What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Call to Arms: Pit Fight preview

13»

Comments

• bernadeabernadea Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    the ironic thing is, that the que takes any class available. to make it faster for everyone i guess.
    but what happens is dpss need to run around to avoid getting hit and cooldown on potions.
    and groups with 2 healers in it go slow because not enough dps.
    doesn`t count ofcourse if everyone is so good in the group.

i don`t mind it, i can go afk as double healer like now for example, but on dps i like it less ;p
    and it happens a lot , 2 healers in a group :)

going afk while others fight?
    guess you didn't leave the group as it was easier for you to let others do the job so you could get the chest.
    you are so lame.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    o yes i`m so lame, lucky there are always people who act more like it without knowing all.
    was still top healer at the end ;p
    and realy not build to dps.

on my rogue i should go afk after half the skirmish is over, because i do always double the dps of others ;p
    also of some equal geared ones, but they re just not specced for it properly or something.
    so another thing why gs should be banned :)

add me as friend to do skirmish please someone, as long as it isn`t that guy above here :D
    and if you think you can dps ofcourse, not as challenge to epeen or something, but i`d like to waste some less time also on low dps groups ;p
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So far, the only issue I've had is that the last boss has this bite attack which heals him if it connects. Many people seem to either forget to dodge or are just really bad at doing so, which further draws out the fight...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    So far, the only issue I've had is that the last boss has this bite attack which heals him if it connects. Many people seem to either forget to dodge or are just really bad at doing so, which further draws out the fight...

or there not smart enough to dismiss there tank/melle pets

* any person in front of the Boss at the end Any pet, or person who doesnt Block or dodge wil heal him

Mount drop rate is awful :( did 52 runs on my second toon and still nothing
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to thank the graphics guys for the cool Shadow Wolf.
    Always looked good, one of the best, but is even better as a ride.

(Since people are scoring here, I took over 30 tries and 375 potions.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • blackwitcherrblackwitcherr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Mount drop rate is awful :( did 52 runs on my second toon and still nothing

I did more then 100 runs - 2 lvl. 5 stones + about 15 lvl. 4 stones and lvl. 3 in rest; and of course, no mount. Yesteday in 57 runs: 2 lvl. 4 stones and 55 lvl. 3 :mad:
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    after 91 runs finally got my mount on my 2nd toon

Thank god that is OVER not so much a "fun" event as a Grind and a test in patience

However the mount is cool,

the BOP part is silly however really bug me as i could of used this on my HR when it goes live:*(
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    love cta! keep them coming! the wolf mount is on the right scale? its way too little even for dwarves!
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    74 Runs of CTA Netted

Dye Packs - 74

Cruel Enchants:
    Rank 1 - 323
    Rank 2 - 141
    Rank 3 - 43
    Rank 4 - 19
    Rank 5 - 2
    Transmute Weapons - 7

Wolf = 0 :(

On the upside, the event itself was fun and the instantaneous queue was a blessing ;)
    I learned a lot about using a Cleric in party situation
  • drrowdrrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    101 runs and 0 mount. Screw this. I thought i'll buy incoming pack but after this you won't see any euro from me. Good job.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited November 2013
    Only 101 runs and your complaining, get your lazy *** back there and try again, this time take the lead, ive seen more ppl get the mount when they have the lead, just saying, i know its hearsay, but at this point there is nothing to lose. LOL.
  • xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This has to be changed if you want to keep this i suggest you scale levels like in pvp.
    Or if you want to keep this you have to change.

1. Scale Heal for low level Clerics as is at level 6 you heal 50hp witch of course dont help a level 60.
    2. More HP/Defence in general for low level characters or more damage.
    3. beside that the party system in general has to be changed to add Vote Kick so gready partyleaders not easy can kick who ever they like and take all lot them self or as with pitfight because your level is to low. and they are to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them self.
  • aunlaeaunlae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Weapon Skins.
    Rogue axes. Sorta cool, not for me though, after I got two of them for my rogue I stopped desiring to go on. I want the mount for that character, but the incentive dropped.

Cleric Mace. Neat, but not for my character either. Has been good practice though as I'm still learning the ropes of trying to be an effective healer.

