test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20131111a.2

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited November 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
A full list of today's patch notes is available here.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They fixed the Shar Mask clipping in like 2 weeks but the Medium Pharaoh Steed is still messed up and has been since launch. The armor down the neck of the horse still majorly clips into the body. Its a beautiful mount but you can only snap pics of your character from the left side.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Perhaps someday they'll patch so that DCs can turn undead...like in the opening movie.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Perhaps someday they'll patch so that DCs can turn undead...like in the opening movie.

Hellfire Warlock can do that, not DC. Their encounter power turns an enemy into an ally for a short time, causing them to attack their own kind.

Glad they are addressing some of the cosmetics and probably more exploit patching for MC & GG's DK. Thank you Devs!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Hellfire Warlock can do that, not DC. Their encounter power turns an enemy into an ally for a short time, causing them to attack their own kind.

Glad they are addressing some of the cosmetics and probably more exploit patching for MC & GG's DK. Thank you Devs!

I would still like to see the power added to a daily or something or a cleric artifact. Its a major bit of lore missing from the cleric class.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    • Mask of Sharress now fits better and has less clipping with all races including elves of all subspecies. Purr-fect.
    . . . . . Please note, Sharess is spelled with one "r," not two. I reported this both in game and on the forums. Never-the-less, very glad the clipping issue is fixed as, despite the horrible misspelling (yeah, I'm a long time fan of Sharess/Bastet in FR Lore), I love this mask!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1.1gb patch for little :O
  • Options
    shachathshachath Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What is up with a 1.1GB patch to fix tool tips and remove shard reference from character creation, or their minor "rare" fix to an nvidia issue. What ELSE are you patching/nerfing and not telling us about.
  • Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited November 2013
    Trying to enter one of the best rated Foundry maps "Tired of Being the Hero" now insta crashes the game. Same happens with the other Foundry I do for daily often, "The Arena" by sonicburn1.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    shachath wrote: »
    What is up with a 1.1GB patch to fix tool tips and remove shard reference from character creation, or their minor "rare" fix to an nvidia issue. What ELSE are you patching/nerfing and not telling us about.

It was only 450MB for me.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what have you done to the game in the last patch ? ever since the patch i'm getting server time outs, goes up to 20 seconds then cuts me to the login screen 15 times its happened since the patch,

some event this is going to be

" server not responding 19.4s"

then goes to the login screen and I can login fine then in 2/3/4 minutes same thing
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    shachath wrote: »

As others are reporting different sizes, I can only speculate. Perhaps you might have missed a patch prior? Idk. The only other thing I can think of is instilling information over periodic patches to make the shadowmatle patch release less significant.

If you want to see impending patch notes that have a chance of making it to live, check out the preview shard patch notes.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    gillypudgillypud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Trying to enter one of the best rated Foundry maps "Tired of Being the Hero" now insta crashes the game. Same happens with the other Foundry I do for daily often, "The Arena" by sonicburn1.

Same happened to me with "Valerie's Dream". Traveled to Reinfeld Estate from Protector's Enclave and the game crashed. Now I'm unable to start with the character.

[Edit] Alright, after repeatedly restarting I've somehow landed back in Enclave. [/Edit]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not seeing the call to arms event on my queue screen.
  • Options
    djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    zekehubris wrote: »
    I'm not seeing the call to arms event on my queue screen.

"The Vellosk skirmish will be open to players from level 6
    Some things are meant to remain lost.
  • Options
    zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was trying this with a level 60 character.

Heh, it has now started appearing :-)
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    zekehubris wrote: »
    I was trying this with a level 60 character.

Heh, it has now started appearing :-)

If you was already in the game prior to event starting try reloging
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    As others are reporting different sizes, I can only speculate. Perhaps you might have missed a patch prior? Idk. The only other thing I can think of is instilling information over periodic patches to make the shadowmatle patch release less significant.

If you want to see impending patch notes that have a chance of making it to live, check out the preview shard patch notes.

It depends on if you have incremental patching or not. Some people turn this off so they get the full patch every time. Incremental does in game patching only on the areas you visit.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    stephthegadgetstephthegadget Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what have you done to the game in the last patch ? ever since the patch i'm getting server time outs, goes up to 20 seconds then cuts me to the login screen 15 times its happened since the patch,

some event this is going to be

" server not responding 19.4s"

then goes to the login screen and I can login fine then in 2/3/4 minutes same thing

Same problem here, does it on the preview shard also
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well done Cryptic I just got into an event and after 4 minutes kicked me 10 seconds before the chest

idiots
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The difference in patch sizes has to do with whether or not you have on-demand downloading set in the launcher. If you disable it, you download the full breadth of the patch.

Further, running a wireshark analysis on the servers this morning I can see that there is a large amount of load (network traffic) from people downloading, which is causing some higher latency numbers starting at their D-mark... Most likely from the skirmish or the changes. Give it some time people, bandwidth is a finite resource.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1187mb patch for what I'd expect would take less than ~100mb... wth?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rebooted router
    Packet loss zero
    ping 67ms
    connection ok
    other downloads ok capped at 100kbps hasn't slowed down so ok bandwidth
    getting kicked out of all matches and the server not responding is happening so often
  • Options
    djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    Sorry about mis-post above. I was trying to post quote of description bit editor borked.
    I was finally able to get the event to show on screen, and in qeue, after re-adjusting my graphics settings.
    Some things are meant to remain lost.
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1187mb patch for what I'd expect would take less than ~100mb... wth?
    came here to see this. not disappointed.

Wth with 1GB?
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried to access the gateway and, as always, it prompts me to reverify all my devices, however, I am nor receiving the code...this is normally almost instantaneous.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited November 2013
    1 GB is a lot.. but maybe it's because of adding a new language?

In any case - maybe it's just me but today I was under the impression that my TR is doing less damage - maybe just bad luck.. but seemed strange to me (PvE only). Anybody else experience this?
  • Options
    joe121303joe121303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and whats up with this owlbear client thing that has magically appeared a few maintances ago? It appears next to the neverwinter preview shard option and if you click on it and click play the client crashes
  • Options
    belgarion44belgarion44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Come on guys and ladies really ? We have an awesome free game (sure buying zen for some of you is a daily thing) but to be so nit picky about minor stuff when bigger PTP games patch weekly for major stuff and still get it wrong ?. The 1.1 gig patch (my guess only) is part of the lead up to mod 2 going live. Makes sense to do it in stages and i'm sure will have other little patch things in it for the current event as well.

Belgarion
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    joe121303 wrote: »
    and whats up with this owlbear client thing that has magically appeared a few maintances ago? It appears next to the neverwinter preview shard option and if you click on it and click play the client crashes

the Owlbear shard is working fine for me.

It is testing the weekly patches while Mimic is being used to test module 2.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    joe121303 wrote: »

the Owlbear shard is working fine for me.

It is testing the weekly patches while Mimic is being used to test module 2.
This discussion has been closed.