test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Suggestions

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The irony is that, unlike PvE, PvP needs such little upfront investment to have a long term impact.

But like llantis said, PvP development (as opposed to maintenance) is a very very low priority for Cryptic based on their own communications.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    This.....

I believe the vast majority of players in this game are PvP'rs.

Its so **** simple for Cryptic. They made this awesome utility of the Foundry. Which the foundry creators blow Cryptics ideas and dungeons out of the water with some of there quests.

Let them Design the PvP Maps!

It seems a no brainer to me. Allow them to create PvP maps, with player designed objectives. Let people specifically Q for those PvP maps. After 2 weeks, whichever map has the most votes, simple add it into the rotation of 2 terrible maps we have right now.

Problem solved..were happy

Oh also.

Please..please...Give us a PvP zone! We want a large zone, with no purpose whatsoever other then PvP. I want to challenge entire guilds to PvP matches, not just 5 mans. I want guild royal rumbles. I want to go there by myself and gank other people. Hell, if you did this. I guarantee we'd all shut up for quite some time, the amount of enjoyment we would ALL get out of a completely free to attack zone would be tremendous.

+1 for sure. Especially like the PVP zone idea.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Problem is that if they fix PvP, they will make it more enjoyable for the casual/PvE crowd, so it will be a win/win situation for Cryptic. I hope they can see this.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Problem is that if they fix PvP, they will make it more enjoyable for the casual/PvE crowd, so it will be a win/win situation for Cryptic. I hope they can see this.

Really don't see that. Every other time they nerf some skill because its overpowered in PvP they wind up destroying someone's PvE build. I don't see that as more enjoyable or win/win.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • darkzardarkzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Really don't see that. Every other time they nerf some skill because its overpowered in PvP they wind up destroying someone's PvE build. I don't see that as more enjoyable or win/win.

You're getting it wrong. People are asking for PvP content, not PvP being a priority when nerfing comes to mind. We're talking about new maps, new content that wont affect you in any negative way and might even (although I doubt it considering the nature of your post) give you a couple more things to do and enjoy. Giving PvP'ers a new mode or map wont make a PvE'ers 50 FH monotonous runs a day any different.

Yes indeed many nerfs have come due to some balance issues in PvP that have affected PvE, but that has been discussed several times on different threads and this one is not about that. We as PvP'ers get affected by PvE balances as well, and you might be the priority, but let this post be about new content and new content alone, otherwise it will end up being like hundreds of others where someone might suggest an amazing idea and yet it goes to the trash because people don't seem to let stuff go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thesilentblade.guildportal.com
  • srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    There are so many viable options that could be implemented, I wish they would just hear us out on them
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Huh... AAAALLLLLL these posts and comments and not a SINGLE ONE reference the title of this thread, which is laughable at best.

@OP: Cite your sources.

~laugh all the way to the next thread~
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not trying to jump on any "hate bandwagons" here, but the simple truth is that most people are tired of the same 2 maps... When that boredom gets to be too much, people switch to GG PvP for a change-up and then get bored again.

I am personally at the point where I don't bother doing Domination PvP anymore because it is just simply LACKING variety.

MAPS! Make them, allow others to make them, allow others to chose them.

On the GG side of things, it would be awesome if there was at least 2 maps: a "Luskan" map and a "Delzone" map where the map used for PvP is determined by who wins the 1st phase.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So if the exodus has begun where is it that the people are going?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    instead of filling this thread up with "we need more maps"... how about putting some ideas in here. like... a forest pvp zone would be pretty awesome. someone mentioned a pyramid map in another thread about foundry pvp maps. give the designers a direction to go in... not that they don't have their own ideas, but letting them know what you're interested in seeing is kind of the point here.

pvp is definitely a part of neverwinter regardless of how much attention it's received. some people feel that the pull between pvp/pve balance is problematic but the fact is they're both here and they're not going anywhere. i know that with the new module coming soon and all the hype focusing on different areas, that can be a little deflating for the pvp crowd. but as massive as the new module is as well as the changes and additions... if they had included pvp in there as well... that would put them up there as development gods. i've said it before and i'll say it again... new pvp additions are coming. it's been mentioned briefly, but the fact that it's been mentioned is a good thing. until then, keep killing each other and capping nodes. and most importantly, provide your feedback.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually the majority of the players here are PvE players NOT PvP players.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I want a map where I log in and everyone dies, and I win.....too soon?
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Actually the majority of the players here are PvE players NOT PvP players.

