test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes- NW.5.20131021a.3

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited November 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
A full list of today's patch notes is available here.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• darrksoldierdarrksoldier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mannn and here I thought mod 2 was out =_(
  • ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    "Waukeen's cloak no longer states that it is salvageable"

So why was it released clearly stating in the tooltip that i was salvageable ? just more and more very missleading tooltips, does no one actually proof read anything. its realy anoying that a high percentage of the problems players have in the game are caused by realy badly worded or totaly missleading tooltips.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    The patch is a mobius loop?
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't understand the part about the foundry and experience cap:Foundry
    "Featured quests are no longer affected by the experience caps that other Foundry quests are."
    could someone explain that to me?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • crankydollcrankydoll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have a question about the mail. What if I have mails that I intended to keep for some purpose or other? Will there be a way to save those, or will they be deleted whether I want them to be or not? And is it only AH mail, or all mail?
  • cenomxcenomx Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I don't understand the part about the foundry and experience cap:Foundry
    "Featured quests are no longer affected by the experience caps that other Foundry quests are."
    could someone explain that to me?

For not leting people spam Foundries wich permit you to kill a lot of mobs easily, and let you get huge exp... They made a cap, if you kill x mob in x time (fast), you get no exp for a time. It was applied to every foundry in the server. Btw, they decided to change it, and make it not to cap Featured Foundries... Because they're not supposed to give huge exp.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am jumping for joy about the AH mail. I sell something like 20-30 CN drops a week. :D
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [Thanks for explaining cenomx :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    crankydoll wrote: »
    I have a question about the mail. What if I have mails that I intended to keep for some purpose or other? Will there be a way to save those, or will they be deleted whether I want them to be or not? And is it only AH mail, or all mail?

It very clearly says AH mail, and only after the item attached to them has been claimed
    Mails from the Auction House will be deleted after 5 days if all the item attachments have been claimed. This does not include mails from other NPCs such as for the racial quests.
    21.jpg
  • eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2013
    Mails from the Auction House will be deleted after 5 days if all the item attachments have been claimed. This does not include mails from other NPCs such as for the racial quests.

thanks ! i needed this .
  • crankydollcrankydoll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to double-check, I saw someone say something yesterday in chat about mails getting deleted, and there are some mails I keep for quick-reference purposes, so I wanted to make sure I'd be able to keep those :).
  • djyrbdjyrb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I second that about this welcome change - it's very tedious to go through and delete those messages after I go on an AH spending spree :)
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will the AH mail be gone when we log back in today? I am a guild leader, and have kept AH mail as records of transactions where members donated AD to me for the guild bank. If i knew those mails would be deleted, i would have written them down. But since you want to keep patch notes a secret now, i had no idea they would be deleted. If the AH mail is gone when i log back in, so are all my records of who donated diamonds to the guild.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    If i knew those mails would be deleted, i would have written them down. But since you want to keep patch notes a secret now, i had no idea they would be deleted.

The preview patch notes subforum generally gives you a good idea of what to expect in the weekly patches with a few days of lead time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All I want to know about this patch is how long is the downtime. I tried to log in and it says that server is unavailable.

In all 'news' threads it never says from when to when it will be downtime, in fact I never even knew that there is going to be a downtime. So if it is not stated in the 'news' where does it say from when to when is the downtime?????
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patch time is every Thursday from 7-9am PST, though they sometimes run a bit long or finish early.

(Edit: Thursday 95% of the time, anyway.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ummm...all my launcher adverts are showing in French.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Ummm...all my launcher adverts are showing in French.
    Known issue, it's happened before and has been reported in the Bug forum. Thanks!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    damsel1988 wrote: »
    All I want to know about this patch is how long is the downtime. I tried to log in and it says that server is unavailable.

