test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Type Of Companions Would You Like To See?

Comments

• Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin! Troll Paladin!
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Guild-based companions. Luskan pirates etc, expandable so that guildmembers can get companions based on guild progress.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    diomedes3diomedes3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -Gelatinous cube - i made a post about these earlier. theyd be a lot of fun

-Rust monster - this little guy would be nice. he could lower the damage that enemies are putting out

-White Owl - just a personal thing. i have an affinity for white owls :o

-Dire White Owl - just like the white owl but bigger and badder

-Nymph - a nymph could make a nice healer

-baby dragon/wyrmling - awww these little guys are cute, and dragons always make powerful allies. i hope whichever ones they pick will have appropriate animations to go along with thier personalities

-Dervish - Dervishes are just awesome. i would love to have one just dancing around the battlefield, springing into the air after a triple back flip and stabbing a sucker right in the head

-Bard - while we wait for the class it would be nice to have one to serenade us into battle

-Bullete - these guys are just cool

-Basilisk - Basilisks are pretty cool in D&D. i wanted to take one as a mount in a campaign once but my DM wouldnt allow it even though i was going to put blinders on him. :mad:

-half dragon or dragonborn - this guy can be really neat, especially considering you can have a different iteration for each the chromatic and metallic dragons. with different horn types and facial patterns and outfits. they should really do a dragon module one day and give us the 10 different dragon and half-dragon companions. or 5 if we're not going to use the evil ones.

-stonechild - I really would love to play a stonechild character but if we cant have that, a companion would be nice

-Goliath - same as Stonechild

-Giant - any of the varieties would make a cool companion, although i think most are evil so i dont know how that would work

-Eyeball - the only beholder that can be taken as a familiar, i would love to have one of these tiny little guys whizzing around my head, shooting itty bitty eye beams at people
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gelatinous Cube (preferable as a mount! :o), Mimic (definitely we need a mimic!), Roc bird (LOL!), Death Tyrant Beholder, Ochre Jelly, Homunculus, Criosphinx, Treant, Draegloth, Zairtail, Jade Macetail Behemoth, Arrowhawk, Formian(!), Invisible Stalker (easiest one to 'design' and 'model', can be on Zen Store next week) and Tarrasque (ok, maybe a miniature version :P).
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    ruffianaruffiana Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A Dancing Vorpal Blade.

A Singing Vorpal Bush!

Patsy and/or band of minstrels
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Chicken

it could be a controller type with a "cloud of feather" type attack that stuns.
    Idle animation could have it lay an egg every so often.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    wyleywyley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Bio's list sounds great, but there is one I have to add.

Mimic companion.

Yes, Please. Would go perfect with those random 'Mimic Tamer' Titles some people got =D
  • Options
    emmalineremmaliner Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bard? And if we're not getting a Battle Cleric lass anytime soon, one of those, because the only thing the current Cleric companion is good at is dying really quickly because she has no real offensive abilities when attacked.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Displacer Beast
    Thri-Kreen
    Spectator
    Naga
    Salamander
    Githyanki
    Alu-demon
    Faerie Dragon (should actually fly - unlike the Pseudo Dragon)
    Yuan Ti
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I'd love to see the infamous Miniature Giant Space Hamster from the Baldur's Gate series.
    Or, simply, a Giant Space Hamster.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
    (Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So many great suggestions here, I hope the devs are paying attention.
    Has anyone mentioned Hell hounds?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I personally am not impressed by any companion and wouldn't like any resources put into extending the system. I'd make all companions purely cosmetic and retune the dungeons/stats for the change.
  • Options
    sigwald01sigwald01 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A pvp companion that does one hit kills vs. bots and then bans them.

+1 This

Also:

Dire Ape
    Irish wolf hound
    Volaticum Letum
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ive said it before, and ill say it again. I wants a pet mimic, that adds inventory slots and picks up loot automaticly for you.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nyan Cat... Purple companion...