Well it may 'seem' that way but once you conquer all the pve content...the ONLY thing left is PVP.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here are some easy to make and possibly quite enjoyable environments for PvP:

MAPS:

- Pit Fight ...............................Self explanatory, like any dungeon boss room.
    - Battlefield Triage .................Convert the tutorial Battlefield Triage. Perfect size!
    - Plague Tower Assault ..........Players start on opposite ends of the Plague tower and storm the 3 points around it.
    - Helm's Hold Keep Assault ....Convert that Helms Hold Skirmish we did inside the walls of Helms Hold Keep.
    - Raiders of Roth Valley .........Convert the Drow slavers encampment where the 3 slave holds become capture points.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    darkzar wrote: »
    You're getting it wrong. People are asking for PvP content, not PvP being a priority when nerfing comes to mind. We're talking about new maps, new content that wont affect you in any negative way and might even (although I doubt it considering the nature of your post) give you a couple more things to do and enjoy. Giving PvP'ers a new mode or map wont make a PvE'ers 50 FH monotonous runs a day any different.

Sure, content would be just fine. But, have you ever seen any game company add a 'pvp patch' to a mmorpg with just content and no balancing changes?

*Want to add the fact that my post were to someone who had been discussing nerfs (not content). And whether they were caused by pve or pvp. Again, content I'm fine with. Why would anyone be against more content? Heck, a new type of pvp might get me interested in it again. I didn't see anything in the post I replied to about content though.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think a good first step would be to allow consensual sparring or duels on landscape in some areas so people can practice PVP and test their skills against friends without having to join a match.
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Please..please...Give us a PvP zone! We want a large zone, with no purpose whatsoever other then PvP. I want to challenge entire guilds to PvP matches, not just 5 mans. I want guild royal rumbles. I want to go there by myself and gank other people. Hell, if you did this. I guarantee we'd all shut up for quite some time, the amount of enjoyment we would ALL get out of a completely free to attack zone would be tremendous.
    This would be great.
  • firelyfirely Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To PWE: make PvE farm zones (with some unique rewards and mini raid bosses) that are at the same time PvP zones. Will be really great fun.
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To PWE: Due to inherent class differences (single-target vs multi-target), please focus PVP content on teamwork. This game is not well-suited for solo-PVP, but it is excellently positioned to be a top-tier party-pvp experience.

With that said, it'd be nice to be able to test skills/build etc w/o requiring 10 people to queue. The test dummies are good for damage, but not defense. I wonder if a foundry could improve on the test dummy idea.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    @Angrysprite, I'm not going to call out names of players or guilds because I'm sure they'd just be deleted or modified and citing sources does little to help the situation. Hell, my original post has been reduced to 2 paragraphs, losing much of it's original intent.
    The big pvp guilds and players know what I'm talking about about.
    I think one thing that would make pvp more exciting would be assets we fought to control. It kind of happens in GG but not on a level that matters. One of the main reasons people leave in matches is because once you're 200-300 points behind it becomes pointless. Why not give teams a fighting chance to rally and make a comeback?
    When the game was in beta there was plenty of talk from people about how they felt it had potential for an e-sport. The pvp is fast paced and addictive.

Keep the ideas coming and lets push for some attention here!
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    i would like to see some massive PvP content such as a siege battle or something.
    for the winners, good rewards, like exclusive access to some map/rewards, or ranking.

as well ranking premades domination.
    these 2 things would keep the pvp fuel going for a long time because of the competition these will generate
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    instead of filling this thread up with "we need more maps"... how about putting some ideas in here.

We have. In many threads over the past months.

Talks about Entire Open World FFA PvP zones.

