test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131018a.12 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

2»

Comments

• dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Eversince this patch. Initial logging in, where it shows the cryptic logo when loading is very slow now. Actually thought my game crashed for a moment it took so long. This only happens on the preview server since this recent patch. Wasnt doing this before.
  • emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    oh waaa waa waa you people will never be happy will you
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    Will the Delzoun Treasure Box and Greycloak Legacy also apply to new Rangers ?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will the Delzoun Treasure Box and Greycloak Legacy also apply to new Rangers ?

I'm gonna take an educated guess here and say "yes" - there's no way that I can think of the devs simply ignoring future classes with regards to the various packs they have offered previously...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I'm gonna take an educated guess here and say "yes" - there's no way that I can think of the devs simply ignoring future classes with regards to the various packs they have offered previously...

Especially since it was listed under known issues in the first set of module 2 patch notes. Which means it is not working as they intended it to, likely because they haven't gotten around to changing those 2 boxes yet.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sword coast adventures.... it makes me want to get more companions to complete levels easier... I think I see what you did there :P.

But really, I enjoy it. Annnd I see that there's the chance that the AD/Zen exchange is going to be coming to live too? I like it.

Also, up until now I never knew there was a preview version of the gateway. Oh the things I have missed out on, apparently -chuckles-
    contents to be decided
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Sword coast adventures.... it makes me want to get more companions to complete levels easier... I think I see what you did there :P.

But really, I enjoy it. Annnd I see that there's the chance that the AD/Zen exchange is going to be coming to live too? I like it.

Also, up until now I never knew there was a preview version of the gateway. Oh the things I have missed out on, apparently -chuckles-

Don't forget to leave your thoughts on Sword Coast Adventures in the feedback thread.
  • foundanameformefoundanameforme Banned Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that mini game is so funny xD realy nice, even better of doing dungeon whit cheater or nabs xD
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Don't forget to leave your thoughts on Sword Coast Adventures in the feedback thread.

Ach, crivens. Good call. Done and done.
    contents to be decided
  • hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited November 2013
    I love this!!!

A note for you: using IOS7 iPad mini in Safari it is very difficult to select my 4 companions. I keep either getting flashed their stats or my Copy and Define tools kick in. It takes several seconds to tap enough and just right so that I have a full party. Also, response is generally slow compared to the normal Gateway functions.

I played on my PC to make sure I was clicking in the correct spot on the iPad. I am; I make the companion name glow yellow and then...nothing, most of the time. The program just hangs.
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why am I having problems entering gateway?

It says:

"Disconnected from Gateway

Login Server Internal Error: Account Permissions Not Found"

Yet I can perfectly connect fine with my sister's account..?
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
    edited November 2013
    Why am I having problems entering gateway?

It says:

"Disconnected from Gateway

Login Server Internal Error: Account Permissions Not Found"

Yet I can perfectly connect fine with my sister's account..?

Are you signed up for the preview server on your account?
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Reposting this from previous feedback thread which may have been overlooked:

Feedback regarding the reworked Soulforged Enchantments:

I feel that 90 second cooldown is a bit too low.
    If you are instantly resurrected on death (and I imagine you do not receive Revive Sickness when this happens similar to using a Zen revive scroll) in PvE, it is usually rare to die again within 90 seconds especially with the boost in HP and HP regeneration that these enchantments now give.
    A player could pretty much stay alive forever, considering that you also tend to lose aggro after reviving with no other player near you.
    If you then couple this with upcoming Active companion buffs such as 1000 Power+Regeneration on reviving and 10% damage shield on reviving etc, you would see players mindlessly beating enemies/bosses simply by attitrition.

I imagine it would also be too powerful in PvP on very tanky characters that can receive additional healing from clerics or potions in that 90 second window.

I strongly suggest that the cooldown be at least 210 seconds (maybe even 240-300) for the kind of power this enchantment will grant compared to others. Especially when you consider that players can armor swap (i.e. have a spare armor in inventory with another soulforged enchantment).

There are a ton of lesser soulforged enchantments in circulation that this would become a very commonplace practice.

The difference between lesser and perfect is also rather low. I would maybe base the cooldown on the level of the enchantment. Lesser cooldown = 450 seconds, perfect 210 for example.

Also consider that this will encourage players even more to do "campfire skipping"
This discussion has been closed.