Lvl 30 "Blinding Rainbows" special attack causes 1 second of stun to nearby foes, causing Radiant Damage over Time.

Nyan_Cat_Is_Amazing.128.324167.jpg
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    crimsonangel90crimsonangel90 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A redcap companion qould be so cute *__* also,I noticed the redcap blood cap item from MotH is not for every class.That made my transmuting pointless and sad as hell.Please Cryptic make that awesome hat transmutable for everyone!
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    Gelatinous Cube...preferably as mount and not as companion.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A redcap companion qould be so cute *__* also,I noticed the redcap blood cap item from MotH is not for every class.That made my transmuting pointless and sad as hell.Please Cryptic make that awesome hat transmutable for everyone!

Every class has their own version of the redcap helmet from MotH.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    warzog wrote: »
    I'd love to see the infamous Miniature Giant Space Hamster from the Baldur's Gate series.
    Or, simply, a Giant Space Hamster.

I don't know what that is but now my halfling CW wants one. To go with the pet Mimic she still wants. :o
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    So many great suggestions here, I hope the devs are paying attention.
    Has anyone mentioned Hell hounds?
    Thought I'd read that these will be coming, on another website. Along with a few others. But I don't want to spoil them, if true.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Thought I'd read that these will be coming, on another website. Along with a few others. But I don't want to spoil them, if true.

I saw a datamined picture of a hellhound mount. Not heard about a companion yet.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A little hydra that grows another head every time it revives.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    grom5674grom5674 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I agree with Bio... A Rogue companion is long overdue. It should be able to if not remove traps, at least mark them seeable so you can avoid them. It also should have a chance to open any type of skill node.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    grom5674 wrote: »
    I agree with Bio... A Rogue companion is long overdue. It should be able to if not remove traps, at least mark them seeable so you can avoid them. It also should have a chance to open any type of skill node.

There are several rogue companions. There is the kobold one in the zen store, the wererat one from Drake seals, and the drow one from the promo. Also another one will be a reward from Sword Coast Adventures.

None of them however have the abilities you listed.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    There are several rogue companions. There is the kobold one in the zen store, the wererat one from Drake seals, and the drow one from the promo. Also another one will be a reward from Sword Coast Adventures.

None of them however have the abilities you listed.

The problem is, IMO, that we have too many striker companions, regardless of their theme. We need more support/control/utility companions. A rogue that sets traps for enemies, or more companions that can actually hold enemies, would be great.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jazuijazui Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Shaolin Monk with wind style attacks act's as a healing/support using his wind focused attacks to drain the essence from enemies and absorbing it as a minor shield for you and party members.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jazui wrote: »
    Shaolin Monk with wind style attacks act's as a healing/support using his wind focused attacks to drain the essence from enemies and absorbing it as a minor shield for you and party members.

Well, in anticipation of Shadowmantle, how about an Anointed Cleric companion?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    eaglestar55eaglestar55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All these sound great. I think there some possible new ones for later.

What I personally would like to see is more control over the Companions that I have. I would like to be able to purchase outfits to make them look more like us or maybe a mount so they can ride along with us. Maybe a little control over how much they heal versus how much they fight/defend. Maybe have them respond to the cry for help when you are down.

I guess what I'm saying is let them be true Companions and not just pets. Let us write a history and background for them. I know I did when I played D&D in a group with a DM.

Is that too much to ask?
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    We need more support/control/utility companions. A rogue that sets traps for enemies, or more companions that can actually hold enemies, would be great.

Like a Mimic.... ;)
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The problem is, IMO, that we have too many striker companions, regardless of their theme. We need more support/control/utility companions. A rogue that sets traps for enemies, or more companions that can actually hold enemies, would be great.
    The problem with Striker companions is that they can't do the one thing that they should do: strike. The ability to control what target your companion attacks along with decent damage would make Striker companions more useful. Otherwise Strikers are pretty useless.

Randon thought - The Pig companion does pretty good aoe damage, some crit. strike and armor pen. would be good on it...
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.