New Maps

Larger Maps

Smaller Maps

Arenas

Duels

Specific Team Q'ing to make it easy to fight specific premades

Ladder Matches

Ranked Matches

Continual personal PvP stats

Actual PvP rewards worth acquiring

Foundry Created Maps

Objective PvP; Capture the Flag, Death Match, Team Deathmatch, Conqueror, Juggernaut etc

The problem isn't the lack of ideas. Its the lack of responses by anyone other then the random generated "Hey thx for your feedback were looking into it!" replies.

Countless, amazing ideas..no responses
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's a suggestion. Why not have some devs get on Twitch for example and then invite leaders and members of the pvp community to stop in for a Town Hall type scenario?
    Really let them talk it out with ideas and frustrations. I'm sure you'd have pages and pages of content like Munkey has stated.
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited November 2013
    If you want ideas, how about maps themed to the expansion content?

The Sharandar expansion should have introduced a forest-themed PvP map. This is a no-brainer.

Each expansion should add one new map. They can even recycle environments from elsewhere in the expansion that are suitable for PvP, plop some nodes in them, and do a little cleanup.

This would make everyone happy and it would space out the new content intelligently for PvPers and PvEers alike.
    garret_fi.png
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    yah, there is no lack of ideas. a lot people created topics with suggestions. i created one or two topics too. people post, and like the ideas.

it has been 2 or 3 days i dont login more than 20minutes lately;(
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
    edited November 2013
    I'd like some more PvP titles also.

Brutal -Score 10 Consecutive Killing blows within 3 minutes

Godlike - Score a 10-1 KD ratio in 50 Matches

Angelic - Heal 25 players through 75,000 total damage

Unstoppable - Complete 50 matches with 0 deaths, and a minimum of 15 kills

High Alert - Score 25 killing blows jumping down on someone

And my personal favorite!

Predictable - Die 25 times while mounted

I'd have a ton more ideas for cool titles if they would keep track of complete stats in matches, ie; Heals, damage, etc
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd like some more PvP titles also.

Brutal -Score 10 Consecutive Killing blows within 3 minutes

Godlike - Score a 10-1 KD ratio in 50 Matches

Angelic - Heal 25 players through 75,000 total damage

Unstoppable - Complete 50 matches with 0 deaths, and a minimum of 15 kills

High Alert - Score 25 killing blows jumping down on someone

And my personal favorite!

Predictable - Die 25 times while mounted

I'd have a ton more ideas for cool titles if they would keep track of complete stats in matches, ie; Heals, damage, etc

Absolutely not. That only encourages bad behavior among PVPers just running around killing people to pad their kill count, as opposed to actually trying to cap points and win for their team.

It has surprised me the number of times that my whole team has been in the bottom half in terms of points, and yet our team still won the match. Why? Because my team actually capped points (but died frequently), while the other team, all they did was run around and gank people.
    edited November 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    Absolutely not. That only encourages bad behavior among PVPers .

It has surprised me the number of times that my whole team has been in the bottom half in terms of points, and yet our team still won the match. Why? Because my team actually capped points (but died frequently), while the other team, all they did was run around and gank people.

Then you shouldn't care about having more PvP Titles as it wont affect you at all.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Then you shouldn't care about having more PvP Titles as it wont affect you at all.

I said that the frequency of the occurrence was surprising, not that it was commonplace. Of course most of the time, players from the winning team occupy the top spots in the final point tally. But having the entire winning team in the bottom half ought to be, statistically, a very rare event, when it is not. I've seen it at least 3 times, and I am not a frequent PVPer at all.

Having more titles based on *kills* rather than *team victories* will only encourage more players to pad their kill count instead of winning the match. And yes it will affect me, since I'm now more likely to be ganked and dragged out of spawn for an "easy kill" if people are going to be pursuing more titles based on kill counts. Same goes for new level 60's who will now be targeted as easy prey.

Is PVP really about winning a match as a team, or is it more about just running around and killing people? I guess it must be the latter, which is why so many people seem to want an "open world PVP". Who cares about capping points or achieving some team goal, all I want to do is up my body count!