Guardian Fighter Spear. Probably my favourite one, my Guardian Fighter is only relatively low level (Started the quest at the min level 6) As soon as I was able to use a mount, I got the mount. Which was pretty awesome.

Waukeen was better, in my opinion because it encouraged you to go out and play, and you could play anywhere because the coins dropped everywhere. I was really sad to see that event go. This event takes a second to what I've played so far, as I sort of like the difference in challenge dependant on the groups. Also, people are always seeming to do it (Slowed a little as the weekend progressed) so there is almost no wait time before you start an event.

Not too much drama either, aside from one person who simply went into a tantrum when being pared with low levels "Why don't they make their own groups?!" Sort of idea. It was silly, I'd been the 60 in a group of mostly low level characters and we made it out eventually.
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This even is a big reminder to me that it's ridiculous to expect TR's to farm 2 weapon skins instead of allowing them to re-use the same skin twice.
    This needs to be changed.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The hammer skin for the GWF is awesome. I got two of them, just in case I wanna transmute another weapon in the future. I never had a problem finishing a run, no matter what levels or classes were in the party. I really hope they make the Wolf bound to account (please!). I got one on my CW, but I would really like to have it (eventually) on my Ranger.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Can you please extend this event for one more day?
    I didn't have the chance to play during the week-end but my poor halfling would really love to ride such an amazing mount.

Please, just one more day.
  • scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So whats the deal.... yes i am here as well to report that I did as many runs as i could this CTA event and....
    After 91 runs... NO MOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF? If your gonna make a bonehead choice like making the mount BOP, then at least ease up of the **** drop rate.

I am sure that I am one of many out there that spend a kings ransom on zen and buy all of your packs and promotions.
    So why on earth would you screw with the people that are Paying you?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    I get that the game is F2P, but lets not loose sight here.
    Your not a non-profit, and if you keep pissing off the people that to pay to keep this game here for everyone else to get their free game on... its a matter of time before we up and pull a SWTOR on you and bugger off to another game.

BOP, fine.... Loosen up the **** drop rate next time. 30+ hours and nothing to show for it.
    Its official.... you suck!
    -Scott

PS... for everyone else that got one to drop on their 2nd try... congrads. Also... I am tired of hearing about it.
    There is a point where it becomes pointless to brag. Keep your cool and don't let all your class show at once.
    I will also answer your burning question of "You mad Bro?" in advance.
    No, i passed mad on Saturday night. We've moved on to pissed.
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Only 101 runs and your complaining, get your lazy *** back there and try again, this time take the lead, ive seen more ppl get the mount when they have the lead, just saying, i know its hearsay, but at this point there is nothing to lose. LOL.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off mate! Some of us did all we could. Not our fault if we can see the flaws for what they are.
    When your nuts get a little peach fuzz you will understand.
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • schasschas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got two mounts on the same character.. not only would it not let me loot the second mount but it wouldn't let me loot ANYTHING from the chest. I had to just leave empty handed. I ran several on other characters and did not see another mount but I got like 6 of those blue orb things..also bind on pickup.. what the ....
  • thelastmusketeerthelastmusketeer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    schas wrote: »
    I got two mounts on the same character.. not only would it not let me loot the second mount but it wouldn't let me loot ANYTHING from the chest. I had to just leave empty handed. I ran several on other characters and did not see another mount but I got like 6 of those blue orb things..also bind on pickup.. what the ....

I was able to get the contents of the chest by "discarding" the mount I already had. Granted, it was a risk when I did it (didn't know whether it would work for sure). But I really wanted those 1000 AD (did the event when the "Skirmish for AD" was on) so I took a gamble. It worked. Got no blue orbs though.
  • blackdeath4567blackdeath4567 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i did 13 runs on my cw and got 2 wpn and 1 mount.did 2 runs on my tr and got mount and came in last place on score card.on the event for Straight to Helm i did i dont know how many runs and didnt get the ghost pet at all.so its all comes down to luck.
  • rafa2306rafa2306 Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2013
    It's a shame that I played as much as possible and didn't get what i wanted, the weapon transmute. I have more than 40 dyes, the mount appeared 3 times (had to discard the previous to get chest) and NO transmute, funny thing is I didn't care about mount, i won't spend the indecent amount of AD required to upgrade the rank.

