Install Arc
Options

First impression: CTA Pit Fight

Comments

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mikabella2 wrote: »
    This CTA.. Its was fun at first, now its boring trying to farm the mount - Terrible RNG luck sucks :c
    One thing though, my ignore list has grown quite a bit thanks to this CTA. Ive noticed A LOT of lower level players who just sit in the back and dont even attack, im sorry but if im the group leader, youre getting kicked. I ended up in a lower level group, me being the only 60 and everyone else was fighting with me, then i notice this one CW just standing around in the back.. yeah no.
    Then the rediculous amount of repel / divinity sunburst.. as a CW who just gathered up the mobs to hit with my SoTEA its frustrating.
    Guess ill just be sticking to guild runs or just one single farm group for now.

Random queues on this sort of thing is fun (for me at least). You never know what you're going to get. But its still doable with the worst case scenario. Keeps it interesting.

One time I go in and I outlevel everyone by 30 or so levels. The next time I get put in a party of all 60s, 4 CWs and a TR. Constantly changing parties keep it lively.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Random queues on this sort of thing is fun (for me at least). You never know what you're going to get. But its still doable with the worst case scenario. Keeps it interesting.

One time I go in and I outlevel everyone by 30 or so levels. The next time I get put in a party of all 60s, 4 CWs and a TR. Constantly changing parties keep it lively.

I like it, too. Reminds me of pugging in Beta *laughs*
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The drop rates in CTA are horrid. I wish the devs understood the concept of "counters". Its very simple. When you finish an event, you got a drop, if its not epic, you get a counter so that next time you get a higher chance of an epic. And so on and so on. This way eventually you'll get something decent. Otherwise its just a Charlie foxtrot and no rewards.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mikabella2 wrote: »
    This CTA.. Its was fun at first, now its boring trying to farm the mount - Terrible RNG luck sucks :c
    One thing though, my ignore list has grown quite a bit thanks to this CTA. Ive noticed A LOT of lower level players who just sit in the back and dont even attack, im sorry but if im the group leader, youre getting kicked. I ended up in a lower level group, me being the only 60 and everyone else was fighting with me, then i notice this one CW just standing around in the back.. yeah no.
    Then the rediculous amount of repel / divinity sunburst.. as a CW who just gathered up the mobs to hit with my SoTEA its frustrating.
    Guess ill just be sticking to guild runs or just one single farm group for now.

I've been forming teams through the NW_Legit_Community or /LFG channels, and had very good results...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its ok. I didn't have too much lag before they booted us off. Could care less about mounts as they dont serve any other purpose than to help you move faster. What I want are the Cruel Enchantments.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Level 1 enchants ? Even redcaps in Sharandar drop lvl 4 enchants. No enchants at all would be a better idea, devs.
  • Options
    methillomethillo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't like BoP

I'm was trying to get the hammer skin for my GWF but got the mount instead. The mount would fit with my TR but I'm pretty sure that the rest of the event i won't get the mount with my TR and the only one i got with my GWF will go to the trash can since i already have a purple-account-bound-mount.

But hey at least is free.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Me and the DC told the CW to try singing him out but I don't think they understood english.
    He's immune to CC so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

It wouldn't have been my choice for which skirmish to run next, but I've been having fun. Ran it with my five geared chars and then settled in just to run it with my GWF, who hasn't seen a lot of party content. This one reminds me of the first CTA, with a lot more low level characters playing it. Unlike that one, having a lot of level 7-10's makes it a lot tougher since the werewolves have a lot more powers than the orcs do. There are a lot of people who don't know to get out of the way when a stormcaller channels power!

My rogue got the mount on her playthrough. I really do hope they implement a mount tab or else incorporate bound ones into the companions tab. It's useful to have a slower mount sometimes when you're teamed up with people who don't have the better ones but I hate using inventory or bank space.

Don't really care about the transmute weapons. My first four characters have them from the orc event, my first five from the devil event. The only one I care about is the savage skull from the first and I don't know if the bug has ever been fixed. More inventory space I can't afford.

