Call to Arms: Pit Fight preview

Comments

• Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1027091

boop. Reward information.

Dat shadowwolf o.o

Zeb, I ALWAYS forget theirs a calendar. One of these days reminders of it will get me to go look at it XD.

But since most of the time while I'm on the forum I'm at work (with down time) yeeeah, checking in-game isn't exactly feasible. So these little snippets are quite nice to have.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Event is a lag fest,, sever not responding 50% of the time. :(
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gray Wolf Tribe Dye Pack hex values are: accent=#301a1a, primary=#253d5c, secondary=#636654

Color swatches can be seen on the wiki as usual. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dye

No screenshots yet, as I'm bad at taking nice pictures, and our usual fashion editor is missing.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    shaolosshaolos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is anyone else wanting to connect but gets only 100kb/s for patching? This way im on here still tomorrow... And i got lets say, a "bit" more powerful pipe ;)
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    0qdy.png

tr axe looks nice ;p
    might get another one later for transmute.
    but first need to chill.
    i`d like to see the look of the dc transmute.
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    shaolos wrote: »
    Is anyone else wanting to connect but gets only 100kb/s for patching? This way im on here still tomorrow... And i got lets say, a "bit" more powerful pipe ;)

Yeah, I have been at 77% for an hour. Real buzz kill.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can anyone confirm whether the wolf mount is still BoP, (like it was on preview, IIRC)? Still waiting on patching... can't wait to play!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm whether the wolf mount is still BoP, (like it was on preview, IIRC)? Still waiting on patching... can't wait to play!

Mount is BoP, Green , Rank 1
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since the wolf is BoP, I won't be taking part in this CTA. Maybe next time they will get it through that it shouldn't be BoP for green mounts. I can understand purple but not greens.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Mount is BoP, Green , Rank 1

Here's to hoping I don't get more than one per character, then.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...Wait, it's BOP?

What a fail.

What is the actual chance of actully getting one?
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    ...Wait, it's BOP?

What a fail.

What is the actual chance of actully getting one?

Not too bad. I saw 2 drop to guildmates of mine within 5 attempts.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ...8 fights in and I still haven't seen anything other then dye pack :x

EDIT: Nope, nevermind, got it on my 9th run xD
  • Options
    bernadeabernadea Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Why lame event o.0? call to arms is the best event i ever see in Neverwinter until now, a way to do old skirmish :3

It's the most boring skirmish they could have picked from all.
    This event blows more than the last one.

The Waukeen event was a great one.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    two30 wrote: »
    Gray Wolf Tribe Dye Pack hex values are: accent=#301a1a, primary=#253d5c, secondary=#636654

Color swatches can be seen on the wiki as usual. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dye

No screenshots yet, as I'm bad at taking nice pictures, and our usual fashion editor is missing.
    Here's some screenshots of the dye pack

bczxdWW.jpg
    Fullsize

z3GNIZv.jpg
    Fullsize

O7xZHVZ.jpg
    Fullsize
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    bernadea wrote: »
    It's the most boring skirmish they could have picked from all.
    This event blows more than the last one.

The Waukeen event was a great one.

...Beacuse they gave us stupid amount of AD?

Waukeen was just... meh. Summer event was the great one.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Here's some screenshots of the dye pack

Thanks, I put the second one on the wiki.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Gray_Wolf_Tribe_Dye_Pack
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    railak wrote: »
    any links about the information on the rewards that we could get by playing this event?

Dye pack (savage motif), mount (BoP green), weapon skins (transmute savage type), enchants (split twin stat types i.e 20 power/20 defense instead of say 40 power) and normal scale gold/item drops to mob level.
  • Options
    maddogrenomaddogreno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CTA would be fun to run if stuff was even BoA and not BoP. So long its Bop its no use to run them because when you FINALY get maybe something usefull so you have wrong character and he cant or dont need it but maybe others character will! ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    the ironic thing is, that the que takes any class available. to make it faster for everyone i guess.
    but what happens is dpss need to run around to avoid getting hit and cooldown on potions.
    and groups with 2 healers in it go slow because not enough dps.
    doesn`t count ofcourse if everyone is so good in the group.

i don`t mind it, i can go afk as double healer like now for example, but on dps i like it less ;p
    and it happens a lot , 2 healers in a group :)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Run it about 30 times now. Here are my thoughts:

1. It's very short and do the point - two things I like about an event I want to run lots of times.

2. First 2 bosses are susceptible to CC. This makes them a cakewalk as long as you have a competent CW on the team. This is both good and bad, as it helps lower level teams to handle the tougher enemy, but it also makes these bosses seem inconsequential.

