters. Can't mail it, can't hand it over, can't pop it in a bank.

Gee, I wonder what the perfect work around for this problem would be.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I add my vote on account wide banks , account wide banks are going to be standard in ESO upon release.
  • zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, an account wide banks would be a great and simple thing to add.
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...text...

Fully agree ! Nowdays I use ingame mail as "account wide" bank but a bigger bank, that was account wide would make life easier, and actualy have me concidering to upgrade the size.

And the last section... I got two CW offhands from malabog when playing my cleric, and one DC offhand on my CW !! That frustration:|

Account bound drop that binds to character when you equip would be a fair compromise with the current system.
  • ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Another thing that needs looking into is all the 'can not discard' 'can not sell' coins tokens etc, mainly the ones from special event, all the events drop these either minor coins, shards that hand in for other tokens etc that are also 'can not discard' 'can not sell', these all go into your currency inventory tab along with all the dunegeon seals, Sharandar daily rewards and the soon to be module 2 daily items.
    They all take up slots and as for the event items you can not get rid of them and more than likely you will not use them again, or at least for a year, but they are taking up room, Why can not we remove them ?

I played since Beta weekends and have done all the events and all the dungeons and now i have 1 slot left in my currency tab, so what happens when Module 2 comes out and i need space for the new daily items ? the tab is getting full of useless items you can not use and can not remove. you can not even pout them in your bank to save for a next event, what is the point of making them so you can not remove them?
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I've had to trade in all my Fomorian Blood vials twice already, and sell my sub 60 bounties on the AH to make more room.
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited November 2013
    Yes we still need an account bank. Also so you don't have to ask someone else to hold your gold so you can get it on another character.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, I know this has been brought up before, but it needs to continue to be brought up until something happens.

Since so many things have been changed to BoP, I think it would make people a lot happier if stuff was bound to account, rather than the character. Frequently things that one doesn't necessarily want or need on a character will drop for them, but then on another character, who could use it, they'll have to grind like crazy. Adding more grinding to a game doesn't make it more playable.

Similarly! I believe that things bought from the Zen store - particularly clothing and bags - should become Bount to Account once equipped. I have characters I don't really want (or intend to reroll) that I can't reroll because they have fashion outfits I don't want to lose. That Zen cost real money and there's no reason why we should be stuck with it on a specific character after paying for it. Same goes for things that are limited-time - I don't want to lose my golden pantaloons or Caturday cloaks on some of my characters, either.

This brings me to Account Banks. Having a bank that can be accessed from all characters would be a great way to get people to buy more Zen. I would gladly pay for more bank slots in a shared account bank, while I am NOT spending zen for the individual bank slots. Which also go away if you delete your character, I might add! Things that one paid zen for should not be locked to that specific character. If these changes could be made, I would probably be willing to pay even more than I have for more Zen, and I think others would be as well.

100% Agree with everything said here. I wont buy bank space for a character when I can just make a bank mule and store my dyes and runes/enchants/random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in their bank and mail it to whichever of my real characters needs it. I would however pay for expanding slots in an account bank.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    One thing I thought I would mention about account banks in STO is you have to pay for it in the ZEN store or I think you can get that perk if you become a Gold Subscriber...
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would be perfectly fine with a Bound to Character once an item has been loaded onto a character slot. But Bound to Account would be great before that, when it is just in the inventory... (so just replace 'Bind on Pickup' with 'Bind to Character' on pickup as soon as it is picked up)

Thanks
  • edvillelinedvillelin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is it possible for me to put some of my coins in a bank without belonging to a guild? I know I can put items from my inventory, but what about coins? Thanks.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No, but there is really no need to put gold in your personal bank.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why?

Have you hit the Gold limit of 214,748.3647 or AD limit of 100 million on one character...?
    edited November 2013
    Okay, thanks for replying.
    edited November 2013
    Just thought it would be pretty cool if you could put coins in a bank and have it gain interest lol. Just like in real life, I spend it as quick as I get it.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I seem to have certain bound account wide items such as xp boosters given to my lvl 60s. How do I transfer those?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You try mailing them to yourself? And picking up the mail on other char on account. Otherwise not sure.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I seem to have certain bound account wide items such as xp boosters given to my lvl 60s. How do I transfer those?

How do you transfer them in Co Wimpazoid? Not the mail, but by shared bank. Something NW is lacking currently. So, until that happens, you cant do much with them.
  • mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited November 2013
    so before the shard merged, PW has excuse that its difficult for them to have the bank universal for all characters, but now since the shard has been merged and everyone is on the same server, i dont think there should be more lame excuse for not having a universal bank
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hard to have a shared bank when you have items that are bound to a character, otherwise that would be pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hard to have a shared bank when you have items that are bound to a character, otherwise that would be pointless.

Except, that there are currently items already in game that are set as bind to account with no way to transfer them. Such as the xp boosters Wimpazoid mentioned.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Only work-around would be to collect a bunch of the same treasure items, since they stack, and mail those around if you need to transfer gold.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i haven't heard pwe or cryptic make any statements concerning account-wide storage since the merge, much less any excuses. it seems pretty obvious to me that right now, their main focus is getting module 2 released. when and if they make this available is speculative at this point, although it is a much-desired option.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Except, that there are currently items already in game that are set as bind to account with no way to transfer them. Such as the xp boosters Wimpazoid mentioned.
    That is certainly true. I was just pointing out that with character bound items having a shared bank is becomes complex. Players being able to manage character inventories is one of the areas that the Devs need to work on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Only work-around would be to collect a bunch of the same treasure items, since they stack, and mail those around if you need to transfer gold.
    Alternatively create another account, use the trade feature to trasnfer gold to them and back again to your other account.
    edited November 2013
    Want!
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Account wide banks would be GREAT! Also, make seals and pvp gear Bind on Account, then they will really be usefull apart from the ad salvage generation they are used today...
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not at all. I use a one-person guild for storage. There's tons of non-bound items that are clogging my characters inventory. Like runestones and enchants, and items worth selling on the AH, and so forth.

Having an account bank would mean that I can do all that without needing to use the email system. And that's assuming no additional account bound items ever come into existence.

If they do, then the account bank just becomes even more handy.
    edited November 2013
    Not at all. I use a one-person guild for storage. There's tons of non-bound items that are clogging my characters inventory. Like runestones and enchants, and items worth selling on the AH, and so forth.

Having an account bank would mean that I can do all that without needing to use the email system. And that's assuming no additional account bound items ever come into existence.

If they do, then the account bank just becomes even more handy.
    It would also be good to remove/reduce BtC and make everything/most things BrA instead since you already earned the item...
  • kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited November 2013
    I agree with the op that while I love the game and think it's great, it's missing some features standardized in most mmos that give it a cheap feel. I'm more than happy to support games that I enjoyed, but the nickle and dime approach can sometimes backfire and make players leave.

I fully support this and hope the devs prioritize it.