All in all, I like it. My rogue still needs to run Gray Wolf Den for the achievement but everyone else has it now. I'm glad that they got rid of the restrictions on party build. It makes the queue pop really fast and makes each fight different. Sometimes I'm on the boss and sometimes on the other stuff. Of course, with a low level group, the boss is always on me.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I got weapon skins and tons of dye that I'll never use. If I get the mount, I won't bother riding it, but hopefully it will be good for a collection in the next module. What I love, though, is the insta-queue. It's faster than the PvP queue.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have no use for a 50% mount, so being BOP is really **** annoying. Also, its really annoying that weapons are also hard to get, unless you don't want them, then you end up with 5 BOP items you don't want. Why is it so hard to let people sell the weapons?
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The insta-queue is pretty cool, finally got a chance to let my CW run loose for a bit without long waits. The down side is, getting in more then a few groups where my CW took top in damage taken and healing performed.

Im not 100% sure changing the skirmish rules to no longer mandate a tank and healer was a perfect fix. But it has made things much more interesting :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The insta-queue is pretty cool, finally got a chance to let my CW run loose for a bit without long waits. The down side is, getting in more then a few groups where my CW took top in damage taken and healing performed.

Im not 100% sure changing the skirmish rules to no longer mandate a tank and healer was a perfect fix. But it has made things much more interesting :D

Had that happen too. But to be honest I've had that happen to my CW in the previous CTAs... where we always had tanks and healers.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Had that happen too. But to be honest I've had that happen to my CW in the previous CTAs... where we always had tanks and healers.

Yea, but in my own humble defense.....I suck. So if im getting top listing in all 5 categories. Well, the level of fail in the group exceeds my own. And thats saying a lot :D
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't say I was lagging at all during this event, but I will say having just re-rolled into a cleric and trying my damndest to keep people healed, the number of face tankers that shouldn't be face tanking and doing more dodging astounds me. No wonder I got complimented by healers while I was playing my CW since I tended to pot when I made a mistake or took damage I couldn't avoid, or constantly kept moving around so I wouldn't take much damage to begin with. It's an eye opening experience, to say the least.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I can't say I was lagging at all during this event, but I will say having just re-rolled into a cleric and trying my damndest to keep people healed, the number of face tankers that shouldn't be face tanking and doing more dodging astounds me. No wonder I got complimented by healers while I was playing my CW since I tended to pot when I made a mistake or took damage I couldn't avoid, or constantly kept moving around so I wouldn't take much damage to begin with. It's an eye opening experience, to say the least.

Even as a CW, you only have 3 dodges. If their is no tank to pull stuff off you, you're going to have to stop and fight eventually. Might as well start off that way. And save your teleports for getting out of the red or when you're surrounded. Do not suggest doing that when you have a tank though.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So this probably deserves a thread all on its own, but it's been confirmed that the mount is Unique as Well as BoP. (Livestream peeps ftw)

So, not only can you get just ONE per character, but after you get that 1, should you happen to come across another? You can't pick it up. Period.

Now, I'm sketchy on this next part, but can anyone confirm having gotten the chance at getting two, and having to leave the one in the chest behind yet? Because what I'm HOPING is that it's made in such a way that the chest won't offer you a chance at a second one, thus not giving you a "wasted" CTA run.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One thing I would like to see change is GFs getting shields from the events, TRs getting double daggers, and then when HRs come out them getting both their bows and swords. I like that the Waukeen event had TR and GF items costing half of the rest so they could get their items with the same effort as the other classes.

One way I would like to see them do this just have a box dropping instead of the actual weapon. Then when you open the box you get your transmute item for your class. So a CW would get an orb or a book, while a GF would get a shield and a weapon from the box. TRs would get 2 copies of their weapon for the set. This way it wouldn't lead to the classes with double items cluttering up their inventory faster then other classes while farming the CTA.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Even as a CW, you only have 3 dodges. If their is no tank to pull stuff off you, you're going to have to stop and fight eventually. Might as well start off that way. And save your teleports for getting out of the red or when you're surrounded. Do not suggest doing that when you have a tank though.

I've found that there are plenty of attacks that have a telegraph but not always a red outline that take long enough to dodge from. And if there are 4 other people attacking should be bunching them up. In short people are just too programmed for specific events and not others. Kind of like Baron Ghedon trolling. People used raid mods to know when they were the bomb, but some of us made it a nice joke to occasionally false tell people they were the bomb just to watch them run away from the rest of the group. Basically, too many robots, not enough people thinking on the fly and paying attention ;)
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My second run I got a mount. I must say I love it and how it howls when you mount. It almost "forces" you to pay to upgrade it, it's that epic.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hey, best fun you can have in the CTA is to get all the Stormcallers to chase you. So you can get them all to aim their line attack at the guy who has been standing in the back like a statue the whole fight. That's just pure entertainment, and something a tank would deny me from enjoying :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've found that there are plenty of attacks that have a telegraph but not always a red outline that take long enough to dodge from. And if there are 4 other people attacking should be bunching them up.