3. The dye kits - hey, I like dye, and I'm glad the devs are giving these things away. I can under stand not wanting to give away single dye color bottles, but could we at least be able to select the order to apply the three dye colors on our characters? I don't have a problem with the red, blue, and brown, it's just the order they're applied on my CW that makes me not want to use them.

4. The mount - I'm not thrilled w/ it being BoP, but I can deal w/ that since it looks so cool. What exactly is the animation when you tap space? It kinda looks like the wolf tries to bite and rip something...

5. Weapon Skins - I've only seen the GWF one personally. I really wish we could apply several skins to our items then select from them using a dropdown menu or such - I've already applied the Sunite, Teifling, and Waukeen skins to item, and I'm not about to spend all this money on getting another piece of gear just so I can get another look.

6. Special enchantments - It's kinda neat to get enchants that offer a combo of stats. Only problem is I generally stick to recovery and/or crit, so anything other than those is kinda a waste for me. It is nice that if you were to slot 2 of these, it adds up to just a little more than having one of each separate type that give the same stats, though.

Overall, I've enjoyed my many runs, and will probably take part in many more over the weekend. I haven't had a problem with the queue just allowing anybody in, but I've only run it on level 60's w/ purple gear. I can imagine a lower level character needing a DC to watch their back or such. These event keep things interesting, so thank you for them!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    "lols" just had to leave one cta, because of 2 healers and dps not being able to kill the adds at the end fast enough and/or dps the boss hard enough.
    gg, lol
    need more specs again for these jokes.
    after 20 min on that boss i thought it was enough, and also another dps left before me so.

ps: i`m only available for dc transmute screenshots which i still like to see :d
    the systems stuf i`m not going to worry about, that`s cryptics part.
  • Options
    jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say that its a very... booring event to farm, did perhaps a total of 20 runs.
    Got one mount, weapon transmute for the 2 characters I wanted and some rank 5's !

Now I can stop farming it, just wish you changed to BoA (Bind on account) on these events :)

Played as CW (60), DC (60, both healing and DPS'ing) and GWF (22), have to say that the damage scaling for low level characters made it horribly slow as a GWF but on the other hand, I got the weapon transmute AND mount on 3 attempts :D

btw, if I remember it when I get home, I can upload some pics of the transmute for DC and GWF !
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yes please :D

nvm, can watch them on the usual event spot.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you got a mount with only a few runs you should count yourself lucky. I'm watching a stream on Twitch where the streamer has run 73 already with no mount.
  • Options
    tinger21tinger21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you got a mount with only a few runs you should count yourself lucky. I'm watching a stream on Twitch where the streamer has run 73 already with no mount.

... Dude, my thoughts exactly.

I have run this CTA event 33 times now... that's ~10 minutes x 33 = 330 minutes (or 5.5 hours) and I haven't gotten any weapon skins or mount!! :mad:

My eyes are bleeding here!! I work and grind, and get nothing, I'm this close to uninstalling this game in my rage. Perhaps I will when I wake up in the morning. I feel like such a sucker wasting 5.5 hours grinding for nothing. Way to make your players frustrated btw, good job. I can't imagine how the guy feels on the twitch stream does 73 runs and gets no mount.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't see the harm in having tokens drop with each run and then allowing players to turn it in for the mount later on if they don't randomly get it.
    They're BoP anyways so it's not like we're going to see them on the AH.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I'm happy I got my after 9 runs on my TR. No interest in anything else, though I'll probably run at least once on my CW and DC just to make sure they all get the skirmish achievement done.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like the CTA events and i love the special events as well however if i cannot get a mount after 124 runs there is SOMETHING seriously wrong, sigh.....
  • Options
    jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Holy smokes, another guildmember got 2 mounts on his first 5 runs !
    Thought it had a fairly big chance to appear in the chest...
    You must be opening the chest "wrong" xD