test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First impression: CTA Pit Fight

enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Did 5 times so far, here are some of my thoughts:

1. Slightly laggy (as usual)
2. Pretty straight forward and easy
3. Love, Love, Love the new dye color! :D
4. Got an orb skin for my CW... Love the design!

Will be doing nothing except CTA till it ends :D

Good job Devs!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dat lags.
    /10 chars.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    enzodod wrote: »

Good job Devs!

That will be really, really boring.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    enzodod wrote: »

1. Slightly laggy (as usual)
    2. Pretty straight forward and easy
    3. Love, Love, Love the new dye color! :D
    4. Got an orb skin for my CW... Love the design!

Good job Devs!

Neat! Are you able to post a screenshot of the Orb?

Thanks!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's a rough shot of the new orb.

screenshot_2013-11-14-13-42-49_zps10d36aae.jpg?t=1384458286

Tried to get a better up close shot here:

screenshot_2013-11-14-13-47-34_zps91488046.jpg
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2013
    Are the weapon skin items BOE or BOP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Are the weapon skin items BOE or BOP?

The orb was bop.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The GF weapon is also BOP.

Also, the boss got bugged behind his gate...couldn't complete.
    E8xWPqv.jpg
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This thing is straight lag city. i am actually not farming it until its gets better not worth my pots or time.

e113692b-5a34-4703-8483-ba6bb121e5bf_zps4d0dfe3f.jpg 08640def-cdc8-4ead-820c-6b88ef478a93_zps2718a513.jpg e10ac19a-7c69-4552-997d-1428690edc84_zps698250ea.jpg 8a690003-6036-4e70-ae4c-cba024dc6f7d_zps5d4a8e86.jpg
    Checkered Ravens
    Recruiting Officer
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Runebane!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's the stats on mount? Same as newbie
    horse?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its an alright event. It gives us a chance to catch up on skirmishes and gives new enchants for those that like them.
    Some of my feedback:
    1) The lag sucked earlier but I guess thats to be expected when everyone's playing it
    2) People kept getting kicked from the group when queueing. Stop that! It's happened in pvp too. Maybe because the queue system matches us up with a 'better' group matchup. If we're premade this should not happen >.>
    3) The shadow wolf mount looks cools but:
    i) It's bound, can't even transfer it to other characters
    ii) It costs just under 3m to upgrade it to epic thats like 7500zen atm. Seriously wtf, reduce that already... And that's if I want to upgrade it for 1 character...
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    What's the stats on mount? Same as newbie
    horse?

Yeah, its a green level mount, which is the same as the white newbie horses. It's also BoP. Yup.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mount = Free!

What, did you think they'd make it so you could upgrade it for cheaper than a Zen mount? That's called losing money.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Mount = Free!

What, did you think they'd make it so you could upgrade it for cheaper than a Zen mount? That's called losing money.

There is a difference between an upgrade process being cheaper than Zen, and costing three times as much as a Zen mount. And that's ignoring the fact that upgrading is for a single mount on a single character. While the Zen mount is account-wide at 1/3 the cost.

*All that said, I'm still thinking about paying to upgrade the Shadow Wolf if I manage to get one. It just looks that awesome.*
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Mount = Free!

Mounts that every character you ever make can have. You're right though, they would lose money if they reduced it from what it is now. But, then again, they've adapted to non-use in the refinement system for unslotting and raising your enchantment ranks higher by making it far more affordable to do it. Added in an extra hoop, sure, that can be completed for free as well, but eh.

Either way, my point behind that is that there may be a chance that they'll start doing that for other things such as mount and companion upgrades, as getting a smaller amount of income over a longer amount of time will pay off far better for profits than people only testing it on the preview, for free, to see if its worth while then deciding against it for the most part, which winds up earning much lower profits. (all anecdotal, here, but over all this has been my general census of those situations.)

edit: sorry for the slight hi-jack. i look forward to doing this CTA tonight when I'm off work!
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure I get the idea behind it. CtA is actually the one event that can hardly (or cannot) be botted and you make the premier prize BoP? That's interesting. I have to say though that off the top of my head all mounts (minus lockboxes) in comparable situations have been BoP, companions BoE.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dye pack + GF weapon screenshots

bczxdWW.jpg
    Fullsize

z3GNIZv.jpg
    Fullsize

O7xZHVZ.jpg
    Fullsize
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Mounts that every character you ever make can have. You're right though, they would lose money if they reduced it from what it is now.