In all 'news' threads it never says from when to when it will be downtime, in fact I never even knew that there is going to be a downtime. So if it is not stated in the 'news' where does it say from when to when is the downtime?????
    See: Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 11/07 7am PST (Pacific)

. . . . . This was also stated on the web site's home page and in the launcher. Never-the-less, the server is back up and running now, post-patch.
  • kingconnerkingconner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i have tried logging in to neverwinter my client runs it has downloaded the patch but a message keeps comeing up saying " a file was locked that could not be open for writing" nvtt.dll is the file that keeps comeing up. what do i need to do to fix this?

sorry if this is the wrong place for this message
  • carkorakcarkorak Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    •Mails from the Auction House will be deleted after 5 days if all the item attachments have been claimed. This does not include mails from other NPCs such as for the racial quests..... that means all our mails will be deleted due to poorly coded and untested structures as they don't really want us using our mailbox as extra bank space
    My Current Projects

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?483971-The-Minotaur-War-NW-DUUY8MZZ7

Item Farm:NW-DU5W8YQA8
    Prologue:NW-DUUY8MZZ7
    Chapter 1:NW-DN3TPGR4Q
    Chapter 2:NW-DDLCTYT8Q
    edited November 2013
    carkorak wrote: »
    •Mails from the Auction House will be deleted after 5 days if all the item attachments have been claimed. This does not include mails from other NPCs such as for the racial quests..... that means all our mails will be deleted due to poorly coded and untested structures as they don't really want us using our mailbox as extra bank space
    . . . . . No where does it say anything about regular mail. The AH is an NPC, so the mail comes from an NPC, that's what it means. Additionally, it says only after attachments have been claimed. So that right there discounts mail with attachments (storage) from being deleted automatically.
  • s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why not just give us the option to have our AH-Mails automatically deleted?
    The AH doesn't even have a log, so the only way to keep track of your purchases are the mails. Now you have to write everything down somewhere else.
    Or you could just give the AH a basic log. And, if you happen to consider my suggestion, please don't limit the log to something low like 10 entries.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Editing it to be an option under the general Settings menu is a good idea that I wish I'd thought to suggest when I saw those notes for the preview shard. That would make it simple for those of us who don't really need all that mail and still allow people who need records to retain them.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • stoogeslapstoogeslap Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am getting this error message upon patching the update:

attachment.php?attachmentid=148157&stc=1&d=1383887605
  • kingconnerkingconner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I us3d arc to log into the game and that seemed to fix it
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems like they also lowered the processing time for fusing enchants. Gracias.
  • ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I see new patch and yet another mount available, it would be nice to have some were to store mounts.

Companions have quite a few 'idle' slots available in the inventory, so why not mounts ? There are twice as many mounts available in game now as there was at 'live' launch, and i know players do collect mounts, so why can't we have some were to store them ?
  • axeroixaxeroix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patch broke my game when in the loading screenafter pressing play, it instantly crashes, its really irritating as i just got back into this game too
  • thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cenomx wrote: »
    For not leting people spam Foundries wich permit you to kill a lot of mobs easily, and let you get huge exp... They made a cap, if you kill x mob in x time (fast), you get no exp for a time. It was applied to every foundry in the server. Btw, they decided to change it, and make it not to cap Featured Foundries... Because they're not supposed to give huge exp.

Actually, the cap was put in because people were creating glitches where Mobs couldn't fight back. Rather than punish the creators and people that were playing them over and over, they were punishing players for playing them, to the point that Foundries became absolute jack <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gaming. I kind of like this change, but I still prefer maps with large groups of enemies. I like to fight, and I like the harder fights, where you're facing down several groups of enemies. I pretty much quit the game entirely after they changed this. Hopefully this change means we'll be seeing more changes to the Foundry, like actual rewards/tokens you can use to buy gear for playing in them.

Right now Foundries serve very little purpose beyond MAYBE an alternate leveling method, or for the storylines of other players. If you're interested at all in gear, you HAVE to play the game provided to you by Neverwinter officially. To be quite frank, after having hours and hours of fun just slaying monsters and learning their attack patterns for later content progression, it's very hard to go back to their snoozefest they call "questing".
This discussion has been closed.