Please fix next CTA, I agree with stuff being bound, makes the stuff special to those who participate, but after 1 week playing everyday it's nonsense to not get what you want.

Maybe make something like every chest you get coins and then you can buy stuff from event, not enchants cause of bots, idk, something to ensure we get stuff if we play enough.
    edited November 2013
    rafa2306 wrote: »
    It's a shame that I played as much as possible and didn't get what i wanted, the weapon transmute. I have more than 40 dyes, the mount appeared 3 times (had to discard the previous to get chest) and NO transmute, funny thing is I didn't care about mount, i won't spend the indecent amount of AD required to upgrade the rank.

Please fix next CTA, I agree with stuff being bound, makes the stuff special to those who participate, but after 1 week playing everyday it's nonsense to not get what you want.

Maybe make something like every chest you get coins and then you can buy stuff from event, not enchants cause of bots, idk, something to ensure we get stuff if we play enough.

Instead of dropping the enchants, what if you got 1 event token for each equivalent rank of enchant that you would get. You could then turn in those tokens for items you wanted - the mount could cost 100 tokens, the weapon transmute item 50, and the enchants would be 1 token per rank, (up to R5 or maybe only R4).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't get mad guys...It's up to luck. And may be performance.
    May be you didn't get the Mount or transmute this time. But this will not be the last CTA event. There will be Others, more mounts and more transmute.
    Next event there could be an even cooler Mount and a cool transmute. And you may be one of the lucky to get them. And then you'll be happy that the drop rate was low so that few people will look the same as you.
    I understand why you're pissed off, but you can't blame them cause they do not guarantee a drop.
    May be in the previous CTA you got both transmute and companion.

Just way for the next CTA and do your best!
  • rafa2306rafa2306 Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2013
    Instead of dropping the enchants, what if you got 1 event token for each equivalent rank of enchant that you would get. You could then turn in those tokens for items you wanted - the mount could cost 100 tokens, the weapon transmute item 50, and the enchants would be 1 token per rank, (up to R5 or maybe only R4).

Problem with that is that enchants are not bound, nor should be, we would have a flood of bots doing CTA to exchange "tokens" for enchants and selling. But I like the idea of tokens for the stuff.

pando83 wrote: »
    Don't get mad guys...It's up to luck. And may be performance.
    May be you didn't get the Mount or transmute this time. But this will not be the last CTA event. There will be Others, more mounts and more transmute.
    Next event there could be an even cooler Mount and a cool transmute. And you may be one of the lucky to get them. And then you'll be happy that the drop rate was low so that few people will look the same as you.
    I understand why you're pissed off, but you can't blame them cause they do not guarantee a drop.
    May be in the previous CTA you got both transmute and companion.

Just way for the next CTA and do your best!

I don't agree with the way you think lol, when i dedicate myself to something i expect compensation, I can handle not getting the loot i wanted from a dungeon and stuff like that, I'll try again till i get it, but with exclusive items, i'm not whining about an event i missed, its an event I took part and a lot.. it's not ok =(.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013

A hundred tokens? I considered myself fortunate to manage to get in five skirmishes over the weekend, which at least allows a chance at the rare rewards.

Best of both worlds is to have something like the Valindra Invasion, where you might be lucky but even if you're not you have the option to grind out event currency instead. But the dropped and bought rewards shouldn't be dramatically different in quality from each other like they were with the Invasion.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2013
    A hundred tokens? I considered myself fortunate to manage to get in five skirmishes over the weekend, which at least allows a chance at the rare rewards.

Best of both worlds is to have something like the Valindra Invasion, where you might be lucky but even if you're not you have the option to grind out event currency instead. But the dropped and bought rewards shouldn't be dramatically different in quality from each other like they were with the Invasion.

Remember I said it'd be one token per RANK of enchant that would otherwise drop. So if the chest at the end would drop a R5 enchant, that's 5 tokens. Each of those R1-3 enchants that drop during each run - another 1-3 tokens. They'd add up pretty quickly...
  • ninamaniacninamaniac Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    suslik7777 wrote: »
    Its Gonna be cool if they will make Epic Spider mount or Epic Dragon mount or even Epic Snake mount!!! I will love this game even more! I really love spiders but you should buy pack to get it.. That sucks! Also I will so happy if they will make Flying Mounts!!!

I want a Dragon mount!