I doubt it. There's a very small number of people who'd actually consider upgrading any of the mounts I imagine... Those people that see it for the ridiculousness that it is may be put off from the game entirely. I know that I'm wondering whether it was worth getting involved in playing.
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Not into this event then. Was hoping to sell the mount unless it was better than my newb horse, then I'd use one, sell the others if I got more. The dye hardly changes my gear lol. I'm a rogue. Runes? Think I'm better off with the standard ones with higher armor pen, or higher movement speed. Glory smory.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited November 2013
    I like the event so far. What I don't like: it's pretty laggy and often disconnects people - not good.

Also, I don't like this new BoP with a lot of those new event rewards. I wouldn't mind if the things were account-bound, that would be fine.
    But not char-bound.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    The GF weapon is also BOP.

Also, the boss got bugged behind his gate...couldn't complete.
    E8xWPqv.jpg

known bug since beta.
  • Options
    enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited November 2013
    -.-" Dye packs stack to 20, not 100..really?? Will you please standardize this already??
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    known bug since beta.

Me and the DC told the CW to try singing him out but I don't think they understood english.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really like the event , the dye pack is pretty decent and so many enchantments drop lol but what I want is that mount , its the first 50% mount I have seen that I would seriously consider upgrading , it looks awesome.

The only things I dislike are -
    1) The lag at first was dreadful although that seems to have sorted itself out now.
    2) Dye only stacks to 20 still , I still have almost 3 20 stacks of dye from a previous CtA , how about making it at least 100 devs?
    3) Mount is BoP .... WHY??? I REALLY wanted one for my Ranger , guess I will have to wait ... sheesh

Other than those 3 niggles a nice event , thanks devs .
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I get the idea behind it. CtA is actually the one event that can hardly (or cannot) be botted and you make the premier prize BoP? That's interesting. I have to say though that off the top of my head all mounts (minus lockboxes) in comparable situations have been BoP, companions BoE.

You're right, all event mounts have been BoP and the event companions BoE, to date.

As such, it appears that is the decided standard for them.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I feel like those CTAs could be abit better adapted to lower levels - sure, they get hit for as much as highest levels, but their hp is much lower so the impact is completely different.
  • Options
    arashioniarashioni Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This CTA is terrible! I cannot believe it is so hard to get a mount! At least with the prior event you could earn a companion by playing, the more you played the closer you got. This is worse than the lottery! 25 times and no mount, just junk: transforms that do not stack and take up space, and dyes!
  • Options
    gwfleadergwfleader Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow that is weird. I NEVER get anything good from lockboxes, etc.
    My luck sucks, yet both of my characters got the mount on the
    first try! But the mount sucks because you can't sell it, and it costs
    a fortune to upgrade it, so you are not missing anything.
  • Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This CTA.. Its was fun at first, now its boring trying to farm the mount - Terrible RNG luck sucks :c
    One thing though, my ignore list has grown quite a bit thanks to this CTA. Ive noticed A LOT of lower level players who just sit in the back and dont even attack, im sorry but if im the group leader, youre getting kicked. I ended up in a lower level group, me being the only 60 and everyone else was fighting with me, then i notice this one CW just standing around in the back.. yeah no.
    Then the rediculous amount of repel / divinity sunburst.. as a CW who just gathered up the mobs to hit with my SoTEA its frustrating.
    Guess ill just be sticking to guild runs or just one single farm group for now.
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Finally, my GWF has a decent maul to crush the skulls of all that oppose him, now fix and reboot!