test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Christmas Goblin Ball

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Now that the Masquerade is winding down, let's start our wishlist for what we want to see for the winter holidays.
  • Definitely SNOW!!!
  • A His & Hers Santa outfits or worker elves
  • Snowman Companion
  • Red/Green dye sets
  • Snowballs or Frozen Water Balloons
  • Dancing Goblins in Christmas Elf outfits or standing on corners ringing bells
  • Solstice cookies with varying buffs

Rest of you fill in the rest!!! :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hopefully a dedicated event map similar to what the midsummer festival had .
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, it's never winter in the city of Neverwinter, so likely you'll need a dedicated event map similar to the midsummer festival for a snowy place. And as I'll be out of food buffs by then, some new ones would be nice. And we just did an event in the city.

An ice wolf companion would be fun or a mini-ice golem. And some more weapon/off hand skins: Ice weapons, northern aura, celestial stars. Snow outfits, and winter holly outfits would be fun.

It would be really fun to have a pvp 20 v. 20 skirmish event, that armed everyone with snowballs, which you couldn't take damage from. A certain number of hits and you get transported back to the home fire to warm up. Point caps and simple hit points for nailing someone with a snow ball would determine the winning team, without it being a contest of tenes and gs.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    odd111out wrote: »
    Well, it's never winter in the city of Neverwinter, so likely you'll need a dedicated event map similar to the midsummer festival for a snowy place. And as I'll be out of food buffs by then, some new ones would be nice. And we just did an event in the city.

An ice wolf companion would be fun or a mini-ice golem. And some more weapon/off hand skins: Ice weapons, northern aura, celestial stars. Snow outfits, and winter holly outfits would be fun.

It would be really fun to have a pvp 20 v. 20 skirmish event, that armed everyone with snowballs, which you couldn't take damage from. A certain number of hits and you get transported back to the home fire to warm up. Point caps and simple hit points for nailing someone with a snow ball would determine the winning team, without it being a contest of tenes and gs.

All of this. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • piglettapigletta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sled ride mount and snowstorm map,something like midsummer festival,but with snowstorm challenge.I personally love Holidays season music,so if PE would play Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer will make me laugh :)This upcoming Holidays season is celebrated different all over the World( some people never saw a snow !!! ),I would like to see event that will bring all players together and let everyone have fun:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've seen on several other online games where everyone searched for the body parts to put together a snowman.
    -or-
    Have peeps walk across a frozen lake where it would randomly crack open and they fall in. All those that make it across wins the prizes. :eek:
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013

this would be great until people started complaining about frosty the perma-stealth and jack the control wizard not to mention perma-tank santy clause himself. they should just leave pvp out of it completely.

you're welcome.
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Snowball pvp sounds like fun!
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I had a totally different vision from your title. Something along the lines of Valindra singing Silent Night and the players being so touched that they walk over to her camp and challenge her to a friendly game of Goblin Ball which involves kicking a little goblin about till it passes between two points, or 'goal posts'.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Attack of the abominable snowmen led by Valindra! Polar Bears! Snow!Snow!Snow! and NO running around collecting xmas tree ornaments! ZombieSanta attack?
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Fix first the core bugs in all dungeons and system!!!
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +1000 snowball fight!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With no throwable pumpkins, definitely snowballs! A santa outfit could also be cute for my female characters. Those are just the ones from the top of my list.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I foresee a route in Protector's Enclave where you have to deliver gifts 1 by 1 to earn Santa-tokens that can be turned in to buy a green striker companion for 600 tokens...
    edited November 2013
    santa said he's not coming to neverwinter because valindra did enough naughty for everyone there. so... guess again.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    And music of Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer.
    English is not my first language.
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    this would be great until people started complaining about frosty the perma-stealth and jack the control wizard not to mention perma-tank santy clause himself. they should just leave pvp out of it completely.

you're welcome.

Litterally, you would only have snow-balls available to you. No Dailies, no Tab, no Encounters. Just Left-Click for snowball.

The only real difficulty is the poor GF who has no evasion on shift, just his shield. So you'd either have to allow him to absorb more snowball hits or let him don a special snow shield that absorbed x number of snow balls before breaking. And he'd get a new one if he gets sent back to the fire to warm up.

Don't look behind you, but I think that's the Ghost of Christmas Past.

^^
    edited November 2013
    One of the prizes should be Transmutations for the Shirt and Pants with Hairy Polar Bear skin. That'll take some serious razors come Springtime. :eek:
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Everyone,

Although I some-what enjoyed the event(s) so far I have to be very honest I am quickly getting board with what has been done thus far, they are just mindless grind fests.

It's a shame that someone takes their time to design these events/areas as they are done well, the summer event area was very very nice ( the feel and the Look ), too bad Sharandar didn't have this same feel and look ( Seemed to be rushed, Graphically ) I wish they would have kept the " Summer event Area " for a questing. Our recent Hallo'een event, I only had enough in me to get 600 tokens and that was it and even that for me was a struggle.

I think my dis-like of the events started with the " Tower District " skirmish event I actually decided to go against my better judgement and try to start getting into these events but, sadly, it was the beginning of the end for my wanting involvement in these special attractions, For all the time that I put into that one I got nothing to show for all the hours.

For me...... Even though the design of the events/areas have a good atmosphere about them I would much rather see that time put into bug fixing/and customer support for the time being.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • zenzebzenzeb Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Skis please!
    edited November 2013
    Litterally, you would only have snow-balls available to you. No Dailies, no Tab, no Encounters. Just Left-Click for snowball.

The only real difficulty is the poor GF who has no evasion on shift, just his shield. So you'd either have to allow him to absorb more snowball hits or let him don a special snow shield that absorbed x number of snow balls before breaking. And he'd get a new one if he gets sent back to the fire to warm up.

Don't look behind you, but I think that's the Ghost of Christmas Past.

^^

hate to break it to you but... CWs already have the corner market on snow-balls. see what i did there?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I approve this message!
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dude, I kill enough attacking stuff during the course of normal questing. Forget that -- I wanna wear a funny hat and have an epic snowball fight. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited November 2013
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bring IT! Im ready to go!

SnowballCannon.png
  • faerenifaereni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Goblin ball... there's an actual sport named that on another MMO.

Anyway as far as what I would like to see... I shared back at the end of Midsummer Festival:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?490021-A-Midsummer-Thank-You!&p=6096231&viewfull=1#post6096231

:D

@melodywhr I see what you did there indeed...
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Definitely need Winter Wolves, Ice Gollums to fight or as pets. Ice/snow colored dyes -or red and white.
    Hmm... elf hats, red mini-skirts with white fur trim. Weapon alts that look like ice.

As everyone says: Snowball fights! Like water balloons, but should last longer. Winter here is 4 months. :/
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want mistle-toe panties.
  • drastyk1drastyk1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Hopefully a dedicated event map similar to what the midsummer festival had .

+1........
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    perhaps have a some sort of god of trickery make Neverwinter freeze over? that's how we get snow in Neverwinter proper

i do agree though we need a dedicated map for a winter event, snowball fight PvP and PvE (snow catapult building a la gauntlgrym ^^), holiday foods and dye packs (multiple dye packs if you please, green red and white, maybe white blue and light blue), maybe a reindeer mount with sleigh bell sounds for it's summons (if it also ran just above the ground it would be even more epic)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P