Oh, I wish. Very few seem to even consider trying to group up the enemies. Nothing like using Singularity at just the right spot to pull everything. Then watching all that go to waste as another CW uses Ice Storm to knock them all to random directions. (Or a DC with a powered up Sun Burst) Or having someone pull 2-3 of the enemies off to the side and try to kill them away from the others.
    In short people are just too programmed for specific events and not others. Kind of like Baron Ghedon trolling. People used raid mods to know when they were the bomb, but some of us made it a nice joke to occasionally false tell people they were the bomb just to watch them run away from the rest of the group. Basically, too many robots, not enough people thinking on the fly and paying attention ;)

lol. Still with all the griping I do, I have to admit I am having a blast running this thing. Its fun.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Now, I'm sketchy on this next part, but can anyone confirm having gotten the chance at getting two, and having to leave the one in the chest behind yet? Because what I'm HOPING is that it's made in such a way that the chest won't offer you a chance at a second one, thus not giving you a "wasted" CTA run.
    A guild member couldn't pick up the 2nd mount she saw in the chest. You can however pick up multiple weapons.
  • Options
    odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been farming it on my DC for the mount (23 runs and nada). I can get over it being BoP, though the upgrade price is absurd. What I have a real problem with is the weapons being chest drops and BoP. I like the TR equipment but I don't want to level her right now. If there had been a seal store system like the Midsummer event, I could have obtained her axes and set them aside.

I've found I much prefer Pugging this than premades with other 60s. Load in with a group low enough, and it's easier for my 60 PvE heal bot to annihilate the add rather than heal their tiny HP pools. (Sunburst, Daunting Light, Chains, Flame Strike for about 85% of my runs and zero deaths.)

Good: The Mount. The Dye. Running with other clerics and getting to DPS for a change.

Bad: All weapons BoP. The lag. No effort to reskin the event. The stupid Green armor drops. The lag.
  • Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Hey, best fun you can have in the CTA is to get all the Stormcallers to chase you. So you can get them all to aim their line attack at the guy who has been standing in the back like a statue the whole fight. That's just pure entertainment, and something a tank would deny me from enjoying :D
    Hehehe thats what ive been doing :P If i see someone standing still i grab all the aggro i can and drag them over to the person >_>
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have not had a chance to get started in this CTA yet. Can anyone post good pictures of the weapons you can get? I am interested in seeing what the TR and GWF can get in particular.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Can anyone post good pictures of the weapons you can get? I am interested in seeing what the TR and GWF can get in particular.
    The event guy in Protector's enclave will show them to you. (There's a dialog option and everything!)

I'm liking the random queues too. In addition to making for instant pops, it also adds variety. Even the time my cleric got grouped with 3 GWFs and a GF, all of whom wanted to fight the biggest enemy. It felt like the old days before the agro fix. ;)
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's been said before but.............. a BoP Mount??????
    I was ready to farm the heck out of this event but my LV 60s don't need a new mount, my "Ranger" is not in existence and I'm really not in the mood to fire up a level 6 "whatever" in anticipation of the new Paragon Paths in the "hope" that I'll get the mount.

I like Pit Fight but its not worth the pots for a redundant mount

The only upside is that the mount model is very nice
  • Options
    ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I did last night cta about 15times with my DC got only enchants and dyes.I did it with my TR about 5 times i got the mount and one axe.I will keep doing it with my DC to get him the mount too because this wolf looks amazing.
  • Options
    stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    very boring after a few runs and the drops suck..plain and simple
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    very boring after a few runs and the drops suck..plain and simple

Yea true, colors of dyes seems poo and what else you can have from there? Well least can stack some savage enchantments, for sale. Not much use for those since power is the last stat I need from enchants. And it's much easier to get rank 3's and 4's just solo questing (better enchants).

Wish they would add something to gain, for real. Like 1-2 very rare drops.